Davinci by Karma

Leaf Erikson

Hey guys, I finally got my issue resolved and I have my new vaporizer on it's way in the mail. The customer support was great after all. However, my current vaporizer finally crapped out on me and has a blank screen that's just blue and it won't heat. Is there any solution to this to hold me over in the mean time before my new vaporizer comes in?

Leaf Erikson,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Hey guys, I finally got my issue resolved and I have my new vaporizer on it's way in the mail. The customer support was great after all. However, my current vaporizer finally crapped out on me and has a blank screen that's just blue and it won't heat. Is there any solution to this to hold me over in the mean time before my new vaporizer comes in?
I've seen videos on youtube of people lighting their weed on fire.:o I know, right?

Anyway, I can't recommend it personally, but I have friends that swear that they can get high by actually smoking it. YMMV.

:peace:

Stu,

Leaf Erikson

I've seen videos on youtube of people lighting their weed on fire.:o I know, right?

Anyway, I can't recommend it personally, but I have friends that swear that they can get high by actually smoking it. YMMV.

Haha, I know man. I just really love the vape feel and I don't want to waste larger amounts by straight burning :/

Leaf Erikson,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I hear ya'. That's why I'm always preaching to anyone who will listen (and many who won't) the importance of a backup vape.

Maybe pick up a VG from a local headshop? For about $50 it's a great backup and even works during a hurricane.

I hope you can vape on, Leaf. But if you have to resort to prehistoric methods for a day or two, I promise I won't think any less of you.

Stu,
Reactions: OF

Leaf Erikson

I hear ya'. That's why I'm always preaching to anyone who will listen (and many who won't) the importance of a backup vape.

Maybe pick up a VG from a local headshop? For about $50 it's a great backup and even works during a hurricane.

I hope you can vape on, Leaf. But if you have to resort to prehistoric methods for a day or two, I promise I won't think any less of you.

I have like 4.5 g's of vaped bud saved up though... Could that get me by for like a week haha? I've yet to try consuming avb. I'm definitely going to invest in a VG for the future though.

Any tips on how to consume the avb for maximum effect? I'd rather it not be something that will cause my house to smell. I'm thinking just to mix in with a peanut butter sandwich?

Leaf Erikson,
Reactions: Stu

Jay-wolf

so I feel kinda like a crazy noob posting this. I have been having quite an interesting/ frustrating journey on my vaporising path, I have purchased a couple crappy vaps, than i got my DV. first one i got had some problems so i sent it back. and the new one I have works fantastic! ( i think) during my vaporising journey have put down my vape for months, pick it back up, end up not happy and start smoking again. get sick of smoking and pick up my DV again, but end up smoking in the end because im just not happy with the affects im having.
now, i know this is probably because i am getting use to the transition from smoking to vaping. i have been trying to find some info on how to make the switch easer. but not much out there

i have also won the DV prise pack. from the earlier contest and i now have more vaps than I know what to do with! and now i am determined to fuck combustion for good and learn how to enjoy vaping. i just need some tips on what will make it easer. and how to use my DV more efficiently. I would like to be only vaping in time for my new ascent !

Questions: i know i might be repeating some. if you have any links to info it would be appreciated
when you use your DV do you use the top chamber or the bottom? -- I have been using the bottom just learned that the top was for herb. LOL!
what temps do you guys find good?
do you find using it it at max 405 too hot?
big bowels? small bowels. tight loose?
do you find your screens get plugged really fast ? or is this just me?
heavy hits/ draws or light ones.
thanks peeps. I guess you can say im not new at vaporizing, i'm still going through the learning process and trying to get use to the affects and finding it really hard to get the hang of it, I am completely determined to though! especially after winning all those vaps. any info appreciated
THANKS!

Jay-wolf,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Those things are hard to answer Jay. We are all different. I can tell you what I do but that might not work for you. I am a low temp person. I was unable to stop smoking with the DV. It didn't satisfy me either although I like the vape and still use it. I ended up quitting using the INH-04.

To your questions as best as I can. The bottom chamber is the one you use. I know some use the top but that perplexes me. I find medium to fine but not overly grind is good with the DV. I do not pack it. I toss herb in near the bowl and tap it in till it is full. I then tamp the top a little. The screen usually touches it hence why it gets clogged. After you are done with a session empty the herb and brush the screen with the included tool.

As I said i am a low temp person so I basically vape at 375 and sometimes as low as 365-67. I know that is an odd number but 367 seems to work for me.

As far as quitting smoking I went cold turkey for 3 weeks then tried to smoke and it was just gross. I tried one more time a week or so later and still gross. I never in my life thought that would happen but it did. You also have to get used to what vaping does to you. There are some actives when you smoke, not good ones, that make you feel different. You also are getting all the good actives all at once with smoking instead of a nice slow steady pace. I think there is an article about it in vapopedia. It is also explained in many threads here but I don't have the links. I did the best I can.

On draw I am not a huge hit person either. I take steady draws at a normal regular breathing speed. I normally take only a five second draw.

Hope this helps.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Jay-wolf

Jay-wolf

Those things are hard to answer Jay. We are all different. I can tell you what I do but that might not work for you. I am a low temp person. I was unable to stop smoking with the DV. It didn't satisfy me either although I like the vape and still use it. I ended up quitting using the INH-04.

To your questions as best as I can. The bottom chamber is the one you use. I know some use the top but that perplexes me. I find medium to fine but not overly grind is good with the DV. I do not pack it. I toss herb in near the bowl and tap it in till it is full. I then tamp the top a little. The screen usually touches it hence why it gets clogged. After you are done with a session empty the herb and brush the screen with the included tool.

As I said i am a low temp person so I basically vape at 375 and sometimes as low as 365-67. I know that is an odd number but 367 seems to work for me.

As far as quitting smoking I went cold turkey for 3 weeks then tried to smoke and it was just gross. I tried one more time a week or so later and still gross. I never in my life thought that would happen but it did. You also have to get used to what vaping does to you. There are some actives when you smoke, not good ones, that make you feel different. You also are getting all the good actives all at once with smoking instead of a nice slow steady pace. I think there is an article about it in vapopedia. It is also explained in many threads here but I don't have the links. I did the best I can.

On draw I am not a huge hit person either. I take steady draws at a normal regular breathing speed. I normally take only a five second draw.

Hope this helps.
thanks for your feed back, anything helps.! :p

Jay-wolf,

Adobewan

@Jaywolf
Are your Meds dry? I grind medium fine to fine, with well dried material. Fill and tamp with my finger, fill more, tamp again, set it around 380-390 F, medium to medium strong draws, and get serious clouds for a good dozen pulls and no clog problems yet.

But I'm no expert. There's a top chamber?
Peace and good luck.

Adobewan,
Im new here and im getting my second vape (da vinci) today and was wondering how durable is it? ive heard it vapes good but i seem to strike bad luck how reliabe is the da vinci on not breaking? And from were i ordered it theirs no warranty so im hoping i can register once it gets here for the 2 year warranty. i just always have bad luck lol not saying ive heard alot of da vincis breaking just wondering havent heard much about how long it lasts anyone here have theirs for a year with no problems? besides minor stuff like changing screens and batteries. id be interested to hear im scanning these forums about it too it has been really helpful.

laugingsodreamy12,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I have had mine for more then a year with no issues.

Dreamerr,

DonDonDon

I talked to DV and they replied with a set of instructions. I had put the recepit in the box and had thrown it away like a fool during house cleaning. Since then they have not responded for almost a week. I'm so sad. Am I completely undone?

DonDonDon,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Talk to them again and tell them what happened most likely things will work out for you .
I Contacted them last week via email and still have only gotten an auto reply that they got my message, but I haven't followed up either. delt with them before and they did every thing to stand behind their product. Good luck don't give up.

the dv folks were at a trade show in south america thru the weekend I think, maybe better luck reaching them this week

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
I talked to DV and they replied with a set of instructions. I had put the recepit in the box and had thrown it away like a fool during house cleaning. Since then they have not responded for almost a week. I'm so sad. Am I completely undone?
Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your vape. But, they won't leave you hanging. I'm certain :tup:. Like Rude Boy said they have been away from there offices trade-showing the Ascent . Maybe try to give them a call. Or you could send a DM through here by clicking Da Vinci's avatar and then click the start a conversation link. Explain your circumstances, and the team will respond as soon as they return. I hope this can help some.

1_gr8_underdog,

Jay-wolf

i didn't have a receipt when i sent mine in. got the place i got it from to wright a hand bill. and it worked. perhaps you want to try that. if the store is nice they will probably do that for you

Jay-wolf,
Hey if anyone can help me out dreamer has been helping me out alot but i guess im being a nub my brand new dv is already acting weird it started whistling more when i hit it and it doesnt pass through the flex straw and it whistles more i dont know if that has anything to do with it, and the material clogs the screen pretty easy.. ive only had it for a day and idk what happened but a screen fell out i think from the part were you unscrew it but i couldnt tell. can anyone please help me out? i made sure the starw wasnt clogged does anyone know what it could be is their supposed to be 2 screens one on the one you unscrew and one in the chamber? and ive contacted customer service at da vinci but they said theyll contact me in 24 hours so im kinda bummed ;). the material vapes fine it just doesn't pass through the flexi straw as easy i tried to put a screen back in the top but it didnt seem to help anything im lost.

laugingsodreamy12,

OF

i made sure the starw wasnt clogged does anyone know what it could be is their supposed to be 2 screens one on the one you unscrew and one in the chamber? and ive contacted customer service at da vinci but they said theyll contact me in 24 hours so im kinda bummed ;). the material vapes fine it just doesn't pass through the flexi straw as easy i tried to put a screen back in the top but it didnt seem to help anything im lost.

Welcome to the fun, good choice in vapes IMO. Dreamer's good folk for sure, she knows well what she knows and sticks to that.

Yes, there's a second chamber in the lid, with screen at both ends. The lower one fouls up easily if your bud isn't well cured. If your goods are moist, dry them out well and that will go a long way to keeping it clear.

A good test is to see how it draws with the lid up, it should be pretty free.

Good luck.

OF

Welcome to the fun, good choice in vapes IMO. Dreamer's good folk for sure, she knows well what she knows and sticks to that.

Yes, there's a second chamber in the lid, with screen at both ends. The lower one fouls up easily if your bud isn't well cured. If your goods are moist, dry them out well and that will go a long way to keeping it clear.

A good test is to see how it draws with the lid up, it should be pretty free.

Good luck.

OF
darn yea i thought so i tried putting one in but for me it was really hard because i have huge hands, and it works fine without the top screen, i couldn't find any tweezers everytime i put the screen in the upper chamber (were it fell out) it acts like its kinda clogged (i cant get it in to sit right its liek the screens are slightly too large) but ima try it again haha i feel silly but it works great without the upper screen but i should put it back in huh? thanks for helping me out i was worried lol and why does the material always clog up i guess my material could be more damp, i just want to talk care of it and its my firsy real vape ever so im a nub lol.

laugingsodreamy12,

OF

i feel silly but it works great without the upper screen but i should put it back in huh? thanks for helping me out i was worried lol and why does the material always clog up i guess my material could be more damp, i just want to talk care of it and its my firsy real vape ever so im a nub lol.

Your call, but IMO if you're not loading the upper chamber the top screen is just in the way. I'd leave it out.

Yes, do dry your good well first. Not only will it vape cleaner and faster (you don't have to dry it first) which also saves battery life.

Another useful tip for keeping the screen clean is to immediately open the top and blow hard through the stem while the screen is still hot (stuff doesn't stick well then).

Good luck with your new friend. After a few weeks check how little herb you've been using......

OF

Your call, but IMO if you're not loading the upper chamber the top screen is just in the way. I'd leave it out.

Yes, do dry your good well first. Not only will it vape cleaner and faster (you don't have to dry it first) which also saves battery life.

Another useful tip for keeping the screen clean is to immediately open the top and blow hard through the stem while the screen is still hot (stuff doesn't stick well then).

Good luck with your new friend. After a few weeks check how little herb you've been using......

OF
oh okay so i should just leave the top screen out see i didnt know that the thing you unscrew you can load more material their? thats the one that fell out that i leaving out not the piece you unscrew but like inside the top i didnt know that you could load does it go with the other chamber too? thats interesting.

i do like it alot its new to me so im getting used to it. and yea ive been doing that it seems to work when you draw i noticed i really get it when i get like its kinda hot in the mouth piece (flex straw) but not like a lot, how do i know when the material is all the way done? from my knowledge kinda just guessing right? especially since you cant see down the chamber that well, but is it just when the material is all dried out and brown but not black? from my expeience i dont think its combusted yet so im really happy about that. and ive noticed that it does pack a bunch for little material needed. i draw slow but long i hope im doing it right thanks for all the advice im sure to learn more as i go on.

laugingsodreamy12,

OF

oh okay so i should just leave the top screen out see i didnt know that the thing you unscrew you can load more material their? thats the one that fell out that i leaving out not the piece you unscrew but like inside the top i didnt know that you could load does it go with the other chamber too? thats interesting.

i do like it alot its new to me so im getting used to it. and yea ive been doing that it seems to work when you draw i noticed i really get it when i get like its kinda hot in the mouth piece (flex straw) but not like a lot, how do i know when the material is all the way done? from my knowledge kinda just guessing right? especially since you cant see down the chamber that well, but is it just when the material is all dried out and brown but not black? from my expeience i dont think its combusted yet so im really happy about that. and ive noticed that it does pack a bunch for little material needed. i draw slow but long i hope im doing it right thanks for all the advice im sure to learn more as i go on.

I'm not 100% sure we're in lock step here. On the bottom of the lid there should be a screen very close. Above that there's another that doesn't need to be there. The lower one keeps the herb in the chamber, you want it there. The upper one you don't need.

You lean to tell by taste (stay well clear of 'burnt popcorn') but I usually back that up by swinging the top up and peeking inside. You probably want something like 'tobacco brown', not 'light roast coffee' brown yet?

Trust me, if you're questioning it you've never combusted. When the stuff flashes off you'll have no doubt what's just happened.

I'm not sure it's even possible to combust with DV. I've never come close, has anyone else?

OF

I'm not 100% sure we're in lock step here. On the bottom of the lid there should be a screen very close. Above that there's another that doesn't need to be there. The lower one keeps the herb in the chamber, you want it there. The upper one you don't need.

You lean to tell by taste (stay well clear of 'burnt popcorn') but I usually back that up by swinging the top up and peeking inside. You probably want something like 'tobacco brown', not 'light roast coffee' brown yet?

Trust me, if you're questioning it you've never combusted. When the stuff flashes off you'll have no doubt what's just happened.

I'm not sure it's even possible to combust with DV. I've never come close, has anyone else?

OF
i think we are the screw cap screen and the one you load the material making it 2 screens in the device in all right? ive never burnt my material in it i love it for that i hate combustion.

laugingsodreamy12,
Top Bottom