OF

Not to change the subject :cool: ...

I just ordered this little leather coin pouch to carry my Miqro in my pocket. It'll be close but I think it should fit ...

Couldn't find a US distributor though so I'll be waiting for it to arrive from China ... targeted delivery ... December 26th ...

Interesting suggestion. Unfortunately I fear it will be too short at 8.5cm (although such measurements are always questionable IMO. FWIW, I use these purses for my airgun pellets:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072XNBQJ3/ref=dp_cerb_1

A bit cheaper, available from Amazon, a bit larger. 10mm in diameter by the claim, a measurement I agree with. More importantly Miqro does fit (with the short MP) and has enough space for a spare cell or two (or one and some stash?) at the expense of being more 'packed full'. Not as 'pocket friendly'. You can get five for about twice that price so could use a second one to carry extras and still have a few to give to friends?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0799GDHGT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I hope this is not rude to suggest here, I can't find the 'men's coin purse' thread.......

Good luck with your purchase, please let us know how it works out? TIA

Regards to all.

OF

Edit: Ooops, make that 10cm, not mm (about four inches, not half an inch). Silly metric system anyway....... Miqro does fit, I tried it.

OF

Last edited:

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Heres hoping my Miqro with the flat MP fits ... really small pocket friendly is what i was after ... at least i have a possible alternative if this one doesn't pan out ... thanks OF ...

olivianewtonjohn

You might consider one of my favorite vapes then, and a tiny little guy it is. The DV Miqro (I think there's a larger model with the same features but don't have any experience there.

You put your herb in through a 'trap door' with an adjustable 'pearl', made of Zirconium no less, on the lid that allows down to half size loads while still keeping them snug. Among operating modes is 'Smart Path'. You could select path 2 which starts at 370F and automatically steps up to 390 through the session. Then vibrates to tell you it's timed out. Restarting and pushing the up key takes you to path 3 which starts at 390 and goes to 410. Repeating again gives you 410 to 430. You can, of course, also set any fixed temp you like.

My favorite, which I just used a bit ago, is path 3.

Very tiny and well made. Has a 900mAh 'half size cell that's easy to replace.

Weekend regards to all.

OF

I will be honest, I have never been a fan of davinci products (on paper). I picked the solo over the OG davinci (both were pretty popular at the time) for im sure decent reasons. Then watched as the ascent built a lot of hype initlaly but then seemed to have issues and was kind of disappointing IMO.

That said your advice was very helpful for my last vaporizer purchase. And if this is one of your favorites given your extensive collection? That says alot.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will give this vaporizer a solid look before my next vape purchase. Soon I will be able to consume :leaf: again, until then you'll have to pick up the slack :razz:

OF

That said your advice was very helpful for my last vaporizer purchase. And if this is one of your favorites given your extensive collection? That says alot.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will give this vaporizer a solid look before my next vape purchase. Soon I will be able to consume :leaf: again, until then you'll have to pick up the slack :razz:

Glad to help, if not add to the confusion. Lots of choices. I too was not over impressed with Ascent, interesting design but awfully fiddly. Solo remains a favorite over it (and the others), solid and dependable performance.

But this little guy is fun and effective. I disliked the 'step up' feature at first but now use it exclusively. Stepping up with other vapes fit in that 'too fiddly to enjoy' area, but this one does it automatically. No free lunches, short battery life follows the tiny size. I generally get two sessions per load, but have to recharge (or swap batteries......and the trap door is awkward to work so I usually recharge) every other time I reload (four sessions per charge).

Like I said, there's a similar bigger version I've never tried. It lacks the 'small as possible' charm.

After is loaded, it's very handy to have in the pocket. And fun to use. And effective. Not a good 'only vape' perhaps but I'm glad I got it as it gets a lot of use. In 'spurts' like with VM (another favorite) or a few others that I might not use for a month or more between 'Solo benders', but then come back to for heavy use......for a while.

Regards.

OF

OF

I just ordered this little leather coin pouch to carry my Miqro in my pocket. It'll be close but I think it should fit ...

Couldn't find a US distributor though so I'll be waiting for it to arrive from China ... targeted delivery ... December 26th ...

This idea kept preying on my mind. So I poked around Amazon a bit and found this guy which just arrived:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FWIE1W2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's just barely long enough inside to fit the Miqro WITH the long MP! Like it was made for the job. Even has enough room for a pair of extra 18350s (or one and some stash, or none at all and even more stash....). Looks very well made, and made in the US no less. Eight bucks and here in two days.

Most cool and recommended. Thanks for the great suggestion @NYC_Frank.

OF

NeedleNuts

I will be honest, I have never been a fan of davinci products (on paper). I picked the solo over the OG davinci (both were pretty popular at the time) for im sure decent reasons. Then watched as the ascent built a lot of hype initlaly but then seemed to have issues and was kind of disappointing IMO.

I've only been vaping a year now after 35 years of smoking. I started with the atmos jump (garbage but did the job) and then the fury2. So with this lack of experience here's my take on the miqro.
I got the miqro a few weeks ago and although being a lovely quality little device and getting me ripped nicely it's not the most economical with your herb and I get very little flavour or vapor with it. Fury2 for me is undoubtedly better and roughly at the same price. Great tasting vapor with cloud for the first few off a small bowl and no having to mess with the pearl and stirring the bowl etc.
I want to love the miqro but unfortunately it's a case of "it's me not you". Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Does anyone here own both and feel the same?

So to sum it up, I would recommend the fury2 over the miqro, in that price range.
I apologise to all miqro lovers.

OF

Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Does anyone here own both and feel the same?

So to sum it up, I would recommend the fury2 over the miqro, in that price range.

I own both, but don't really share your opinion. I'm a big fan of F2, and Edge (upgraded version of it a bit more perhaps).

They (Miqro and F2) are different tools IMO, with Miqro being more 'fiddly' to get the results I like. Using it at fixed temperature doesn't work as well for me as using the 'smart plan' function. I use number 3 so it starts at 390F and slowly works up to to 410 (hotter than I like on F2) through the session. I'll typically do two sessions (same profile) per load getting effective, if not tasty, hits both times. Again, unlike fixed temperature mode. Have you tried that?

Otherwise, I use dry herb (helps control fouling), medium ground with fairly snug pack. This with the Perl adjusted so the cover 'barely closes'. I believe this is important to keep the heat conduction working effectively. I also sip, giving time for modest 'heat soaks' and think hitting it to hard/fast doesn't work well.

F2 (and Edge) seem more like Solo in that they are less fussy with such details. Both F2 and Edge are currently loaded with capsules filled with bubble hash (an entirely different deal than herb IMO). I've used Edge this way for occasional sessions and it's finally 'giving out' as I've been enjoying Miqro for the last week or two (charging a time or two every day). So 'it's working for me' right now, although I'll no doubt drift back to Solo/Air/Argo or F2/Edge (or some other) for routine use eventually as the urge strikes.

But for now, fiddly as it is, I'm enjoying Miqro and continuing to use it regularly......but that specific way.

A personal call, for sure.

Best wishes in your quest.

OF

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I've only been vaping a year now after 35 years of smoking. I started with the atmos jump (garbage but did the job) and then the fury2. So with this lack of experience here's my take on the miqro.
I got the miqro a few weeks ago and although being a lovely quality little device and getting me ripped nicely it's not the most economical with your herb and I get very little flavour or vapor with it. Fury2 for me is undoubtedly better and roughly at the same price. Great tasting vapor with cloud for the first few off a small bowl and no having to mess with the pearl and stirring the bowl etc.
I want to love the miqro but unfortunately it's a case of "it's me not you". Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Does anyone here own both and feel the same?

In most situations, I would probably recommend the Fury over the Miqro as well - especially if it is your only vape.
However, as @OF said, they are two very different beasts and both have their place to shine.
I find the Fury (2 & Edge) much more versatile, efficient and easy to maintain compared to the Miqro.
However, with the Miqro I usually get a much stronger high.
And the taste (when properly maintained) is excellent - a much denser flavor for me.
But yes, probably its biggest con is that is is not efficient with herb - you need a lot to get best results (packed tight) and it burns through it pretty quickly. For me the name is very deceiving- this is not a great choice for micro-dosing.

NeedleNuts

In most situations, I would probably recommend the Fury over the Miqro as well - especially if it is your only vape.
However, as @OF said, they are two very different beasts and both have their place to shine.
I find the Fury (2 & Edge) much more versatile, efficient and easy to maintain compared to the Miqro.
However, with the Miqro I usually get a much stronger high.
And the taste (when properly maintained) is excellent - a much denser flavor for me.
But yes, probably its biggest con is that is is not efficient with herb - you need a lot to get best results (packed tight) and it burns through it pretty quickly. For me the name is very deceiving- this is not a great choice for micro-dosing.
@JILL and @OF, thanks for repying. Good to hear your feedback on this. Happy days.

OF

Happy days.

(Happy days.) and lots of 'em.

Yer welcome, of course, glad to help. I just enjoyed mine. Second session on that 1/4 gram load, it's spent. Not what I call 'micro dosing', although lowering the pearl a bit might reduce that a bit. Rather perhaps the 'micro' part refers to size? It is tiny....

OF

NYC_Frank

This idea kept preying on my mind. So I poked around Amazon a bit and found this guy which just arrived:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FWIE1W2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's just barely long enough inside to fit the Miqro WITH the long MP! Like it was made for the job. Even has enough room for a pair of extra 18350s (or one and some stash, or none at all and even more stash....). Looks very well made, and made in the US no less. Eight bucks and here in two days.

Most cool and recommended. Thanks for the great suggestion @NYC_Frank.

OF

I was going through and old junk drawer today and found an old Motorola set of earbuds which came in this pouch .... the buds were lousy but the pouch can be put to use ... not the best as the top doesn't have a full velcro seal but for now I'll put itbto use ... the old Motorola bat wings "M" on it now stands for "Miqro"

20191214-095936.jpg

OF

I was going through and old junk drawer today and found an old Motorola set of earbuds which came in this pouch .... the buds were lousy but the pouch can be put to use ... not the best as the top doesn't have a full velcro seal but for now I'll put itbto use ... the old Motorola bat wings "M" on it now stands for "Miqro"

Great idea. If the cops stop you, stick the Miqro in your ear and pretend you're talking to your Uncle.....the Judge.....via Bluetooth?

OF

Doogans

Hey all! I just got a Miqro and am trying to do a "burn off" cycle. However, my unit still smells a bit funky if I put my nose nead the mouthpiece. I'm not sure if it's the silicone or other material causing the odor. Prior to the burn of I soaked all the removable components (including silicone gasket) in 90% ISO. Thanks for any help!

OF

Hey all! I just got a Miqro and am trying to do a "burn off" cycle. However, my unit still smells a bit funky if I put my nose nead the mouthpiece. I'm not sure if it's the silicone or other material causing the odor. Prior to the burn of I soaked all the removable components (including silicone gasket) in 90% ISO. Thanks for any help!

You have to make the call, but also remember that the first few uses will coat everything inside with 'reclaim' and thus seal it off?

You might also get better results by forcing some air through during the burn off. Like putting it in front of a fan with 'both doors' open. Otherwise there's not much actual flow.

OF

OF,
Reactions: ataxian

NYC_Frank

Heres hoping my Miqro with the flat MP fits ... really small pocket friendly is what i was after ... at least i have a possible alternative if this one doesn't pan out ... thanks OF ...

Arrived from China today and ..... it fits !!!

There's a little bit of room at the bottom due to the shape of the pouch but not enough to hold a spare battery ... fits the bill though as its very pocket friendly ...

Merry Christmas :)

20191223-152315.jpg

20191223-152428.jpg

Last edited:

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
You guys all inspired me to reach out to davinci, thanks! Just sent mine back - hope to get a speedy turnaround!
Just wanted to follow up on my repair.

It took a little bit of rigamarole (i.e. I had to take a video of me not being able to turn it on before they would give me a RMA, and had to fill out same lengthy info 3-4 times). I also had to follow up with them several times, but in the end, they sent me a new unit just in time for NYE.

So happy to have this guy back in my lineup. Really nice flavor, packs a punch and is as stealthy as I could ever hope for. I am still a big fan.

macca924

Much improvement than the old model ? I always found the bowl way too big on the original model

macca924,

NeedleNuts

I've had miqro around 3 months and just can't figure it out. I keep it clean. I find the draw resistance too much and I seldom get any clouds even at max temp. It gets me toasted but....
Is there any super technique for drawing on this device?

NYC_Frank

I've had miqro around 3 months and just can't figure it out. I keep it clean. I find the draw resistance too much and I seldom get any clouds even at max temp. It gets me toasted but....

I use the flat MP and find nice long slow pulls with your lips tightly together so you're sipping works great for me ... then about 15 secs between draws to let the unit regain its temperature level ... using Smartpaths 3 and 4 ...

Marcus

I find mouth pulls and then to lung to be my preferred way to use the Miqro.

I like it packed nice n tight, but a looser pack helps with the draw resistance, try packing it to the end of the white oven part and then giving it a stir with the poker before closing the lid.

I get vapour at smart path 3 for the whole 5 min session, but as said above, it's no cloud machine and it seems to be most efficient with small sips and a tight pack (in my preference).

:brow:

Experiment a little and find your groove. :tup:

OF

If it’s getting you toasted, it’s working. It’s not a cloud machine, you can think of that as a feature (stealth), not a bug.

Well put, it's versatile but not magic. As I understand the idea it was to be as small as possible and be able to fully extract 'micro' size loads. That means there's not a lot of herb in there to make vapor fast? Clouds have been sacrificed to meet those other goals.

As pointed out by ST above you get full, effective extraction. Just slowly, over many hits.

It's designed for sipping, in a tiny package. And most think it does a great job at that. Other vapes with different trade offs will do better at making big clouds.

OF

NeedleNuts

Thanks for the replies all. I do appreciate it. I've pretty much tried all those good suggestions. I suppose I expected more from it. I've mentioned earlier in this thread that I also have the Fury2 and love it. I was thinking the Miqro would be similar but in a smaller package. It's really not that much smaller, strong draw resistance and I find it certainly isn't as economical with the herb. So that's where my disappointment comes from.
Not to worry. I'll always have it as my backup.

StringTheorista

I actually agree on all those points, @NeedleNuts. I got the miqro first, found it used more herb than seemed necessary for a true micro-doser (comparing to dynavap), and then got the POTV ONE (like the Fury 2) and found it ticked the boxes better for me. Similarly easy to pocket and palm, but more efficient with my goodies: I can load it with the small amount I want, and be happier with the results than with the miqro.

Top Bottom