Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
For those that have used both - if you could get the IQ for 160 US or the MIQRO for 120 US - which would you go with?

Your usage would be 0.05 - 0.1g per day. No sharing-purpose is stealth with quick hits to get you where you want to be.

Thanks.
Tough one
You'd be best advised by those who have owned both, and I've only ever owned the mIQro, never even tried the IQ.
Having said that heres my :2c:
I'd be tempted to go for the IQ for the following reasons:

It's ony $40 more than the mIQro.

The IQ is said by some to be better (I suspect this boils down to them being heavier consumers than you, and me, but it would be good to have the 'headroom' provided by the IQ).

The IQ looks like it would be almost as stealthy as the mIQro (and since battery life would be better, and some extra herb could be carried in the flavour chamber, I imagine that you'd have to carry the mIQro capsule to match the IQ for stamina plus storage, it's actually better than the mIQro for 'pocketability' if a single mIQro bowl would not be enough to last you all day).

BUT:
If a single mIQro bowl is enough to last you all day, then just get that, it's a great little vape if you can stand the short battery and smallish oven.

jamhead

Thank you for the thorough reply. I like the look of the MIQRO and the lack of the flavor chamber, which seems to cause issues based on my research. My ONLY concern with the MIQRO is potency of vapor - which I don’t know. My ideal would be to turn it on and get 3-4 good hits within a couple minutes and be good to go - if the vapor is on par with dynavap. I would prefer not to vape for 10 minutes to get where I need to be. Thanks again.

Copacetic

Matching the DV for vapour quality is asking a lot IMO (assuming a practised DV user here, as there is a little technique required to get the very best vapour quality that the DV can provide), but the mIQro does pretty well.
It can't quite match the density of a high temp DV hit, so satisfaction will be a little less if you crave that, but it's pretty competent, and provides good results in the use case you describe.

The haptic vibe' helps with stealth, and 'cold odour' is no disaster, but is apparent to those with a good sense of smell unless a decent case is used (I use the Explorer case, which works, but since it's really designed for the IQ is a little bigger than it really needs to be).

The chamber holds a lot more than a DV, and can be made to last 3-4 sessions at low temps, but flavour (and effect to some extent) will degrade with each session, unlike refilling a DV 2 or three times.

Copacetic,
Reactions: NYC_Frank

Adobewan

For those that have used both - if you could get the IQ for 160 US or the MIQRO for 120 US - which would you go with?

Your usage would be 0.05 - 0.1g per day. No sharing-purpose is stealth with quick hits to get you where you want to be.

Thanks.
The Miqro does have a flavor chamber as well.
I would go for the IQ. It's nearly as stealthy, you can get spacers to lower the load, and it has longer battery life.
Basically all that the Miqro offers(save the smaller footprint) and more.
Might keep in mind, the IQ fits in the pocket very comfortably as well!
Good luck with your decision, you're going to be happy with either choice, they are both premium units.

Copacetic

The Miqro does have a flavor chamber as well.
I would go for the IQ. It's nearly as stealthy, you can get spacers to lower the load, and it has longer battery life.
Basically all that the Miqro offers(save the smaller footprint) and more.
Might keep in mind, the IQ fits in the pocket very comfortably as well!
Good luck with your decision, you're going to be happy with either choice, they are both premium units.
The mIQro's cooling tube is quite different to the IQ flavour chamber as it can't be filled with herb to provide extra flavour and collect reclaim in the manner the IQ is intended to.

Just FYI :tup:

jamhead

Awesome info from both of you. Thank you. Copacetic - your response really answered what - it seems- no reviewer could. I could care less about seeing vapor- I’ve used the dynavap exclusively for over a year and have a technique that even surprises me with the sheer power of the rips. I know the MIQRO won’t match that - and the dyn will remain my go-to - but reviewers seem to say that since there’s no clouds - the vape isn’t potent.

It’ll be a game time decision. Popular head shop has both units and the head shop is listed on Davinci’s web site as an authorized local dealer . I’ll need to be confident the IQ is legit - then determine which I like. But your statement on the MIQRO makes me feel better. Thanks again!

jamhead

Thanks again for the opinions all. I ended up going with the Miqro. Got the explorers edition, black, for 130 US. Standard would have been 100, so I think I got a good deal.

The Miqro seemed to be built better than the IQ while I was inspecting today...lid was tighter, air path was snug, and magnets were stronger. I won’t get a chance to test drive until Sunday- so we’ll see.

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
Always interesting to catch up on a thread I haven't visited for a while. I still find it a little odd that anyone is surprised when a very small vape doesn't have a big enough capacity , long battery life, quick heat up... There are sacrifices you make with each vape. I have acquired a small collection of vapes which all fit different needs and situations. As far as the Miqro, I really like it. It's so small and convenient. I can always carry and easily replace the battery or refill the load with the optional explorer container. smell? The small zippered case works great for that as well as carrying a few extra essentials. Heat? The slip on silicone sleeve will handle that. And then theres the mouthpiece. While I would agree with most users that the longer stem is nicer and cooler , I still use the flat to reduce size. I find that puffing on the Miqro like a cigar not only reduces the heat on my lips but gives the smaller heater time to maintain its temperature and produce better vapor. I LOVE the built in stirring stick and wish other vapes ( at least those which need stirring ) would include one. My only small gripe is that after I have stirred the herb it's hard to re-tamp it unless I wait for the oven to cool down. For what it is, I think this could be a great addition to anyone's collection. The Miqro and Fury 2 are my go to EDC vapes at the moment , at least until the Tinymight arrives

OF

There are sacrifices you make with each vape. I have acquired a small collection of vapes which all fit different needs and situations.

My only small gripe is that after I have stirred the herb it's hard to re-tamp it unless I wait for the oven to cool down. For what it is, I think this could be a great addition to anyone's collection. The Miqro and Fury 2 are my go to EDC vapes at the moment , at least until the Tinymight arrives

I agree fully, but like to think of it as 'compromises' or 'trade offs' rather than sacrifices. Life is full of them. The battery in the Miqro trades off capacity for current ability. You can have more of one at the expense of the other. In practice this means we want a cell just potent enough for our worst case current needs so we can have as much run time as possible. Miqro could have a bigger load, but it'd have to be bigger overall to do it, then would need a bigger battery to make up the added heat losses.....

It's been wisely said, "Life is a compromise, as time goes on you may have less hair to comb but you get more forehead to wash".

On the repack after stirring issue, try turning the tool over and using the bent head. Not optimum, but it works. I've often wondered if 'they' could make the head bigger for that purpose?

FWIW I'm a fan of F2 as well. Edge is good too, but F2 has the minimalist edge?

Regards to all.

OF

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I too wish the head of the stirring tool was bigger. I've tried to tamp with the back end but not with much success. I changed to a finer grind which seems to work better but also harder to pack tightly with a sharp poker...

VapeKnight,
Reactions: OF

OF

I too wish the head of the stirring tool was bigger. I've tried to tamp with the back end but not with much success. I changed to a finer grind which seems to work better but also harder to pack tightly with a sharp poker...
I agree, conduction vapes work best with finer grinds and at least modest pack. The heat has to conduct in after all?

Truth be known my favorite tool for such tasks is an 'orange wood stick' (actually sometimes other woods) with the sharp end cut off and end sanded square. I leave the sloping end intact, it's just the ticket for digging the ABV out of corners and cracks (and the square end packs well). Like these:

https://www.amazon.com/Mini-Skater-...words=orangewood+sticks&qid=1575138647&sr=8-5

They come in two common diameters, .12 and .16 inches, the bigger better for packing (and the end tends to last longer. There a cheaper ones around, but watch for thinner ones and other than orange woods. They are common tools for pedi can manicures, so you could just ask for a couple next time you're having your nails done?

I sometimes carry shortened ones in the stash container with the ground herb for refills on the run.

Very handy tools. Watch makers have the same basic thing, they call them 'pegs', which they use to hold things in place while fitting those tiny screws but the same thing costs a lot more there.....

OF

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
I've used this same push pin tool with my MiQro to tamp ... works as nicely for the MiQro as it did for my Dynavaps ... gonna have to find some stainless steel versions ...

Not sure it hasn't been mentioned before and my apologies if it has but i use a good old push pin to seat my ccd's and also tamp my material nice and firm

20191027-202601.jpg

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I rarely use the tool it comes with because flipping it over to get to it takes oh-so-much effort ;)
I use my new vape pax loading tool to load and pack. I never stir, cause I am lazy.

Can you use the warranty to get it fixed?
You guys all inspired me to reach out to davinci, thanks! Just sent mine back - hope to get a speedy turnaround!

jamhead

So ....couple of questions:
1) for those using screens IN the oven. Are you continuing to use and if so, any downside? Oven discoloration? Difficulty cleaning?
2) has the build up under the oven been a problem?
3) for those using a screen in the mouthpiece - any adverse reactions or issues with the vape?

Thank you . Tried mine on Sunday and can give a brief synopsis later....

jamhead,

NeedleNuts

I agree fully, but like to think of it as 'compromises' or 'trade offs' rather than sacrifices. Life is full of them. The battery in the Miqro trades off capacity for current ability. You can have more of one at the expense of the other. In practice this means we want a cell just potent enough for our worst case current needs so we can have as much run time as possible. Miqro could have a bigger load, but it'd have to be bigger overall to do it, then would need a bigger battery to make up the added heat losses.....

It's been wisely said, "Life is a compromise, as time goes on you may have less hair to comb but you get more forehead to wash".

On the repack after stirring issue, try turning the tool over and using the bent head. Not optimum, but it works. I've often wondered if 'they' could make the head bigger for that purpose?

FWIW I'm a fan of F2 as well. Edge is good too, but F2 has the minimalist edge?

Regards to all.

OF

So I received my new Miqro last week. Lovely little unit. Feels really nice in the hand. I was surprised how heavy it was. I thought it was lighter. Probably because of the size.
Still, it's good in the pocket and a half baked chamber doesn't stink in your pocket as I thought it might.
I too am a big fan of the Fury2 and mainly microdose a couple of long draws and then switch off. I have fairly low tolerence so I get a lovely buzz off it.
With the Miqro I don't think the vapor tastes as good as the Fury. Still get's me as wasted though.

My first try of it I vaped a full bowl in one session at 430. I got nice thinish clouds from each draw and 15 mins later I regretted it as I was smashed and my missus (doesn't like me touching weed) and the kids arrived home unexpectely. Ha it was a struggle to put up a normal front.

All in all a lovely little vape for out and about. The Fury will stay as my home vape until I get the Crafty+.

Yewwwwwwww

OF

So I was surprised how heavy it was.

With the Miqro I don't think the vapor tastes as good as the Fury.

.....and my missus (doesn't like me touching weed).....

My first try of it I vaped a full bowl in one session at 430.

Excellent post, thanks.

The weight actually works in our favor. It's a heat management plus, one we need all the more since it is so much smaller than typical. The oven will 'leak' heat all the faster, and we can't layer on insulation to try to slow that, the outside is going to get hot fast. That is there's going to be a lot of heat flowing into a small area. That means we need good heat conductors on the outside, counter intuitive as that is A plastic body would be lighter, and stay cooler 'up top', but the body would probably melt around the oven in longer sessions. The key is to conduct that heat somewhere else......you know, make it someone else's problem?

I agree, generally vapor from 430F is not the best tasting, no matter what went in. The good taste is all gone early on. But I think you should check out the 'smart' modes. I use number 3 (of 4), it starts at 390F and steps slowly up to 410. Four takes it another 20 degrees to 'top whack', 430. At any time you can push the button and jump to 430 as fast as possible to be sure it's really 'spent' at 410, hopefully before it gets too much 'burnt popcorn' flavor in the game.

As to the wife issue, you're thinking too small? You should get a few more vapes, and detail the cleaning and loading to them. You only touch vapes, not weed...... Or maybe your fan club? There are ways out of this trap.

Enjoy your Miqro, it's a very good one (perhaps even 'great', although it lacks wide applications). But also check out the features built into this little guy, well thought out IMO. And see which random word comes out at the end of the next session?

OF

VapeWell

I rarely use the tool it comes with because flipping it over to get to it takes oh-so-much effort ;)
I use my new vape pax loading tool to load and pack. I never stir, cause I am lazy.

You guys all inspired me to reach out to davinci, thanks! Just sent mine back - hope to get a speedy turnaround!
I’m covering your vape loading tool big time. A tool like that would simplify the loading of my MIQro and particularly my Boundless that has a crevasse around the bowl that attracts crumbs. I looked in _mazon and there are many weapons in the $4-$7 price range (scientific tools for handling “powders”) that would do the trick. In case others share my covetous feelings. VapeWell!

OF

In my experience most efficient means starting low and finishing high, slowly increasing temp as needed.

You might consider one of my favorite vapes then, and a tiny little guy it is. The DV Miqro (I think there's a larger model with the same features but don't have any experience there.

You put your herb in through a 'trap door' with an adjustable 'pearl', made of Zirconium no less, on the lid that allows down to half size loads while still keeping them snug. Among operating modes is 'Smart Path'. You could select path 2 which starts at 370F and automatically steps up to 390 through the session. Then vibrates to tell you it's timed out. Restarting and pushing the up key takes you to path 3 which starts at 390 and goes to 410. Repeating again gives you 410 to 430. You can, of course, also set any fixed temp you like.

My favorite, which I just used a bit ago, is path 3.

Very tiny and well made. Has a 900mAh 'half size cell that's easy to replace.

Weekend regards to all.

OF

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
You might consider one of my favorite vapes then, and a tiny little guy it is. The DV Miqro (I think there's a larger model with the same features but don't have any experience there.

You put your herb in through a 'trap door' with an adjustable 'pearl', made of Zirconium no less, on the lid that allows down to half size loads while still keeping them snug. Among operating modes is 'Smart Path'. You could select path 2 which starts at 370F and automatically steps up to 390 through the session. Then vibrates to tell you it's timed out. Restarting and pushing the up key takes you to path 3 which starts at 390 and goes to 410. Repeating again gives you 410 to 430. You can, of course, also set any fixed temp you like.

My favorite, which I just used a bit ago, is path 3.

Very tiny and well made. Has a 900mAh 'half size cell that's easy to replace.

Weekend regards to all.

OF

Old guys like us sometimes forget where they are, but not to worry, I got your back so now you're in the right place. I'm pretty sure you know how rude it is to go into a manufacturer's thread just to promote someone else's device. ;)

pakalolo,

OF

Old guys like us sometimes forget where they are, but not to worry, I got your back so now you're in the right place. I'm pretty sure you know how rude it is to go into a manufacturer's thread just to promote someone else's device. ;)

Thanks, but I actually did know what I was doing. And what thread I was in. What good would it do to go into such great detail in a thread already full of such details? I was, you'll note, specifically responding to the concept being discussed there, the idea of slowly advancing temperature.

I'm a long time fan of the vape being discussed (all 3 from that maker in fact) and don't consider the suggestion to consider a different vape that makes that adjustment automatically (many of us own and use more than one vape) inappropriate. And idea was apparently appreciated by the half dozen or so Members who 'liked' the post? So, no I don't consider it rude since that was not my goal. It would have done little good to have quoted the post from that thread here?

Recommendations for other vapes often appear in these threads.

Thank for the assistance none the less. But I'm neither senile nor think my post above contributes here.

OF

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Thanks, but I actually did know what I was doing. And what thread I was in. What good would it do to go into such great detail in a thread already full of such details? I was, you'll note, specifically responding to the concept being discussed there, the idea of slowly advancing temperature.

I'm a long time fan of the vape being discussed (all 3 from that maker in fact) and don't consider the suggestion to consider a different vape that makes that adjustment automatically (many of us own and use more than one vape) inappropriate. And idea was apparently appreciated by the half dozen or so Members who 'liked' the post? So, no I don't consider it rude since that was not my goal. It would have done little good to have quoted the post from that thread here?

Recommendations for other vapes often appear in these threads.

Thank for the assistance none the less. But I'm neither senile nor think my post above contributes here.

OF

Ah, so it's okay if it's off-topic.

The suggestion wasn't inappropriate, the place where you made it was. Despite your intent, it was rude and was reported as such. I gave you a friendly out, but you chose to make it an issue. Let me remind you that such comments about moderator decisions should be kept in PMs.

pakalolo,

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Not to change the subject :cool: ...

I just ordered this little leather coin pouch to carry my Miqro in my pocket. It'll be close but I think it should fit ...

Couldn't find a US distributor though so I'll be waiting for it to arrive from China ... targeted delivery ... December 26th ...

NYC_Frank,
Top Bottom