Davinci by Karma

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
lauging you need to take a huge step ok many steps backwards chill and then take a look at this in an orderly fashion to figure out if you are either imagining it or it is real. Remember it took a while the first time to figure out what was going on. Start on a fresh head with a clean vape and go a step at a time and see if there is an issue at all. Good luck. Also be aware of your temp and grind when you report what happens. What temp are you vaping at, exactly what is going on ect?

Funny I thought mine was burning too since I could swear I smelled burning smoke, but when I take out the AVB its clearly brown and crumbly like it should be... I guess I've only vaped really weak temps in the past since it was never enough to make it smell like that.

PS. I friggin love this thing!!

ECK

I just went to unplug my DV, after it having been plugged in for several hours, and noticed that the animated battery icon was replaced by a solid 4 bars. I guess it does indeed sense when the battery is full?

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
I just went to unplug my DV, after it having been plugged in for several hours, and noticed that the animated battery icon was replaced by a solid 4 bars . I guess it does indeed sense when the battery is full?
You are correct when the animated battery icon is replaced by 4 solid bars it is completely charged, and welcome to the forum. :tup:

1_gr8_underdog,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

C No Ego

tried the da vinci through a water bubbler yesterday and it was a real treat. now i'm spoiled, it is going to be hard to use it without it now :( it seemed to make the session last longer than usual.

C No Ego,

Critronton

tried the da vinci through a water bubbler yesterday and it was a real treat. now i'm spoiled, it is going to be hard to use it without it now :( it seemed to make the session last longer than usual.
This is true. The session lasts longer because you get less of the heat irritation and the taste is better because of the filtering.

I use my DV in traffic so it being concealable is important. I ended up attacing d a whip from an Extreme Q and it fits perfectly to the tip of the straw. My usage in traffic is hardly noticeable. Because I am getting hardly any heat, I can now use each bowl for two cycles of 10 mins. By the end of the second session I still get some decent pulls without any of the taste and heat. Awesome must i say.

Has anybody had any issues with the tip of the straw oozing residue? Since the straw has come apart, I have to fix it regularly and I noticed that resin is on the outside, always making my fingers sticky. Has anybody had this issue?

C No Ego

This is true. The session lasts longer because you get less of the heat irritation and the taste is better because of the filtering.

I use my DV in traffic so it being concealable is important. I ended up attacing d a whip from an Extreme Q and it fits perfectly to the tip of the straw. My usage in traffic is hardly noticeable. Because I am getting hardly any heat, I can now use each bowl for two cycles of 10 mins. By the end of the second session I still get some decent pulls without any of the taste and heat. Awesome must i say.

Has anybody had any issues with the tip of the straw oozing residue? Since the straw has come apart, I have to fix it regularly and I noticed that resin is on the outside, always making my fingers sticky. Has anybody had this issue?

that is interesting about the whip, how long would you say the whip is that you use.
you are probably getting air flow somehow into the grippy material surrounding the tube and residue is collecting on it. I'm thinking of getting the snorkel to work with the bubbler too.

C No Ego,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Just posted this in the Ascent thread, but if any of you guys are going to treating yourself (TYE) this weekend, be sure to come say "Hi"!

I'll be on the lake, but our top dog will be there with some fun samples to try out :)

Jarva

I am currently exprecing this
Regarding the charging issue, i noticed that sometimes while charging the battery animation stops, and blinks with a full charge icon and then resumes charging with the sequential animation. Maybe there is a bad connection between the charger and the davinci?

and it wont hold a charge i am scared so far i used it twice while plugged in.
i need some advice

Jarva,

Dreamerr

Use it not plugged in a bunch, recharge, use, recharge and after this your battery should be working better. I don't think you are giving the battery the workout it needs to be more reliable.

Dreamerr,

Jarva

Use it not plugged in a bunch, recharge, use, recharge and after this your battery should be working better. I don't think you are giving the battery the workout it needs to be more reliable.

not gonna help because it didnt turn on if its not plugged in.

Jarva,

Dreamerr

I assume you charged it for hours and hours? If this is the case something must be loose and I guess you need an exchange. Sucks when that stuff happens.

Jarva

I assume you charged it for hours and hours? If this is the case something must be loose and I guess you need an exchange. Sucks when that stuff happens.

yeah it fuckin sucks. i contacted Davinci via email and ask the guy who had this problem if he solved itt

Jarva,

Dreamerr

I am sure it will get straightened out but it is a pain in the ass. Keep us posted.

Dreamerr,

SwiftGeneration

Get Lifted.
In my experience, batteries under normal conditions like to be completely drained then completely recharged. It's tough to allow the da vinci to die since the battery life dictates speed of warm up, but I baby all my units in the hopes they'll last longer than me!

SwiftGeneration,

SwiftGeneration

Get Lifted.
If I am near an electrical socket and in a rush for medication, I plug my unit up while warming up which cuts the warm up time to 90 seconds versus 110-120.

120 seconds isn't bad, I've learned.

Things that take at about two minutes:

Grinding herb
Brushing your teeth
Feeding your dog
Warming up your munchies
Moving your clothes to the dryer
Check your mail
Calling in sick to work
Calling your buddies over
Calling Pizza-hut

ECK

I don't fill my cans all the way up, just leave enough at the top for the rubber piece to fit in. It does get sucked up and hit the top if you draw too fast yes. Drawing much steadily and slower I didn't have the problem. Also a tip from a previous user in this thread said to poke a cocktail stick through the center after you have filled and put the lid on. Apparently helps with airflow :)

I tried all the above. Now it makes enough clouds to fill the sky!

ECK,
Reactions: Krizzle

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
I hope you have more luck with yours than me dude. I have just got a refund for my third unit and decided against getting a fourth and picked up the Arizer Solo instead.
So the retailer stepped up and refunded you? That is great I like to hear when sellers do good things for there customers. Sorry that your experience was bad with the DaVinci. But you picked a good replacement. At least I'm hoping it does well for you Krizzle. :tup:

Krizzle

Hi Very high
So the retailer stepped up and refunded you? That is great I like to hear when sellers do good things for there customers. Sorry that your experience was bad with the DaVinci. But you picked a good replacement. At least I'm hoping it does well for you Krizzle. :tup:

Yeah I was all geared up to get a replacement from DV directly but my shop gave me a full refund as I had only had the unit a week. Hopefully my experience was just a rare freak occurrence. Or the Da Vinci unit just hates me :p

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Krizzle sorry your DV didn't work out for you . I really like this vape but i'm also on my third one , for now its working freken great . still i kind of get an anxious feeling when i pick it up and hit the power .
I've givin' two away and they are still working strong . Don't know if its just me or what .

RUDE BOY,
Reactions: Krizzle

C No Ego

well my trip into water filtration with the da vinci was short lived as I broke one of the glass attachments that helps to hook everything up so now I'm back to running with it dry which is how it is done away from home anyway but I plan to get a new hook up for the bubbler and get back to the water games....

I recently had a session with the da vinci set at 375 f and forgot to up the temp as the session went on and the buzz was more like I'm used to with the iolite so that was interesting but can get greater affects with the da vinci turned up higher throughout the session. that is certainly one of the best aspects of this vape

C No Ego,
anyon have any luck using hash oil in the dv? thinking about picking some up and was wondering what temps are good for oils? and if its even worth it in the DV.

how do you know when its gone? does the oil can even hold enough oil to produce enough vapor to feel it? lol any answers would help, i realize all you do is dab the oil on the cotton swab but how much do you fill? their isnt too much directions on this

mod note: Use the edit button to add to a post, as long as time allows. Back to back posting is discouraged here.

laugingsodreamy12,

OF

I think it's worth while. I put a small bit of the pad from the volcano pad in the bottom, otherwise po; pr wax will leak out. The can is fine for solid and bubble hashes as is. I've never used cotton. A load of between 50 and 100mg is probably a good target.

Yes, it's effective....provided that much THC is. Easily on par with a bowl of top shelf bud.

I found it took extra heat, 400 IIRC. Production tapers off when it's exhausted.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom