Davinci by Karma

Love my DV and it still wortks great but just wondering have anyone experienced now my battery indicator seems to be off and the temperature dramatically climbs and it even beeps red alot while using it (i know it does this if its reaching temp) but i starting to think even my temperature control doesnt work (havent scorched yet but kinda a little), this just started happening yesterday, it beeps red and always go down to 363 then back to 378 like hella fast? and if it has 1 bar it will say it has 3 bars i havent dropped it or anything and it still seems to be working fine but doi you think it could be the ion batteries are running out and or degrading? ay help would be great thanks guys.

laugingsodreamy12,

PierceLaw

I tried the oil can with some thick oil. I got some oil on a pin, pinched it off with a wisp of cotton, and put the cotton in the empty can. I inhaled lightly, got a steady draw, but it was mostly air. I then inhaled harder, heard a *thunk* noise (the lid of the oil can getting sucked up and hitting the upper screen), and got a VERY DIFFICULT draw that produced some clouds. I think the difficulty of the draw was because of too much oil; not only was there enough to produce thin clouds for 3 full cycles (at 200C), I ended up becoming ill from the effects afterward. I'll experiment further with lighter loads and less cotton, or perhaps try the pre-stuffed can, but the oil is REALLY sticky and difficult to drip.

I'm also new here and just doing some research on the DaVinci. I think you should try the tweak discussed by ac1020 and OF on Page 70 and 71 (starting here).

Basically, OF suggests purchasing a woven wire pad that's used in the Volcano (Solid Valve Liquid Pad or Easy Valve Liquid Pad), snipping off a piece and stuffing this into the bottom of the can. This prevents any liquids (or finer solid materials) from leaking out. The wire pad allows for better air flow and heat conduction than cotton.

Alternatively, in lieu of the wire pad, ac1020 stuffed a few of the extra screens that come with the DaVinci into the can.

Some have reported that for concentrates it's best to start off at a fairly high heat for a while (around 400 F or 200 C), after which you can lower it some.

PierceLaw,
Reactions: RUDE BOY
my DV is starting to combust i can tell in my throat it hurt. stopped hitting then a few drags later started pulling smoke clouds i think, the temperature is regulating hmmm and its all of sudden (since yesterday) acting erradict and temp fluctuate more dramatically and displaying wrong battery display (all started occuring yesterday). also it doesnt seem to be all around vaping the bud as good almost scorching it in areas and leaving trichomes on some, their isnt any like dead black but i swear it started to combust and i can definetly feel it in my throat im getting aches in it (not like i used too) so im guessing i should just call customer service because it never torched my stuff so i dont think its regulating how high its really going.

laugingsodreamy12,
my DV is starting to combust i can tell in my throat it hurt. stopped hitting then a few drags later started pulling smoke clouds i think, the temperature is regulating hmmm and its all of sudden (since yesterday) acting erradict and temp fluctuate more dramatically and displaying wrong battery display (all started occuring yesterday). also it doesnt seem to be all around vaping the bud as good almost scorching it in areas and leaving trichomes on some, their isnt any like dead black but i swear it started to combust and i can definetly feel it in my throat im getting aches in it (not like i used too) so im guessing i should just call customer service because it never torched my stuff so i dont think its regulating how high its really going.
I used mine for the first time last night, set at 373 I noticed it hit great the first time, but then on the next few hits it seemed to combust.. maybe it was just too hot for the flowers I had in it, they were moderately wet still... going to try 350 next.

combustionNegative,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place

If your AVB isn't black with some ash your not combusting , just gettin' big vapor hits . turn down the heat if its too much for you . remember the DV has a short vapor path it can irritate your throat .

I used mine for the first time last night, set at 373 I noticed it hit great the first time, but then on the next few hits it seemed to combust.. maybe it was just too hot for the flowers I had in it, they were moderately wet still... going to try 350 next.

Dry herb will vape much better , just let it air dry for an hour or two . I've noticed that damp herb will give you a good inhale of steam on the first hit or two and might feel like a big vape hit but its not very productive. [also its very hot on the throat and lungs]
you can't combust at 373F. play with your temperature settings it shouldn't take you long to find your sweet spot .

RUDE BOY,
If your AVB isn't black your not combusting , just gettin' big vapor hits . turn down the heat if its too much for you . remember the DV has a short vapor path it can irritate your throat .

Dry herb will vape much better , just let it air dry for an hour or two . I've noticed that damp herb will give you a good inhale of steam on the first hit or two and might feel like a big vape hit but its not very productive.
you can't combust at 373F. play with your temperature settings it shouldn't take you long to find your sweet spot .
Do you let it dry out after its been grounded up or before?

combustionNegative,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Either way will work fine , but it will grind up better [easier, finer] when dry . Good luck to you .

RUDE BOY,
Since ive started going through the dispensary my DV is having hard times with alot of this herb, none of it is black but i swear ever since a couple days ago MY DV batterie/temp gauge is spazzing i dont think its controlling how hot it really gets anymore and small fragments are black (cant rlly tell though) oh and ive let this bud sit out for 24+hours this bud will not vape at 350 hell it wont vape at 365 and its dry. ive tried other herb too? i appreciate all the help.

laugingsodreamy12,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
It does sound like you have a problem with your DaVinci , that sucks . Give a shout out to DV I'd PM the rep thats an fc member , contact them on their web page and call on the phone to make sure you get the Quickest response . IT would suck if it Was vapeproof herb . hope you get it straightened out soon .

RUDE BOY,
Reactions: Krizzle
Yea it started doing this not that long ago the battery indicator is going all flunky it still wortks but i have to taste and feel when it starts to cash and just stop so the temp gauge isnt either stopping/regulating/telling the right temp but besides that it still works i just remember i could crank it too 380 (if i wants to really finish it off or if i was desperate haha) and it still wouldnt torch it now if i dont watch it i think i could get it to actually combust and thats what happened last night. because i felt it last night it straight hurt my throat (i dont smoke anymore). and i just used it today and my throat is flawless, i am feeling sick though so all these could just be quincidential it doesnt seem to be burnt hella but more so than it used to be.

laugingsodreamy12,

max

Out to lunch
their isnt any like dead black but i swear it started to combust and i can definetly feel it in my throat
Even black ABV doesn't mean you've combusted, just close to it. If you get smoke you'll know it (or should), and there'll be some ashes in the bowl. What you're feeling (unless you do find real ash in the bowl, and not just charred ABV) is high temp vapor, not smoke. Combustion is about 460 F, and I don't think this model is designed to go that high.

Krizzle

Hi Very high
This sucks, just turned my DV on and the red light is flashing and temp is at 375f. Wont let me change the temp and the screen keeps flickering. Is this unit dead now as well? This is my third DV in less than 2 weeks. I regret buying one in the first place now :( 3 failed units in a couple of weeks is bad but I don't understand why?. The unit now wont charge, the + and - buttons do nothing but if I hold down the power button the light stops flashing and the temp counts down?? Do I need to contact DV directly for replacement or will it be possible to get a refund from the retailer I bought it from? Problem is I have been using it heavily will they still take it back?

Thanks in advance from a very unhappy DV customer :(

Krizzle,

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
This sucks, just turned my DV on and the red light is flashing and temp is at 375f. Wont let me change the temp and the screen keeps flickering. Is this unit dead now as well? This is my third DV in less than 2 weeks. I regret buying one in the first place now :( 3 failed units in a couple of weeks is bad but I don't understand why?. The unit now wont charge, the + and - buttons do nothing but if I hold down the power button the light stops flashing and the temp counts down?? Do I need to contact DV directly for replacement or will it be possible to get a refund from the retailer I bought it from? Problem is I have been using it heavily will they still take it back?

Thanks in advance from a very unhappy DV customer :(
Sorry your still having trouble. This time I would skip the retailer( I would not think you would be refunded on a used item, but I do not know your retailer) and deal directly with DaVinci. Just send them a pm, email or call to let them know your experiencing problems and they will take good care of you. :tup:

OF

Either way will work fine , but it will grind up better [easier, finer] when dry . Good luck to you .

I don't agree with this, dry is the way to go, wet is not good.

Not only does it not grind well, but the water robs the heat from the vaping process. No vaping can happen at 400F (give of take) if water is boiling off at 212F. All you do is 'steam' your bud. No useful vapor.

The water does add another new dimension to your vaping experience, huge increases in fouling. Those two tiny screens above the bowl will foul out very fast if there's moisture around to help stuff stick. Long experience with MFLB has taught us that dry herb basically doesn't foul the box. Ounces with no real issues; run a gram or two of poorly cured bud through and you'll wish you hadn't.

Dry your goods well before putting them in a small vape that's low on power. If it doubt, dry it some more. Error on the side of too dry if there is such a thing.

OF

Not only does it not grind well, but the water robs the heat from the vaping process. No vaping can happen at 400F (give of take) if water is boiling off at 212F. All you do is 'steam' your bud. No useful vapor.

The water does add another new dimension to your vaping experience, huge increases in fouling. Those two tiny screens above the bowl will foul out very fast if there's moisture around to help stuff stick. Long experience with MFLB has taught us that dry herb basically doesn't foul the box. Ounces with no real issues; run a gram or two of poorly cured bud through and you'll wish you hadn't.

Dry your goods well before putting them in a small vape that's low on power. If it doubt, dry it some more. Error on the side of too dry if there is such a thing.

OF
whats the perfect temp to vape dry herb?

combustionNegative,

OF

whats the perfect temp to vape dry herb?

Ask five guys to be sure of at least 3 answers. I generally go for 390 or so, although sometimes I dial it down to enjoy the first few tasty hits from nice strains. When medical needs are higher I often push it a little higher, into the low 400s to get to the CBDs and other useful stuff that otherwise ends up in ABV. There are times when I even vape only AVB from lower temperatures in my HA when times are bad. I purposely put up some 'not quite done yet AVB' for just this eventuality.

My advice is to start out in the 380 to 390 range and try it up and down from there to see what suits you best?

Good luck with it, the journey can be as useful as the goal you know.

OF

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place

OF

" either way is fine " was an answer to the Question about should the herb be dried ground or not .
I think dry is better was covered a post or two before .

RUDE BOY,

PierceLaw

To keep the buds dry, is it a good idea to store it in a jar with some dessicant, or is that a no-no?

Also, if you're collecting and storing the AVB for a few months, do you need to refrigerate/freeze it, or can you store it the same way as for unvaped buds (such as in a cool, dark drawer)?

Sorry for the OT newbie questions, but you guys seem to know what you're talking about. :)

PierceLaw,

OF

" either way is fine " was an answer to the Question about should the herb be dried ground or not .
I think dry is better was covered a post or two before .

Fine by me, but when you said "Either way will work fine , but it will grind up better [easier, finer] when dry " You fooled me into thinking the either way had to do with being dry or something not dry.....silly me.

Then again, if you can fool me so easilly, maybe you also fooled some other fool.....so my post might actually help?

To keep the buds dry, is it a good idea to store it in a jar with some dessicant, or is that a no-no?

Also, if you're collecting and storing the AVB for a few months, do you need to refrigerate/freeze it, or can you store it the same way as for unvaped buds (such as in a cool, dark drawer)?

Sorry for the OT newbie questions, but you guys seem to know what you're talking about. :)

Some guys use dessicants, some 'freeze dry' in using the refrigerator or freezer to condense the water on the cold glass then dump the bud and wipe the jar dry before returning it. For the most part I find leaving it open to the air for a while. Like wood or paper it tends to dry down to something like 10% IIRC and is stable after that. I store it in a closed jar in a light proof box. I grind a few grams at a time for use.

ABV I keep in a similar manner. Keeping it dark and away from lots of oxygen seems to do the job OK, there has been cannabis over a thousand years old found in Chinese graves, still potent. I have to wonder how that test was performed under field conditions.......

By all means ask questions, it beats guessing all hollow doesn't it?

Best wishes.

OF

G1nked

Ordered on May 2 Light speed delivery May 5 loved it every second but for one. Flex-straws were very fragile if not dry rotted to where when removing the straw for cleaning or travel was defective so one phone call to report this small defective batch of flex straws and customer service shipped out replacements immediately. top notch product & customer support. I look forward to a shirt when they come out with more. Soon to see about the accent

G1nked,
Reactions: RUDE BOY
Yea my DV is totally scorching my herb, it used to light brown it unless i yanked the temp up too 385+ and is combustion really at 460? because i think my unit might be getting that hot maybe even if it isnt supposed to go that high? well no that doesnt make sense i get that but it is blacking it to a extant and its not just "burnt popcorn" smell like it used to be (like a dark carmel colored material when it was done and spent) i swear its slightly more black but idk the unit has started acting weird so im starting to believe the two are connected. really sucks :( love my DV haha. it could just totally be my material though and its obviously not burning it compeltly like combusting but my concerns come from a heath standpoint (trying to avoid carcinogens and what not as much as possible from combusting). ive really gotten into vaping and i love it.

laugingsodreamy12,
Top Bottom