Davinci by Karma

Krizzle

Hi Very high
Anybody have problems with the digital screen? For some reason, the screen is lit up blue, but there are no numbers on the display.I can no longer change the temperature or heat up the vape. This is obvoiuslly frustrating. Figured I'd post here before I worry about sending my unit in. I really want to avoid sending DV back. DV has been working flawlessly for a few months, but now it is useless. Thanks in advanced!

I had the exact same problem with my first unit. There is no fix for it you need to get it replaced I'm afraid.

dabigbuddha

Thanks Krizzle. I emailed them last night and haven't heard back yet. I still have a Wispr to keep me busy, but I'm already missing DV. I hope someone from DV reads this or my email soon.

dabigbuddha,
Reactions: Krizzle

Krizzle

Hi Very high
They will dude I'm sure I had a reply back within a few days but remeber they are based in Vegas. They will sort you out though man just looking at previous posts in this thread and DV customer services always getting the love. I know what you mean about missing your DV. I still have my original iolite but it really does pale in compassion to the DV. Hope you get sorted soon, keep us updated.

Purple Haze

She who has purple hair
also, does anyone else have a unit that randomly (despite level of battery charge) have the flashing red life and turn off? Sometimes it happens to me multiple times in a session, and sometimes it doesn't happen all day. I've had it happen at all charge levels as well as when the unit is on the charger.

Like I'll set the temp, turn the temp power on and wait for it to heat up. It heats up just fine, but at random times during the session, the temp light blinks red, and shuts off the temp.

And, no, I'm positive it's not the auto shut down, it happens sometimes less than a minute apart and/or after the unit has been on way less than ten minutes.

Thanks guys!

Purple Haze,

C No Ego

also, does anyone else have a unit that randomly (despite level of battery charge) have the flashing red life and turn off? Sometimes it happens to me multiple times in a session, and sometimes it doesn't happen all day. I've had it happen at all charge levels as well as when the unit is on the charger.

Like I'll set the temp, turn the temp power on and wait for it to heat up. It heats up just fine, but at random times during the session, the temp light blinks red, and shuts off the temp.

And, no, I'm positive it's not the auto shut down, it happens sometimes less than a minute apart and/or after the unit has been on way less than ten minutes.

Thanks guys!

mine has done the blink and shut down once when plugged into the car charger but no other time thus far.

C No Ego,

Arfsdad

I had the exact same problem with my first unit. There is no fix for it you need to get it replaced I'm afraid.
The replacement that they sent me in January just failed, totally dead now, first symptom was screen but no numbers, red light flashed 3 times, now is totally dead, and the charger is functioning. I was going to purchase an Ascent but not until they can provide me a Da Vinci that is reliable. Cover your eyes peeps, I'm going to write the C word now.....no other vape so I have to combust tonight (thought I'd never say that again).

Arfsdad,

Krizzle

Hi Very high
The replacement that they sent me in January just failed, totally dead now, first symptom was screen but no numbers, red light flashed 3 times, now is totally dead, and the charger is functioning. I was going to purchase an Ascent but not until they can provide me a Da Vinci that is reliable. Cover your eyes peeps, I'm going to write the C word now.....no other vape so I have to combust tonight (thought I'd never say that again).

Sorry to hear your unit has died dude, I saw your posts in the Ascent thread about you taking it apart. Can you do it again to resolve the problem? Or is it not a dead battery? Anyway the batteries can be removed and tested? Pardon my ignorance I am just spit balling ideas really. I am guessing you have already contacted DV about your replacement? Can you use your current unit as a test bed and maybe post pics of the inner workings? I would love to see it. Apologies if they have already been posted I am only up to page 20 of this thread reading through it all :) Thanks again and sorry for the ramblings.

Krizzle,

Arfsdad

Sorry to hear your unit has died dude, I saw your posts in the Ascent thread about you taking it apart. Can you do it again to resolve the problem? Or is it not a dead battery? Anyway the batteries can be removed and tested? Pardon my ignorance I am just spit balling ideas really. I am guessing you have already contacted DV about your replacement? Can you use your current unit as a test bed and maybe post pics of the inner workings? I would love to see it. Apologies if they have already been posted I am only up to page 20 of this thread reading through it all :) Thanks again and sorry for the ramblings.
The item I took apart was a dead one owned by a friend, I would not disassemble mine while still under warranty. I have a concern about the reliability, I don't want to give up on this product but it appears an alarming amount of people have had similar problems, this is now number two for me in 5 months. Maybe FC has already, or can in the future, put together some sort of statistics showing the reliability of these products, similar to how Consumer Reports does it for automobiles, etc.. After blazing last night for the first time in 5 months the contrast was evident (throat sore this morning, nose running, etc.) so maybe I should purchase another portable vape, but not now from Da Vinci, Karma Classic, ORGANICIX, LLC , or whatever their name is this week . This episode is putting my Ascent purchase way, way down the priority list. If I can't get a Da Vinci, which I treat like it's made of egg shells and used maybe 15 minutes a day, to last at least a couple of years, then I'm not interested in any more of their products. So...what is the most reliable portable vape? I don't want MFLB. Solo? Not too keen on Pax.

Arfsdad,

ECK

Hey folks. Long-time reader (all 92 pages), first time poster. Picked up a DV from a Canadian reseller a couple of weeks ago, and I've hardly put it down since.

A few thoughts:

My unit will remember the preferred temperature unit (C/F) even when powered down. Serial number starts with 1A2, so I'm not sure when this feature was added. It's nice... although my preferred temp range in both scales has already been burned into my brain :ko:

It seems that when the unit's battery gets low, it aborts the heat cycle but keeps the LCD alive. Any attempt to restart the heater will fail until the unit is plugged in. I'm not sure if this is an effort to safeguard the battery against complete emptying.

The cleaning brush broke immediately (bristles came out), but a tiny dab of superglue fixed it. I push my brush all the way into the cavity, so only the bristles are exposed. There's a slight resistance halfway in, not sure if I'm supposed to stop there or bury it. Bristles seem to get bent down by the lid if I don't push it in fully.

I tried the oil can with some thick oil. I got some oil on a pin, pinched it off with a wisp of cotton, and put the cotton in the empty can. I inhaled lightly, got a steady draw, but it was mostly air. I then inhaled harder, heard a *thunk* noise (the lid of the oil can getting sucked up and hitting the upper screen), and got a VERY DIFFICULT draw that produced some clouds. I think the difficulty of the draw was because of too much oil; not only was there enough to produce thin clouds for 3 full cycles (at 200C), I ended up becoming ill from the effects afterward. I'll experiment further with lighter loads and less cotton, or perhaps try the pre-stuffed can, but the oil is REALLY sticky and difficult to drip.

The oil also gummed up the threads and screens, but alcohol works great to clean it.

The 10-minute shutoff is great, especially if you're puttering around.

The upper screen in the lid (the teeny tiny one up by the straw) is really delicate. Took mine out to clean it, and it fell apart. Jammed a spare in there after a few tries. If you're not using the upper chamber, I doubt this screen is purely necessary.

Other than that, everything else seems to be as advertised. My consumption levels have gone way down, my breath stinks less, and I hear ABV is great in muffins.

Krizzle

Hi Very high
Hey folks. Long-time reader (all 92 pages), first time poster. Picked up a DV from a Canadian reseller a couple of weeks ago, and I've hardly put it down since.

A few thoughts:

My unit will remember the preferred temperature unit (C/F) even when powered down. Serial number starts with 1A2, so I'm not sure when this feature was added. It's nice... although my preferred temp range in both scales has already been burned into my brain :ko:

It seems that when the unit's battery gets low, it aborts the heat cycle but keeps the LCD alive. Any attempt to restart the heater will fail until the unit is plugged in. I'm not sure if this is an effort to safeguard the battery against complete emptying.

The cleaning brush broke immediately (bristles came out), but a tiny dab of superglue fixed it. I push my brush all the way into the cavity, so only the bristles are exposed. There's a slight resistance halfway in, not sure if I'm supposed to stop there or bury it. Bristles seem to get bent down by the lid if I don't push it in fully.

I tried the oil can with some thick oil. I got some oil on a pin, pinched it off with a wisp of cotton, and put the cotton in the empty can. I inhaled lightly, got a steady draw, but it was mostly air. I then inhaled harder, heard a *thunk* noise (the lid of the oil can getting sucked up and hitting the upper screen), and got a VERY DIFFICULT draw that produced some clouds. I think the difficulty of the draw was because of too much oil; not only was there enough to produce thin clouds for 3 full cycles (at 200C), I ended up becoming ill from the effects afterward. I'll experiment further with lighter loads and less cotton, or perhaps try the pre-stuffed can, but the oil is REALLY sticky and difficult to drip.

The oil also gummed up the threads and screens, but alcohol works great to clean it.

The 10-minute shutoff is great, especially if you're puttering around.

The upper screen in the lid (the teeny tiny one up by the straw) is really delicate. Took mine out to clean it, and it fell apart. Jammed a spare in there after a few tries. If you're not using the upper chamber, I doubt this screen is purely necessary.

Other than that, everything else seems to be as advertised. My consumption levels have gone way down, my breath stinks less, and I hear ABV is great in muffins.

Hey man welcome aboard the discussion :) some good points I agree with here. I have removed my top screen also as it fell apart on the first cleaning attempt. The lower screen seems a lot more robust, even though same metal.
I am currently using the oil cans filled with herb, which granted isn't too everyone's tastes but works for me and still plenty of vapor. My unit also remembers the last set temp serial starts 1E2. If you haven't got it already I highly recommend the snorkel attachment, provides a cooler toke.

I wait until I have a half ounce of AVB saved up then mix it in with double choc muffin mix you buy in store :) amazing, delicious and gets me super high.

Krizzle,

ECK

I am currently using the oil cans filled with herb, which granted isn't too everyone's tastes but works for me and still plenty of vapor.

I haven't tried that yet! Does your oil can get sucked upwards when you inhale sharply? I'm thinking it's because my can was just too full.

I wait until I have a half ounce of AVB saved up then mix it in with double choc muffin mix you buy in store :) amazing, delicious and gets me super high.

I recently started baking, and I've got a freezer full of blueberries :tup:

ECK,
Reactions: Krizzle

Krizzle

Hi Very high
I haven't tried that yet! Does your oil can get sucked upwards when you inhale sharply? I'm thinking it's because my can was just too full.

I don't fill my cans all the way up, just leave enough at the top for the rubber piece to fit in. It does get sucked up and hit the top if you draw too fast yes. Drawing much steadily and slower I didn't have the problem. Also a tip from a previous user in this thread said to poke a cocktail stick through the center after you have filled and put the lid on. Apparently helps with airflow :)

Krizzle,

Krizzle

Hi Very high
I burned mine in like many others recommended. What color did you get combustion? In the UK they only have the green version so far. The newer model also has improved battery life and a better opening mechanism. Strangely enough thought on DV's website next to the listed improvements, it still shows a picture of the old version with the click button lid :p woops

I have just tried some kief in the oil can for the first time, i put some erbs on the bottom first then a few on top to sandwich the kief in. Worked a charm :D

Krizzle,
I burned mine in like many others recommended. What color did you get combustion? In the UK they only have the green version so far. The newer model also has improved battery life and a better opening mechanism. Strangely enough thought on DV's website next to the listed improvements, it still shows a picture of the old version with the click button lid :p woops

I have just tried some kief in the oil can for the first time, i put some erbs on the bottom first then a few on top to sandwich the kief in. Worked a charm :D

I got a black one, really like the stealthy black color... how well does this vape wax?

combustionNegative,
Top Bottom