Davinci by Karma

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
b1gazn sorry can't help you on the tubing size pretty sure its sillicone tubing . The mouth piece Flexi straw is a bit too fragile it seems to not like to flex or be unscrewed from the recessed new top , you have to be careful and hold it at the base of the straw not the covering or rubber end and as OF pointed out don't use it for a handle. I would like to see a more solid mouthpiece . I myself can see no reason for the short flexi straw, on the snorkle it makes sense but a rigid shortty would be better suited for my use anyway . I had one fall apart on me, fixed it but it still will always end up falling apart, I did have a second one thats on it now . I couldn't see fixing it as i used it every time being as easy as putting on a new one and prayin' it lasts a while.

Because no mouthpiece= no using the DaVinci

RUDE BOY,

Critronton

I've heard and tried the vape without the straw and it worked but its not a long term solution. I need a longer straw but I can't make myself buy the snorkel, mostly because I want a clear tube for stealth purposes and at least when it falls off it will be because its an aftermarket part.

I love this thing and truly believe that this is one of the best portable vaped out there but there could be some improvements done in regards of the straw, access to the bottom screen in the chamber, and accessing the chamber itself.

I use the hell out of this thing so wear and tear is beginning to show.

Critronton,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

C No Ego

just drilled a larger hole in one of the oil cans and put in a screen. will try a fine grind can later and check the results, should be a conductive experience. lovin the da vinci so far and the upper temps really finishes the load. does anyone know what material the chamber is made out of? just curious

OF

I'm wondering if a useful gadget might be a metal fitting that would screw into the DV and have a short hose barb on the other end. Maybe 3/4 inch long? A guy could put an inch or two of hose on the barb and have the same sort of stem as now (but much tougher and easy to repair) or he could put a longer piece of tube on it for a other uses. It could even come with say two feet of the right size tube?

does anyone know what material the chamber is made out of? just curious

I believe it's Aluminum.

OF

Critronton

just drilled a larger hole in one of the oil cans and put in a screen. will try a fine grind can later and check the results, should be a conductive experience. lovin the da vinci so far and the upper temps really finishes the load. does anyone know what material the chamber is made out of? just curious
That sounds like a great way to use grinds without the clogging. I might have to try that too.
Edit:

I just thought about this some more... I had issues with the white rubber stopper as it was the one getting clogged. The only way to eleviate the problem was to put flower between the holes.
Did you out a screen on top too?

I was also wondering if a tube can be attached to the straw if I have issues finding a tube small enough.

Critronton,

max

Out to lunch
b1gazn said:
My straw came apart from the Da Vinci and even if I try to fix it, the straw will eventually fall off again.
My DV came from the very 1st shipment to dealers when the vape was introduced and I'm still using the original flexi-straw. If you hold the vape by the staw, or unscrew it by holding the straw instead of the base, you are likely to damage it, but if handled correctly it'll last a long time. If you want to DIY then get the appropriate size in silicone tubing. Aquarium tubing might fit, although that won't be silicone and may not even be food grade.

I use the hell out of this thing so wear and tear is beginning to show.
It's been my 'go to' portable since it hit the market, but mine shows no wear and tear at all. It's really not a fragile vape if you're careful with it.

I had issues with the white rubber stopper as it was the one getting clogged.
I've never used the oil cans and don't see the benefit for herb. It greatly reduces the amount you can load, and should restrict air flow as well.

Critronton

I've never used the oil cans and don't see the benefit for herb. It greatly reduces the amount you can load, and should restrict air flow as well.
Only benefit is to have preloaded and ready on the go. Like I said I only used herb in the can because the grinds caused it to clogged so to fix that problem, I put herb on the bottom and top with the grinds in between. Kinda like a sandwich and the herb is the bread.

I might look into a vape store and see if they have hoses in the sizes that I need.

Critronton,

Krizzle

Hi Very high
does anyone know what material the chamber is made out of? just curious

From DV website

Premium Materials including a 304 stainless steel chamber

My DV came from the very 1st shipment to dealers when the vape was introduced and I'm still using the original flexi-straw. If you hold the vape by the staw, or unscrew it by holding the straw instead of the base, you are likely to damage it, but if handled correctly it'll last a long time. If you want to DIY then get the appropriate size in silicone tubing. Aquarium tubing might fit, although that won't be silicone and may not even be food grade.

It's been my 'go to' portable since it hit the market, but mine shows no wear and tear at all. It's really not a fragile vape if you're careful with it.

How do you find cleaning the screens and the chamber after having the unit so long? I also prefer to put herb in the oil cans just to save hassle cleaning it really. Ive been getting plenty of vapor with the cans, obviously not as much as filling up the chamber. Can I just throw by bud in the oven without grinding or will it not vape properly? Ive only used my DV twice now with the herb in the oven and each time it mess's up the top 2 screens. Does anyone remove that very top screen?

Mod note: When possible, please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located at the bottom of your posts. Posts merged.

GreenRoom

I removed the top screen. Really didn't need it.

If you put herb in the oil can, put the rubber top on and poke a toothpick through the whole thing to give it a hollow core. I found that with a fine grind in the oil can, putting the rubber cap on compresses the load to the point you can't draw through it. The imperfect seal between the screen holder and the oven fakes you out and makes it seem like you're getting a smooth draw. So suck on the can directly to see if you're getting airflow before you drop it in the oven.

I experimented with packing the oil cans and eventually gave up. But man, there's just something about popping a spent can out and tossing in a fresh one.

GreenRoom,
Reactions: Krizzle

Krizzle

Hi Very high
I removed the top screen. Really didn't need it.

If you put herb in the oil can, put the rubber top on and poke a toothpick through the whole thing to give it a hollow core. I found that with a fine grind in the oil can, putting the rubber cap on compresses the load to the point you can't draw through it. The imperfect seal between the screen holder and the oven fakes you out and makes it seem like you're getting a smooth draw. So suck on the can directly to see if you're getting airflow before you drop it in the oven.

I experimented with packing the oil cans and eventually gave up. But man, there's just something about popping a spent can out and tossing in a fresh one.

Yeah I know what you mean man, plus I am using up less medication this way. Ive been used to the tiny bowl on the iolite and this oven is huge! Thanks for the tip with the toothpick ill give that a shot right now actually.

Krizzle,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Will a bullet from a PN fit in the chamber of the DV ? just a thought maybe a Bad one but i wanted to ask anyway .

RUDE BOY,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
OMV yes but it won't close because of the top lip. I bet within a year we will have something like that.

Dreamerr,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Thanx dreamerr , it would make for a much faster more discrete way to load and unload when your out and about . I too think it would be a nice and very useful accessory .

RUDE BOY,

Dreamerr

With the DV, if the bullet fit if you take off the lip it would be really hard to get it out. It was not bad this way cause I could grab the lip. Again I am sure a new vape designer or maybe even karma will make something like that in the future cause that would be so kewl.

Donesmokin, it is the vaporblunt pinnacle vaporizer. Underdog to save the daaaaaaaaaaaay beat me to it cause he is gr8 lol.

Dreamerr

I don't know if it is updated but my best friend when I joined this site donesmokin was the acronym list. I still give it a read now and again to brush up. You can find the link at the top of the page. Here is the link and I just checked and it wasn't updated yet. http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Glossary

Purple Haze

She who has purple hair
Thanks everyone for the advice, I contacted the company and things have been sorted out.

I just need to say that these guys have me sold - awesome products, great company/customer communication and awesome customer service. But, most importantly, I'm totally loving my little vape. No more combustion for me.

C No Ego

That sounds like a great way to use grinds without the clogging. I might have to try that too.
Edit:

I just thought about this some more... I had issues with the white rubber stopper as it was the one getting clogged. The only way to eleviate the problem was to put flower between the holes.
Did you out a screen on top too?

I was also wondering if a tube can be attached to the straw if I have issues finding a tube small enough.

just the screen in the bottom is all I added to the can along with a 1/8" hole drilled to open up air flow some more. have not tried it yet but hoping the screen on the top where it snaps down over the chamber will keep the fine particles from pulling up out of can and up through the mouthpiece, draw rate/speed will help to keep particles out too. if used in the can it seems that the rubber stopper will possibly melt in the heated oven or am I missing something?

C No Ego,

Critronton

The rubber stopper won't burn or melt but it does get clogged easily. I was wondering if anybody was able to replace the rubber stopper with a screen or something else to improve the airflow?

Critronton,

C No Ego

had a session with 8 people using the da vinci and everybody loved it! I was concerned at first but everyone figured it out after explanation. they all thought it was a radio until I explained what it was :) . the one problem in a group setting was the temp up button was randomly clicked constantly maxing the temp out so when it made it back around to me I re set the temp down some but otherwise it was a hit, pun intended. I'm starting to get the infamous wand hash build up in the flex wand, is this wand off limits to ISO cleaning?

C No Ego,
Reactions: Krizzle

dabigbuddha

Anybody have problems with the digital screen? For some reason, the screen is lit up blue, but there are no numbers on the display.I can no longer change the temperature or heat up the vape. This is obvoiuslly frustrating. Figured I'd post here before I worry about sending my unit in. I really want to avoid sending DV back. DV has been working flawlessly for a few months, but now it is useless. Thanks in advanced!

dabigbuddha,
Top Bottom