Davinci by Karma

C No Ego

This unit feels really solidly built and tough :). I've had two sessions so far with the da vinci and the second one was quite the pleasure, first session got rid of manufacturing flavor and second allowed more herbal flavor to come through. second session I allowed it to heat a few minutes and loaded it up and had some steady pulls on 376 degrees. the air flow is really unrestricted so getting the correct air pull pressure helps with this vape. thanks to the iolite I know how to adjust the pulls to get best results and the da vinci has way less drag on it than the iolite.
It is awesome to be able to up the temp at the end of the session to get the most out of the herb before the session ends.
I have a tendency to grind fine so am concerned about little fine particles getting down into the unit below the bowl- is this an issue and where does the particles go if they fall in there,are they forever lost leading to eventual clogging? Also, thanks for the link the the bubble 1 great underdog, where do we get the snorkel tube at. Thanks

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Received my third Da Vinci replacement this morning. Had a quick check and looks like its working fine :) happy days. Question for the experts here and apologies it its already been asked. What is the best temp to set it for the illegal in some places but legal in a few others herb that I'm not sure if I can talk about on the forum? Bob Marley was partial to this wonderful herb :) thanks in advance. In work right now so won't be able to use my DV till this evening.

OMG are you talking about " marijuana " " pot " " Herb" "Ganga" .................... with my DV I like to vape our favorite herb starting around 355F and bump it up to around 390F , hope that helps a little .

ENJOY VAPIN' YOUR MARIJUANA IN YOUR DaVinci VAPE !

Krizzle

Hi Very high
Haha
OMG are you talking about " marijuana " " pot " " Herb" "Ganga" .................... with my DV I like to vape our favorite herb starting around 355F and bump it up to around 390F , hope that helps a little .

ENJOY VAPIN' YOUR MARIJUANA IN YOUR DaVinci VAPE !

Hahaha yeah I wasn't sure on what could be said. But yeah marijuana, da weed the shiznet :) will report back once I've vaped this evening.

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
That looks like a pretty taste combo!
Thank you, It works well, not like some of the killer setups I've seen here :drool: But it does the trick
I have a tendency to grind fine so am concerned about little fine particles getting down into the unit below the bowl- is this an issue and where does the particles go if they fall in there,are they forever lost leading to eventual clogging? Also, thanks for the link the the bubble 1 great underdog, where do we get the snorkel tube at. Thanks

I'm Happy to hear that you are enjoying you new DaVinci.

I got my snorkel here. :tup:

I would recommend using the cans for fine grinds and kief. Over grinding can clog the upper and lower screens very quickly. That in turn can hinder vapor production, and add draw resistance. Filling the can keeps it neat and clean.

If putting directly into the oven, I like to use a course medium to no grind.
I found with no grind it did a great job with extraction and color of ABV.

Edit; When using no grind: The herb needs to be really fluffy stuff on its own, not densely packed or compacted bud or it won't vaporize properly

Krizzle

Hi Very high
O....K so I tested my DV and wasn't sure how much erb to use so filled the chamber but just throwing it in not packing. I used my snorkel and wow wee I am fooking lifted! I stuck it at 190c and burned through it in I am guessing 7mins? Didn't count the draws but plenty of vapor, love it. A weed taste not rubber like I was worried about :) the unit isn't too hot at all to handle. I did notice the battery indicator fluctuating from only 2 bars too full. Is this normal? Peace and pot and Vape on :)

1_gr8_underdog

O....K so I tested my DV and wasn't sure how much erb to use so filled the chamber but just throwing it in not packing. I used my snorkel and wow wee I am fooking lifted! I stuck it at 190c and burned through it in I am guessing 7mins? Didn't count the draws but plenty of vapor, love it. A weed taste not rubber like I was worried about :) the unit isn't too hot at all to handle. I did notice the battery indicator fluctuating from only 2 bars too full. Is this normal? Peace and pot and Vape on :)
The battery bouncing from 4 to 2-3 bars while heating is normal. The heating causes a lot of strain on the batteries, but you will notice once it reaches optimal set temp, it will go back up.
The fun is just beginning for you. One suggestion. Try experimenting with lower temps to get even more flavor. I start usually around 175~180C then go up from there. Enjoy! :tup:

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Another question please, which way do the oil cans go in? :)

you want the can with the part where the white cap goes in pointing up.
I used my davinci with a dab or 2 's worth of Essential oil in an organic piece of cotton rolled in a small snake or ball as to not restrict to much air flow, with great succes!!!!

Purple Haze

She who has purple hair
Talk about disappointing - I've owned my DaVinci for less than a week and the flexible straw mouthpiece broke! :( I really love this vape, too.

Purple Haze,

C No Ego

Thank you, It works well, not like some of the killer setups I've seen here :drool: But it does the trick

I'm Happy to hear that you are enjoying you new DaVinci.

I got my snorkel here. :tup:

I would recommend using the cans for fine grinds and kief. Over grinding can clog the upper and lower screens very quickly. That in turn can hinder vapor production, and add draw resistance. Filling the can keeps it neat and clean.

If putting directly into the oven, I like to use a course medium to no grind.
I found with no grind it did a great job with extraction and color of ABV.

Edit; When using no grind: The herb needs to be really fluffy stuff on its own, not densely packed or compacted bud or it won't vaporize properly

Thanks for the positive feed back, really enjoyed this vape with multi sessions/people today and it worked well and was complimented as sturdy feeling with quite the feel good effects :) .I'll check the cans out and put a screen down into one and drill the hole larger in the bottom of can to experiment.

C No Ego,

1_gr8_underdog

Talk about disappointing - I've owned my DaVinci for less than a week and the flexible straw mouthpiece broke! :( I really love this vape, too.
Sorry that happened,
You could send DaVinci a pm through here, contact them through there website, or call using the 800 number listed. Or you could try this:
Make note of the rubber ring on the mesh, then re-affix the tube onto the metal part, then slide the tube into the mesh. This is the tricky part, twist the mesh and reinsert into the ring. Then slide the rubber ring back down into place. Hope this helps. :tup:
YChPlUr.jpg
pZ9iPUt.jpg
2jce1fs.jpg

Also GreenRoom suggested this D.I.Y. fix in a earlier post.

Purple Haze

She who has purple hair
Sorry that happened,
You could send DaVinci a pm through here, contact them through there website, or call using the 800 number listed. Or you could try this:
Make note of the rubber ring on the mesh, then re-affix the tube onto the metal part, then slide the tube into the mesh. This is the tricky part, twist the mesh and reinsert into the ring. Then slide the rubber ring back down into place. Hope this helps. :tup:
YChPlUr.jpg
pZ9iPUt.jpg
2jce1fs.jpg

Also GreenRoom suggested this D.I.Y. fix in a earlier post.

I tried the above method of repair, but no luck. I was able to attach just the little clear rubber part though, which is better than nothing. I'll shoot the company a PM

OF

Bummer. I assume you too used it as a handle? That seems the way guys end up this way. It's not as strong as it looks, I wonder if some extra warning is in order?

Glad to hear you're running, hopefully a complete fix will happen soon.

Good luck.

OF

Donesmokin

When I turned on my DaVinci this morning, the red light blinked about four times, then, nothing! What happened to it? Do I have to send this back to the manufacturer? HELP!!

Donesmokin,

1_gr8_underdog

When I turned on my DaVinci this morning, the red light blinked about four times, then, nothing! What happened to it? Do I have to send this back to the manufacturer? HELP!!
Try turning the main power switch off and then on again and wait a full second or two before engaging the heater button. Let me know if this helps. :tup:

1_gr8_underdog

Thanks, underdog, but that didn't work.
Is it fully charged? Does this problem continue if it is plugged in? Have you tried a different outlet? If it continues to blink while it is plugged in and shows that it has a full charge you will need to contact either the retailer where purchased (they may provide a replacement.) Contact DaVinci customer support through here or contact them through there website. Hope this helps. :tup:

1_gr8_underdog,
Reactions: OF

Krizzle

Hi Very high
you want the can with the part where the white cap goes in pointing up.
I used my davinci with a dab or 2 's worth of Essential oil in an organic piece of cotton rolled in a small snake or ball as to not restrict to much air flow, with great succes!!!!

About to give some grinds ago in the oil can, just to see whats up really. Are these little guys OK to fill with hash and kief? Or is that a no no with the DV? Thanks in advance.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
About to give some grinds ago in the oil can, just to see whats up really. Are these little guys OK to fill with hash and kief? Or is that a no no with the DV? Thanks in advance.
If you are putting the kief in the can it is fine but make sure you have it really loose.

hahah dreamer beat me too it, thats exactly what i would do (as dreamer said), some people have even said they do fine grind on there flowers and put that in the oil can too!!!!!

Krizzle

Hi Very high
Thanks :) I am surprised how well it works with the oil cans. Considering its not even .1 gram per oil can its still getting me medicated nicely. I love how I can fill the other can and keep it in the storage area. I am finding I need to go around 195-200c with the oil cans. Also the unit does whistle whilst inhaling through either straw but I found that I am probably drawing way too fast? So slowed it down and the unit is silent and I still get all the effects :tup:

Sorry for the double post only just found the edit button :p

My DV temp LED was flashing a mess of numbers making it unreadable, I turned the unit off and waited for it too cool down all is well, whew I fooking shit then!

I understand the DV has a auto off function after 10mins, does this also work even if its charging and on? Thanks again fellow vapers :)

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
If the charging is on and you are not using it there is no auto. If you are using it then yes it will still auto off. It took me three times reading the sentence to understand it. I think I should medicate cause the brain is not working.

Back one or two or a few pages OF explained the heat issues with the DV which I had no idea about. Look for his post. I don't want to even try to explain it.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Krizzle

Critronton

Signed up just to say that I love this vape. I actually got 2 other friends to buy them as they also loved them too.

I have a question about the flex straw. My straw came apart from the Da Vinci and even if I try to fix it, the straw will eventually fall off again. Well I need to fix this problem because I've already lost my straw once and I couldn't use the machine until I found the straw.

Does anybody know what type of tubing that is used and where I can get it to replace my straw that I expect to lose?

If I can get this straw situation fixed it would be awesome. I don't want to buy a replacement straw so a quick and cheaper alternative option would be nice.

Again thanks to Karma for Da Vinci. This thing has become my main toy when I'm consistently stuck in traffic.

Critronton,
Top Bottom