Davinci by Karma

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Krizzle , I've had 2 Davinci's do the same thing one older unit and one 2013 DV others on this thread have reported the same problem [blue backlight still on but having no display or power ] .
As far as I know there is no reset for the problem . But Davinci is great about replacing a defective unit
and you will be happy with it when you get a working vape .
Good luck hope you get your new DV soon.

RUDE BOY,
Reactions: Dreamerr

Krizzle

Hi Very high
Krizzle , I've had 2 Davinci's do the same thing one older unit and one 2013 DV others on this thread have reported the same problem [blue backlight still on but having no display or power ] .
As far as I know there is no reset for the problem . But Davinci is great about replacing a defective unit
and you will be happy with it when you get a working vape .
Good luck hope you get your new DV soon.

Thanks for the replies guys. Due to mess up the vendor I bought it from is sending me a free snorkel mouthpiece as I had to pay over £8 to return it to them. Good of them really as I wouldnt expect it, just hope this next unit works :) for now I have to stick with my MFLB :\

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
Thanks for the replies guys. Due to mess up the vendor I bought it from is sending me a free snorkel mouthpiece as I had to pay over £8 to return it to them. Good of them really as I wouldnt expect it, just hope this next unit works :) for now I have to stick with my MFLB :\
Sorry to hear the first one was troubled. Glad your local vendor is stepping up and taking care of it. I know if your replacement functions properly, you will experience what a great portable this is. Update us on how everything works out for you.
Welcome to the fun :tup:

1_gr8_underdog,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Krizzle

Hi Very high
Sorry to hear the first one was troubled. Glad your local vendor is stepping up and taking care of it. I know if your replacement functions properly, you will experience what a great portable this is. Update us on how everything works out for you.
Welcome to the fun :tup:

I've had an original iolite for nearly a year but it just wasn't filling my vape needs so I got the MFLB which now that I've got the hang of it rips great but still I feel like its just a battery powered pipe. It smells and has lots of moving parts. So sad I had to send my unit back although I'm confident my new one will be worth the wait. The retailer confirmed he'll check/charge the unit. Just to confirm with the experts all I do is plug him in and turn on the main power switch not the temp gauge right? Sorry for the waffle :p thanks in advance.

Krizzle,

1_gr8_underdog

Just to confirm with the experts all I do is plug him in and turn on the main power switch not the temp gauge right? Sorry for the waffle :p thanks in advance.
WTWohkm.jpg

Yes when you get your unit plug the charger into # 10 and switch #11 to the on position to charge.
When fully charged it is ready to use. with #11 in the on position select your temp using buttons # 3 & 4 then engage the heating element/oven with button #5.
You can use it while charging, but I recommend a full charge before the first use. :tup:

Krizzle

Hi Very high
WTWohkm.jpg

Yes when you get your unit plug the charger into # 10 and switch #11 to the on position to charge.
When fully charged it is ready to use. with #11 in the on position select your temp using buttons # 3 & 4 then engage the heating element/oven with button #5.
You can use it while charging, but I recommend a full charge before the first use. :tup:

Thanks thought I was doing it right just wanted to make sure I hadn't done something to brick the unit! Thanks again :)

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Ok people, I posted on the other thread but need to ask one part here. I got the calm and energy stuff and wrote my thoughts on that. I, believe it or not, finally removed the bottom screen. Oh my goodness was it dirty down there. I didn't want to use the oil can herbs with a dirty vape so I had no choice. My question is which way does the screen go back. It was domed and I put it back dome up but after thinking...ouch...I thought I saw that the place I was cleaning was indented. As you know it is almost impossible to see down there. So all in all I think I put the screen back upside down not that I think it will matter but the right way would be better. So which way does it go dome up or down? I think I can get the screen out again but it was a bitch and a half. I got it released ok but then couldn't get it out of the chamber.

GanjaDude

Ok people, I posted on the other thread but need to ask one part here. I got the calm and energy stuff and wrote my thoughts on that. I, believe it or not, finally removed the bottom screen. Oh my goodness was it dirty down there. I didn't want to use the oil can herbs with a dirty vape so I had no choice. My question is which way does the screen go back. It was domed and I put it back dome up but after thinking...ouch...I thought I saw that the place I was cleaning was indented. As you know it is almost impossible to see down there. So all in all I think I put the screen back upside down not that I think it will matter but the right way would be better. So which way does it go dome up or down? I think I can get the screen out again but it was a bitch and a half. I got it released ok but then couldn't get it out of the chamber.
My bottom screen goes back in flat either way doesnt matter but im using the DV2

1_gr8_underdog

I think it gets the dome shape from packing and cleaning it. Which would lead me think the dome went down. I base that conclusion on that all my replacement screens have always been flat. :tup:

1_gr8_underdog,

Dreamerr

So the bottom must be concaved then. Thanks guys. I may or may not flip it. It depends on how bored I am.

Dreamerr,

Adobewan

...But Davinci is great about replacing a defective unit and you will be happy with it when you get a working vape.
@Krizzle
Just to second Rude Boy's comment, I had an small issue with the Da Vinci I won in the Ascent GonG contest and all I did was email Shauntel and she set to mail out a replacement and a return shipping label straight away.
Imagine your XBox or your Blu-Ray player going out. Roughly the same unit price but would Microsoft ever send out a free replacement before getting your unit back? Granted Microsoft doesn't need the business like a vaporizer company, but the contrast is stark.
I let Shauntel know on Sunday, I received my replacement today.
Keep in mind, I didn't purchase a unit, I won one, but I've been treated like royalty since the contest.
Don't know what else to say but they are providing AAA+++ customer service!
I've had an original iolite for nearly a year...
I loved my Iolite and feel the DaVinci is what the Iolite wanted to be. The form factor and pocket-ability are quite similar but the Da Vinci's SOLID contruction, velvety rubber finish, battery, oil cans, and storage area make it like the Iolite from the future.

OF

So the bottom must be concaved then. Thanks guys. I may or may not flip it. It depends on how bored I am.

My general practice on such things is to put it in dome up, push it down carefully and evenly until the rim is square all around the edges, then flatten the dome in the center.

Since you basically want it flat in the end this ensures that (the edges don't end up high on one side) and makes sure it's as flat on the bottom as possible.

In things like the Solo stem, were the grid blocks most of the screen, I use a slightly oversize screen to start with so when the center is pushed down fairly flat it doesn't quite sit on the bottom, allowing vapor to move between the screen and the support.

OF

OF,

Dreamerr

Gee OF, but it seems like the bottom made it dome or underdome lol. I think if I pack tight it will just do it again. It looks like the bottom of the chamber is concaved so that forced the dome. Am I seeing wrong? It is so hard to see down there. I will push it flat as you said but now I need to know lol. You should just be proud that I got that darn thing out and finally cleaned down there. I can't believe the difference in airflow not that I had an issue but it is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: OF

GanjaDude

Gee OF, but it seems like the bottom made it dome or underdome lol. I think if I pack tight it will just do it again. It looks like the bottom of the chamber is concaved so that forced the dome. Am I seeing wrong? It is so hard to see down there. I will push it flat as you said but now I need to know lol. You should just be proud that I got that darn thing out and finally cleaned down there. I can't believe the difference in airflow not that I had an issue but it is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better.

Yeah dude the first time i cleaned it the difference was amazing.

GanjaDude,
Reactions: j man

OF

Keenan and Kel said it best

You're welcome to your opinion. As are they I guess. Mine is based on the lessons of the Women's Movement and the Golden Rule.

While I'm OK with the default masculine use in our language, calling a woman a man can be a problem if the woman objects. I think simple courtesy calls for 'offense being in the eye of the beholder'?

I advise against referring to women you don't know personally as 'Dude'. No big deal, a 'BTW kinda thing'; but I don't accept your 'right' to label folks willy nilly......

Not that my opinion of what you do or don't do has any real weight on your end of course. Your call.

OF

GanjaDude

You're welcome to your opinion. As are they I guess. Mine is based on the lessons of the Women's Movement and the Golden Rule.

While I'm OK with the default masculine use in our language, calling a woman a man can be a problem if the woman objects. I think simple courtesy calls for 'offense being in the eye of the beholder'?

I advise against referring to women you don't know personally as 'Dude'. No big deal, a 'BTW kinda thing'; but I don't accept your 'right' to label folks willy nilly......

Not that my opinion of what you do or don't do has any real weight on your end of course. Your call.

OF

I was only trying to be funny guess i failed :) I had no idea that dreamer was a F so I will address her accordingly :)

OF

I was only trying to be funny guess i failed :) I had no idea that dreamer was a F so I will address her accordingly :)

Cool. No big deal, but she definitely is. IMO very much so. She and I have had several PM discussions, neat Lady at many levels if you asked me....even if you didn't I guess.

Good folk. FWIW I don't think she uses that avatar because she's a Stones fan.....

On a rare serious note, I advise more research on the effects of clean DVs.....science can't be denied you know. Each of us has to do our little part for the collective good. Suck it up, dude, load and go!

OF

OF,

Krizzle

Hi Very high
So I received my replacement Da Vinci today. This one does not power up at all, blank screen nothing happens when I switch the on switch on the side. Even plugged into charge nothing happens :( I think I am cursed when it comes to this unit as the shop I got it from said they tested it prior to sending it out. They didn't charge it however they just turned it on. I know the Da Vinci your supposed to be able to use whilst charging, the instructions say a 3hr charge period so Im leaving it on charge and hoping for the best but I should get something on screen though shouldn't I? To say I am gutted is an understatement right now :( any help appreciated once again. Is it the unit or the charger? Any advice from Da Vinci themselves would be great as I am reluctant now to get try a third unit. Thank you.

Krizzle,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Anyone see this before?
Never saw that one before. I like it better then the DaVinci Dancer video.

Krizzle sorry to here about your vape problems that really Sucks Bigtime . I wish I knew of a fix for ya but it sounds like you'll have to send it in for replacement from the people at DaVinci , I hear you when you say your reluctant to try another unit , I felt the same way . I'm using my third DV also . I've gifted two and they still work great but when I got one to use myself it lasted a week ,the first replacement six weeks, the replacement DaVinci sent out for that one is still going strong after a month and is all around
a better unit then my first two [longer run time , shorter charge time and a darker display] . I hope to never see a blank display whenever I turn it on , but in the back of my mind I have a fear it will be.
I wish you luck . Dealling with Davinci will be your best bet in order to get that perfect unit IMHO .

Peace .

RUDE BOY,

Krizzle

Hi Very high
Never saw that one before. I like it better then the DaVinci Dancer video.

Krizzle sorry to here about your vape problems that really Sucks Bigtime . I wish I knew of a fix for ya but it sounds like you'll have to send it in for replacement from the people at DaVinci , I hear you when you say your reluctant to try another unit , I felt the same way . I'm using my third DV also . I've gifted two and they still work great but when I got one to use myself it lasted a week ,the first replacement six weeks, the replacement DaVinci sent out for that one is still going strong after a month and is all around
a better unit then my first two [longer run time , shorter charge time and a darker display] . I hope to never see a blank display whenever I turn it on , but in the back of my mind I have a fear it will be.
I wish you luck . Dealling with Davinci will be your best bet in order to get that perfect unit IMHO .

Peace .

I have just sent Da Vinci a PM. Hopefully they'll get back to me and we can sort something out. The online shop I got it from in UK are picking up more stock this week so not sure when ill get a replacement. Could it be a problem with the Green unit? Has anyone else got a green one with no issues? I have asked for this replacement too be tested, checked and charged this time. This one the guy just said he turned it on and the display worked? Could it of been damaged in the post maybe? My fingers are crossed ill be third time lucky. I have it still sat plugged in switch flicked up and blank screen with another hour too go before the 3hr charge time hoping for a miracle to jolt it back up! Yeah right :p

Krizzle,
Top Bottom