Davinci by Karma

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I never got the cans to work, but didn't try too hard tbh. The hits are comparable to the Solo, but not as tasty IMO. Not quite as dense, but close.

:peace:

Vapodudule

As i though and with a can, you can make a better seal by not closing the can completely the white rubber part is now pushed by the upper part of the unit. the magnet make the assembly very stable.

Other tip for DV : i replaced all the original screens by some ultrafine screen (2 screens on the mouth piece and seal and one at the bottom of the bowl). In order to prevent particules to be inhales or spread in the electronic parts of the unit. The consequence is to restrict airflow but, this is the choice.

Yesterday i cleaned those screens that were well junked, the airflow is now fully enjoyable.

DV has became my standard stealth unit. I am sad to stop picking up mflb...sooner i will boxy!

One more point: in the package it seems there were some car adaptator but the voltage of the unit is 13.6 V AND the plug for unit of the car adaptator is not fitting, somebody has this issue from 2013 DV @piu?

Vapodudule,

Swamitucats

Whts up guys. . .and vapodudule (I too have recently conquered nicotine - looked that shedevil right in the eye and told her where to stick it). And the Da VInci has been helping me keep the dream alive.

Needed a portable vape for Hash. Or I wld not have been able to rid myself of tobacco.

Pages and pages of research later - I settled on the Da Vinci. And walked all the way from Madison Square Garden down to Smoking Culture on 4th Street in NYC to get one (got ripped off - but thats another story)!!!

A whole week later and I was struggling to get a decent session with my new portable vape and freaking out as you can well imagine. Seething with negative reviews I would be posting on fuckcombustion. To be sure.

Oil can in - Oil can out - No Cotton - Less Cotton - No Oil Can - Hash in the Chamber Directly (wow - I'm still not sure how I managed to clean it after that) - Oil Can Cap Off - Oil Can Cap On - and then finally it Happened. Sweet Sweet Resinous Vapor.

Oil Can - No Cotton - Yes to Cap. Full On Temp.

The DaVinci is a Beast !!! Glory Be.

Now Im just trying to work on a proper method. Should I crumble, or use slightly bigger pieces? Something is causing the back of the oil can to get blocked. The way the stuff melts when I vape. The can's get hot, so it's a bit tricky to poke it free. I'm circulating two. Pre-packed lunch is in an oil can in the secret chamber.

Gimmie Back My Bullets !!!

Vapodudule

For car adaptator it is my VAS. nothing like that.

After 2 weeks of frequent use, DV2 is still on top device in this category.

plugged it to glass with the can+hash. marvelous thickness. bad side: rocket tolerance!

Vapodudule,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
The screens as long as they aren't clogged shouldn't be effecting your vapor production. I have never even taken my straw ones out and just took the bottom one out about a month ago. If you really want to know when look back on this thread. That means I had reduced air flow and didn't even realize how much till I cleaned it. With that said I still had no issues with vapor just had to draw harder but since it happened over time I didn't even notice till I cleaned it. I would say after you try it again now that if you can't get vapor show us a vid if you want or send it in cause it doesn't sound right.
Since my ascent f***ing working out of nowhere, I have had a chance to clean/change screens on the dv and use it exclusively for a week and I'm proud to say I am now a believer...I'm really impressed and am now getting good clouds as well as getting medicated, I might even retry some hash/bho in it...thanks again!

Cetyn

Hello,
Just finished reading the whole thread, it's taken a while! Thank you all very much for the amazing and useful information that is on this site. I am in the UK and want to know what would happen if I had to return a faulty DV. Would the reseller have to accept it or would I have to send it to Karma? This would be difficult (customs etc) and costly (international postage).

What's the serial number of the latest model? Are these generally available in the UK/EU? Can anyone from the UK recommend a /trustworthy reseller (Am I allowed to ask this question here? - sorry mods if I've broken the rules) as the shop I bought my Solo from doesn't stock the DV.

Does Karma have an official reseller in the UK/EU?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Cetyn,
Reactions: OF

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
There are retailers in the UK. You might be able to find it on karma's website if you didn't find it throughout this thread. If the retailer is authorized they should take care of your issues. I would email karma and ask them the question as you will get the correct information that way.

Welcome to the forum.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Cetyn

Cetyn

There are retailers in the UK. You might be able to find it on karma's website if you didn't find it throughout this thread. If the retailer is authorized they should take care of your issues. I would email karma and ask them the question as you will get the correct information that way.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks Dreamerr, you always dispense such good advice (and quickly too).

I have looked on Karma website and have not found anything regarding UK resellers, authorised or otherwise. I have started a conversation with Davinci_vaporizer here, so hopefully I'll get an answer soon. Maybe I will just email the general Karma contact address since Davinci_vaporizer hasn't been as active here recently; probably busy with the Ascent.
Krizzle seemed to have been treated well by his retailer, having sent his DV back a few times and got a refund in the end. Perhaps I will PM him.

Thanks again for the advice, I'll report back on how I get on.

Cetyn,
Reactions: Dreamerr

kablam

I bought this a week ago and I'm so disappointed. Sitting here with insomnia at 4:58am after shelling out $299 and cursing the guy at the shop who said this was worth buying. I really had high hopes for this. No idea what I'm doing wrong. The pot comes out dark brown and I don't feel high in the slightest and I truly don't understand what everybody's talking about with this being a "high but not a stone, no couch lock no confusion no fuzzy headedness"... what the hell else is there meant to be.

kablam,

Vapodudule

are you sure your mouthpiece make a good seal with heating chamber? could you describe the hinge? how does it close?

Vapodudule,

kablam

are you sure your mouthpiece make a good seal with heating chamber? could you describe the hinge? how does it close?

Thanks for your reply.

I screw the mouthpiece all the way in. It doesn't seem like there's any other way to do it. Is there a trick to it? The hinge closes like you would expect the Da Vincis to, it's magnetic.

kablam,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Your issue might be your strain of herb. For sleep you need a heavy indica. If your abv is getting brown and you are getting vapor then it is just the fact of getting used to the different feeling you get from a vape. It is a much cleaner feeling. It is really hard to explain.

GreenRoom

Yes, another good question. We need some feedback to help you get a solid vaping experience before you give up. I was a vapor skeptic and the Davinci fully converted me. The guy in the shop didn't lie, this is one of the best purchases I've ever made.

GreenRoom,

GeekyGodiva

Happy Hairy Herbal Faerie
I feel sure they'd replace a $7 flexi straw for you. Call 'em. 800-336-7224

I actually emailed them. Stellar customer service. I should have just gone to Karma in the first place, but I am used to dealing with the seller in situations like this rather than the manufacturer.

It took a couple days of back and forth emails (but hey, there was a weekend in there) then it was like "check your mailbox in two days, here's the tracking number." Bam! New straw. This one is great by the way. No random sticky-out or jiggly bits.

Now on to the discussion of the machine itself. I read and heard all over that I should start around 340º and work up from there throughout my session. Since having it and playing around a little, I found I actually prefer to start at 324° for the first couple pulls, then 330° for the next couple, then I up it in 5 to 10° increments as needed. I often turn off my unit after the first couple degree changes and ride that out. Then I'll pick it up later, give the oven a stir and continue from the last used temperature until I've finished it out around 375°. I think the flavor lasts much longer this way and I can maintain potency through a couple sessions on the same material. I'm not scorching my throat either, as I experienced a bit when I had my first unit.

I clean my unit every 5-6 days , with alcohol and swabs. I remove and soak all my screens in alcohol to clean them. I also added a Camelback nipple to my straw to keep the wispy vapor from slipping out between draws. This fits perfectly, does what I hoped and, as an added bonus, reduces heat on my lips.

I want to devise a case, eventually. For now I have been carrying it wrapped in 3 layered cotton pouches to buffer the scent as well as lightly pad it in case of accidental droppage. I would like some sort of semi-hard shell that still allowed airflow, so it can cool down while having already been put away.

It is very stealth at a distance, but due to the scent of herbs in the chamber, I still wouldn't use it at the movies unless the place was packed and everyone in your row had popcorn with lots of butter. Otherwise I think the scent would draw a great deal of attention.

GeekyGodiva,

five0five

Hello my fellow vapor brothers and sisters I finally fired up my DaVinci and this is what I found to work best for me.
MMJ is pretty dry ground about to the size of a pepper ground maybe a little bigger set at 385f. I let it heat to 385f first then fill the chamber completely packing just a little. After its filled I wait for about 3 minutes for the material to heat up. After the 3 min wait I hit slow long deep draw and WOW what a device what CLOUDS & flavor pretty good. I NEVER thought I could get vapor clouds like my SOLO but this davinci is pretty dam close. Haven't tried the can YET but I will LOL.

five0five,

five0five

I have a question if some one can please help me out. I just noticed this a few minutes ago. My temp jumps around alot. I set the unit to 385f but when it hits my set point (385f) it fluctuates from 385 to 388 to 392 and back to 385 never dropping below my set point of 385f. Is this normal? Thx in advance

five0five,

OF

I set the unit to 385f but when it hits my set point (385f) it fluctuates from 385 to 388 to 392 and back to 385 never dropping below my set point of 385f. Is this normal? Thx in advance

Yup, any closed loop system of this type (one that looks at the output result and adjusts the input like this one or your home heater) has to have error to work. This 'dead band' has a great name, hysteresis. Basically it heats to the magic point, shuts down the heater but the heat coasts up a bit before starting back down. By design.

You'll also note if you look close there's a bit of 'grain' in the reading, not every degree is resolved. That is there are numbers actually missing from the display.

OF

OF,

five0five

After using the DaVinvi for a few days now I kinda like it. Nice thick clouds better then average taste only complaint I have is it gets a little hot other than that I give it a thumbs up.

five0five,

OF

Thanks OF........
After using the DaVinvi for a few days now I kinda like it. Nice thick clouds better then average taste only complaint I have is it gets a little hot other than that I give it a thumbs up.

You're welcome. Keep an eye on how clean it is, sometimes the taste suffers until it's cleaned.

For sure the heat issue is a real one. Making it bigger would fix that I think, but it's size is a feature few would want to sacrifice I think? It's funny how you quickly learn to hold it in the cooler spots, pain being the motivator it is.

All in all, I think it's a good compromise and gives good service to those who are looking for performance it's capable of.

"The fleas come with the dog".

OF

GreenRoom

If it does dip below the set temp you'll notice that the battery bars decrease as the unit uses power to heat back up. Totally normal. Congrats on the purchase. The Davinci is my first vape and I haven't gone back to combustion since. Good point on the pain being a motivating factor Mr. OF, I find myself using a four-finger kung fu pince and cup technique. Then during the Western PA winters I enjoy a full-on five fingered grasp. Comes in handy.

Top Bottom