Davinci by Karma

OF

Why would they reduce the max temp?
According to this post, the reason for the lower max temp is to improve efficiency, whatever that means.

My guess is to reduce the power consumption for longer battery life and less heating of the electronics and display (which seems to blank out when hot sometimes). The battery will live longer if kept cooler as well.

OF

OF,

Belgianvapor

I have an older model, I think, it's still with the mechanical hinge, no magnet but it only
goes to 207°C
I bought it here, in Europe, would they lower the max temp on the EU models?
(maybe a requirement to obtain a CE certificate?)

Belgianvapor,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
They lowered the temps on the old model at some point as well. I am not sure when but it was stated in this thread after a post I made to turn it up to 430f. This was before the new design came out.

five0five

Its still brand new I just took it out of the box to look at it but have NOT used it yet.... still doing some research.

five0five,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
If it has a lid with a catch on it, it is older. If it has the magnet and opens wider it is newer.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Krizzle

Hi Very high
Yea i get you, thats the thing i loved about the cano was the bags lol but yea setup is more so a bitch i could see (i wasnt operating it i was watching my friend do it so i just huffed the vape out the bag lol), honestly the SSV is looking very appealing to me do you like the SSV? i took your advice and posted in the vape lounge so as i dont get off topic in the DV forum. i love all your guys helps and appreciate it more than you think, im a spaz and when my DV broke it felt like the world was ending ROFL. but i needed a well needed tolerance break anyways so thats good, and my DV is currently being tested by karma in LV to see if its faulty and send me a replacement i should have my replacement by next week. their a great company cant argue with that at all. and i can get a plug in vape i just cant use it at some times due to living situations. and ive heard the ascent isnt what its cracked out to be not bad but not great.

Sorry to hear about your DV issues dude, seems like you went through exactly the same problems I had. Only I went through 3 different units getting the same(similar) problem each time and didn't want to risk another so I bought a Solo and haven't looked back. I wish I had done more research on the DV first as it seems only the people that use them rarely don't have an issue. The heavy users like myself and yourself who use it upwards of 8 times a day the heat seems to kill the battery/LCD display. This is a real shame as its such a great looking unit and im hopeful this problem will be resolved with the Ascent as the heating chamber is away from the battery/LCD. Good luck with your replacement dude and keep us posted, hopefully you'll have more luck than me. If not, like others have recommended the Solo is an amazing portable and reliable too.

Krizzle,
Reactions: Arfsdad

Krizzle

Hi Very high
if you bought new then all units being sold are the new version, if you bought used then it could possibly be an older unit.

Not true I am afraid, the retailer I bought mine from online sold both the old and new versions. Here in the UK the only version 2 available is the green version. Not sure how it is in other countries. The way to tell the difference between them is the old version has a button lid and the new version is magnetic with a couple of other improvements over the original.

Krizzle,

Belgianvapor

overhere in Belgium it's the same, (well, holland, because there is where I ordered some of my vaporizers)
I bought my first davinci not that long ago, it was an older model, today I'm expecting the green model so that should be one of the new models, I guess retailers are undertandably selling their stock first

Belgianvapor,

Belgianvapor

i'm wondering if in some davinci's it's possible that they charge perfectly even when it never shows they are "fully" charged thus showing all the bars and no more blinking?
I just recieved my second davinci, a new model this time, and I kept it on charge for about 8-9 hours straight and it still was blinking, exactly the same as the first one I had.
Are my units both defective or is it just some kind of flingy battery sensor or something?
I haven't used my second unit yet, so I can easily send it back if defective, so I didn't have the chance to test how many sessions I can get out of a charge.

Belgianvapor,

C No Ego

i'm wondering if in some davinci's it's possible that they charge perfectly even when it never shows they are "fully" charged thus showing all the bars and no more blinking?
I just recieved my second davinci, a new model this time, and I kept it on charge for about 8-9 hours straight and it still was blinking, exactly the same as the first one I had.
Are my units both defective or is it just some kind of flingy battery sensor or something?
I haven't used my second unit yet, so I can easily send it back if defective, so I didn't have the chance to test how many sessions I can get out of a charge.

I've noticed my batt indicator does not go full bars all the time but never have had a problem with the da vinci not working. as long as you get a charge and use the unit it will help to break the batt in and give the battery a work out. try that and then see if it works ok. good luck

my DV replacement was broken right out of the box, theirs lose parts in it and it combusts my material, usps mauled it lol the box had dents and dings on it getting very frustrating and now DV wont return my calls/emails :(.

laugingsodreamy12,
Sorry to hear about your DV issues dude, seems like you went through exactly the same problems I had. Only I went through 3 different units getting the same(similar) problem each time and didn't want to risk another so I bought a Solo and haven't looked back. I wish I had done more research on the DV first as it seems only the people that use them rarely don't have an issue. The heavy users like myself and yourself who use it upwards of 8 times a day the heat seems to kill the battery/LCD display. This is a real shame as its such a great looking unit and im hopeful this problem will be resolved with the Ascent as the heating chamber is away from the battery/LCD. Good luck with your replacement dude and keep us posted, hopefully you'll have more luck than me. If not, like others have recommended the Solo is an amazing portable and reliable too.
Yea thanks man i havent been having good luck with my vapes thats for sure, usps mahandled my DV replacement haha and now they wont even talk to me (davinci) im sure their just busy but its really frustrating and when/if i do get my replacement im not gonna use it much i cracked and spent prob more money than i have right now on a cano i just want something easy to use/easy to draw and reliable. im a hard user too and i could easily see my new one breaking just as fast because i babyd that unit so much never dropped it always kept it full charged its a great unit but i def will be using it far less once i get my cano and to just prolong its lifespan haha just use it on camping trips/when im out and about ya know?

i know alot of people on here probably flustered because ive been flustered but everyone on here has been great in helping me out and i wish all the best of luck to you guys on your units as well :)

djonkoman

yesterday, I was driving on a dead-end road when I stumbled upon a nice vaping spot. it's pretty windy there, but there is a birdwatchinghut-like structure, with one open side, so in that hut there's almost no wind, but still a nice view(also some informationsigns on the naturereserve it looks out on in the hut)
8L7KSkx.jpg

7O4qiRH.jpg

sLG8CfR.jpg

47IokjE.jpg

also found this pic, from another time bot not that far away from where the other pics were taken.
Y9VvyQA.jpg

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
i was looking at this one http://www.pipesdaddy.com/Shower-Head-Jacuzzi-Dome-Glass-Water-Pipe-p/wp-0131.htm what would i need to connect it to my dv?

I just got that piece in and I must say it is awesome! If your looking at the PN WT take a long look at this piece! I love it, 5 inch base lets my pvhe 14 mm gong settle the solo right on top w/o risk of tipping over. If you have a davinci just a simple gong adapter or tubing with a cork could work. Pipesdaddy has 15% off sale now and this piece can be had for almost half price of the PN WT....

SSVUN~YAH,

Vapodudule

Just received this beauty of technology.

Sanitizing, Few raw heating and load. set on max : what a cloud production. abv even more dark than solo on 7. blacky blacky!
the effect on 187°C is hmmm awesome. resin on can too.

minus: the mouthpiece was poped off the screw part on the unit within 5 screwing....took advantage of it by putting DV2 in ryot hardshell which you have to output for.

beat n°2 : no tubing i have fits!

Result: proud of it! One sentence to sum up: future is now for DV2.

Vapodudule,
Reactions: OF

HazeSmoke

I just put in an order for a DaVinci a few days back. This makes my 3rd vaporizer but I am by far more excited for this one out the 3. Did some research online reading reviews, watching videos and lurking around this thread. Seems like the perfect device that fits my needs. Adjustable temps, stealth factor, ability to vape n charge, beautiful design and sturdy build quality. Can't wait to give her a go, should be here any day now. I'll post back with my results.

HazeSmoke,

C No Ego

Just received this beauty of technology.

Sanitizing, Few raw heating and load. set on max : what a cloud production. abv even more dark than solo on 7. blacky blacky!
the effect on 187°C is hmmm awesome. resin on can too.

minus: the mouthpiece was poped off the screw part on the unit within 5 screwing....took advantage of it by putting DV2 in ryot hardshell which you have to output for.

beat n°2 : no tubing i have fits!

Result: proud of it! One sentence to sum up: future is now for DV2.

my little rubber tip popped off when vape bubbling with the da vinci and I just slide it back on. it looks like hot glue that holds it on, I have other glues but they will affect the taste I'm sure.

I just put in an order for a DaVinci a few days back. This makes my 3rd vaporizer but I am by far more excited for this one out the 3. Did some research online reading reviews, watching videos and lurking around this thread. Seems like the perfect device that fits my needs. Adjustable temps, stealth factor, ability to vape n charge, beautiful design and sturdy build quality. Can't wait to give her a go, should be here any day now. I'll post back with my results.
give it a good charge when you get it and the alternating low to high temp adjustments during the session is the best way to use the vape, imo. after a while you can take the top screen out of the top swivel part and leave the bottom screen in where it mates to the herb chamber to keep from sucking up debris while using device.

C No Ego,

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
So, I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on this one. I've narrowed it down to this or the VB 2.0.

My criteria is stealth, bowl size, battery life and newbie friendly. Leaf only, oils are not an issue. I've decided waiting on the Inhxp, Ascent or pinnacle to be beta tested by purchasers, plus the shipping delays was not something I was willing to do. :)

So is there any reason I should not get a Davinci based on my criteria? Does anyone have experience with both?

Thanks,
Bill

deadheadbill,
Reactions: OF

OF

So, I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on this one. I've narrowed it down to this or the VB 2.0.

So is there any reason I should not get a Davinci based on my criteria? Does anyone have experience with both?

I have, and like, both. Both are, I think, about as 'new user friendly', perhaps slightly favoring VB as the display is simpler and easier to read and the options fewer. The battery life 'meter' on VB is much better.

Stealth points to DV, battery life and bowl size to VB. VB is better for casual use IMO. I find I use the VB more

Neither is ideal, both seem solid products, IMO either will serve well.

OF

C No Ego

I've been getting two sessions per load lately with the da vinci, run the first session at 375 and then up the temp eventually to max for the next session with the same load. it's conserving and helping get my tolerance back down some. I thought I lost the little brush the other day but later found the brush and I realized how much it helps to clean the da vinci when I did not have it . the lid snapped shut while I was cleaning and shot the little brush away at a high rate of speed,also I accidentally melted the brush tips sticking it in the bowl with the heat turned on so this brush has some use on it by now. glad to have it though

C No Ego,

Flatland

Has anyone tested the new units to see how long the battery last? I was only able to get about 40 minutes out of a full charge at 375 degrees. Doesn't seem to be any better than the old units.

Flatland,

PierceLaw

^ I haven't actually timed my new unit, but just going by a very rough estimate based on the number of times my unit auto-powered off after ten minutes on one charge, I would guess that it's lasting for somewhat less than an hour, and that's usually starting at 190 C (374 F) and raising the temp to the max 207 C (405 F) by the end of a session.

So I'm almost certain that it's reaching or surpassing the old advertised battery life of 40 or 45 minutes, but for sure it's nowhere close to the new maximum, which is either "up to an hour and forty minutes" or "up to a 1.4 hour battery life" (i.e., 1 hour and 24 minutes).

PierceLaw,
Top Bottom