David Goldstein's Fritted Disc

The Rooster.

Glass Blower
It is a desktop vaporizer. It has an 19mm male joint that can be connected to many any water pipe. They also make something called a HydraTube which sits on top of the device, basically turning it into a self contained water pipe. I love my VapeXhale Cloud. http://www.vapexhale.com/

I actually wish you made a piece that had a female connection, so I could plug the cloud directly into the water pipe. I don't mind the adapter, but sometimes it comes loose. I hold it in place with one of my fingers and that does the trick. I would prefer the female adapter since I don't do dabs through the piece.
I'll be damned. Never seen one before. That was educational. I understand the desk thing better now. Still, I'd observe that the convertible shown is plenty beefy not to break if it's on an angle in your lap. How much does it weigh? It's for dabs? Or just plant?

Fwiw, I've never really loved a vaporizer. I had a volcano for a while that I liked ok, but I like that intensity of a single serving cherry pulling thru the restriction. I like using torch exhaust (I'm a pyro, and ocd about pieces meeting their maker), past the visible flame, but still hot enough to do the trick without sucking in anything but co2 and steam from the flame.

The Rooster.,
Reactions: ogcook

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I'll be damned. Never seen one before. That was educational. I understand the desk thing better now. Still, I'd observe that the convertible shown is plenty beefy not to break if it's on an angle in your lap. How much does it weigh? It's for dabs? Or just plant?

Fwiw, I've never really loved a vaporizer. I had a volcano for a while that I liked ok, but I like that intensity of a single serving cherry pulling thru the restriction. I like using torch exhaust (I'm a pyro, and ocd about pieces meeting their maker), past the visible flame, but still hot enough to do the trick without sucking in anything but co2 and steam from the flame.

I don't normally stand it on a desk to hit... for the videos though it gives me a better angle. My preferred position is to sit in the chair and have it resting on my lap. This gives me both hands free. I use my left hand hold the cloud by the body. I use my right hand to grip the water pipe and my fingers to hold the convertible female/female adapter in place. I don't mind the convertible... actually I do like that you can put the little glass frit screen in there. That helps keep the flower debris from getting into the main chamber.

I should make a video with me sitting in the chair hitting the Cloud and DG the way I normally do during my own sessions.

You can use flowers, keif, or oil. It has a little basket/elbow that goes down inside the male glass joint. I would say the cloud weighs just a smidgen over one pound. (1lb 1 3/8th ounce to be exact) You piece feels like it can handle it no problem. I keep my hands on it while it is connected to the water pipe. I also don't leave it sitting on there for long periods of time.

It took me a long time to convert to vaporizers. I had tried way back in the day with the volcano but I gave up. The cloud hits really hard. It gives me those really thick vapor hits that expand in your chest and make your lungs tingle... mmmm tasty.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Could I ask for a little shape feedback? Less chimney volume means more stackage, and more water in your mouth. How many folks would like less chimney volume? Bear in mind, it makes no difference in the functionality of the piece whether it stacks to the top or stacks half way.
Personally, I don't like water in my mouth, I think the chimney looks harmonious, it keeps the center of gravity down, and the shorter piece is less challenging to ship.

If the jury comes back for smaller bulb, I'll figure it out, or maybe bring back a straight model. While I loved the straight prototypes in their time, I like the chimney better. A straight tube would cost a bit less.....less labor.

Whad'ya think?

I personally like the eggish shaped bulge at the bottom.
It makes the pieces a bit more unique, and I don't really recall seeing too similar shapes coming from other blowers.

I've never been the biggest fan of a plain straight tube though.
:2c:

Frederick McGuire,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
I hope this doesn't come as a big shock by now, but I am kinda ignorant of a lot of the market and I'll fess up that this includes "the cloud." Anybody care to raise my consciousness on what this is? It would help.

There have been some dab dish prototypes, I think only one ever made it to market. I have put a couple of mouthpieces behind the can, most notably the Philly Glass connect contraption and the variant Aqua Lab got for 710 (which has a few unfinished siblings). My problem here is that it makes a tube that was easy, cheap and fast to clean into a tube that is not easy, cheap, or fast to clean, plus, it slows fabrication down, raising labor cost and decreasing production.

I guess the bottom line on offsetting the neck is like the colored disc and flare foot options-they slow down production, are you willing to pay for that?

I'd definitely be willing to pay a bit extra for the bubbler mouthpiece style. I understand its a bit more technical to put that mouthpiece on than the straight tube for sure, but I don't speak for everyone.
I actually didn't realize the philly glass connect "contraption" :D when I was mentioning it before had that style of mouthpiece. looks great to me. awesome that you've already been trying it out.
basically a mini-can style with that mouthpiece and maybe the "dish" in the top would look great. but the dish part is honestly not that important, I have dishes.

MarcellusWiley,
I seen an oil piece at my LHS that has a built in concentrate dish like you guys are talking about. I was going to buy it but I just bought two DG pieces so I can't really spend that fucking much on glass lol.

VapeNStone,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I am on the waiting list for the cloud (couldn't resist...) Here is the FC thread, it's long, I will put you at the end, you can back up a few pages, get the gist of what is currently happening with it. http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapexhale-cloud.5247/page-166

That Hydratube on top makes it looks so streamline and is such a great idea. I can only wish for a fritted Hydratube. I am hoping my mini can will be able to hold the cloud, if not, I'll use the 18" tube, but I also vape at my desk, where I spend a lot of time in the day, the bent neck on my mini can makes reaching it better, and gets the vapes I put on the stem out of my face a bit more. Sometimes I will hold my mini, but I also like to do the hands free, and lean into it on my desk. I have the 12" mini can from ALT

jambandphan03,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
I am on the waiting list for the cloud (couldn't resist...) Here is the FC thread, it's long, I will put you at the end, you can back up a few pages, get the gist of what is currently happening with it. http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapexhale-cloud.5247/page-166

That Hydratube on top makes it looks so streamline and is such a great idea. I can only wish for a fritted Hydratube. I am hoping my mini can will be able to hold the cloud, if not, I'll use the 18" tube, but I also vape at my desk, where I spend a lot of time in the day, the bent neck on my mini can makes reaching it better, and gets the vapes I put on the stem out of my face a bit more. Sometimes I will hold my mini, but I also like to do the hands free, and lean into it on my desk. I have the 12" mini can from ALT

I think my dg is a micro cause its only 10" tall. But cloud fits but its right in your face. But dam its so smooth :) I'm thinking about getting a custom angle female to female for it.

ilovebOObs,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I've been using my Solo on top of the longer straight PVHES stem and I imagine the cloud will be about as tall at the stem/solo combined. If held at the right position, I can get it away from my face, by turning the down stem to the side, instead of keeping it right in front.

jambandphan03,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
yeah, rooster, vapes have come a long way and gone in many directions since the Volcano...it's worth you checking it out.

stickstones,
I think my dg is a micro cause its only 10" tall. But cloud fits but its right in your face. But dam its so smooth :) I'm thinking about getting a custom angle female to female for it.
good luck. I have been waiting for months for PV to get it in stock. I need a 45 degree angled one.

So still no one has confirmed the fritt size? Is the fritt supposed to be half as thick in the tube? Or did my fritt break away on the way?

Mod note: Please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located near the lower right of your posts. Posts merged.

VapeNStone,

The Rooster.

Glass Blower
anyone in portland have a cloud? I'd like to try it.
burned my left index finger pretty good this morning, hard to type with it bandaged, I won't be posting much while it's wrapped in gauze.
I was bringing back the original full size can at the time....I sure like making the chimneys better.

I just hired full time help for shipping etc. With another producer coming on line, we should start making a dent in the back-orders and filling orders for new vendors, who've been most patient.

It's hard to type, bye for a little while. I'll still read what's posted.

I have the cloud but I believe I live quite a distance from you.

EDIT: just saw you said in Portland. Hmmmm me and the gf were thinking about taking a trip?

VapeNStone,

The Rooster.

Glass Blower
Here is my vid of me hitting my cloud through every piece I own.

very interesting. I would prefer to try the one without the attached water tube, but I would try either of them. They look to be an improvement over prior art (volcano). The only obvious issue I see is weight, and I don't see the as an issue for my products.

too clumsy to type, but I'll pick it up later.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
very interesting. I would prefer to try the one without the attached water tube, but I would try either of them. They look to be an improvement over prior art (volcano). The only obvious issue I see is weight, and I don't see the as an issue for my products.

too clumsy to type, but I'll pick it up later.

Hey, Not sure if you have done it yet... get yourself some colloidal silver. It works wonders on burns. Did you have any of that liquid metal paste to dunk your hand in the burn at the time? I know that helps reduce the severity of the burn. I remember being in the studio and seeing some crazy burns. The one guy grabbed the wrong end of the punty... I just remember seeing smoke rise up as he gripped it. The worst was a guy who was doing an inside out frit piece. Somehow he tilted the piece back and all the hot frit went right into his mouth/throat... man that one was messed up. Anyway, hope your burn heals up quickly. Keep it moisturized.

The Rooster.

Glass Blower
Hey, Not sure if you have done it yet... get yourself some colloidal silver. It works wonders on burns. Did you have any of that liquid metal paste to dunk your hand in the burn at the time? I know that helps reduce the severity of the burn. I remember being in the studio and seeing some crazy burns. The one guy grabbed the wrong end of the punty... I just remember seeing smoke rise up as he gripped it. The worst was a guy who was doing an inside out frit piece. Somehow he tilted the piece back and all the hot frit went right into his mouth/throat... man that one was messed up. Anyway, hope your burn heals up quickly. Keep it moisturized.
yeah, I have some colloidal silver, I made rigs for a couple of guys in the biz. Wound a lot of coils for one of them. The other guy was a very interesting person, took a different approach to making it. I built him a couple of jim dandy's. He says they're really kicking some ass. He's moved to mexico to escape the fda war on colloidal silver. Too bad.
What works better, though is ching-wan hung, a very cheap chinese ointment of sesame oil, beeswax, and "7 red herbs." CWH is fcukin' awesome. I'm not feelin' any pain but I'll probably have to protect it for a few days.
Thank you for showing concern for my physical well being. Shows good character.

I have no idea what Colliodal silver is, but back when I was a pup, an old baker tought me to put real vanilla extract on the burn with in 2 mins. I make sure to keep some in the cupboards now a days, it really helps. The added bonus of.smelling vanilla all day is sort of soothing.

havealight101,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

The Rooster.

Glass Blower
I have no idea what Colliodal silver is, but back when I was a pup, an old baker tought me to put real vanilla extract on the burn with in 2 mins. I make sure to keep some in the cupboards now a days, it really helps. The added bonus of.smelling vanilla all day is sort of soothing.
I believe that. My other stalwart in the burn department has been oil of lavender as immediate treatment. It stops penetration of the burn, some extractions better than other. I doused myself with oil of lavender once and walked into a grocery store and every head turned to me the instant I walked in.
Lavender and vanilla make a nice infusion as well. My guess is that that old baker's advice was good, but with burns, penetration is the issue and stopping the penetration is the first, immediate priority. I had a tube of the stuff right on my lathe table and treatment was within seconds.
I think the profound testament to ching-wan-hung was when a close friend had lymphoma, and had about a hundred square inches of radiation burn on her back. It was really horrifying, particularly on such a close friend. I dumped a tub-and-half (all I had) on her back, and everybody was very grateful to see such relief. It also works on poison sumac, I think.
if you look at cooks' blogs,you will find the ointment I recommend praised as well. Tastes terrible. Vanilla sounds attractive. Vanilla extract will also dull a toothache, but not so well as clove oil. I bet clove oil works on burns. Good to know what your options are, you never know when somebody is going to need burn treatment and you always win brownie points if you are prepared.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Damn DG, sorry you got hurt. sounds like you're taking one for the team. love all the great ointment suggestions. My girl is into holistic medicine so it's always good to hear new ones. my fav is a calendula base w/ cannabis oil. works for most skin ailments. hope ya heal up soon.

on a positive note, i got my 2nd persei in the mail so i made a video using dual carts with 2 persei thru a my Y adapter. chose my DG even tho my draw was very restricted so full percolation wasn't possible til i was clearing the tube. still worked great tho! enjoy

and yes, that is a Dark Side of the Moon Slanket

The Rooster.

Glass Blower
Damn DG, sorry you got hurt. sounds like you're taking one for the team. love all the great ointment suggestions. My girl is into holistic medicine so it's always good to hear new ones. my fav is a calendula base w/ cannabis oil. works for most skin ailments. hope ya heal up soon.

on a positive note, i got my 2nd persei in the mail so i made a video using dual carts with 2 persei thru a my Y adapter. chose my DG even tho my draw was very restricted so full percolation wasn't possible til i was clearing the tube. still worked great tho! enjoy

and yes, that is a Dark Side of the Moon Slanket
Guys, I build laboratory apparatus. Glad to see you doing some experiments with it. thumbs up.

I'm very disappointed in this orange convertible. Something is definitely up with the fritt. I need to get a better camera so I can email NVS and get this sorted out.

VapeNStone,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Ah, just saw this on the VapeXhale page, about the Hydratubes for the Cloud... good to know about, and glad they are open to work with various artists...but they are patented, so please be aware of this.

Rooster, any plans to collaborate with them about a fritted Hydratube? Is that even something you would want to try to get involved with?? Sure would make some of your Cloud using fans happy.

One thing that we want to re-iterate is that the HydraTube technology has been patented by VapeXhale. This covers any water tool that has an intake at the bottom and is diffused through a water chamber. Anyone who is making water tools that have these properties are infringing on our intellectual property.

We are not interested in preventing any glass blowers from earning a profit making designs that will work with the Cloud, we are merely interested in protecting our IP. We encourage any and all glassblowers that want to make HydraTubes to contact and work with us. We are very easy to work with, we promise :)

jambandphan03,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I do not think a Fritted Hydra Tube would work. It would not work sitting on top of the device, water would be able to get into the cloud too easily. It would have to sit off to the side. I kind of thought about this concept... hard to explain. It would be better if I could draw it out. I can't think of a very easy way to make it work sitting on top of the device.

Edit: I drew it out. I hope that makes more sense. I feel like it would not work sitting on top of the cloud, because there would be no way to create a secure chamber that would prevent splashing. Maybe I am wrong, and someone has an idea that would work?

The left is the DG Style Fritted HydraTube on top of the Cloud. The left is how I think it would have to work in order to prevent any leaking into the cloud. The red lines are the fritted disk section.

7579805388_83a62faf1d_c.jpg

Top Bottom