David Goldstein's Fritted Disc

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I've got the same twisted glass "poker" in blue, from SSV. It makes a great dabber! Nice video!!

jambandphan03,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I have not had a chance to make a video. I am loving the piece though. I will be writing a review of it for my blog. I think it is an excellent option for poeple who water a smaller bubbler but need lots of filtration. This things hits SMOOTH. I feel like it hits as smoothly as my large 20inch water pipe. I am using the VripTech Heat Wand to vaporize some GDP. It tastes like Grape Kool-aid. I have never been someone who notices allot of fruit flavors in my flowers. It is pretty crazy that I get such a distinct grape taste.

Happy fathers day to me... I'm in the hunt for a DGFD Can or smaller tube. I hope the fathers day excuse keeps me off the couch.
Anyone know when NVS will get more? I got my LHS in the hunt, but they are slow at getting things going. Though the vid with the cloud and fritter had his eyes wide open.

Edit:called NVS... Basically everythings in stock. Im in between the mini can, and the 14" convertible, any help.
Whats the dimensions of the can on the mini?

Anyone have some input, Im thinking either the mini can, 14"/16" convertibles. I want it to function well with my Solo and future cloud. My concern is to make sure I don't end up with the solo/cloud in my face.

havealight101,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Just wanted to update with a cleaning experience. I have been experimenting with different things and was extremely impressed with full strength Simple Green. Really cleaned the fritted disc well. Looks like new again. Get the glass really hot first, it works better . . .

Keep it simple, keep it green. Simple Green.

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
yeah, when you rinse youre iso+salt mix out, use HOT HOT HOT water (not too hot on the fritter that bitch will snap) rinse with cold and its just gonna make all that resin(claim w\e it is) turn hard and stick to the first thing it touches.

love to pre-heat my piece with super hot water to get it broken down, just like back in the day, blow hot air in your pipe before scraping it and it makes scraping resin much easier.

Xchadb,
Eff it, ordered a mini can! Shipps tomorrow. Looks like a convertible will be the house warming gift. Decision was tough, but I think a smaller piece will fit me better for now. I wish there were full sized cans, I'm just a big fan of bent mouthpieces in general.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Eff it, ordered a mini can! Shipps tomorrow. Looks like a convertible will be the house warming gift. Decision was tough, but I think a smaller piece will fit me better for now. I wish there were full sized cans, I'm just a big fan of bent mouthpieces in general.
Welcome to the revolution :tup:

t-dub,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I want to replace my daily water pipe with the 18inch Tube. I feel like the fritted disk does a great job at filtering. I bet it would do just as good if not better then my 12 arm tree.

Slightly Medicated,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
The 16" is working perfectly for me. I think it is important to have the heavy duty 24mm tubing on the bottom, why else would he go to the trouble? and when I get the cloud it is tall enough so the can won't be directly in my face.

t-dub,
and when I get the cloud it is tall enough so the can won't be directly in my face.
Man now you got me thinking I should call back and switch to a 14/16". I'm not feeling like having a solo/cloud in my face. Life is full of tough decisions huh.

havealight101,

jambandphan03

in flavor country

I find that using my mini w/ the solo+gong stem, I just have to turn the piece so the solo/stem is to the side, instead up directly in front, and it doesn't get in my face. Your call though if you want to change it. Now that I have the two pieces w/ the 18mm stem, I am wondering how much better the larger 24mm stem is to have, as far as putting weight on them over and over. The solo isn't that heavy, I don't know how heavy the cloud is...

I use the mini most of the time, but the boyfriend likes the 18" to do dabs on, so things seem to be working out having both. I do like the look of the 16" w/ the thicker stem, but so far can't find any complaints about the 18mm stem

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Well the bub is a different deal since you are set back . . .but i don't have one so I can't say for sure, I can definitely see getting one in the future though because now that I am doing dabs I can see why you want a different piece. Dabs foul water instantly, even with RezBlock (which helps a lot) . . .

t-dub,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
So the 16 inch has a thicker stem? Is that the main difference between the 16 and the 18 inch? Well aside from 2 inches.

Slightly Medicated,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Right, if you look the 16" is a "convertible" and comes with the adapter/dome and slide. The 18" is a straight 18mm and comes with just the dome.

Cool, good input. I'm sure ill be more than happy with a mini can. Ill work my way up in size I guess.
Funny on top of VAS, I got a case of GAS, and not long ago I thought water pipes sucked. Thanks FC for opening my eyes, but damn wallet keeps floppin' open.

Thanks Jam, sticking with the can, glad its 18mm. It fits all my needs for now, if a cloud expands those needs, so be it :) Now if PV would only get the pvhes gongs out... I may just order a normal one and take it to my wet saw to turbo it myself..carefully.

havealight101,
Top Bottom