David Goldstein's Fritted Disc

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I think I was sucking through the "Fine" ones with my ebay experiment. :disgust:

Stu,
Reactions: ogcook

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
So do you think a frit with a micron porosity of 250-500 would be the ticket? Because I think I have found some at that count.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I'm loving the smaller size of the mini can. It's actually pretty darn small. The pics make it hard to judge, but it's a nice solid piece, handles the weight of the solo just fine. Dabs like a dream... perfect size for my desk. I also got the SSV padded carry bag today too, and it's a tight fit with the mini being 12" tall, but I can just barely get it in there. Def. more of a 10" size bag. I'm definitely happy with it!! :freak:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
IMO jam your water level is maybe a little high... Did you try with 1 cm above the fritted disk?
Thats a good observation. I was reading somewhere that people get these to diffuse with the water level at the top of the disc, none above it . . . but I also think about a cm (or about 75ml) of fluid works best in my 16" straight.

t-dub,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I was just thinking the same thing, I will be washing it soon, and will fill it less next time. I like to test the levels. I started with it too high in the 18" too, it was a bit more forgiving on the splash up.

forgot to mention, the DG from ALT came with a quartz nail.

jambandphan03,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
i can get mine to kiss me if i fill it to the stemless bridge support. if its just above the disc the fizz stays just in the bigger chamber...

they are all unique tho :) also i have 18 mm joints lot less airflow than the bigger ones

yeah i think the boro frit chunks is whats key, quartz is more of a scientific application

Xchadb,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Got the last DG Mini from NVS, they had a Micro with red colored frit for $350, I'm stretching it by buying this piece so I opted for the Mini at $290. Cant wait to use it. Thanks for starting the Goldstein Revolution Marcellus, glad I can finally join in.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I think you are going to love your mini, silver420surfer.... I just got mine yesterday, it's a great piece for the size... solid, balanced and gives a good sized hit IMO. It's too bad NVS doesn't let you purchase directly from the site, I can be impulsive and ended getting my mini from ALT because it was instant grat. on the purchase.

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I got the piece in today! That was fast shipping. I am not far away though, just a 3.5 hour drive. I vaporized a couple of bowls using my VripTech Heat Wand. I am using my Extreme Q adapter as the Female to Female adapter. It works quite well. I kind of like that it has an extra screen. Might help keep any particulates out of the glass.

I must say for the size and everything it is very very smooth. I am impressed with how well the disk diffuses the water. I have some work to do right now... otherwise I would film a video. I have an event to go to tonight. When I get back home I will try and make a video.

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
EXTREME Q BOWL FOR LIFE!

grats to everyone that has picked up one(or more) of these pieces! so how many DG's do we have here on FC?

should do a massive dab video(or vapor milkups) collab, if we gather all our clips i can def edit something up :)

Xchadb,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Haha, I had a fun day the other week when I filmed about 4 or 5 vids in a row to show off some of my newer glass.
I was in no position to edit then either :lol:
My next vid session is just gonna be the DG with some of my various vapes :brow:

EDIT:
Once I get around to making a batch of ABV oil, there'll certainly be some dab vids coming :tup:

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I keep running into that too, haven't even started doing my own edits yet... been trying to just get a good take, worth posting, which means it takes several tries, and by the time I'm happy enough with a clip, I'm pretty :ko:

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Really digging the mini can!! I like the smaller size for my desk. I can use it hands free on the desk, or pick it up easily. It does put the end of the Solo up near my head using the gong stem, but I can turn it sideways a bit, and it doesn't feel intrusive. I recently found a way to use the Evolution with it...

Top Bottom