David Goldstein's Fritted Disc

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I know, I have the PVHES straight stem and it is so much better on air flow, but it's really awkward using it on the glass, too tall, and doesn't like to hold the solo up with out assistance. I love the gong stem, the height is good, allows me to be hands free, but the draw is still tight, even with the tintest disk in the solo. I would love to just altar my stem, but I don't want to break it, and don't have many good tools to work with, besides maybe a dremel. Might as well wait for the PVHES gong to come out, should be soon. I hope it has the same low profile that the reg. gong has. Well, off to have some dinner at Sushi Ya!! :D

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
One thing I did notice when I did a dab is that you could definitely feel a "restriction" briefly, as it went through the disc. I assume some condensation took place in there since you could see the result floating in the water afterwards . . .

t-dub,
Honestly, I'd rather put my Persei w/ 2 lv darts(not recommended, but I do it... just barely over the 5 amp limit), then break out the torch and TI. It definitely is easier and keeps the water cleaner, but the sacrifice is flavor(unless darts were just filled).

havealight101,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
ya know, im really sick of explaining this thing an convincing people (not FC/youtube) its just like, dont take it the wrong way but let me put it this way :party:

if you don't buy one...its your own god damn fault and sorry for your ass you aint got one, because its fucking amazing and perfect, really it is. If it fits the user, it has the potential to FINALLY make you happy and stop searching for that perfect perc.:science:

If you're THINKING about buying it and have the money, just buy any fucking one of em (come on, really think you wouldn't be able to sell it if you didn't like it? COME ON.) as long as its your budget, they will all make you happy in one way they all have advantages and disadvantages. Youll be happy you didnt waste any more time. I regret not picking one the second i saw one stack that high i coulda been dabbin like this for a WHILE!

not gonna sit here and tell everyone how i wish i had a more hefty and higher airflow joint, yea bummer but thats the exact reason i got it (besides it being cheaper :) but its way more compatible with a WAY more common 18mm size....also tube is longer....once again pro's n cons!

the biggest thing and only thing you should be worried about, is what vape or setup you plan on using on this beast, cause if you only have a solo and dont dab, just forget it. Need to be willing to step outa bounds with this beast, because this turns dabs into a whole diff experience, i think some can agree with me on that. :spliff:

i need to just make a damn pros n cons video for the DG's kind of like a buyers guide?
where to buy one, what it comes with, differences between models and prices, tips on high stacks, shed some light on the cleaning aspect and how it affects the piece. just so much to talk about!

PS: You really need a sense of humor to read my posts. :freak: i like to discuss things out of excitement and fun :peace:

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
If it fits the user, it has the potential to FINALLY make you happy and stop searching for that perfect perc . . . they all have advantages and disadvantages. Youll be happy you didnt waste any more time
So true. And I wasn't ragging on the 18mm jointed ones just saying what works for me :)
i need to just make a damn pros n cons video for the DG's kind of like a buyers guide?
Sounds nice :)

t-dub,
Reactions: Xchadb

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
So true. And I wasn't ragging on the 18mm jointed ones just saying what works for me :) Sounds nice :)
no, totally man, i didn't think you were, its a very important thing that needs to be brought up, as a lot of people just overlook it, and many things about this piece!

at this point i just wish i had both, cause i dont wana give up either pros or cons of each piece to enjoy diff pros n cons of the same piece.

just like a car, more horsepower.... less gas mileage, more horsepower... more fun, more gas consumption...less fun....ect.

thats where custom comes in, where you get everything you're looking for, that might be soon, but thats up to steve at 7th floor, we fuckn believe in you! hahahah

Xchadb,
Reactions: t-dub
Chad, you make me want to order the convertible 16" tomorrow...trouble maker you.. will you explain that to my wife? I think the fathers day pass just gets me a mini can. Honestly though, I want to see if there will be big ass Can style w/24mm joint in the future. I thought I saw a beta unit or something around here... I'll find it.

havealight101,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
Chad, you make me want to order the convertible 16" tomorrow...trouble maker you.. will you explain that to my wife? I think the fathers day pass just gets me a mini can. Honestly though, I want to see if there will be big ass Can style w/24mm joint in the future. I thought I saw a beta unit or something around here... I'll find it.
options are extreeeeeemley limited right now tho. but in the future im sure we'll be able to be nice and picky ya know? When i shop for pieces its always off looks cause you can't touch it, dont let that fool you. You may think you know what you do like...this will change your mind.

when i first saw this thing i was like GOD DAMN THATS UGLY...ya know what...thats what makes this thing so fuckn special. you see that fucking crazy ass rooster from some dumb 240p webcam video on youtube, and you would STILL know what the fuck is up... just pure pleasure hahahaha

you have two options, get a fritter and stop being bitter.... (not really it just rhymes :spliff:)

OR
actually, you don't have another option....buy one, sorry. :science:

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
when i first saw this thing i was like GOD DAMN THATS UGLY
Haha, I thought a similar thing, I thought the rooster looked out of place, and that the egg-shape looked weird...

Then I got my mini can and said DG can throw whatever the fuck he want's to on these, I want them :D

Frederick McGuire,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I was put off a little by the rooster too, but it's grown on me since and the style of the glass has grown on me too. It has a simple elegance that I enjoy. Esp. the 18" tube, it just looks classy, till you see the rooster :haw: it does make it instantly recognizable though!

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I hate this thread.

(only because I don't own one, nor probably ever will)

Muahahahaha!

EDIT: As for the logo, yeah... its ugly as sin. But, I feel the artist are making their interpretation of what it should be and how it should look/function. If they choose to accept custom request and omit or edit their logo, then so be it. But, if its a sticking point... make up your mind. If its the function you're looking for, then look past the form.

BigDaddyVapor,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Hey BDV, if I ever come up with a "surplus" unit that could be compassionate I will let you know :)

My radar crew will be on constant alert, in standby mode ready to go!
radar-emoticon-animated.gif
(I'm not holding my breath though. lol!)

Though, I must warn you. I used to get in trouble all the time, when I was stationed in Long Beach. I used to lock onto and track the aircraft leaving LAX, with the Gunfire Control System on our ship. Hey, it was my damn shop, my damn gear... did with it what I wanted. It was a great training aid (that and tracking C-130s in the Gulf... which they don't like much either). But, just let me tell you. When the Base Commander gets an angry call from Feds at LAX, shit rolls down hill and picks up steam real fast.

Eh, I still got away with it. :D

BigDaddyVapor,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
I almost didn't buy it because my girlfriend didn't like the "vase-like" shape of the bottom (I have the convertible) and the rooster...hahah boy was she wrong ;) we love our cock fritter now!

and I'm with you chad haha, I have so many people ask me questions about this thing when I post on different websites I direct them to this thread now haha. lots of people from reddit glassheads asking me about them and people on instagram too lol. blowin up!

lol everyone that comes over to my house that I show says "whats up with the cock on the side" Then I just stack the tube and the mouth goes closey :) Then I get into the real explanation lol but for a second they just don't give a shit, which seems to be the same from what I'm reading.

Bouldorado

those tubes are sick, definitely on my wish list...too bad they're sold out like everywhere.

also, found this website the other day when I was looking around for a fritted disc. seems dave goldstein owns a glass company as well; even has that same rooster logo.

Bouldorado,
those tubes are sick, definitely on my wish list...too bad they're sold out like everywhere.

also, found this website the other day when I was looking around for a fritted disc. seems dave goldstein owns a glass company as well; even has that same rooster logo.
I called NVS and ordered a mini can yesterday, should ship out today. Give em a call, sounded like they had all models.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I got my 18" through email at NVS, just sent them an email with the exact model I wanted, and they responded quickly, had it to me 3 days after I sent the email, but I am only 3 hours drive away from the shop, and didn't' want to make the drive ( 6 hours total ).

jambandphan03,
Just got off the phone with NVS, got my tracking #.
He said they put up pics of all the newest glass on FB, a while before it gets to the website. I have never been a social media guy, but that may get me to make an account.

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
I know, I have the PVHES straight stem and it is so much better on air flow, but it's really awkward using it on the glass, too tall, and doesn't like to hold the solo up with out assistance. I love the gong stem, the height is good, allows me to be hands free, but the draw is still tight, even with the tintest disk in the solo. I would love to just altar my stem, but I don't want to break it, and don't have many good tools to work with, besides maybe a dremel. Might as well wait for the PVHES gong to come out, should be soon. I hope it has the same low profile that the reg. gong has. Well, off to have some dinner at Sushi Ya!! :D
I did my mods with a Dremmel. I drill with a small onion like tip(comes in dremmel kit) the 4 holed glass screen of the GonG 14mm stem, easy, just keep the dremmel in the 10000 to 15000 or more RPMs. Keep a water container right next to you to cool the stem and tip. The cuts(8 of them) on the rim of the stem bowl, I made them with a reinforced black disk, looks like a rigid black sander, and comes with dremmel kit. I prefer to set the dremmel on the side of a table, and hold it with one hand to keep it firm and really steady, while with the other hand work the cuts on the rim stem. Water the stem in the container to cool it. Be careful not to overdo it, to avoid cracks. To smooth things and get rid of any glass chips, use a wood skewer as a sander. Wash with soap and ISO. Avoid using ABV to cook, DO NOT EAT ABV till you are sure the stem it's not chipping anymore. You can QWISO and dab :) but not eat for a certain time. Enjoy you homemade ghetto mods :) , stay vaped...

p.s: Always use gloves and safety glasses

I did my mods with a Dremmel. I drill with a small onion like tip(comes in dremmel kit) the 4 holed glass screen of the GonG 14mm stem, easy, just keep the dremmel in the 10000 to 15000 or more RPMs. Keep a water container right next to you to cool the stem and tip. The cuts(8 of them) on the rim of the stem bowl, I made them with a reinforced black disk, looks like a rigid black sander, and comes with dremmel kit. I prefer to set the dremmel on the side of a table, and hold it with one hand to keep it firm and really steady, while with the other hand work the cuts on the rim stem. Water the stem in the container to cool it. Be careful not to overdo it, to avoid cracks. To smooth things and get rid of any glass chips, use a wood skewer as a sander. Wash with soap and ISO. Avoid using ABV to cook, DO NOT EAT ABV till you are sure the stem it's not chipping anymore. You can QWISO and dab :) but not eat for a certain time. Enjoy you homemade ghetto mods :) , stay vaped...

p.s: Always use gloves and safety glasses
I guess were derailing it here, but nice work dude! I'm gonna try on a back up stem with my wet saw on wed, if all goes well ill do it to a gong stem I'm ordering tonight. Im not going to go to deep, but a wet saw blade is much wider so it should make up for it. Masking tape will help it stay smoother.
Back to DG's... Mine is on its way and I already want to order another.... We should have a GAS support group thread to help people through the rough times.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
It's scary how fast I ordered the second one, once I had the first in my hands... it was a mix of emotions because visually I was daydreaming of the mini, but had this super cool giant tube in front of me. Both are getting regular daily use. :tup:

Top Bottom