Discontinued Daisy vaporizer by Triihouse

For me the thing that held me back from getting my technique down was drawing too fast. It's so tempting with the wide open draw to just go for it. You'll still get vapor but you won't get the whistle and the cloud that comes after.

Also the bottom hole is the carb hole.
You can get a whistle when pulling too hard, too, but it's not the *right* whistle.

scottg402

Ok well VAS is hitting hard again so I broke down and just picked one up. I figured I would regret it if they went out of stock, never to be found again. Today I picked up my Square for some more testing, I have an UD that just posted delivered to my house and I have a glass core HI coming in the next few weeks. Hopefully this keeps me occupied for a while! LOL

Ok well VAS is hitting hard again so I broke down and just picked one up. I figured I would regret it if they went out of stock, never to be found again. Today I picked up my Square for some more testing, I have an UD that just posted delivered to my house and I have a glass core HI coming in the next few weeks. Hopefully this keeps me occupied for a while! LOL
Very excited to hear your comparison to some of your other vapes, as this vape hits like a Mac truck.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Goddamnit @WakeAndVape.

Cherry ordered, variety is the spice of life and I own a walnut lily. $161. Some stuffs going on the chopping block soon..

Nice! That's what I've got too, cherry daisy after a walnut lily (my buddy had a walnut OG full on square block Daisy before both). You're gonna enjoy man, that and Milaana have been my go to's for a while now.

So I just ordered this as my first butane vaporizer, cherry wood and I can hardly wait until it arrives, with the help of @nondarb. I would love any advice on which torch to use and any heating technique.

@WakeAndVape, I believe I watched a couple of your videos already and they were very helpful. Do you have any preference on how to best clean and maintain this unit?

Torch wise, vaporstore will send you a cheap honest torch with your Daisy (at least mine did, my buddies' Lilys did not), it works more than decent and mine actually even came prefilled! And yes vector is good, but and smoke cigar shop will have a decent high end butane (ive had DuPont and Newport, but vector probably is slightly better actually).

Oh wow didn't realize Square was in testing already, nice! Also good on you (and @stickstones!) for finally jumping in on this one too while possible (didn't realize it still was). I also just got my glass core heat island, can't wait to see yours and read all your impressions! Coming next for me is GH and OmniVap I think... I wish more Triihouse gear, maybe some day...

VAPEHUNTER

Prices keep going up....
kGa3E13.jpg

subway13029

I saw it yesterday on eBay for 229?? They are outright price gouge..that's just not right..I think I paid 129 or maybe 120 for it brand new from tommy..I just hate they way they just up and left the vape game..especially with such good product but I guess we are a niche market..I pulled my mighty out in front of friends today and one said he thought it was a phone and the other asked if I was smoking out of a game boy? Our toys are foreign to most people and these guys both smoked..so what I'm saying is I'm sure daisy is even more nice than say a mighty so I'm sure it was hard to make a living with it?? Or maybe they made bad decisions selling vapes so cheap and then sending everyone who got lily v1 basically a second lily if they wanted it or not..good people don't always make good business people..oh well..

nacho257

Anybody ever get a burn mark out of a Daisy? Made the mistake of letting someone borrow it, thinking "what could go wrong!" and now there's a dime sized burn mark on the block with the intake stem.

Can this be sanded off? I've tried to just accept it, but it's still bothering me.....

Prices keep going up....
kGa3E13.jpg

What's funny is they've already ran this exact same scheme a few months back, I was one of the last users to snag a lily from them at non gouge prices months ago. Then they pulled all the triihouse stock (on vaporstore) and put in on EBay at ever increasing prices. At some point shortly before 420 they brought the units back to their .com and brought the price back to a more reasonable rate.. Only to pull the exact same BS again?

While the vendor is "legit" I'd hardly call them honest!
Is there a specific torch that works best? I also heard that certain butane purity is better, is that true? And what percentage is best?

I fancy colibri butane, you can get it cheap on amazon and it seems to be every bit as good as the far pricier vector. A good indication of a butanes quality is how it burns, poor quality stuff will occasionally throw an odd yellow spark/flame as the impurities burn off. I really like honest, eagle/gstar and xing torches. The "power 1300" type that originally came with these units from Tommy are pretty good too, but not quite on par with the rest imo. www.DX.com or www.tinydeal.com has excellent pricing on torches, but slow shipping. You'll notice the bulk of amazon and eBay torches are simply marked up rebrands.

My Daisy arrives tomorrow! Hope yours isn't too far behind.

I found my honest torch that came with my Daisy seemed nice, but after a few refills, it no longer does the dance properly. I thought it was my butane, but my butane is actually low impurity and highly rated for blasting (special blue). I've tried purging and refilling, as well as spark adjustment (spark looks good, still won't light. If I light it from a match or other lighter, it has a flame more like a bic, so something is F'd). Only owned it since January. Bought another Honest Brand torch, cause they're cheap on ebay, as well as a Mr Torch cyclone flame lighter, which appears similar to a Stok brand torch. Will report on their use with Daisy in the near future, maybe the one I got with Daisy had shitty butane that clogged up the line with impurities or something.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I found my honest torch that came with my Daisy seemed nice, but after a few refills, it no longer does the dance properly. I thought it was my butane, but my butane is actually low impurity and highly rated for blasting (special blue). I've tried purging and refilling, as well as spark adjustment (spark looks good, still won't light. If I light it from a match or other lighter, it has a flame more like a bic, so something is F'd). Only owned it since January. Bought another Honest Brand torch, cause they're cheap on ebay, as well as a Mr Torch cyclone flame lighter, which appears similar to a Stok brand torch. Will report on their use with Daisy in the near future, maybe the one I got with Daisy had shitty butane that clogged up the line with impurities or something.

Yeah mine stopped working when i refilled it the first time, but then once I thought to make the flame bigger its been working fine, refilled it again since then and no adjustment needed, still going for me. Big fan of the cheap Power torch Triihouse used to include too

Yeah mine stopped working when i refilled it the first time, but then once I thought to make the flame bigger its been working fine, refilled it again since then and no adjustment needed, still going for me. Big fan of the cheap Power torch Triihouse used to include too
Wish I could say that the problem was flame adjustment :(
No, it's something else. The flame is not straight and blue, like a torch, but mostly blue with an orange tip, and sways with the wind, like a bic. I can make it bigger or smaller, but I can't make it work like a torch lighter.

maybe the one I got with Daisy had shitty butane that clogged up the line with impurities or something.

Speaking from experience with quite a few torch lighters including some bigger pricier brands like Firebird, Xicar and Scorch Torch I've got to say, sometimes you just get a turd. My vapman lighter has acted similarly to your honest brand and it's highly regarded.. all of the sudden it doesn't ignite well and the flame got sort of "bushy". Purging and installing a new piezo didn't yield better results unfortunately. Lots of folks swear by them and have used them for years.

Similarly one of the "power" type torches that originally came with the triihouse vapes has been nothing but trouble whereas the other I ordered has been excellent? (Still a steal at under $3!!)

My absolute best experiences have been with Xing brand www.dx.com/p/pear-shaped-1300-c-windproof-butane-jet-torch-lighter-grey-black-182723#.Vx0hmaAo7Fo , used one for 4+ months and never had a single issue. Very focused sharp flame, ignites first go. Have since ordered a few more all of which have been trouble free, granted not put through the paces just yet.

I half expect someone to order a Xing and it arrive DOA. I can hear it now, DAMN YOU NONDARB!!!!!

Wish I could say that the problem was flame adjustment :(
No, it's something else. The flame is not straight and blue, like a torch, but mostly blue with an orange tip, and sways with the wind, like a bic. I can make it bigger or smaller, but I can't make it work like a torch lighter.

Sounds like the "jet" nozzle that disperses the gas was damaged, if you're feeling adventurous and kept your other dead torches you could likely swap jets. Its usually an easy swap, I've had this happen a time or two because I always remove the annoying protective guard!

Speaking from experience with quite a few torch lighters including some bigger pricier brands like Firebird, Xicar and Scorch Torch I've got to say, sometimes you just get a turd. My vapman lighter has acted similarly to your honest brand and it's highly regarded.. all of the sudden it doesn't ignite well and the flame got sort of "bushy". Purging and installing a new piezo didn't yield better results unfortunately. Lots of folks swear by them and have used them for years.

Similarly one of the "power" type torches that originally came with the triihouse vapes has been nothing but trouble whereas the other I ordered has been excellent? (Still a steal at under $3!!)

My absolute best experiences have been with Xing brand www.dx.com/p/pear-shaped-1300-c-windproof-butane-jet-torch-lighter-grey-black-182723#.Vx0hmaAo7Fo , used one for 4+ months and never had a single issue. Very focused sharp flame, ignites first go. Have since ordered a few more all of which have been trouble free, granted not put through the paces just yet.

I half expect someone to order a Xing and it arrive DOA. I can hear it now, DAMN YOU NONDARB!!!!!

Sounds like the "jet" nozzle that disperses the gas was damaged, if you're feeling adventurous and kept your other dead torches you could likely swap jets. Its usually an easy swap, I've had this happen a time or two because I always remove the annoying protective guard!
I believe your assesment to be accurate, as I noticed the inside shield between the burner nozzle and the exterior body wiggles, and I do not remember that being a thing in the past. I don't have another of this same model, but I'll take a look at another of my torch corpses and see if I can't fix it (or start a zombie apocolypse, w/e).

And you know that
a) I'm buying a Xing torch, now
b) I will DEFINITELY be receiving it DOA
c) I will DEFINITELY hold you personally accountable for their Quality Assurance

;)

Thx for the recommendations, I'll report on my surgery prowess, as well as my Xing when it eventually comes.

Vapzilla

It's been used every single day since I got her. I can't say that for many others, maybe none.

So I can't praise it yet, ha, but I sure do love using it.
It gives me the most, immeadiate, satisfying, tasty, dense, intense, coolest vapor of all time!
And all without any water filtration.

It's been almost 4 months now and my feelings haven't changed one bit from my above attached quote.
Still my daily driver, can't imagine being without her.

All three of these work really well with daisy.
All three are also highly affordable.
The one in the middle rocks, perfect combination of performance & portability.

vaHxcBe.jpg

:tup:

And thanks to @grokit as I picked up the middle , medium size lighter shown in his pic. Couldn't be happier with its performance. Always the same steady stream of blue flame. Lites on the first try everytime, no spurting or popping flame. The flame spread/length is consistent through the entire fill, from full to empty. And it's seldom empty with its super size tank.

Welcome aboard to those just recently getting their new Daisy's. Enjoy!!!!
She's one of a kind!

Last edited:

Yougonnadigthis

I like how it's a portable that doesn't require batteries. I think I might have to think about this one. Who knows if the world will go to shit and all I need a some block of wood and a few glass pieces. Like the idea of the magnets too. Is there just one type of wood used here or is there a variety of selections?
I ordered a grasshopper last year in october, I still havent received it, (its April)
I tried already some good ones that are producing awesome vape. I might just get a refund at this point because if I stick with grasshopper I will never get to have my own vape. Did you receive yours??

Yougonnadigthis,
Top Bottom