Discontinued Daisy vaporizer by Triihouse

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
0542de6af3.jpg
Oh man, oh man
It's a fucking party :rockon::party::spliff:

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Anybody ever get a burn mark out of a Daisy? Made the mistake of letting someone borrow it, thinking "what could go wrong!" and now there's a dime sized burn mark on the block with the intake stem.

Can this be sanded off? I've tried to just accept it, but it's still bothering me.....

Little charring in the intake is normal/happens. Doesn't affect anything taste/performance wise imo, and you would just likely affect the vaporizers performance tying to clear it out.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Anybody ever get a burn mark out of a Daisy? Made the mistake of letting someone borrow it, thinking "what could go wrong!" and now there's a dime sized burn mark on the block with the intake stem.

Can this be sanded off? I've tried to just accept it, but it's still bothering me.....
Like @seaofgreens said if it's inside the intake, don't sand it.

If it is on the surface of the wood, sanding may be possible. Keep in mind though it just depends how deep the char goes.

I have a charred vapman and @M0J0 does them for a living, he also sands and repairs charred units and adds finishes as well.

I suspect you would start off with the finest grit of sand paper you can find and proceed with caution!

Maybe a BLO application as @nondarb is known to do? and should be good as new...

Awesome. I'm genuinely happy you got a daisy, you will enjoy it sir.

Edit: And they look so shiny.....
Thanks man, Daisy came with the bubble wrap markings so I buffed her with some 0000 steel wool and liberally applied some leftover wood butter.
Gorgeous! Nice and bright Cherry like mine, also love your Lily with that little fade multicolor action... So how she treatin ya man?!

Not sure if I made the right move going cherry on Daisy, but that's probably because I got lucky with the walnut Lily and the blond streak. I'm loving the unit so far, I noticed really quick that I needed to be able to see the vapor forming for now. The added distance cools the vapor to a point where its hard to tell by feel like I do with the lily, in another day or two I'm sure it will be second nature.
I suspect you would start off with the finest grit of sand paper you can find and proceed with caution!

Maybe a BLO application as @nondarb is known to do? and should be good as new...
You BLO something one time and everyone remembers it..

Not sure I'd chance BLO on something that's already been treated with beeswax unless you sand down to raw wood. They are both natural finishes but ones a wax and ones an oil, they might make for a weird finish when combined? I'd do a test spot, ideally on something else before proceeding down that route. Depending on the depth of the mark you may be able to get by buffing it out with 0000 steel wool.

BLO is a superior finish however, unsure of why more manufacturers don't use it. Lot less maintenance than beeswax based finishes and retains its sheen for longer.

Can't wait to get back home to Daisy.

Last edited:

Mister G

Deceptively Old Fart
While cleaning my Daisy, I noticed the small metal stem is firmly stuck in the mouthpiece block. (:lol: easy joke :rofl:)

But seriously it is. Just won't come out. Worried I might cause damage by pulling to hard. This happen to anybody?

This has happened to me a bunch. Do one or two dry pulls with the torch to heat it up and it should loosen enough to pull out.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
The added distance cools the vapor to a point where its hard to tell by feel like I do with the lily, in another day or two I'm sure it will be second nature.
That's how I felt too. Once I found my technique to get the whistle going I felt better, but it's still a moving target sometimes because the vapor is so cool. I really need to remove the mp or start using it in a mirror, I tend to just adjust based on the whistle.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
That's how I felt too. Once I found my technique to get the whistle going I felt better, but it's still a moving target sometimes because the vapor is so cool. I really need to remove the mp or start using it in a mirror, I tend to just adjust based on the whistle.
Get a stronger torch. I have one that requires the whistle and that's for low temps, but the mid size torch produces vapor FAST regardless of sound.

Torch differences make this a vape of infinite possibilities :science:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks man, Daisy came with the bubble wrap markings so I buffed her with some 0000 steel wool and liberally applied some leftover wood butter. We were both lucky to snag some

Not sure if I made the right move going cherry on Daisy, but that's probably because I got lucky with the walnut Lily and the blond streak. I'm loving the unit so far, I noticed really quick that I needed to be able to see the vapor forming for now. The added distance cools the vapor to a point where its hard to tell by feel like I do with the lily, in another day or two I'm sure it will be second nature.

You BLO something one time and everyone remembers it..

Not sure I'd chance BLO on something that's already been treated with beeswax unless you sand down to raw wood. They are both natural finishes but ones a wax and ones an oil, they might make for a weird finish when combined? I'd do a test spot, ideally on something else before proceeding down that route. Depending on the depth of the mark you may be able to get by buffing it out with 0000 steel wool.

BLO is a superior finish however, unsure of why more manufacturers don't use it. Lot less maintenance than beeswax based finishes and retains its sheen for longer.

Can't wait to get back home to Daisy.

Ah yeah Daisy all about the visual feedback (Lily can be too with a different mouthpiece or bubbler) I learnt with my buddy's through my bubbler and some tubing. Instant whitewall is easy to gauge!

Feel ya, but if it helps when I got my walnut Lily, someone else got an amazing two-tone cherry (there's a photo in there somewhere...) that I was super jealous of. Then ofcourse I get a Cherry Daisy and its plain Jane like yours. But there is some fine grain work and it feels smooth as fuck without better yet even, so I still dig it very much.

Plus I am dancing the wooden rainbow:
Walnut Lily (Blackwood mouthpieces)
Cherry Daisy
Maple Zion, Milaana, and Mist
Black Ash Burl HI with purpleheart base
Redheart and Osage Orange slide-a-bowl WonGs
Still have my OO Underdog too
Plus Blackwood VapCap prototype with a zebrawood dynastash

I have got to get vapes etc made of Flame Box Elder, Blue Mahoe, and Ambroisa Maple at some point though! Likely more too, some day maybe... Oh man exotic Triihouse vapes would be so cool!

Bizkat

I get a Cherry Daisy and its plain Jane like yours. But there is some fine grain work and it feels smooth as fuck without better yet even, so I still dig it very much.

I have no complaints getting the Cherry Daisy and mine does have nice grain work. It compliments my Walnut Lily too.

I do notice the cherrywood is starting to darken ever so slightly overall (which I'm liking BTW). I remember reading online that cherry will do that as it ages.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I have no complaints getting the Cherry Daisy and mine does have nice grain work. It compliments my Walnut Lily too.

I do notice the cherrywood is starting to darken ever so slightly overall (which I'm liking BTW). I remember reading online that cherry will do that as it ages.

Yes, and wow typos as per usual, I meant got and butter, in case that wasn't clear for anyone;)

VAPEHUNTER

Since I received my Daisy, less than 48 hours ago, I believe my VAS has been cured. I can't believe I didn't get one a long time ago. The effects are beyond amazing. So far I've let two of my friends try it and both times when I started to piece together my "new toy" they point and laugh:lol: saying "What The Fuck?"
That is until they try it, hear the whistle and then the laughter becomes :whoa: shortly followed by:mmmm:.

Looking at the price now over 200 bucks, for the performance, if this were a new Vape that came out today I don't think it would be out of line to expect to pay around $200 for one.

Thanks to everyone who has been recommending this vape for so long. I can't believe I almost missed out on it.

EDIT:
Get a stronger torch. I have one that requires the whistle and that's for low temps, but the mid size torch produces vapor FAST regardless of sound.

Torch differences make this a vape of infinite possibilities :science:

This right here has to be some of the most valuable info available.
I was having trouble getting my herb the dark brown coffee color I'm used to. I turned up the heat a little on my torch and BOOM almost instantly white clouded glass and dark brown ABV.

Last edited:

scottg402

Since I received my Daisy, less than 48 hours ago, I believe my VAS has been cured. I can't believe I didn't get one a long time ago. The effects are beyond amazing. So far I've let two of my friends try it and both times when I started to piece together my "new toy" they point and laugh:lol: saying "What The Fuck?"
That is until they try it, hear the whistle and then the laughter becomes :whoa: shortly followed by:mmmm:.

Looking at the price now over 200 bucks, for the performance, if this were a new Vape that came out today I don't think it would be out of line to expect to pay around $200 for one.

Thanks to everyone who has been recommending this vape for so long. I can't believe I almost missed out on it.

EDIT:

This right here has to be some of the most valuable info available.
I was having trouble getting my herb the dark brown coffee color I'm used to. I turned up the heat a little on my torch and BOOM almost instantly white clouded glass and dark brown ABV.
Mine is taking it's sweet time to get to me (thanks USPS) but this is reassuring. I feel very much the same way. Was looking at this since release and had myself convinced that I didn't want to mess with butane. Well getting the hammer from my good friend @ShayWhiteGrow has changed my mind and now I am diving in with the Daisy. Can't wait!

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
How dark and even is everyone getting their abv? I admit i have a tempestuous relationship with my daisy.. But the abv is almost always quite light. I find it hard to get a darker or full extraction without pushing too far.

VAPEHUNTER

How dark and even is everyone getting their abv? I admit i have a tempestuous relationship with my daisy.. But the abv is almost always quite light. I find it hard to get a darker or full extraction without pushing too far.

At first it wasn't getting very dark but once I turned up my torch a little I've been able to get it "coffee dark" or about the same color as I get with my Vapman or my Hammer. I also stir after almost every hit.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I can't get anywhere near as dark or consistent abv as the vapman.
In my experience, convection vapes leave a lighter abv profile generally speaking. Time exposed to heat plays a part IMO in how dark your herb will get. Just like making toast, the longer you keep heat applied to it, the darker it's gonna be. Since convection devices only apply heat in short bursts, the load is not constantly baking, thus leaving the abv a lighter shade vs a similarly extracted load in a non-convection vaporizer. :2c:

:peace:

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Thanks @Stu yes well aware that convection abv will be lighter like in my grasshopper or ssv compared to vapman/mighty but i still struggle to get an even extraction it often has that speckley colour.

@Farkas thanks i have tried a lot of different techniques .. big flames small flames slow draw fast draw small load big load. Just cant get the consistency im looking for.

@nacho257 yes one of the first things you learn as a vaporist that slow draws equal higher temps and bigger clouds. Seems counter intuitive at first!

I really think mine is slightly defective? Is that even possible? Maybe the inlet (turbulence) hole at the top is not the right size? I really want to give my daisy to one of you guys and see if you can extract easily with it.

I must say i dont find the flavour that great still. Mine has been well seasoned but still has a woody taste (unpleasent not like pre seasoned vapman). Doesn't excel in the low temp terpy hits imo. No doubt it can chase the clouds potentially.

Vapodudule

I want to jump on that the daisy debate among the big and short flame, the whistle and temperatures.

The whistle comes with a minimal specific airflow though minimal speed of the flow to occur. You need a big flame to have the speed to whistle IME. One of my daisy does not whistle hard. The shape of the wood orthogonal intake plays in the turbulences making the whistle. Whistle does have an importance for extraction IMO.

There is a weak mode of functioning of the daisy where a weak flame does not bring fair extraction!

You can have a big flame and achieve low temperatures by lifting the flame up! The temperatures are operated by the height of the flame. But all along you can maintain a whistle whatever height.

You can reduce the speed of airflow but you need to lift the flame or reduce the size of the flame. But prefer to lift it up in order not to reducing too much to affect function and whistle.

The tip of the flame never touch the glass intake. I found really counter intuitive to do it for Lilly.

An adjustable flame is very handy also. If Daisy does not extract well, Raisy daisy the flame!

Top Bottom