Dabpress Rosin Plates

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
How to achieve Highest Yields using your Dabpress Rosin Kit with Cylinder Pre-Press Mold and Rosin Filters

When using dp-pm3015r cylinder pre-press mold and dp-bt160n rosin filters, utilizing a vertical filter build (bottle tech style), we suggest to fill the filter between 3.5-7g of similar sized whole flowers or pieces (0.3-0.5g). When filling the pre-press with more than 5g, it is recommended to fill it first with 3.5g, tamp the buds down with the ram of the pre-press by hand, continue filling the mold and finally finish by compressing the buds fully in the pre-press mold. Dense buds will hold their shape better, and be less likely to expand once inserted into the filter. Using more than 7g per filter is not recommended as blowouts may occur, and it is very likely that the filter will not fit between caged plates or all-in-one hydraulic press plates.

During pressing, the buds will expand in the filter to a footprint of roughly 1.75” diameter. Total surface area for this puck is 2.40 sq/in. Pressing this puck with 3 tons of force is enough for pressing 7g using the vertical filter build. For presses rated for 6+ tons, with adequate surface area on the plates, multiple filters may be pressed at once. For example, on 3x5” plates, you can press 2x 7g filters on the 6+ ton unit dp-bj6t35 . 3X7” plates, you can press 3x 7g filters on a 10+ shop press with dp-rp37 caged plate kit.

The caged plate kits have a limited opening in-between the upper and lower platen, so it is recommended to try 5g of a particular cultivar first, and then 7g after confirming the puck will not be too tall.

Simple numbers to help calculate pressure and capacity per run.

1x filter up to 7g – 3 tons (works for all plate sizes down to 3x3”)
2x filters up to 7g ea – 6 tons (works for all plate sizes down to 3x5”)
3x filters up to 7g ea - 9 tons (works for 7” plates only, dp-rp37, dp-rp47, dp-rp257pro)
6x filters up to 7g ea – 18 tons (works only for dp-rp257pro, please be careful with filter placement on these 2.5" narrow plates)

To use more than 3 tons of pressure per puck may result in filter blowout, parchment tearing or bleed through and rosin making direct contact with the plates (it's a mess!). Take extra care when pressing with excessive tonnage.

Last edited:

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
How to achieve Highest Yields using your Dabpress Rosin Kit with Cylinder Pre-Press Mold and Rosin Filters

When using dp-pm3015r cylinder pre-press mold and dp-bt160n rosin filters, utilizing a vertical filter build (bottle tech style), we suggest to fill the filter between 3.5-7g of similar sized whole flowers or pieces (0.3-0.5g). When filling the pre-press with more than 5g, it is recommended to fill it first with 3.5g, tamp the buds down with the ram of the pre-press by hand, continue filling the mold and finally finish by compressing the buds fully in the pre-press mold. Dense buds will hold their shape better, and be less likely to expand once inserted into the filter. Using more than 7g per filter is not recommended as blowouts may occur, and it is very likely that the filter will not fit between caged plates or all-in-one hydraulic press plates.

During pressing, the buds will expand in the filter to a footprint of roughly 1.75” diameter. Total surface area for this puck is 2.40 sq/in. Pressing this puck with 3 tons of force is enough for pressing 7g using the vertical filter build. For presses rated for 6+ tons, with adequate surface area on the plates, multiple filters may be pressed at once. For example, on 3x5” plates, you can press 2x 7g filters on the 6+ ton unit dp-bj6t35 . 3X7” plates, you can press 3x 7g filters on a 10+ shop press with dp-rp37 caged plate kit.

The caged plate kits have a limited opening in-between the upper and lower platen, so it is recommended to try 5g of a particular cultivar first, and then 7g after confirming the puck will not be too tall.

Simple numbers to help calculate pressure and capacity per run.

1x filter up to 7g – 3 tons (works for all plate sizes down to 3x3”)
2x filters up to 7g ea – 6 tons (works for all plate sizes down to 3x5”)
3x filters up to 7g ea - 9 tons (works for 7” plates only, dp-rp37, dp-rp47, dp-rp257pro)
6x filters up to 7g ea – 18 tons (works only for dp-rp257pro, please be careful with filter placement on these 2.5" narrow plates)

To use more than 3 tons of pressure per puck may result in filter blowout, parchment tearing or bleed through and rosin making direct contact with the plates (it's a mess!). Take extra care when pressing with excessive tonnage.

Many thanks for your professional thread:tup:

Alexis

@psychonaut once again superb and thorough information for us which is so easy to understand and follow thank you, and by all means please keep it coming. :tup:

@dabpress.com hello Roger- I have my press here already!!:rockon: What a service so far.
However I cannot say when I will begin pressing because I'm in no fit condition to do anything currently accept survive due to extraordinary fatigue and current weight loss following a difficult time this year.

I don't even have the strength to unbox it yet I very often have parcels arrive which can sit for months unopened until my mum starts moaning at me too much.

For example I bought an ultrasonic cleaner 2 months ago to clean up some vaporizer parts to sell and I still have not even opened the box let alone started using it. I just haven't had the time or energy it's been flat out simply coping with symptoms and conditions this year so far.

But to put things in perspective the auto flowers are extraordinarily hard work they have to be moved frequently throughout the day and placed very precisely in different locations to catch the sun. They're big heavy things in a tiny cramped garden, and there is a lot more mental and physical effort involved as well which is culminating right now.

So I will need to wait until after harvest before any new Ventures are undertaken. Meanwhile I am trying to improve my condition in order to be fit and ready for my new life coming soon.

The excellent news is that we have sailed through the three days of damp and showers with no problems and now we have full summer returning for the remainder of the grow it would appear. So all in all, definitely on the up I just need to get myself in a better state to move forwards from here.

Have a good day all over my good people. :)

Edit- as part of my new healthy lifestyle, yesterday I took my first full day off from cannabis in over a year. No vapor no edibles for the first time in so long. I can't say I feel better for it but it was an achievement and a mark of my determination to make strides towards wellness and happiness.

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@Alexis Glad it made it to you so quickly! Your press will be ready when you are =)

Our 10-ton SS AIO press should be ready soon, Roger is finalizing packaging and website photos. We think this will be a unit that should satisfy even some commercial producers.

In the near future, we are working on a unit for those who are looking to press less material at once. We hope to have news on this unit sometime in August.

As always, feel free to PM me, email or call.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The stainless steel AIO press looks so nice, Dabpress is seriously, and literally, crushing it.
That's awesome that Dabpress is working on a smaller all in one press too, if it can squish 1/4 oz that's gonna be epic.

Been using my AIO press a lot lately, juicing some outdoor Zkittles and Chocolope. Man this chocolope is HASHY, maybe I'll post some pics. Being able to turn flower into full melt is such a game changer, no other hash technique comes close to these yields.

Bunny

Hi everyone been pressing every few days it’s been great to try so many new flavours. Run out of Sativa though . @Alexis your flower looks Stella will be amazing in the dabpress bottle jack. Have you got a rig or are you going to be vaping your Rosin? I’ve got a mini rig being made for me by UK glass artist Hive glass,so excited about that! I might get a puffco pen in the future . I’m Also making some ice hash next week and will press some of that. Here’s my latest press of Dinafem Haze my lowest yielder of my current cultivars but worth it for the uplift. Still about .8 of a gram from 5 g of flower pressed at 230 on the pid for 3 mins. Not the best video (quite fun to scrub through quickly) but you get the idea. Still really enjoying it. @psychonaut I may have been a bit slow to add pressure and then a bit too much ? but it came out a nice easy to collect consistency.

I love the ease of this press especially after the trouble I had to even get a decent dab with hair straighteners! I think the pre press and bottle tech bags are great and really help yield and the work flow is great. Laters

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Looks like a good squish to me @Bunny ! If pressure is too much your parchment will show you as it will begin tearing I've found, or excessive rosin bleed through in the area where the puck is pressed.

Sometimes you can also see darker colored rosin really close to the puck, I think that's where we're starting to actually press the pigment out of the plant matter by using too much pressure. Not a huge deal, just collect around if it that happens.

I've done some presses where I've slowly squished the puck down over the course of a minute until I started to reach noticeable pressure building, then another 15 seconds to get the pressure where I want it.

Glad the yields and workflow are to you liking :tup:

Bunny

Thanks for the tips on pressure I’m feeling my way without a gauge Good to know I’m on track. Really is a beast and quite intuitive. The only problem I had was bad bag management and lost rosin to the bag. Pressed it again and no problem!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Thanks for the tips on pressure I’m feeling my way without a gauge Good to know I’m on track. Really is a beast and quite intuitive. The only problem I had was bad bag management and lost rosin to the bag. Pressed it again and no problem!

Excellent! Ive been keeping the stitching seam faced opposite the plate opening and also tring to keep the filter wrapped tightly against the prepressed puck.

If you're into edibles or tinctures you can wash those pucks and decarb what you recover. I was getting an extra 4% with my early pressings where I under pressed at low temps. Might be able to pull another 1-2% :D

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Zkittles taffy

Hx52ZrG.jpg

I believe those are the plant waxes coming to the surface. Mine (some strains) does that too.

Hackerman,

Alexis

That's some awesome colors in your rosin! :o:drool:
That's not rosin. It's "Le Rosin" by the one and only Salvedore Dali! :lol: Or is it a Van Gogh now?:hmm:

Anway, I wonder what is in this box which has sat in my hallway for 2 days now while I tackle other more immediate priorities?

Well I have an idea. I think it may be some kind of steam train. For which we are gonna need some fuel right?? In that case better go make some fire first I think.

:drool: This lovely firewood was chopped down today in one whole piece after only 72 days!!:o

And every bud is pretty fully and evenly developed to MAX without going too far or having suffered in any way.
This one Auto is already the best weed we have ever harvested by miles and this is by no means the best of the bunch, possibly the smallest yielder at about just two Oz maybe, but fire stuff (okay I just adopted that phrase- for a long time I couldn't get my head around it until I finally for heck if you can't beat them just join them lol!)

I'm trying not to even think about my press for the moment I can't get too distracted right now just got to focus on each hour and day at a time but going well and looking good.

@Bunny thanks for the compliments bro that means a lot I look up to you actually that somebody I could learn a lot from and I'm sure you have a lot more experienced than me with most things weed related and certainly the grow side.

Our secret is clean filtered and southpole magnetized water plus we use orgonite which is a combination of metals and crystals which work on the etheric or energy level to clean bad energy and promote healthful living.

I can vouch 1000% for the magnetised water making a substantial difference to any type of plant if you use the South Pole site which stimulates growth but humans must use the North Pole side because it can encourage the growth of bacteria or possibly present tumours in the body but North Pole side is incredibly beneficial that's what me and my mum drink and cook with.

And the orgonite I genuinely believe into crystals and energy are real and this is all vibrational energetic stuff we have had amazing results since using it anyway with barely any fertiliser at all.

No I don't really have a rig yet Bunny as such I have a few bubblers. I have never done any type of concentrates in my life and I'm totally green fingered in this whole area.

Which is why it's so cood to have such an awesome bro in @invertedisdead such a great sounding board and friend thanks for your thoughts in the other thread man always helps.

Okay, back to boring life catch you all again soon.

Last edited:

dabpress.com

Manufacturer

ImgBB free image hosting is good for forums.
@Alexis she looks like she'll give you plenty of rosin!

Here's a video of our dp-sc800 (800ml) cannastorage container delivering exact RH with the built in RH gauge.

These buds were left in the container for 8 hours with the boveda 62 (about 20% used up).

Thank you @psychonaut for your video.

Thank you!
Hi everyone been pressing every few days it’s been great to try so many new flavours. Run out of Sativa though . @Alexis your flower looks Stella will be amazing in the dabpress bottle jack. Have you got a rig or are you going to be vaping your Rosin? I’ve got a mini rig being made for me by UK glass artist Hive glass,so excited about that! I might get a puffco pen in the future . I’m Also making some ice hash next week and will press some of that. Here’s my latest press of Dinafem Haze my lowest yielder of my current cultivars but worth it for the uplift. Still about .8 of a gram from 5 g of flower pressed at 230 on the pid for 3 mins. Not the best video (quite fun to scrub through quickly) but you get the idea. Still really enjoying it. @psychonaut I may have been a bit slow to add pressure and then a bit too much ? but it came out a nice easy to collect consistency.

I love the ease of this press especially after the trouble I had to even get a decent dab with hair straighteners! I think the pre press and bottle tech bags are great and really help yield and the work flow is great. Laters

:leaf::leaf::leaf:
That's not rosin. It's "Le Rosin" by the one and only Salvedore Dali! :lol: Or is it a Van Gogh now?:hmm:

Anway, I wonder what is in this box which has sat in my hallway for 2 days now while I tackle other more immediate priorities?

Well I have an idea. I think it may be some kind of steam train. For which we are gonna need some fuel right?? In that case better go make some fire first I think.

:drool: This lovely firewood was chopped down today in one whole piece after only 72 days!!:o

And every bud is pretty fully and evenly developed to MAX without going too far or having suffered in any way.
This one Auto is already the best weed we have ever harvested by miles and this is by no means the best of the bunch, possibly the smallest yielder at about just two Oz maybe, but fire stuff (okay I just adopted that phrase- for a long time I couldn't get my head around it until I finally for heck if you can't beat them just join them lol!)

I'm trying not to even think about my press for the moment I can't get too distracted right now just got to focus on each hour and day at a time but going well and looking good.

@Bunny thanks for the compliments bro that means a lot I look up to you actually that somebody I could learn a lot from and I'm sure you have a lot more experienced than me with most things weed related and certainly the grow side.

Our secret is clean filtered and southpole magnetized water plus we use orgonite which is a combination of metals and crystals which work on the etheric or energy level to clean bad energy and promote healthful living.

I can vouch 1000% for the magnetised water making a substantial difference to any type of plant if you use the South Pole site which stimulates growth but humans must use the North Pole side because it can encourage the growth of bacteria or possibly present tumours in the body but North Pole side is incredibly beneficial that's what me and my mum drink and cook with.

And the orgonite I genuinely believe into crystals and energy are real and this is all vibrational energetic stuff we have had amazing results since using it anyway with barely any fertiliser at all.

No I don't really have a rig yet Bunny as such I have a few bubblers. I have never done any type of concentrates in my life and I'm totally green fingered in this whole area.

Which is why it's so cood to have such an awesome bro in @invertedisdead such a great sounding board and friend thanks for your thoughts in the other thread man always helps.

Okay, back to boring life catch you all again soon.

Good News

Top Bottom