Dabpress Rosin Plates

Bunny

@psychonaut I had a little more to give, but close to max pressure.@Alexis I think a third puck could just about fit. Am I right in thinking the 2x4 pre press pictured above will pre press and Oz. And that the bottle jack upgraded to 8 ton could handle it? I would like to try that sometime when I have lots of product. 2 x five grams works really well. Anymore might be less effective? maybe 3 x seven Is possible? 21g! It’s pretty close to an Oz anyway? Happy pressing

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@psychonaut I had a little more to give, but close to max pressure.@Alexis I think a third puck could just about fit. Am I right in thinking the 2x4 pre press pictured above will pre press and Oz. And that the bottle jack upgraded to 8 ton could handle it? I would like to try that sometime when I have lots of product. 2 x five grams works really well. Anymore might be less effective? maybe 3 x seven Is possible? 21g! It’s pretty close to an Oz anyway? Happy pressing

The 2x4 might be able to support an ounce but it would probably need the help of an arbor press or a shop press to really cram it all in there. I'd give it 21g, using an 8-ton bottle jack, should squish it out nicely!

I tend to agree that more than 5g at a shot and you start seeing your yields drop a touch.

I'd only run 2 pucks at once with bottle tech style on the 3x5 plates, just because the pucks are around 1.75" diameter, that'll allow you room to keep the pucks inside the plates so it doesn't pinch out at the edges.

The 2x4" pre-press mold will be the best way to really max out your material per run on these plates, though the quickness of 3.5-7g using the cylinder mold for personal use is ideal IMO.

Also, I wanted to give you folks an update on dp-sc800. The stainless canna storage with built in hygrometer. I placed about 20g of buds inside along with the boveda 62, it's been reading steady between 61-62% RH for the past couple of days. I placed it into a ziplock bag to see if I could trap any smells that leave the canna storage container, when I opened the bag 12 hours later, all I could smell was the canna storage container itself and ziplock bag plastic smells. If there were any cannabis smells it was certainly overpowered by the other smells.

Roger had also done testing in the factory prior to release with water, to insure the silicone seal was true.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
The 2x4" pre press is really good for fluffy sativas, I find sometimes its better to do 7g presses in there if the puck from the cylindrical pre press would otherwise be too tall for your plates.

I really like how these new pre presses are even more refined, dabpress always trying to make better gear, gotta love that!

That new stainless steel rosin press sure is sweet, awesome to see the progress on that, think I had a day dream about it today it's so damn good looking! :spliff: Loving my bottle jack press, already squished at least 2 oz on it already :popcorn: haven't had any desire to hit flower since I got it, that's for sure. Man we squished some white widow on the dabpress today and it was just crazy good, the terp profile was so intense and bold, lip smacking flavor that stays for 20 minutes. Absolutely a top 10 strain for me.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I'm looking to buy the dabpress 3x3 version and get pre-press mold and filter bags. Is there a discount code for FC members?

Hi there! On the official webstore (www.dabpress.com) you will find the 3x3 plates, if you scroll down you will see an option to bundle the pre-press mold and filters and save money.

https://www.dabpress.com/collections/rosin-plates/products/dp-rp33-diy-rosin-heat-plates

15wl6hy.png

Squishydreams

Hi there! On the official webstore (www.dabpress.com) you will find the 3x3 plates, if you scroll down you will see an option to bundle the pre-press mold and filters and save money.

https://www.dabpress.com/collections/rosin-plates/products/dp-rp33-diy-rosin-heat-plates

15wl6hy.png
Ya I see that but I still want to know about a discount code or something if there is one. I already have that in my cart but ty all the same.
Its telling me its gonna be 40$ to ship it and that just seems high... an when I pmhit proceed to checkout it actually doesnt even apply that discount for bundling the package of 3 times so it's actually not even working right for that "deal"

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Ya I see that but I still want to know about a discount code or something if there is one. I already have that in my cart but ty all the same.
Its telling me its gonna be 40$ to ship it and that just seems high... an when I pmhit proceed to checkout it actually doesnt even apply that discount for bundling the package of 3 times so it's actually not even working right for that "deal"

It's weekend and night time in China so perhaps Roger @dabpress.com will be able to answer later if there are any August promo's for FC members.

If you order off of amazon, and leave your unbiased review on the product, we will offer a free promo item (pre-press mold or dab tool kit) after the review is pubished. That is another option, and offers free shipping for US and Canada customers.

I hope this helps!

Squishydreams

It's weekend and night time in China so perhaps Roger @dabpress.com will be able to answer later if there are any August promo's for FC members.

If you order off of amazon, and leave your unbiased review on the product, we will offer a free promo item (pre-press mold or dab tool kit) after the review is pubished. That is another option, and offers free shipping for US and Canada customers.

I hope this helps!
Ya def man I just want to figure it out. With the bundle deal not even working it comes to 298 shipped for that package of 3, I could actually get a larger press and that package shipped for the same price! So theres def a error going on here haha. I'm in no rush tho I've just been watching the tech improve an pricing get better the last 4 years an figured it may be about time. Another few weeks or months isnt gonna make a differance.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Ya def man I just want to figure it out. With the bundle deal not even working it comes to 298 shipped for that package of 3, I could actually get a larger press and that package shipped for the same price! So theres def a error going on here haha. I'm in no rush tho I've just been watching the tech improve an pricing get better the last 4 years an figured it may be about time. Another few weeks or months isnt gonna make a differance.

:tup:

We have a smaller unit that is in R&D right now. Aim is to have a capable unit priced under our dp-bj6t35 with smaller surface area and less tonnage. That may be right up your alley, especially if you're not in a rush. We hope to have this unit finished with R&D sometime this month, and then the stress testing and finally release should be sometime soon thereafter!

Squishydreams

:tup:

We have a smaller unit that is in R&D right now. Aim is to have a capable unit priced under our dp-bj6t35 with smaller surface area and less tonnage. That may be right up your alley, especially if you're not in a rush. We hope to have this unit finished with R&D sometime this month, and then the stress testing and finally release should be sometime soon thereafter!
Could be perfect for me. That 3x3 approx area looks perfect for my needs, I'd want to squish 5-7g at a time, pretty much no more or less. If I get it within about 3 weeks, or it will be about 2 an a half months are the 2 windows ya catch my drift ;)

Squishydreams

@psychonaut can you give a run down comparing this unit in R&D to https://www.dabpress.com/products/dp-rp33-diy-rosin-heat-plates?variant=48968851924 for me?

Things I like about the dp-rp33 is that it's only 300 watts, and ships out by itself to be attached to a press by the buyer. I can get a shop press for under 100 so I dont really know if its it's a benifit to buy a all in one unit unless it comes in under 300. I'm totally open to it though at the 300 or less mark. No lie, some of these all in one units look sexy af. But I'm not too superficial, cost is my main motivator

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@psychonaut can you give a run down comparing this unit in R&D to https://www.dabpress.com/products/dp-rp33-diy-rosin-heat-plates?variant=48968851924 for me?

Things I like about the dp-rp33 is that it's only 300 watts, and ships out by itself to be attached to a press by the buyer. I can get a shop press for under 100 so I dont really know if its it's a benifit to buy a all in one unit unless it comes in under 300. I'm totally open to it though at the 300 or less mark. No lie, some of these all in one units look sexy af. But I'm not too superficial, cost is my main motivator

Without actually having seen the prototype, I am going by what Roger has laid out as the initial plan. You can read it here -

What is anodized rosin plate kit? How to use it?

Outside of that, the design is to be compact, in every aspect. Compare it to a 6-ton Harbor Freight A-Frame shop press which towers at 30" high. Roger I am sure is designing the unit with insulation barriers between the heated plates and frame. Release promo will add some additional value for a new rosineer needing accessories. It will be our most portable unit.

If price is your driving factor then you will have a difficult time beating a 6-ton A-frame shop press paired with the 3x3" plate kit. I wouldn't steer the budget conscious away from this setup because it really is rock bottom price for DIY rosin press.

Squishydreams

Without actually having seen the prototype, I am going by what Roger has laid out as the initial plan. You can read it here -

What is anodized rosin plate kit? How to use it?

Outside of that, the design is to be compact, in every aspect. Compare it to a 6-ton Harbor Freight A-Frame shop press which towers at 30" high. Roger I am sure is designing the unit with insulation barriers between the heated plates and frame. Release promo will add some additional value for a new rosineer needing accessories. It will be our most portable unit.

If price is your driving factor then you will have a difficult time beating a 6-ton A-frame shop press paired with the 3x3" plate kit. I wouldn't steer the budget conscious away from this setup because it really is rock bottom price for DIY rosin press.
Thanks for the link an insight. Height is no factor to me, table space is actually harder to come by than floor space. Lots of unused level concrete floor going to waste in my basement

MinnBobber

Thanks for the link an insight. Height is no factor to me, table space is actually harder to come by than floor space. Lots of unused level concrete floor going to waste in my basement
................................................................................
Squishy, the DabPress pieces are super quality for the reasonable price.
I opted for a tabletop press BUT never intended to use on a table. I wanted the lowest profile so
it sits unobtrusive in a corner of the garage, covered by a sheet.

When using it, I wheel it over to the work area/ AC plugin with snowmobile ski movers ( a wide base with
wheels used to move 600 lb snowmobiles on concrete). Instead of dragging the heavy setup over, it's an eazy peazy roll
Picture below.
RoCJX6W.jpg

My tabletop press (shorty) was also ordered as I intend to experiment with a "forward leaning" technique. where
I'd put some short blocks under rear press struts to get a 10 or 15? degree forward lean to help direct the
goodies out the front. A regular press which is much taller would be more difficult to lean :)

And just my opinion but I felt the pressure gauge would be a big help in the future to experiment with pressure/ temp/ time combos. Not required but felt it would be a worthwhile upgrade.

Only done two presses so far so very much a newbie.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I've been wanting to try 35 lb parchment paper. Bad parchment can definitely mess with your squish results and make it look like you are using too much pressure. I mean it's easy to use too much pressure also, but bleed through is super annoying with thin paper.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I've been getting reynolds for fear of buying something not as good. So far it's been working great for me. One brand I'm interested in trying is RAW. I'd like to try kirkland but am a little hesitant based on recent reports, seems like the weight is not the same as earlier reports. Then I'm curious to try PTFE with drip tech!

Top Bottom