Dabpress Rosin Plates

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Why does Roger only offer 120+160µ filter meshes? Would be nice to have the option to get finer ones, especially for processing kief, hash etc. Same for the ss mesh: Guess customers would appreciate that, at least for science's sake.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@Hogni I am working on rosin filters, outside of dabpress. Roger would prefer to focus mostly on rosin press kits and accessories (non-consumables). I am in the process of testing a number of different microns and so far the testing is going well, but I wanna make sure the filters are up to the task. These filters wouldn't be sold under dabpress brand, but it will likely be a bit before they are ready. I am working alongside Roger to source the best filters. ETA is unknown at this point as a large order needs to be made prior to release. There are also a number of filter manufacturers out there already with very affordable filters. It may be hard to offer competitive pricing as it seems a number of dealers are already selling very close to cost.

On the subject of filters, are there any preferences on micron size? So far we are testing 25, 37, 50, 90, 120 and 160u.

anasrzi

Is there any more info on the next drip tech version I read about earlier in the thread @psychonaut ? I'm still looking to get the SS 10 ton with a ram pump come November, want to be pressing way before Christmas get the stock levels up.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Is there any more info on the next drip tech version I read about earlier in the thread @psychonaut ? I'm still looking to get the SS 10 ton with a ram pump come November, want to be pressing way before Christmas get the stock levels up.

Last week Roger posted this:

10 Ton hydraulic ram rosin press is in the process, it will be finished after one month later. We have no plan to build up over 10 ton AIO rosin press.

So mid November it looks like, it will also include the coupler to attach a strongway 10-ton pump with gauge.

Last week Roger posted this:

So mid November it looks like, it will also include the coupler to attach a strongway 10-ton pump with gauge.

In what ways would this 10 ton pump differ from a dake b 10? So that I understand correctly, is this a 10 ton press?

ACitizenOfCo,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
In what ways would this 10 ton pump differ from a dake b 10? So that I understand correctly, is this a 10 ton press?

It's cheaper, and has the gauge integrated into the pump

46278_700x700.jpg

There is a little bit of math to figure out the PSI but it's not complicated. Both pumps have a 10-ton capacity, but having used both I can feel a difference in quality with this pump, it seems to not have as fluid of movement when depressing the handle. On the other hand, this pump has some great safety features documented and is easy to operate. Size wise it is approx the same.

The press itself is the dp-hr10t35v which will be in a similar build and form factor as the dp-bj3t33 unit, with drip tech capability. Instead of the bottle jack for hydraulics it will operate with a 10-ton cylinder like what is installed in the dake b-10 press. 3x5" plates.

Once I have some pictures I'll post them, may be a couple of weeks as we get closer to release.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I thinking of ordering the Strongway this week that way it’s here and ready when the new one is released. I know Roger ships crazy fast.

Good call! I got my pump in 5 business days when I ordered on Amazon (sold by Northern Tool and Equip). Are you looking at the hr10t35 (mini) or hr10t35v (drip tech)?

ColoVaper

Science...Whoo!
Good call! I got my pump in 5 business days when I ordered on Amazon (sold by Northern Tool and Equip). Are you looking at the hr10t35 (mini) or hr10t35v (drip tech)?

I started looking a couple minutes ago and stumbled onto it on Amazon actually. Went ahead and ordered it! I’m looking at the one with drip tech, I would love to preserve as many terps as possible. I would hate to regret not getting it and later wanting it. I see it’s already on the website with no pics of course, but ready to be released! Can’t wait! I got some more rosin from a store yesterday that had the most orange taste I’ve ever had!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I started looking a couple minutes ago and stumbled onto it on Amazon actually. Went ahead and ordered it! I’m looking at the one with drip tech, I would love to preserve as many terps as possible. I would hate to regret not getting it and later wanting it. I see it’s already on the website with no pics of course, but ready to be released! Can’t wait! I got some more rosin from a store yesterday that had the most orange taste I’ve ever had!

Right on! :clap:

You may be seeing the old discontinued 10-ton AIO unit hp10t257 pro. The newer driptech hr10t35v will have details posted as they become available. Now you are getting me excited, I have some orange hill special that's drying, I cant wait to press some of that out.

This morning I needed to squish some daytime meds, so also decided it was a good time to do a lil comparison.

How does pressure affect the color and yields of rosin?

I have some autoxtreme that's been in cure for about 3 or 4 months now, really smooth, just not super duper potent. The bigger pheno had way better buds. I broke the buds down into 0.25-0.75g chunks and pre-pressed them in the pm3015r cylinder pre-press mold, using the 160u rosin filter sleeve bt160n cut down to about 3" Stuffed each filter with 5g of buds and pressed them separately. Both pressings were done at the same temperature 200F, for the same amount of time 3m. My pressing room was is very cold right now, right about 35F when I powered on the hr10t35 press.

35n4whv.jpg

* The first press was done at 2500 PSI on the Strongway pump which calculates to 2833 PSI if my math is right (167kg/cm2 * 18.46 (cylinder) = 3083kg = 6800lb / 1.75" dia puck = 2.40 sq/in = 2833 PSI on the puck)

The rosin was a fair bit darker as you can see, 5g in 0.51g out, 10.2%​

nmg938.jpg

* The second press was done at 2000 PSI on the strongway gauge, which calculates to 2300 PSI on the puck.

The rosin color was a couple shades lighter at least, 5g in 0.52 out, 10.4%​

2emhoqp.jpg

The pressing on the left is the higher pressure of the two.

2wmeu69.jpg

In this particular test it is clear to me that using less pressure is more beneficial.

Last edited:

ColoVaper

Science...Whoo!
Right on! :clap:

You may be seeing the old discontinued 10-ton AIO unit hp10t257 pro. The newer driptech hr10t35v will have details posted as they become available. Now you are getting me excited, I have some orange hill special that's drying, I cant wait to press some of that out.

Yeah I just searched for ‘hr10t35v’ on the website and it came up with it. The description mentions drip tek and the adapter for the strongway, I think those are new features. No pics or anything, but definitely cool to read about it and what is in the works. Man I love seeing your presses, can’t wait to try myself!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I tend to aim for around 1000psi on the puck ... I find this gets me the best balance between yield and quality (any higher and the yields don't go up much but the colour does start to get a greenish hue to it ... as opposed to being more golden ...)

Ill have to give the lower pressure a go next run. Ive been between 2000-2500 PSI for smaller loads. Are you increasing your pressing time?

Yeah I just searched for ‘hr10t35v’ on the website and it came up with it. The description mentions drip tek and the adapter for the strongway, I think those are new features. No pics or anything, but definitely cool to read about it and what is in the works. Man I love seeing your presses, can’t wait to try myself!

Very cool! It'll be a great lil powerhouse! Will get pictures posted here once they're finished.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Ill have to give the lower pressure a go next run. Ive been between 2000-2500 PSI for smaller loads. Are you increasing your pressing time?

Very cool! It'll be a great lil powerhouse! Will get pictures posted here once they're finished.
I've settled on 1.5 minutes including ramp up time. I'm usually pressing 5g at a time, first press yields 25+% and 2nd press (@ same pressure yields about an extra 1-2% ... not really worth it ... lol)

Typical yields are 1.25-1.5g.

I've tried different pressing times up to about 3.5 minutes with no noticeable increases in yields ... (why I've settled on 1.5 minutes)

JCat

Accessory Maker
Sounds like you got it nailed down @JCat excellnt return on such a small time frame too
Has a lot to do with material as well ... I've had some strains yield less than 5% ... :lol: ... I've settled on my 2 primary strains that I press right now and that suits my needs and yields and consistency on those are good (and repeatable) :)

Elbuort19

Yeah, althought its great quality it carries a hefty pricetag (more then the pump) so i dunno if its really a "good" option :D :)

Ouch! I have a Strongway pump incoming so the dp-cp390 will be a backup. I figured if it was only $50 or so I'd order one but at more than twice what I paid for the pump I'll pass. On the other hand it might be the cheaper option depending on how bad I get raped on duties crossing the boarder. Chinese pump shipping out of the US to Canada is pretty much the worst way to do it. lol

Top Bottom