Dabpress Rosin Plates

@Alexis I find the Caliber IV to be OK. It's nice that they can be calibrated. They chew through batteries pretty quickly. By the time my buds are cured, the batteries are usually dead (2 to 3 months). I have not had one fail in the few years I have been using them.

@pxl_jockey I always like anything new. LOL I am pumped for a small personal size press because I seldom press more than I will use that day. If I am making edibles, that might mean pressing a quarter pound or so. However, if I am just dabbing for pleasure, I would like a press that would..

1. Heat up in a few minutes
2. Press 1 gram loads
3. Fit under the floor press with my 3x7 plates. LOL

I can do that with my 3x7 press and heatup is only a few minutes longer but... well, you really only need 1 car. Why do I have 5 cars and 2 motorcycles? LOL

Someday I will make a 'rosin press museum' with the hair straighteners and aluminum frankenpresses I have made. LOL

MinnBobber

However, if I am just dabbing for pleasure, I would like a press that would..

1. Heat up in a few minutes
2. Press 1 gram loads
3. Fit under the floor press with my 3x7 plates. LOL
Have you considered the Rosin Tech Go? 13 pounds. Size of a shoebox. Heavy duty U channel backbone. No hydraulics to go out on you??
RTPGO14_1024x1024.png

MinnBobber,
Holding pressure for 2 to 3 minutes on that would be a nightmare for me and my arthritis.

One of my early prototypes was very much like that only I used a 1 ton arbor press. It worked great except I had to stand on it to keep the pressure for long enough. LOL

What's the street price on that one? And, how big are those plates. Looks pretty small in one direction.

MinnBobber

Holding pressure for 2 to 3 minutes on that would be a nightmare for me and my arthritis.

It has cam-over-center geometry and helper springs so once the moderate arm pressure is applied, it stays by itself.
Plates are 3" x 1.5". No hydraulics to ever go out on you. Size of a shoebox yet U channel backbone strong.

A step below dabpress in size but also in price. A heavy duty entry-level option that is easily stored OR easily taken to a rosin pressing session at your buddies :)

I can't believe the puck doesn't squeeze out of only a 1.5" plate. I was a little concerned about 3" plates. A 1" puck will be almost 3" completely pressed.

For a press like that, I would use 'snakes', not pucks. I used 'snakes' on my early prototypes and they worked quite well. Really, pre-pressing simply helps maintain and control the finished puck size. I would probably try snakes the size of a pencil or so.

I'll bet those tiny plates heat up in about 2 seconds. LOL

Anyone actually have one of these?

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Here is the press and hydros.

Press_installed.jpg

So, What’s the Pressure

So, this is a 10 ton, BVA jack with an appropriate hydraulic pump. The pressure gauge is just downstream of the pump so line pressure to the press (note, there is a ball check valve in the connectors...as is usual so as to be able to take it apart without hydro fluid getting everywhere).

Whilst in another thread, I came across a post by @Baron23 about his new squishing kit. Today I happened to glance at the first pic in his post and noticed his pressure gauge is in-line after his pump, not tapped directly into the pump. I’m not sure how/where they’re available but seems like a great solution for some.

This may be the only thing of value that I ever contribute here, so I’d like to get full credit for this.
Even though it technically belongs to @Baron23 along with the pressure gauge and the rest of it.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I will have the SS press in my hands this week, paired with the strongway 10-ton pump with gauge (installed into the pump not inline with the hose). I'll be providing information based on comparisons to the tonnage displayed on my dake 10-ton shop press with gauge attached to the top of the cylinder. I expect there will be no difference to measure but I will re-read what Baron23 had wrote, I'm not sure if I understand the logic behind that versus it measuring the actual tonnage within the hydraulic system itself. Meaning, the pressure in the hose should match the pressure in the cylinder.

I'm no expert with hydraulics, so I leave room to be proven wrong.

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
At the end of the day if i get viable info what psi readings are best/needed for dual bottletek or the
2x4" pucks out of the bigger pre-press i´m happy...but i alrdy seen that it even works without pretty good,
the other thing i want to make sure is that i dont put too much pressure on the system, like 8000psi of 10000psi should be in the safe area right...?

Baron23

This may be the only thing of value that I ever contribute here, so I’d like to get full credit for this.
Even though it technically belongs to @Baron23 along with the pressure gauge and the rest of it.

hahaha

Here you go, BVA Hydraulics.

http://www.bvahydraulics.com/ProductCategory/Gauges/876

the pressure in the hose should match the pressure in the cylinder.

It does completely and totally. And, since that pressure is measured in pounds per inches, that pressure is applied to each square inch of your hydro jack cylinder. (PSI on gauge x hydro jack surface area) = total force. Total force / surface area of the load being pressed = PSI on the load itself.

This is true and accurate.

like 8000psi of 10000psi should be in the safe area right...?

Yes, seems that industry standard is to set operating limit at 80% of max limit.

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
hahaha
It does completely and totally. And, since that pressure is measured in pounds per inches, that pressure is applied to each square inch of your hydro jack cylinder. (PSI on gauge x hydro jack surface area) = total force. Total force / surface area of the load being pressed = PSI on the load itself.

This is true and accurate.

Good info thank you! I am eager to check out this pump with gauge I have. It measures in PSI and MPa. My dake measures in kg/cm2 and tons, I got a lot of math to do lol

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
OK, gang. Here is what I do. I just use my Dremmel to make the hole. I used black tape to seal this one and it worked OK, but I used double stick foam tape on the second one and it looks much nicer. I am testing it now to make sure the foam tape provides the proper seal. With the black tape prototype, when I removed the lid, I felt the 'suction' from the vacuum formed by the seal. So, I am pretty confident that the seal on that model was good. I'll let you know how the double stick foam tape scores.

As for making money at it for a manufacturer, what I would buy is a lot of, say 20 of these hygrometers and a metal punch to punch holes in the lids. Also, a sheet of double stick foam with pre-cut gaskets to seal the hygrometer to the jar lid.

The hygrometers are less than 50 cents. The punch would be well under $5. The foam gaskets, pennies per sheet. This kit might sell for $39 or even $49. The consumer buys the jars themselves (which is the heaviest, bulkiest part to ship with the least profit) and additional hygrometers and foam gaskets could be purchased without the punch tool.

A word on these hygrometers.... some of them are way off. Some as much as 7% or 8%. If you think your weed is 60% and it's really 68% you could be in trouble. However, I have found them to be very consistent. I have over 50 of these as well as some of the higher end Caliber IV $20 models.

What I do is I fill a 1 gallon plastic bad with 69 Boveda packs (that I bought by accident). Then, I place all the hygrometers on the Boveda packs and leave them for a few days for the humidity to balance.

wlrwc5.jpg

Then, I mark each one as to how much to add or subtract for an accurate reading.

Now, I take these and insert them into the hole in the jar (the have little clips that are designed for this application and snap right into the edges of the jar lid).

Here is one prototype....

242a3rs.jpg

30hqvbb.jpg

1zlr4ok.jpg

Great:tup:
I will get my Gauge installed tomorrow, its also an inline solution, i already sent Roger a Mail regarding the cylinder
area of the SS 10Ton...just happend that i read exactly the same post just minutes ago @pxl_jockey :D :D :D

thanks @Baron23 for ur pressure guide, i was also struggling to get a definite answer for that :)

1KG=14.95PSI=0.1MPa
So 8000PSI is 535kg/cm3

Diameter of hydraulic cylinder: 4.85cm
Square/cm = 18.46 cm3

So 8000psi ( read on gauge ) = 18.46 x 535 = 9878kg = 9.8 Ton = 21605 pounds

If 2x4" pre press mold, size of puck 2.57" x 3.34" = 8.58 sq/inch

Pressure on the puck: 21605 / 8.58 = 2518 psi

So I suggest, don't press over 8000psi to protect the machine and hydraulic pump.

$9.99 for the canna storage container ( 45 pieces in total )

Here is link:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G35CXFR

Best regards :D:leaf::leaf::leaf:

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
Have you considered the Rosin Tech Go? 13 pounds. Size of a shoebox. Heavy duty U channel backbone. No hydraulics to go out on you??
RTPGO14_1024x1024.png

This manual rosin press is the best one compared to other handheld rosin press.
durable and best leverage.
Yes, it delivers too much pressure more than other's, but I consider 500kg is limit.

To be true, bottle jack press is better choice.

We're working the inner dimensions of the new pre-press molds. What do you all think of a 0.5" thickness of the puck?

Hand pressure vs assisted pressure will determine the amount of material contained in the puck.

3X5" Pre press mold
3x3" pre press mold

What kind of sized puck is better in pressing?

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
Got my Gauge installed and going...works like a charm :)

2rxwcqp.jpg

I did a squish with a pre-pressed & bagged puck from the 2x4" mold , went a bit over 4000psi,
feels like a pretty solid staring point...here a small vid..sorry not so good this time...used double the parchment for half the amount lol....8g in 1g out ....watch to the end then u see me showing the pressure :) :D

Herb was again Automatic Outdoor, with the full "NO CARE" Treatment package...my last so
u really wont see me squishing in the next time :( :D :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom