Dabpress Rosin Plates

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
The container is a unique accessory and it's very important to us that the issue is resolved with smells leaking. We appreciate your feedback and criticism, it's what helps us improve.

There will be testing done on the various micron rosin filters, which are recently finished, by a group of experienced rosineers with access to a variety of material, prior to production/release.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Unique? Really?

il_570xN.1484031419_e45b.jpg

Alexis

Hey guys. Wow been fun catching up again after a missed (okay, neglected!) alert.
I will be posting this elsewhere too but for anyone interested I have found these hygrometers to be very accrate. I used one last year. Always settles at 62 with a stabilises jar. I got an extra one this year, and to my headache saving relief and delight they are both identical at virtually all x which is very assuring.

So I have genuine confidence in these hygrometers I am using at the moment for the first time in my life I strongly recommend them and they are cheap as well.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00PXRD7G4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
A little off topic but still regarding one of your products is it possible to get the dp-sc800 cheaper as when I add to cart on your website the only shipping option available is the $25.00 Amazon Fulfillment which makes the total crazy high at $54.99 just for one container and the dp-sc800 isn't on your Amazon or eBay store.

$25.00 shipping on something that weighs little is kind of crazy.

I am sorry for that.
It will spend a lot shipping canna-container from our factory, so we don't suggest to buy from our webstore.

PS: I have to stop producing this kind of container because of smell leaking. Sorry to All friends
Hiya @psychonaut & Roger @dabpress.com ! Haven’t been able to post recently but following the news and development of the smaller unit undergoing stress-testing right now. I was really happy that y’all are even thinking (much less cared) about that segment of the market! I’ve followed here from the beginning and thought that I would love a DabPress someday when I could provide meds for myself.

I can’t grow right now and so won’t be squishing 14gr, or even 7gr, in one go. I’d like to squish .5gr-3gr in one go, while that may seem silly to those rosineers with lots of experience. Even if my stash does grow one day, I will still be pressing only for me and as I’m medically retired, I’ll have the time to spend collecting small amounts. :D

I don’t want to do the straightener & clamp thing, don’t wanna torch anything, and so many of the other smaller solutions look like they’ll break fairly quickly with a little use. I think DabPress will do very well with this press indeed, especially if the price point is good, like all of the other DP presses!

Welcome!
Thank you very much! New small all-in-one rosin press is in process, it will offer before the end of next month. it is paired to squish 1-5g with 3x3" contact surface ( heating up by 500 watts, single pid )
Im really interested in this new small press that has been mentioned. Im upping my concentrates game right now and this has lead me down the path of wanting a proper press. Im still using a hair straightener :mental::mad: But for me small is essential. I live in an apartment in a non legal location. Any idea when it will be available and how much it will cost? Thanks:leaf:

Welcome!
I am trying to offer quickly more than I promised.

Item: dp-bj3t33 ( power by 3 ton bottle jack + 3x3" working surface)

Drip tech will offer for this press.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
@dabpress.com
Do you mean a final stop of producing or just a break for re-engineering? Hope the last. The idea is great and I think these containers would have a successful future if stable and smell-proof. I found the hygrometers you are using. It looks not so easy to build them into the lid with a permanent good seal. Guess there is the source of the leak?

Fkn0wned

I am sorry for that.
It will spend a lot shipping canna-container from our factory, so we don't suggest to buy from our webstore.

PS: I have to stop producing this kind of container because of smell leaking. Sorry to All friends

Yeah this was a reply to an older post I already had an answer for and then I saw when it went up on Amazon on this thread I was one of the people who purchased through the Amazon store.

I second, i am all in if u can make them better but dont stop producing. :)

Any deal´s on the now "B-Stock" Units ? :D :D :D

And maybe not a deal on the "B-Stock" Units for me (you could still do that for others who want the faulty containers) but if there weren't that many people who bought into the containers could we/they be compensated in any way seeing as how the entire product is being pulled... maybe with a coupon code/discount on other dabpress products or a discount on a revision if one is made of the container.

But I believe it may be a mixture of the very loose clamping mechanism and maybe the hygrometer lid I mean I have a 62% boveda in the container for the past 3 days and it still hasn't built its way up to 60% so I believe the seal itself isn't that great some air may be entering the container and or seeping out slowly as it's having a hard time stabilizing the humidity.

Fkn0wned,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
By its design the clamp on the current container concentrates the force unevenly across the lid. Making it tighter doesn’t really help. The clips needs to be designed so that the force is applied to the center of the lid.

Let’s not forget the bigger picture. Dabpress makes rosin presses. Really good ones. We are focusing a lot of time and space to this one off “novelty” item.

Fkn0wned

By its design the clamp on the current container concentrates the force unevenly across the lid. Making it tighter doesn’t really help. The clips needs to be designed so that the force is applied to the center of the lid.

Let’s not forget the bigger picture. Dabpress makes rosin presses. Really good ones. We are focusing a lot of time and space to this one off “novelty” item.

Yeah but it is one of their products and I don't believe there is another thread up to discuss it and they were posted on here as a listing on their Amazon store page so I am sure you can discuss the quality of that product as well as their others.

I am waiting to hear on the smaller press they are working on but I am thinking of investing on one of their presses the 8 ton looked nice as did the SS one but I am liking what they are saying about the newest small member of the lineup + if it is under $400 especially if it is by a good margin I might be able to work something out with that.

+ A good container isn't a "novelty" especially when storing flower for pressing purposes because you'd want your flower to be contained well at a certain humidity for similar presses across the board on the same type of material.

Fkn0wned,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I can go to target and find a suitable smellproof container. They are selling it so need to stand behind its function but it’s really not their specialty. I think they should stick to rosin. :D

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
For those on FC who purchased the dp-sc800, if you would PM me with your order # (dabpress.com or amazon.com purchases). I'd appreciate it, and apologies for this again folks.

I too hope Roger will take another look at this canna storage as it is a nice, worthwhile accessory, but if it is to be made completely smell proof, it need a revision. It's up to Roger to determine if any revisions are possible after recent discoveries.

Regarding the new small press, 3x3" at 3 tons is a great pairing IMO! I have suggested for rosineers building their own DIY rosin press to look at 1 ton per sq/in of puck size to insure there is enough pressure on tap. 3 tons is perfect for the cylinder pre-press mold with buds (1.75" diameter pucks = 2.40 sq/in). In fact, it has a little extra on tap so I am curious if the 5g limit is more closer to 7g+ ?

I can't wait to test the new press. My first DIY was 3x3 and I loved it. I moved up to a 4" round later on.

I also have a nice solution for the hygrometer problem. I am headed to the gym I'll post some pics later today.

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
Thank you for sharing @gunmetalshark !

Were you able to source an affordable gauge for your pump? I spoke with a customer on the phone today inquiring about a gauge but all the ones I've found are quite expensive!

ZG 1/4" fitting is done, I will be testing it out once I have it with the strongway 10-ton pump with gauge.

Regarding fluid to fill the pump with, if it is ever needed, standard hydraulic jack fluid from Napa Auto Parts or Ace Hardware in USA is a good choice for purchase, it costs around $7 a quart. Additionally, for those wondering how much fluid it holds, it's 390cc, which is also 390ml or roughly 1-2/3 cups.

After testing, i will attach CONVERTER ( from NTP 3/8" into ZG 1/4") in the package, and then it will list on eBay.com ( without pump ).

Thanks for your support, taking your time :tup:

I got the herb container a few days ago. It’s pretty nice but perhaps not totally smell proof. I think it could use a bit more clamping force on the lid. The thermometer and hygrometer seem accurate.

I am sorry for that. It is my fault, i should make more testing before starting to offer.

Now only 45pcs in the amazon warehouse.

I will reduce price from $29.99 to $9.99, if you still need this kind of container, you can buy it later today.

Alexis

Yeah this was a reply to an older post I already had an answer for and then I saw when it went up on Amazon on this thread I was one of the people who purchased through the Amazon store.

And maybe not a deal on the "B-Stock" Units for me (you could still do that for others who want the faulty containers) but if there weren't that many people who bought into the containers could we/they be compensated in any way seeing as how the entire product is being pulled... maybe with a coupon code/discount on other dabpress products or a discount on a revision if one is made of the container.

But I believe it may be a mixture of the very loose clamping mechanism and maybe the hygrometer lid I mean I have a 62% boveda in the container for the past 3 days and it still hasn't built its way up to 60% so I believe the seal itself isn't that great some air may be entering the container and or seeping out slowly as it's having a hard time stabilizing the humidity.
I dont always have success raising humidity to 62% with bovedas. Sometimes it can seem like they struggle to get above 60% for some reason.

Just on occassion. But also we can never be certain about the accuracy of any given hygrometer so you may be at 62% for all you can be sure, just something to consider.

But for the sake of the argument here I think we can consider the seal may be the actual problem with the humidity level. I do hope a solution and a fix for this comes to Roger's mind in time because this does seem like a very useful product and clearly has some attraction.

Guys Im gonna start my Dabpressing real soon, getting things sorted now and in better shape. Only 1.5 autos left out now (and in for rain.)

Have just been so completely focused on this but I really can't wait to start pressing. I promise I will stop spamming this thread in the meantime big apologies for my OT exploits genuinely no excuse for it know I am really sorry to get on all your nerves.

Last edited:

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
I can't wait to test the new press. My first DIY was 3x3 and I loved it. I moved up to a 4" round later on.

I also have a nice solution for the hygrometer problem. I am headed to the gym I'll post some pics later today.

As you know, i have to test more reputable bottle jack and hydraulic cylinder, now i choose a high-quality hydraulic cylinder ram, but i was told it spend 30 day to get it.

But i think 3 ton bottle jack rosin press will offer in time.

OK, gang. Here is what I do. I just use my Dremmel to make the hole. I used black tape to seal this one and it worked OK, but I used double stick foam tape on the second one and it looks much nicer. I am testing it now to make sure the foam tape provides the proper seal. With the black tape prototype, when I removed the lid, I felt the 'suction' from the vacuum formed by the seal. So, I am pretty confident that the seal on that model was good. I'll let you know how the double stick foam tape scores.

As for making money at it for a manufacturer, what I would buy is a lot of, say 20 of these hygrometers and a metal punch to punch holes in the lids. Also, a sheet of double stick foam with pre-cut gaskets to seal the hygrometer to the jar lid.

The hygrometers are less than 50 cents. The punch would be well under $5. The foam gaskets, pennies per sheet. This kit might sell for $39 or even $49. The consumer buys the jars themselves (which is the heaviest, bulkiest part to ship with the least profit) and additional hygrometers and foam gaskets could be purchased without the punch tool.

A word on these hygrometers.... some of them are way off. Some as much as 7% or 8%. If you think your weed is 60% and it's really 68% you could be in trouble. However, I have found them to be very consistent. I have over 50 of these as well as some of the higher end Caliber IV $20 models.

What I do is I fill a 1 gallon plastic bad with 69 Boveda packs (that I bought by accident). Then, I place all the hygrometers on the Boveda packs and leave them for a few days for the humidity to balance.

wlrwc5.jpg

Then, I mark each one as to how much to add or subtract for an accurate reading.

Now, I take these and insert them into the hole in the jar (the have little clips that are designed for this application and snap right into the edges of the jar lid).

Here is one prototype....

242a3rs.jpg

30hqvbb.jpg

1zlr4ok.jpg

Alexis

OK, gang. Here is what I do. I just use my Dremmel to make the hole. I used black tape to seal this one and it worked OK, but I used double stick foam tape on the second one and it looks much nicer. I am testing it now to make sure the foam tape provides the proper seal. With the black tape prototype, when I removed the lid, I felt the 'suction' from the vacuum formed by the seal. So, I am pretty confident that the seal on that model was good. I'll let you know how the double stick foam tape scores.

As for making money at it for a manufacturer, what I would buy is a lot of, say 20 of these hygrometers and a metal punch to punch holes in the lids. Also, a sheet of double stick foam with pre-cut gaskets to seal the hygrometer to the jar lid.

The hygrometers are less than 50 cents. The punch would be well under $5. The foam gaskets, pennies per sheet. This kit might sell for $39 or even $49. The consumer buys the jars themselves (which is the heaviest, bulkiest part to ship with the least profit) and additional hygrometers and foam gaskets could be purchased without the punch tool.

A word on these hygrometers.... some of them are way off. Some as much as 7% or 8%. If you think your weed is 60% and it's really 68% you could be in trouble. However, I have found them to be very consistent. I have over 50 of these as well as some of the higher end Caliber IV $20 models.

What I do is I fill a 1 gallon plastic bad with 69 Boveda packs (that I bought by accident). Then, I place all the hygrometers on the Boveda packs and leave them for a few days for the humidity to balance.

wlrwc5.jpg

Then, I mark each one as to how much to add or subtract for an accurate reading.

Now, I take these and insert them into the hole in the jar (the have little clips that are designed for this application and snap right into the edges of the jar lid).

Here is one prototype....

242a3rs.jpg

30hqvbb.jpg

1zlr4ok.jpg
Ingenious Hackerman good on you hope it proves to be consistent and reliable. You mentined they calibre IV hygrometers. I have completely given up on their model 3 because it is so damn unreliable and inconsistent and I have never had one that didn't stop working within the 1 year warranty so I don't think I've ever actually paid for one lol and I've sent them all back to Amazon for a full refund from Amazon.
Just very quickly can I ask how you find the calibre IV model? Any better? Does it seem completely reliable I know they offer a calibration kit but I don't think it's anything more than a boveda pack in a bag?

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I find the best way to check calibration is with salt + water (2 Tbsp water + 1 Tbsp salt). If you put the salt+water in a small dish, along with the hygrometer inside a larger dish with sealed lid. Allow the hygrometer some hours to read the RH but it should show 75% RH, if it is then the hygrometer should be accurate, at least at 75% ;)

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Dear Roger @dabpress.com Thank you for the preview information! I’m happy to wait patiently for your team to fully test all of the components to your satisfaction and the HIGH standards of your products. I’m very impressed by your attitude and interaction here, the level of pride in your manufacturing. Please take all the time needed, I’m still saving :2c: to buy it!

On that note, please don’t let the container leakage get you down. I’m hopeful that dabpress will attempt a redesign because for me, a proper smell-proof SS container isn’t a novelty like a torch or baseball cap. That has real value in my world and seems like a sensible product for DP to develop.
It must be difficult to design for our hobby/lifestyle without :leaf:, you guys are doing an amazing job!

Now, dear @Hackerman I know, from this and other threads, you have made many presses in addition to acquiring your Dabpress set-up. In short, the squishing game is nothing new to you so why are you excited about testing out this little guy? Not being a smart-arse (this time) but honestly curious what it is?

One last thing for the experienced folk and smart people to discuss:

It would seem to me that making a quality small press, that both works and lasts, must be much more difficult than a bigger unit. You’ll find companies making AIO 8-12 ton home presses & the massive commercial AIOs, but I have not seen anything made for 1-5 grams that wasn’t repurposed tech.
Like hair irons, or t-shirt decal irons, or George Foreman griddles :lol: Am I wrong or missing something?

I also already know that if I get this small press, I will eventually want to get something bigger and then I’ll be buying more Dabpress gear and someday wind up like @psychonaut & @Hackerman with my own bloody rosin press collection! I really would love to have a dedicated vape/rosin room though. Seriously. :nod:

Top Bottom