Dabpress Rosin Plates

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Thanks for the reply mate. Im very interested. I feel like I could easily waste a lot of time and money on poor presses so this sounds great. Under $400 and small would be perfect. I would be mostly pressing traditional hashes. Im in no hurry. If there is a wait list can I get on it?

No wait list. With the SS press dp-hr10t35, we built 50 units for release and they are still being purchased today. I can't guarantee it won't sell out, but I doubt it. Even with a value such as we offer, the cost is still high for a lot of users. We are glad to have your interest in the product!

For pressing hash this unit should be ideal as you can press a lot of material at once without the need for high pressure.

@psychonaut I’m sorry you’re not posting elsewhere as much, cause I always appreciate your knowledge on all things vaporization. Plus we got that Dead connection, the vibes were always so good, felt like I already knew ya! But I’m glad to see you repping here for Roger and letting him focus on making these products for us, seems like a perfect fit. It’s been staggering how quickly DP has been able to grow and develop so many top quality products at very fair price points. :clap:

:tup: +1 on reaction & interaction, all the -actions! I wish more cannabis businesses were like DabPress

Thanks friend, there is a great support group on FC so I have no concerns that the participation of everyone else is filling any void that may be there.

The R&D team Roger has put together at the factory are amazing, I too have been taken aback by the speed, even with pre-release revisions! Kudos @dabpress.com as I have no involvement in the factory side!

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
Good ol’ gunmetal making me want nice things, like he always does... :lol:

:leaf:

Always glad when i can help @pxl_jockey :D :D

Cant wait to get home to install my pressure gauge, roger did 2 vids for me how to install so the service is rly AMaZING...even behind the curtains ;)

Edit:
Here for everybody, see no reason why not to share :)

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Thank you for sharing @gunmetalshark !

Were you able to source an affordable gauge for your pump? I spoke with a customer on the phone today inquiring about a gauge but all the ones I've found are quite expensive!

ZG 1/4" fitting is done, I will be testing it out once I have it with the strongway 10-ton pump with gauge.

Regarding fluid to fill the pump with, if it is ever needed, standard hydraulic jack fluid from Napa Auto Parts or Ace Hardware in USA is a good choice for purchase, it costs around $7 a quart. Additionally, for those wondering how much fluid it holds, it's 390cc, which is also 390ml or roughly 1-2/3 cups.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I'm not sure if more clamping force will do the trick. My cvaults which rely on a similar seal (triple clamp vs single) have some minor smells leaking from over time.

Perhaps Roger can look at the seal and see if there is a way to improve on it. At the factory they werent' able to use cannabis for testing so it was tested for leaks using water. I wonder if maybe it's the seal between the hygrometer and the container?

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I got the herb container a few days ago. It’s pretty nice but perhaps not totally smell proof. I think it could use a bit more clamping force on the lid. The thermometer and hygrometer seem accurate.

Good to know, I was planning on getting one. I have a cvault that was smell-proof for quite some time (2-3 yr) but seems quite leaky now. I thought of bending the clamps like @Hogni suggests but haven’t yet. I was hoping this would be a better storage solution. It is good to know the instruments are accurate!

@psychonaut Perhaps Roger can send you a couple to test with the appropriate material? We really need to know if it really works as advertised or not. Water ain’t weed, lol! :lol:

I’ve moved back to canning jars in the dark for now but I really like the idea of SS storage.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Good to know, I was planning on getting one. I have a cvault that was smell-proof for quite some time (2-3 yr) but seems quite leaky now. I thought of bending the clamps like @Hogni suggests but haven’t yet. I was hoping this would be a better storage solution. It is good to know the instruments are accurate!

@psychonaut Perhaps Roger can send you a couple to test with the appropriate material? We really need to know if it really works as advertised or not. Water ain’t weed, lol! :lol:

I’ve moved back to canning jars in the dark for now but I really like the idea of SS storage.

I tested it with herbs however, I put it inside a ziplock back for a day to see if I could smell herbs in the bag when I opened it, but only smelled the plastics of the bag. Not exactly the best test, I know, as I didn't have a completely smell free zone to put the container into like a huge glass container.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder if a thicker silicone seal will generate more force when the lid is clamped down?

I'll take the hit for not picking up on the smells leaking.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Whoa, wait wait wait! No hitting is necessary! :D

I forgot about your test. I think you may be onto something with the silicone seal. I had wondered the same about the cvault, if the silicone might have lost a little mass over time?

I’m just spitballing ideas here, I’m not a scientist. As far as you guys know, anyway...;)

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
To be honest, when I first got the container I was a bit skeptical of the single latch which is why I had done the lengthy RH test, followed by my "bagged container" test. My herbs aren't super stanky, I mean they stink! They're unmolested auto flowers, but the amount of resin on them is lacking compared to some beautiful photo varieties.

@elmomuzz how bad does the container seem to leak out smell?

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
Really dont wanna jump in here for Roger but the only thing i consider rly smellproof are the Jyarz Containers...with rly stanky herbs even new cvaults wouldnt do it for me 100% :D :D :D (and i also have one of those bigger industrial line CV‘s aswell)

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Really dont wanna jump in here for Roger but the only thing i consider rly smellproof are the Jyarz Containers...with rly stanky herbs even new cvaults wouldnt do it for me 100% :D :D :D (and i also have one of those bigger industrial line CV‘s aswell)

I've found the mason jars are very effective as well. In fact they get a vacuum type seal when using bovedas and oxy absorbers which tells me no air could be leaking? It's such a small seal, IDK if it's the threading of the cap over lid that does the trick?

I just checked my dabpress SS storage container and granted my house just smells a little like herb naturally, I am not smelling anything against the seal. I wiped it down extensively with a clorox disinfecting wipe. I feel like I am catching the faintest of whisps of cannabis right around the hygrometer.

The container is filled with about half an ounce of autoxtreme which is my stinkiest cannabis. It has a very pungent lemon, cheese, skunk smell. This one generally gets me called out by the wife if I open it inside my rosin room and forget to close the door.

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
I can not tell u why but waterproof is not 1:1 smell proof IMO :D :D :D

2pyxp1v.jpg

tepictoton

I am still amazed how wel jyarz seem to keep smells in...

And for longer storage, or more herbs, I have been using so called miron glass jars...

Hope you guys find out where the smells are leaking trough. Must be tricky designing products for a product you do not have acces to... And yeah, nothing smells more then good weed... Cannot even think of a good candidate to use as a substitute, good weed will outstink anything:lol:

Fkn0wned

I ordered one of the containers once they hit Amazon also and I myself believe the clamping force is very weak as well, I've owned a CVault in the past and that seemed a bit tighter than this I know this is a single clamp but it doesn't even seem to squeeze down on the silicon gasket hard it kind of just closes lightly on top so these aren't smell proof I'm another person in that boat.

If I try and grab the lid I can also pull up on it a bit (not a lot just a slight smidgen) but I have to use some force so the seal isn't to great on these, I mean I also got it for the built in Hygrometer which I guess that seems to be working alright I threw some 62% boveda packs in there but the product I have in there was under so I have to let it sit to see if it builds up to 62%.

It might be in conjunction with the actual sealing mechanism this container has it could be the silicon gaskets thickness or it could be a mixture of both but the latch mechanism on these seems like a second thought.

Not to pleased but not to upset since it wasn't that much $ but I honestly feel like we are second hand quality control testers at this point.

I second the Jyarz for smell proof the glass insert/thick plastic outer and the silicon gaskets inside keep it lightproof and smell proof I have two of the almost film container sized ones for them they hold about an eighth each.

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Thanks for the first short review on the DP container! Seems to need some improvements but the idea is great.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I reached out to Roger regarding the containers, hope to get some news soon. I'm also not pleased that others are having problems with this product. I wish I had done a more thorough job testing it. It was a grave error to test it inside something that wasn't smell neutral.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I am assembling a beta test team to try and prevent issues like this occurring post-release in the future. It's clear that a 1 person test group is not adequate. This will obviously slow down release, but the end result should be a better product. I dont anticipate it should cause any more delays than a couple of weeks to insure the product is tested thoroughly. In the grand scheme of things, the wait is a non-issue, and a worthwhile investment.

Fkn0wned

I am assembling a beta test team to try and prevent issues like this occurring post-release in the future. It's clear that a 1 person test group is not adequate. This will obviously slow down release, but the end result should be a better product. I dont anticipate it should cause any more delays than a couple of weeks to insure the product is tested thoroughly. In the grand scheme of things, the wait is a non-issue, and a worthwhile investment.

Yeah this would be ideal as like you said the factory can't test it with actual product/flower inside... which I believe products that are aimed at flower use should actually be tested with actual flower by a test group.

I mean I'm sure all of us aren't storing water in our containers lol but it is nice to know I guess it is leak proof to liquids just in case :D.

It works about as well as I expected it to from the images. It’s just dabpress schwag like a keychain or flashlight. Improvements are welcome though. :)

And hey now I didn't just want dabpress "schwag" I wanted a decent container for the product while this is a container a more smell proof solution would be better since I am in an illegal state and people around me don't like the lingering smell around the house.

Might be an option to just get an airtight/smell proof container and go with the boveda smart sensor https://bovedainc.com/new-boveda-smart-sensor/ but like I said my other main reason of purchasing was the exterior screen on the Hygrometer made it so you could make sure temps and humidity are at good levels without having to open and let air inside.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Yep, and $20 just for the sensor is pretty much despite the fact you only can see measures with your smartphone

Hogni,

Fkn0wned

Yep, and $20 just for the sensor is pretty much despite the fact you only can see measures with your smartphone

Yeah they obviously have meters that go inside your containers with the screen on them that may be cheaper but that would require opening the container to check, the boveda one was just another solution that could track the humidity and be able to check it from the outside so to speak.

But I have searched and haven't found another container like the dabpress one with the external screen so as I said that was one of the major selling points to me.

Last edited:
Fkn0wned,
Reactions: Hogni
Top Bottom