Dabpress Rosin Plates

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Our concern is that customers may replace the jack unnecessarily and end up damaging their press (especially with European 8-ton models (they are beefier and much larger in most dimensions). It's why we suggest to only replace it if absolutely necessary. If you are wanting to press 21g at a time with rectangle pre-pressed pucks quite often you are going to want to upgrade the jack, but if you're pressing under 14g at a time regularly, it's unnecessary IMO.

Remember, you can always squish back to back, the plates rebound VERY fast and the plates due to the double insulation layers, heat up fast as well, under 10 minutes!

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I think if your wanting to upgrade the jack you should be getting the diy plates and provide your own press.

Only replace the jack if there is a problem. Hopefully there is never a problem.

I will squish a quick gram and make sure mine is still working. :D

MinnBobber

I will be doing some very small loads later today. I just want to taste a cultivar so I will be pressing tiny 1 or 2 gram loads of several different flavors.
Please report on your technique with 1 -2 gram loads (and what press) as my small stash dictates small loads.
Thanks

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Here's a look inside our Rosin Temp Control Box dp-tc02r115. This particular model is paired with the 3x5" plate kits and 3x5" AIO units.

whl40o.jpg

The temp control box itself is fairly simple and straight forward, the bottom side of the box is where the unit is serviced. 4 screws are removed 2 on the bottom front of the unit, and 2 on the bottom rear of the unit.

xasxlc.jpg

Service on many of the components are relatively simple and straight forward. The PID itself can be replaced without opening the chassis.

103dcw8.jpg

The wiring for the switches and plugs running to the back of the box. Spade connectors for easy service.

nwk5mr.jpg

The wiring for the PID controllers up front for heating rods, thermocouple. Ring terminals for easy service.

296dteh.jpg

Dual 25A Single Phase Solid State Relays for silent quick response.

33xg6fo.jpg

We don't recommend to open the Rosin Temp Control Box unless absolutely necessary to prevent unintentional damage. If the unit does need to be serviced, prior to opening the unit, make sure that the power has been unplugged and that all switches are in the off position.

Last edited:
I can't tell you how quick and easy it was tonight to do those tiny 1 gram loads. And, I own just about the largest setup they make (3x7 cage unit).

I wore my gocam while I did it so I'll see if I can edit enough footage to make a decent video. Meanwhile, the short story is in these 4 pictures.

I flipped the switch on the DabPress PID controller. Mine is set to 220F

I took a bud and put it on the scale. It weighed 1.07 gram.

No pre-pressing. No pucks. No filters. Nothing.

I fold a piece of parchment as I always do. (Just for the pictures, I cut the tops off the parchment so I could take pics without having to hold up the top layer.)

I stuff the bud into the parchment and stick it in the press. That's it for prep. LOL

I press until I feel resistance and then wait..... it flows pretty quickly. I leave it alone until it stops running and then increase pressure and press out what's left (again until it stops running). I don't use anywhere near my full 12 tons. IME it presses out waxes and plant material I don't want. You can see I even left a little rosin on the edge of the chip. No problem. Makes my edibles all that much better. :) Plus, look how clear and debris free my rosin is. Baker's choice but I never over press.

That's it. I'm done. Time for a nice FRESH dab.

Flip the switch off and I just pressed a 1 gram load. It's that simple.

I did actually run a few more. I had 3 cultivars that I wanted to try so I ran a 1 gram load of each.

I didn't weigh the results for yield but, as you can see from the pictures..... it was more than acceptable.

There it is. One gram loads with 3x7 plates.

If I remember my last tests, with 2 loads per press and using filers and bottle-tec, I was able to do 8 grams in 1 stroke.

1 gram at a time.... or 8 grams at a time. Isn't it time you owned a DabPress? :)

152lxqr.jpg

2hx3ecn.jpg

2z6tsu9.jpg

2ewh9v6.jpg

MinnBobber

Your fold job is interesting. I just fold in half basically. Does this folded over shape, with sides, help guide the flow out the front? Do you then need to estimate how much width to add to your fold as your bud obviously squished out much wider than raw?
Is your squished puck wider than if you used a small round pre-pressed puck to start vs a bud?

That looks like some really clear rosin---nice

Beautiful rosin @Hackerman :drool: :clap: What cultivar was that, and how much of a cure on that nugget?

Those pics were the first of 3 flavors. ;) Hazeman Seeds Triple XXX. It's a cross between The White x The White x Aloha White. I just harvested it about 9 days ago. So,it was a week in my drying tent and a couple days in jars. Hygrometers say about 65% RH.

The others were Barney's Farm Red Dragon (Big thanks to The Vault for those seeds) and another Hazeman flavor.... Grape Stomper. OMG!!! You should taste the rosin. The Linalool SCREAMS!!!! out at you.

Testing these 3 flavors side by side is so amazing and is also the primary reason that I do rosin over BHO. BHO all tastes the same to me. Rosin is sooooo full of flavor.

@MinnBobber My fold depends on my load size. If I am doing bottle tek or other large loads, I just fold it in half like you said. I like the rosin to run away from the center and out all sides. In large loads, there is plenty of rosin so it forms a ring around the puck and it pretty easy to collect.

With a small load like 1 gram, I felt it might be spread too thin if I let it run out all sides and thin is often hard to collect until it dries a little. So, I folded it like I did to direct it out the front. Mostly for easier collection but also to make the pics look cool. ;)

Yeah, I just guessed at the size. Too big is better than too small. Too small means a side blowout.

I did do 1 pre-pressed puck just as a test. I pre-pressed a 1 gram bud into a puck and pressed it. I did not notice any difference. Puck size was the same and yield was the same.

Now... in larger loads, pre-pressing pucks makes all the difference in the world for me. I get way better yields and much better puck size control when I use pre-pressed pucks.

This is another great thing about these tiny 1 gram presses. The fresh rosin is the main reason but the total absence of any prep work makes it a no-brainer for me.

I am still experimenting with filters so too early for an opinion on those.

Can't wait for the DabPress personal model to come out.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Thanks @Hackerman, those hazeman genetics are lookin' good. :leaf: I will be playing with some white widow, orange hill special, strawnana magic, pennywise, and swiss cheese later. Right now I have some autoxtreme, autoblackberry kush, and autoultimate. None are exceptional yielders but I haven't pressed any of the tops yet so hoping to get some 20% runs at some point! A dear friend in my area has some mob boss I am excited to try, just waiting to hear when its ready :D

The prototype for the small unit are nearly complete, we'll have some updates soon. This has been a top priority.

Also, in the next month or two, we will be working on bringing affordable rosin filters in 37, 90, 120u range. Also a 3x5" pre-press mold. Additionally, if there are other tools or accessories that would be of benefit to you, we are interested in your thoughts.

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Perhaps some ss filters as sheets and preformed welded ones in differnt sizes for all your plates?
Offering your own extra stong parchment paper?
Some rosin scraping tools?
Your own platinium purified medical-grad silicone jars in different shapes and sizes, mats and pads?

Blargas541

Thanks @Hackerman, those hazeman genetics are lookin' good. :leaf: I will be playing with some white widow, orange hill special, strawnana magic, pennywise, and swiss cheese later. Right now I have some autoxtreme, autoblackberry kush, and autoultimate. None are exceptional yielders but I haven't pressed any of the tops yet so hoping to get some 20% runs at some point! A dear friend in my area has some mob boss I am excited to try, just waiting to hear when its ready :D

The prototype for the small unit are nearly complete, we'll have some updates soon. This has been a top priority.

Also, in the next month or two, we will be working on bringing affordable rosin filters in 37, 90, 120u range. Also a 3x5" pre-press mold. Additionally, if there are other tools or accessories that would be of benefit to you, we are interested in your thoughts.

How much can I press at a time with this press? https://www.dabpress.com/collection...cts/dp-hr10t35-hydraulic-ram-rosin-press-kits

Will it only work with the cylinder pre-press or can I use the rectangular one for larger amounts?

I'm looking for the smallest press I can get which can still press 10-15g at a time. Can you help me figure out what I need to buy? Thanks for any info!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
How much can I press at a time with this press? https://www.dabpress.com/collection...cts/dp-hr10t35-hydraulic-ram-rosin-press-kits

Will it only work with the cylinder pre-press or can I use the rectangular one for larger amounts?

I'm looking for the smallest press I can get which can still press 10-15g at a time. Can you help me figure out what I need to buy? Thanks for any info!

That will definitely do a 14g puck. It would work with both pre-presses, you could do two 7g bottle tech bags or a single 14g puck. All you need for that is the pump, @dabpress.com was selling a kit with the pump for $699, not sure if it's on the website yet or not.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep

Vertical filter build or bottle tech I wouldn't do more than 14g flowers (2x 7g filters), mainly due to the opening of the plates, any more than that would require a larger opening for most flower pre-pressed. If you wanna use a rectangle or square pre-press mold, and and really pack it in there, you can easily do 21-28g depending on the mold you get and if you have an arbor press or the like to really smash the pre-pressed puck.

Yes and yes! 7g limit on the cylinder pre-press mold, the rectangle mold is going to be in the 14g range depending on if it's pre-pressed with a arbor or shop press vs hand pressure.

The bottle jack press dp-bj6t35 will press that much at a time. Do you have a preference on the hydraulic system? If maximizing your flower amount per squish is important, the dp-hr10t35 is my recommendation.

Alexis

I know @Bunny is squeezing a fair bit but how are you getting on @Alexis with your press?
Hey man, its still in its unopened box. Ive been in a real condition for a while and am 100% occupied just managing things and getting through each day for now. Im only sleeing 4 or 5 hours and not eating anywhere near enough due to numerous factors I cant help enough right now. Im severely underweight, like 8 kg below what I should be at least.

All will settle nicely Im sure post harvest, but that is the focus and priority atm.

We never needed to worry about having to harvest and dry in the middle of the heatwave they weren't nearly as close to being done as I thought we were panicking about them suddenly going over peak but they still have at least until Sunday to go.

They are ready but lots clear trichs still, very limited amber, just a little longer and we will have almost all cloudy, a few amber and a few clear.
Only 2 1/2 in so far. I spent 3 hours earlier doing a thorough trim job on the Durban.

We hung it whole for 7 days. This morning branches were cracking but not breaking. Just about perfect. Now, get this- this was our smallest plant in terms of the yield. It's difficult to judge of course but I have been pretty damn spot on always in previous years.

I hoped there might still be 2 OZ on it but comparing it to the others I thought maybe about 45 grams was more realistic seeing as the others have got like twice as much or more on them.

I trimmed it really well left only triched up sugar leaves on the buds, snipping the ends off even.

And to my absolute shock there was 72 g dry. It smells absolutely incredible as if it has already been curing for 6 weeks honestly I've never put weed in a jar that instantly smelled so dank and look so good before a cure. I would say that drying it whole has played a big part here. Ive always noticed you get a better smelling poduct if you dont trim before drying, and hanging whole seems to take this up a level.

Im genuinely amazed at the yield. Last year out biggest Auto (Durban) had 86 grams, and that was with tons of leaf still on. We have always had to leave nearly ALL sugar leaves on he buds to buff the yield up enough to last, vaping a lot of leaf material.

This time I trimmed it RIGHT DOWN, have a big bag of stinking sugar leaves, AND 72 grams of trimmed outstanding dank bud!!!:o
And this is the smallest yielder. I daren't think what some of the Sunrises have on them. It must be at least 100 g but it coukd be more. And I'm talking about extremely good quality well developed bud covered in crystals like I've never seen before.

It's all a bit unreal to consider but it looks like if nothing goes wrong from here which could only be the rain catching us out between now and harvest if we don't get them under brollies in time....

Then I will have PLENTY of top shelf product for turning into rosin. :rockon:

But that will have to wait for a bit until the plate is cleared and there is time and energy for rest and recovery and looking forwards.

I am beginning to grow increasingly excited though. I couldn't really look forward positively until I have some peace of mind that we will have product for time to come. It appears this aspiration/dream/need/NECESSITY will be met beyond my wildest imagination. You should see the trichs. Simply outstanding. Pistils went orange ages ago, but trichs are coming on magnificently and still have a little way to go to be at absolute peak.

Damn I missed another alert here, gotta catch up just been so busy. Going good cant wait to join you all real soon.:nod:

Last edited:

anasrzi

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation @Alexis i do wish you all the best for when your more settled with your weight gain, sure you'll be well on the mend before you unwrap your press and get squishing :).

Good news about the plentiful harvest too, think everyone's dripping in herb right now which is just great, people growing and then pressing there own medicine man that's even better.

My friend is still enjoying his glass symphony by the way, given up smoking totally and fucked off the combustion haha :rockon:

Alexis

a86d3136e6fbae3e71bd7b34f283b724.jpg

My latest squishes two 5 gram pucks

430f1515319e77413c3b2cc7f800baec.heic

f1d1c2ed62f765d7a744546785904839.jpg

Mephisto MBAP (Alien OGx 3Bears OG)^

8ef6c7cd7d7285c7ef1b4fb1b9eebf5a.jpg

Unknown strain sungrown Organic resin^
Awsome Bunny keep representing! I have soms serious catching up to do, I haven't even got to kindergarten yet.

Bunny, while you are here, may I pick your brains please? I've been having a really peculiar experience with early sampling of my different strains this year. We had some inevitable bud rot to stamp out last week after the rainy weekend, nothing major just where they were so incredibly dense and thick at the tops and in places and there is no air flow getting in between so you just have to open it up and remove the dying bits you know the deal....

So I have been sampling bits and pieces which we rescued last Wednesday. Broken down very small, and in that heat after 5 days in the past I have vaped fresh but without much problem.

I do have serious allergies and have to make my own meds due to fert sensitivity. In he past ae have produced our crop with various organic fertilizers which I have been allergic to and unable to use any of it. Several times this happened you can't imagine the heartbreak so have nothing for the foreseeable future at least 12 months or suffer unimaginably.

But we have a woking formula now. Im still allergic to the flower and maybe more, but not the soil medium we use. Anyway, I tried the Auto Brooklyn Sunrise and Night Queen several times since.

It did taste VERY terpy. This is all the best bud we ever made no question. I have experienced getting a bad chest, worse allergy symptoms before from fresh weed, like 4 day dry for example.

And also vaped bud a day later without issue. But I seem to react to this as if its a fert allergy. My symptoms much worse and more allergy pain. Just like if I used bought weed, it is just too unbearable the allergy.

This really puzzled me because Im sure I havent had SUCH a big reaction (or maybe just-irritation) to fresh weed before. Small bits,,5 days plus in heat. But it does seem pretty unpalatable, so Im trying to be rational- logically, thiese top buds we saved from dying, hacked up, not pre-cured....AND far higher in terps and actives than ever before...so it nakes sense tbis would make it aggravating and would actually NEED a cure, right?

That makes sense to me, but I also had to consider the possibility that there was some type of chemical contaminant presents in the natural compost or fertilizers or use which I know I can tolerate.

I can't tell you how much it would break my heart to have such an amazing pot of gold at long last to serve only as a cruel tease. Halfway through triimming the Durban earlier I took some of the calyxes on the main stalks which I kept aside and vaped them has a very interesting experiment to see how I would react. There was no reaction beyond what I expect which instantly put my mind at rest and confirmed that it is not a fertiliser reaction.

This Durban however hung whole to dry for 7 days and I understand how this is already beginning the cure. I tested a little bud of the Durban as well feeling brave and all was good it's incredibly smooth. Before I Began this post I sampled the Sunrise in the Elev8r vaporizer for the first time, and it was definitely bothering me a lot more.

I'm telling myself it must be a high concentration of particular terpenes which have not transformed enough and this is just causing unexpected irritation.

So, I just wondered if anybody else has had similar experiences with particular strains or maybe the way certain buds were harvested prematurely and not cured so well, needing a cure period to be a comfortable vape/smoke? The differencd to the Durban is substantial.

@invertedisdead I bet you have had some experinces with this? Just brainstorming really. I should just wait and try the whole one haniging next, seeking peace of mind in meantime.

Yep, I can def feel that irritation. Its like from moist weed, but those tiny buds should be dry after 7 days in this heat??:hmm:

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So, I just wondered if anybody else has had similar experiences with particular strains or maybe the way certain buds were harvested prematurely and not cured so well, needing a cure period to be a comfortable vape/smoke? The differencd to the Durban is substantial.

@invertedisdead I bet you have had some experinces with this? Just brainstorming really. I should just wait and try the whole one haniging next, seeking peace of mind in meantime.

Oh yeah, quite a lot of stuff honestly - I find most Kush strains to be pretty harsh when fresh like that. All those gas terps can really leave ya choked up. I do think rosin from fresh flower tends to vape smoother than fresh flower itself though. I've had a lot of stuff which had too much flavor, IMO too much terps leaves a combustion style throat burn which I'm not a fan of.

FWIW quite a few people seem especially sensitive to Pinene.

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
Any chance you can comment on the effectiveness by comparison of using your bottle jack kit vs purchasing a 10-ton h-frame shop press and pairing it with the plates you've got on amazon currently?

I want to press about 14g at a time and my main concern is preserving flavor, followed by yield and portability of the press.

If I'm understanding right the bottle jack press is to be used with smaller, round pre-press pucks whereas an h-frame shop press could press larger amounts in a rectangular pre-press, does that sound right?

any chance of adding a pressure gauge to the bottle jack unit?

Welcome here!
Apology to answer you so late!

All-in-One Rosin Press

1, It is easy to move and well suited to squish at department or small room. Decent pressure for pressing 5-10g each time. This bottle jack rosin press deliver higher pressure more than same sized impact rosin press

2, Affordable price, easy to use and maintain.

3, If operation under caution, it will serve you for a long time. It is easy to replace the same tonage by yourself once orginal bottle broken.

Build You Own Rosin Press

I consider it is better choice to build you own rosin press. If you have enough room to place heavy and big shop press.

1, High pressure and read PSI from gauge if you could.
2, It works great for 3.5g-24g as personable or industrial use

If you want to press 14g, building your own's is better choice.

To best honest, this bottle jack rosin press is unable to get performance like 10 ton hydraulic rosin press. But it meet parts of customers‘ need to portable rosin press.
It yields much better than manual rosin press in the market.

We have no plan to intergrate GAUGE to this bottle jack. After our stress test, it will be easy to break under rough transportation

Thanks for your questions!

This is the one I was considering, what do you think? https://www.lowes.com/pd/Buffalo-8-Ton-Black-Bull-Hydraulic-Bottle-Jack/4717449

It's listed with a 7.5" overall height, is there something else I should be looking at spec-wise?

Please don't change bottle jack if orginal bottle jack works great. I am worried it will break frame if overpressure. It is risky to this hydraulic rosin press.

PS: My initial thought to replace bottle jack is improving working life if the original bottle jack is dead.

Here's a look inside our Rosin Temp Control Box dp-tc02r115. This particular model is paired with the 3x5" plate kits and 3x5" AIO units.

whl40o.jpg

The temp control box itself is fairly simple and straight forward, the bottom side of the box is where the unit is serviced. 4 screws are removed 2 on the bottom front of the unit, and 2 on the bottom rear of the unit.

xasxlc.jpg

Service on many of the components are relatively simple and straight forward. The PID itself can be replaced without opening the chassis.

103dcw8.jpg

The wiring for the switches and plugs running to the back of the box. Spade connectors for easy service.

nwk5mr.jpg

The wiring for the PID controllers up front for heating rods, thermocouple. Ring terminals for easy service.

296dteh.jpg

Dual 25A Single Phase Solid State Relays for silent quick response.

33xg6fo.jpg

We don't recommend to open the Rosin Temp Control Box unless absolutely necessary to prevent unintentional damage. If the unit does need to be serviced, prior to opening the unit, make sure that the power has been unplugged and that all switches are in the off position.

Thank you very much! My friend!

Last edited:
Top Bottom