Dabpress Rosin Plates

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@Alexis as you may know, we both share some common hobbies, so I can only understand and appreciate your attention to conservation. There is a lot of effort that goes into the medicine, so it's important to not squander it away IMO.

So I have taken to some of @biohacker's tips on weighing out your dabs using an accurate scale by taring it with the empty dab tool on, then applying the dab and collecting the weight measurements. With rosin you can really get into the effeciency between flowers and the extraction by comparing the effects of say 0.3gr of flowers from a specific cultivar, to, the respective amount of rosin that would have been collected for that size dose (there is some math here that is not overly complicated). Once you have this information, you can compare the efficacy of the different substrates and determine how effective it is for you.

What I am finding, the rosin dabbed on a nail seems to give just as effective medicine at the same dosages as flower. The benefits that I am getting is a smoother vapor (I know you will have a sincere interest in this), and also faster sessions. The reclaim in my drop down is also very easy to collect, as well as clean from no bits from herbs.

A side benefit, is the edibles you can make from the pressed pucks. So it is an ever-giving tech designed for ease of use, conservation, cleanliness, and most importantly, simple.

Well, I got to play with mine for the first time. Wow, these are awesome.

I got the 3x7 caged unit and it was a little too big to fit my HF small A-Frame press so I went and bought the 12 Ton H-Frame unit. This is less than the rated 20 ton press that can be used with this setup but the 15 ton is nice and small and doesn't take up a lot of room. The plates fit perfectly in this press.

I own 4 rosin presses and this one kicks all their asses. Heat up was pretty quick. I use a pair of digital contact thermometers (not laser IR) on my other setups and when I checked the temperature of the plates and the readout to see if they were accurate, I found them to be spot on. I was pretty amazed.

I love that they included the bamboo base. I didn't use it the first try but very quickly realized why they included it. Nice job guys. Here are some people who actually used the unit before they sold it. LOL

The plates slide up and down very well with no binding. I don't know anything about PID units but this one looks very nice and seems to be very good quality. The cage unit is incredible quality.

The customer service was excellent on my sale. I had a few questions before I purchased and the seller answered my questions quickly and accurately. Then, he followed up with me just to make sure I received everything and to make sure everything was 100%. Top notch customer service.

The purchase was made through Amazon so I had my press in 2 days. Way to go again guys.

I have only run a dozen or so pucks through it so I hesitate to say this at this early stage but it appears that I increased my yield over my other presses. That really doesn't make a lot of sense and I don't know why it happened but I am going to confirm it for sure.

Overall, an incredible product back by wonderful customer service.

What are you waiting for...... get over to Amazon and place your order. LOL

Thank you DabPress

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Hey @Hackerman good to see you here. :tup: I am glad you tested it on the small A-frame press and confirmed it doesn't fit. Dabpress was wise to include the dimensions of the cage frame on their website to help customers with fitment.

My experience with the 4 units I've used were the plates were always 10-15F lower than the PID, but I never fully saturated my units (i.e. start of preheat to completion of pressing 30 mins). The temps were always stabilized on the PID though, and for at least half of the preheat time.

Where were you measuring the temperature at, and how long did you preheat the plates for?

Lets see some pics! Nice review.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Right on @Hackerman :rockon:

My dabpress is still working
This kushwreck rosin is :drool:

HjGGyRo.jpg

Where were you measuring the temperature at, and how long did you preheat the plates for?

My thermometer has a long metal probe and I just press it lightly between the plates. The tip was pretty much in the center of the plates.

I measured them after I pressed a handful of pucks so it was well into it and they should have been 100% heat saturated by then.

Definitely use the bamboo base. Otherwise, the heat from the bottom plate will be lower than the top simply because heat keeps 'leaking' out of the bottom plate via the cage base/press table contact.

I also used the silicone mat underneath. I don't think it was really required but it looks cool. LOL

I can't wait to start pressing some experiments. These plates are about twice as big as I have had and I can't wait to make some bigger presses. Albeit, my puck maker is round and I don't think round is optimal for 3x7. I think I am going to with worms. LOL Maybe dragons. LOL

I also have a new idea for filters so I can't wait to try that. I have some plain silkscreen cloth that I tested and works great for a filter. I have many yards of this and I can experiment with a whole new plethora of sizes and shapes, now.

The only problem I have is what to do with all the rosin. LOL I Just ate a gram so that's a start. LOL

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Ok that makes complete sense. You have had a much longer session that mine. The most presses I've done back to back were 3! Because I was starting to wonder what to do with all the rosin :shrug: I ended up giving 3 grams of it to my step-son.

Cool idea with the silkscreen cloth. I've seen that done by some plate manufacturers doing massive pucks. They just wrapped the rectangle puck in the silkscreen and cut it down to size and folded it nice and neatly. Rosin rivers flowing from all those nugs. :D

I agree the bamboo is really a must, if someone is not using it, that's a real shame! It does great to insulate the workplate below and it's a fantastic buffer so the press doesn't actually get hot at all.

Have you thought about using a 2.5x3.5" filter or whatever you can cut down to about that size, something that will press down to 2" round puck. Use 3 of those in the 3x7 plates for a total of 10.5-21g (assuming you load 3.5 or 7g per puck), I think that would do quite well if you space them properly. 3x 2" round footprints.

ggEOo7r.jpg

That was definitely one of the ways I was going to try. I think with the cloth I can control where the flow goes. With my previous setup all rosin went OUT away from the center in a starburst. I think I can use the cloth to send the flow all one direction.

Probably about the same yield but I am hoping collection might be a little easier.

I'll open an account on imgur so I can post some pics.

Grifo

I still havent used mine. I blew a deal online on craigslist for a HF 12ton for 60 bucks cause i low balled him. But i decided im just gonna save up for a dake 10 ton bench press.

MonkeyTime

G'morning guys, been lurking for a while and just begun my dabbling (pun intended) into rosin.

I jumped the gun and bought a small press like this...

OfTfgHP.jpg

It works, and I may buy a gauge to see where I'm at for pressure before anything else, but.....

I'm getting itchy reading here and the 3"x5" caged are calling me and running low on Amazon!

Is a 20T overkill or even worth it for those plates, or should I just find a 12T. I'm afraid to short change myself again lol.

The DabPress cage is rated for 20 tons so if you have the room and the money, I would probably go with the 20 ton. However, the 12 ton will do everything that needs done. I was using an 8 ton with my old plates and it worked fine.

I don't believe total tonnage ability is all so important. I'm sure there is a point of diminishing return but I have done great presses with smaller presses.

I am currently using a 12 ton with the 3x7 caged plates and it's working great. I would have gone with the 20 ton but the 20 ton is 27" wide and the 12 ton was only 20" wide. The space I had available was 22" so.... my decision was made for me. LOL

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
How much are you aiming to press at once @MonkeyTime ?

3x5"pairs really well with a 12 ton press, 3x7 with a 20 ton. Either of those configurations will make sure you have enough tonnage to max your plates out with enough PSI across the pressed puck.

Using less surface area will take less pressure so you will always have plenty.

You can go less tonnage, just be mindful of your puck size. A press with a gauge is handy but not necessary.

EDIT: Those t-shirt presses unfortunately never did deliver as much force as required for most efforts w/o having pre-presses and such to keep your puck size small enough, even then I suspect they can't deliver the pressure needed (at least 1500 PSI for effective flower squishing)

Part of the reason I had wrote up what I did at the top of this page was so that people could see, even with a 3x3 plates, you can easily harvest enough rosin for a single family home.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/w...-kit-how-to-use-it.26087/page-17#post-1250653

It's very affordable too, with a 6-ton A-fram HF press, you're looking at cheaper than those t-shirt presses and most importantly, effective so you will be content with your efforts.

The biggest problem with rosin tech outside of the price to get started (not anymore, thank you Roger @dabpress.com), but also having enough pressure to use the plates. It is not good enough to have large plates if you don't have the right pressure to pair with it.

EDITEDIT: BTW I just noticed that dabpress plates are being offered on DHGate. Excellent news for international customers! There are coupons as well. DHL and FedEx International Shipping, USPS for Domestic US.

Dabpress Tech on DHGate - https://www.dhgate.com/store/dabpresstech

Last edited:

mixchu69

I was a lil hesitant about buying plates and the need to mount on press (I'm not DIY type of guy), but after watching @psychonaut video on the dp33, how to install on his Dake 10, not too intimidated. That was a great video and think you should post it here for others who do not like DIY. A great resource to the forum.

MinnBobber

I was a lil hesitant about buying plates and the need to mount on press (I'm not DIY type of guy), but after watching @psychonaut video on the dp33, how to install on his Dake 10, not too intimidated. That was a great video and think you should post it here for others who do not like DIY. A great resource to the forum.
X2. His videos are great. IMO, the caged system makes a huge difference cuz you just drop the unit into the press.
The worst part of this DIY project is assembling the press and hoping your hydraulic press survives the shipping trauma/gets to you in workable condition :) Pics of hydraulic press unpacking later

The dabpress pieces arrive in flawless condition- I'm going to do a post later with pics. They have best packaging protection of all time :)

Doktor Dub

X2. His videos are great. IMO, the caged system makes a huge difference cuz you just drop the unit into the press.
The worst part of this DIY project is assembling the press and hoping your hydraulic press survives the shipping trauma/gets to you in workable condition :) Pics of hydraulic press unpacking later

The dabpress pieces arrive in flawless condition- I'm going to do a post later with pics. They have best packaging protection of all time :)

Have fun squishing & i hope you get great results - pics are always welcome :clap:

Would you share your order / shipping / customs experience if not in the US? I sooo wait for @dabpress.com to offer these on amazon.de or another european country....

Have a great day!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I will ask my friend that makes it. Last I checked I was yielding right at 80%.

Thanks, that sounds like some good hash :rockon: I've been mulling pressing hash or sift for a minute, seems like an easy process especially with your clear video showing the pressures and timing. My problem has always been taking the time to do a good job. The dry sift method looks a little more my speed!

@Doktor Dub what are your thoughts on ordering through DHGate? DHL or FedEx International, my experience with DHL or FedEx customs inbound to US is pretty good and fast actually.

Copied from DHGate, perhaps helpful for EU customers still waiting for regional distribution.

Shipment
All Shipments will be sent out via 2-12 business days international express.​
We will ship out the item in time after the payment confirmed by DHgate!
Work: Monday - Saturday (excluding holidays)
Important: We ship to your DHgate payment address ONLY. Please confirm it before payment.
We will mark the parcel as sample to help you lower the high customs tax.

Customs & Import Tax
Import tax can be imposed by local governments as a duty to the importer for bringing in a product from outside its country.​

Normally, we will declare the lower price for custom, so customers no need to pay so much tax fee.

It depends on the addresse of the parcel.

Return Policy
Having received the returned shipment, we will notify the customer via email and provide the following options:​

1. Re-shipment: Customer would be liable for the cost of reshipping the merchandise. This cost may be vary depending on the size and weight of shipment.

2. Refund: Customer can request a refund but a percentage of the original payment would be subtracted to cover shipping and handling charges.

psychonaut,

MinnBobber

I will ask my friend that makes it. Last I checked I was yielding right at 80%.
Hi,
I am totally clueless as to how you'd get rosin with no pressure.....how does that work? Does it only work for hash?
Thanks
Newbie to rosin tech :)

MinnBobber,

MinnBobber

Have fun squishing & i hope you get great results - pics are always welcome :clap:
OK, I'll post a couple still pics as I can handle that. Video to come later--- :)

dabpress shipping pictures:
Caged 3 x 5 was double boxed and even the outer box was perfect. It had crumbled paper inner protection and then the inner box.
Inner box had a fitted, closed cell 2-piece shell to totally protect the pieces. AND, extra closed cell material on top of the caged and in between the plates.
This complete packaging looked like it could withstand a 3 story drop.... There is nothing worse than getting a valuable package and finding your new "goods" are damages and you have to go thru that hassle. This level of detail to packaging was much appreciated!
Gorgeous kit!

q0VqoNR.jpg

iileOd9.jpg

..............................................................................................................................................
Comparison to how the NorthernTool hydraulic press arrived AKA "tornado in a box": single box had one end torn and insides looked like hell. Luckily no serious damage.

PTl76um.jpg

elmomuzz

That just happened...
Hi,
I am totally clueless as to how you'd get rosin with no pressure.....how does that work? Does it only work for hash?
Thanks
Newbie to rosin tech :)

There was some pressure but not enough to register on the gauge. It's very easy to press rosin from hash. You could probably squeeze the plates by hand and some rosin would flow. Ouch hot though. :D

dabpress.com

Manufacturer

Would you share your order / shipping / customs experience if not in the US? I sooo wait for @dabpress.com to offer these on amazon.de or another european country....

Have a great day!

I am planning to build warehouse in Europe.
But it is really complicated currently, we MUST apply VAT before starting to sell.

In fact, you can buy from our website with free shipping. You have to pay about $20 custom duty with our samples invoice.

Thank you for your understand

Roger

Top Bottom