Dabpress Rosin Plates

Grifo

i really wanted the 3x5 since i plan on squishing small amounts at a time, but i believe there was some sort of lightening deal cause i literally only had 8 minutes to order. Anyways seems like poeple are doing fine with small nug runs.

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
Well, that's is getting darn close to where I would buy one.... even though I already have 3 presses. LOL

I love these cage setups and the DP units look very very nice. I'm not sure it will fit in my press.

@dabpress.com What are the overall dimensions of the entire dp-rp37 unit INCLUDING the wires sticking out the side? My press only has a mouth 19" wide x 5" high. I don't think it will fit. Thanks

Dimension of dp-rp37 (length,width,height)10.5x3.5x4.4"

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
i really wanted the 3x5 since i plan on squishing small amounts at a time, but i believe there was some sort of lightening deal cause i literally only had 8 minutes to order. Anyways seems like poeple are doing fine with small nug runs.

@Grifo we are invited to lightning deal, without 3x5" plates.
you do want caged plates of dp-rp35s, as FC family, you'll share 15% money off with amazon coupon.

If you are interested with dp-rp35s, please contact with us for coupon

Thank you

Roger

Grifo

@Grifo we are invited to lightning deal, without 3x5" plates.
you do want caged plates of dp-rp35s, as FC family, you'll share 15% money off with amazon coupon.

If you are interested with dp-rp35s, please contact with us for coupon

Thank you

Roger
its okay ill keep the 3x7 ive seen people use it with small amounts of flower at a time with great results

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
For that price, it is nearly a steal @Grifo , nice score! I am sure you will be pressing some amazing rosin with your plates. I use mine all the time for 3.5g. It's a great way to learn a lot about rosin IMO.

Today I did a fun pressing. My step-son is moving to a new state so I decided to make sure he had some nice rosin to enjoy before he left. We pressed 7g of flowers using a 160u filter (vertical filter build/bottle tech), 5 strains mix (cuvee, strawnana berry, djc, special tangerines and skunk xxx), the resulting rosin was nothing short of incredible. Right at about 20% yield, 190F for 2.5 mins. About 50% of the rosin flowed off the plates, the rest stayed under the plates but remained relatively sappy, no shatters.

skube

I've been browsing this forum for a few months.I finally decided to join.I received an Amazon coupon from Roger and purchased the 3x5 cage.It should arrive tomorrow.I purchased the HF 12 ton press.I don't have much faith in China bottle jacks,(and I wanted a gauge)so I purchased a better bottle jack.I got a Norco 12 ton and also purchased the gauge.US Jacks didn't offer a gauge from what I could find.The Norco and gauge cost about three times the price of the HF press.The gauge cost more than the bottle jack.I also plan on welding the HF press together.It will be a couple of weeks before I have time to get this up and running.I can't wait.

I some how got a 3x7 caged kit for $275.31 i could even have gotten it today but im too lazy to pick it up haha

Yeah, I thought so.... that was a mistake. I think the total discount was supposed to be 20%, not 30% so they fixed it and that deal is gone gone gone.

To bad, for $275, I would have bought one. Best deal now is total 20% off for a price that still over $300.

Grifo

Yeah, I thought so.... that was a mistake. I think the total discount was supposed to be 20%, not 30% so they fixed it and that deal is gone gone gone.

To bad, for $275, I would have bought one. Best deal now is total 20% off for a price that still over $300.
yeah idk but I jumped on it. Does it smell when you guys press rosin?

Grifo,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
dayum... might be a while till i get to use it then unless i can get power in the garage.

Carbon filter hooked to a inline fan will do the trick, open a window with a box fan pointed outward will help too. IDK what your situation is but those methods will help, the carbon scrubber will have the room clean fairly quickly.

Something like this
https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-Inline-Control-Australia-Charcoal/dp/B01EV10FI0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1525136194&sr=8-3&keywords=6"+carbon+filter+inline+fan

814W1jNanIL._SL1500_.jpg

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
@Roger, your caged plates seem not to be insulated, am I right? Do you have one with insulation and which material do you use for?

Right, insulated FR4 material is not very useful after one hour working. I will follow your suggestion and test it out.

Thank you and best regards,

Roger

Last edited:
dabpress.com,
Reactions: Hogni

MonkeyTime

Carbon filter hooked to a inline fan will do the trick, open a window with a box fan pointed outward will help too. IDK what your situation is but those methods will help, the carbon scrubber will have the room clean fairly quickly.

Something like this
https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-Inline-Control-Australia-Charcoal/dp/B01EV10FI0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1525136194&sr=8-3&keywords=6"+carbon+filter+inline+fan

814W1jNanIL._SL1500_.jpg
Hey @Grifo , as usual, he's spot on, I'll just say that if you're only using for pressing, use a small room or a grow tent and the 4"option is plenty! 6" is for a grow room, it's running much more and you don't have to replace it as often as the charcoal is burned out. 4" with even an average fan and then you don't have to worry, no one will be the wiser.

Or that's what I read somewhere :razz:

Grifo

GF is in nursing school and id be pressing in the same room she studies in. I dont wanna have her smelling like weed ill just have t o press when shes not around. The grow tent idea might come in handy later though.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Look forward to seeing your efforts! Good man, wise move. It is a quick process and you can run an ounce of flowers in a matter of minutes. No time like the right time =)

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
thanks! ive never pressed rosin before so its gonna be fun haha

Crushing nugs like higher education crushes parking lots! :clap: Definitely try a 190F squish, seeing really beautiful results at these temps for flower. If I can give you some advise on material selection, search out the denser nugs, they seem to be the better yielders.

Grifo

Crushing nugs like higher education crushes parking lots! :clap: Definitely try a 190F squish, seeing really beautiful results at these temps for flower. If I can give you some advise on material selection, search out the denser nugs, they seem to be the better yielders.
i used to load ammo and i loved the process this should be almost the same concept lol

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Been looking around at prices for shop presses, 20T+. Seems 20T is about the cutoff point for a press that's "affordable"

A bit more than the Dake B-10, same form factor, twice the tonnage

Strongway 20T benchtop w/gauge and pump
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200641795_200641795

30T+ models get up around 4 digits :o And they start to change from manual hydraulics to air/hydraulics.

The dp-rp257 pro which has a total surface area of 35 sq/in so need at least 30 tons to effectively use this press maxed out for flower presses. Seems this is truely a hash press where you can pair it with a low tonnage such as a Dake B-10 and press out sift/kief/hash effectively.

Here's my review of the dp-rp257 pro kit.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I've received some member inquiries regarding budget setups, looking for the best priced combos. Here's a current breakdown on the lowest price presses with their respective kits based on surface area. Obviously a larger press can be used but I would not recommend anything below the tonnage paired with the kits (unless you are pressing hash or sift)

Please keep in mind this is all based on doing 3.5-7g vertical filter builds, bottle tech style. Each filter having a 2" round footprint. To simplify the calculations, each 2" puck takes 2.6T (to achieve 1700 PSI) of pressure to effectively press flowers.

3x3" (9 sq/in) great for personal or single family use. Single puck. 7g flowers
dp-rp33 paired with Central Machinery 6-ton A-frame benchtop press @ Harbor Freight
$199 + 78 = $277

* Maxing out the 3x3" plates with a square puck will require more tonnage to hit 1700 PSI, so you may want to pair with a 10-ton unit for maximum material.​

3x5" (15 sq/in) great for single family use or smaller commercial operations. Dual pucks. 14g flowers
dp-rp35 / dp-rp35s pairs perfectly with Central Hydraulics 12-ton H-frame floor standing press @ Harbor Freight
$249-349 + $129 = $378-478

3x7" (21 sq/in) great for commercial operations. Triple pucks. 21g flowers
dp-rp37 paired with Central Machinery 20-ton H-frame floor standing press @ Harbor Freight
$399 + $190 = $589

* A 10 or 12-ton press will work if you do not max out your plates with a rectangle filter build on the 3x7" plates. If only squishing triple pucks you only need about 8 tons of pressure.​

2.5x7" x2 (35 sq/in) great for hash/sift pressers. Dual rectangle filters for hash/sift pressing at low pressure or Quad pucks. 28g flowers
dp-rp257 pro paired with Central Machinery 20-ton H-frame floor standing press @ Harbor Freight
$499 + $190 = $689

* This press would require 40+ ton shop press to press the maximum amount of flowers effectively on these quad 2.5x7" plates. These are massive shop presses (500+ lbs) and quite expensive which is why I show a 20-ton press for this kit. A 20-ton unit would suit flowers and hash well, assuming you are not utilizing the full surface area of the plates and a pre-press for flowers. It would also fit in most spaces, unlike a 30 ton+ unit. If you want to do that, you will need to shop around for a 40+ ton press within your budget as they are upwards of $1000+
Hopefully this will help folks with their decision, I dont think this price can be beat outside of sourcing your own parts and DIY'ing your own setup like @JCat and others.

Also these press distributors will often times have coupons or sales, so if you are in the planning stage, check the websites occasionally and see if they have coupons or sales, including free shipping.

US based press distributors
Harbor Freight - https://www.harborfreight.com
Northern Tool & Equipment - https://www.northerntool.com/
Grainger - https://www.grainger.com/
Ebay - https://www.ebay.com
Redline - https://www.redlinestands.com
Walmart - https://www.walmart.com

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Glad to help brother. I think a lot of people are intimidated by rosin because most of the manufacturers out there are asking outrageous sums of money for their setup. A quick shop around on google and you will see how expensive this tech is. Not with Dabpress!

I was surprised at the cost of the low end unit. Not only is it a benchtop setup, and somewhat portable. I dont think that price can be matched. It is quite a powerhouse even at 3x3" ! An individual could provide for his or her own medicine along with a spouse or a couple of room-mates just doing a couple of pressings in a week.

Alexis

Very interesting @psychonaut thanks. I am destined to venture towards rosin to see if it helps my allergies. I am sure it will be far better tolerated than flowers.
However I like to do things properly. And ideally with equipment that ensures success, yield in particular too in this case. I dont have confidence using my brain, body, senses and intuition to do tasks where the outcome is down to my own ability.

Like basic food cooking, you wouldnt believe how much I struggle, in a mental sense, to cook simple foods right like porridge, rice etc. My point- so I wasn't keen on just grabbing hair straighteners. I felt (maybe wrongly) that it would be easier for me to cock it up than with a proper setup, which I assumed would cost thou'.

And I like to do it properly. I would need to properly research this stuff a bit. Tbh though, my only real apprehension is making my supply last. I feel I would go through it faster this way, can just see it happening, and Im forever insecure about a failing summer crop and no more herb in sight that Im not allergic to.

UK is still at least 3 years off big movement, although I could see major, surprise unexpected changes within 2 years. Quote me.;)

Haha. So cheers bro. You know your stuff and always give great info which we all know is unbiased and intended to help. Wish me luck on supply security and I will be delving these ways.:tup:

Top Bottom