Dabpress Rosin Plates

DogBoy

know fear
...not to further derail the topic but the puck issue is one I just realized could bite us all...

...we might not consider them but the pigs apparently do...!!!...

...I am not allowed to possess more than 2.5 oz of weed per month here...

...I can see how one could rapidly acquire more than that amount of pucks...

My temps were spot on (within 2-3*) when I last checked. Either your measuring instruments are off, or your temps are just out of calibration. If the later and you know your temp variation, simply accommodate for the variation and you should be able to dial in some consistent results.

@mega~ that is some scary shit! Production brings on all sorts of issues, even in the states [I wouldn't fuck with it outside of a legal state]. Glad you got off with just a wrist slap!

...this has likely been covered, but how does one calibrate...???...

Last edited:

MegaMan2k

Anyone here ever came to any conclusion with the Temp variations?

I set mine to 70c and i pretty much get the same results i got from my old PID but on 90c xD

I dunno which one is off but this one def seems to go hotter than it states on the display-

What is recommended for measuring? if i want to get into the details at some point? :-D

MegaMan2k,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Anyone here ever came to any conclusion with the Temp variations?

I set mine to 70c and i pretty much get the same results i got from my old PID but on 90c xD

I dunno which one is off but this one def seems to go hotter than it states on the display-

What is recommended for measuring? if i want to get into the details at some point? :-D

Temps should remain within 2% of the reached temperature, if they are further away than 2% a calibration may be required.

First I would make sure you have an insulation layer underneath your bottom press platen, and that the top platen is either insulated from the ram on the shop press, or retracted to where it is not pulling heat off of the top platen.

With the insulations in place, I like to use 2 different thermometers to measure accuracy, both are within 1F of each other so I presume they are calibrated and accurate at least to 1%. First is the javelin meat probe thermometer, this one is quite accurate but it does take upwards of 1 minute in order to reach the accurate temperature. The other is a k-type thermocouple, which also takes about a minute to reach the accurate temperature. I find the javelin meat probe thermometer a better choice and what I reach for first when checking temps. My IR thermometer is good but not as accurate, usually showing a variance of 10-15F in measured temperatures at the same spot my javelin thermometer shows the accurate temp. I rarely use my IR thermometer.

If you still find that after measuring with multiple thermometers that the temps are still off, let me know and I will help you to recalibrate the PID.

MegaMan2k

Cool thanks for the clarification-

Up untill now ive just dialed in according to the "new" standard and pressed around 70-75 which seems to work nicely / getting the same results as before. how hard is the recalibration? xD

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Did a 10g bottle tech squish on some 'new for me' (bottled May 2019) 4-month-old bud, my usual Incredible Bulk. 75c(167f) about 2 minutes at 2500psi(gauge) for a 1.41g return,
img_20190923_173730-jpg.13270

Repressed the puck at 105c(221f) for a further 0.67g,
img_20190923_173809-jpg.13268

That made a total of 2.08g or 20.8%...was oily straight off the plate but soon turned to pull 'n' snap and made for easy collecting, no shatter and was also blonder than the old stuff.:tup:

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
Did a 10g bottle tech squish on some 'new for me' (bottled May 2019) 4-month-old bud, my usual Incredible Bulk. 75c(167f) about 2 minutes at 2500psi(gauge) for a 1.41g return,
img_20190923_173730-jpg.13270

Repressed the puck at 105c(221f) for a further 0.67g,
img_20190923_173809-jpg.13268

That made a total of 2.08g or 20.8%...was oily straight off the plate but soon turned to pull 'n' snap and made for easy collecting, no shatter and was also blonder than the old stuff.:tup:
Looks very tasty! And a very decent return.

As you may have noticed, the silicone containers do interact with rosin. I had one that got very sticky and changed color after a while of storing cbd rosin in it. I guess it would act the same with thc rosin. So I try to stay away from these containers now, even if they are very handy. I wonder what your experiences are/will be.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@psychonaut said 3 weeks ago he would have something in a couple of weeks, hint, hint, wink, nudge.:haw:

We are slow, I admit it! :D I just nudged Roger for an update, I will post back with hopefully some positive information.

-------------

FC Friends who are Amazon USA customers, great news! New stock available sold by dp-direct, fulfilled by Amazon. You could be pressing in 1-2 days as a Prime member!

Our 10-12 ton hydraulic hand pump is now available on Amazon.com
https://www.amazon.com/Hydraulic-Hand-Pump-Guage-Cylinder/dp/B07VDD1K2Z

Also, our 12-ton heat press machine is available (no pump included) -
https://www.amazon.com/Ton-Hydraulic-Heat-Press-Machine/dp/B07X4F3BQX

Sauce plate -
https://www.amazon.com/Terp-Sauce-Maker-Anodized-Controller/dp/B07VFH1R47

Titanium Enail -
https://www.amazon.com/Tabletop-PID-Temperature-Controller-Kit/dp/B07V9RG2K6

We hope everyone is getting ready, harvest season is upon us :cool:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I was hoping for a link to something tried and decent, so much crap to sort through to find anything decent for a realistic price. I am looking for long term storage, years worth.:myday:

LesPlenty,

MegaMan2k

@LesPlenty
IMO the most important factors / features is : straight walls on the inside and widemouth for lid. Would love to have UV protection on my jars but it seems to be a trade in for non straight walls and tighter mouth atleast the ones ive found so far. (And that would generate some real resin loss)

If you cold cure your rosin in the fridge (100%darkness) then there shouldnt really be anything to worry about.

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
Oh man i have been paying 1€ per each of those exact same jars for the past almost 2 years now,

Really need a deal like that in europe, -.-

Where did you get them?

I have 2 of these now (kept them from some CBD stuff I bought) and I love them. UV-and light block would be nice, the clear ones on the other hand have the advantage that you can see what is happening inside without opening them. Ideally my jars would have a glass lid too, or an inert insert (maybe PTFE?).

Not tried, but: for bigger quantity these could be fun: https://www.ozfarmer.com/35ml-mini-tapered-weck-jars
They have bigger sizes up to around 1.5l too.
or for europe: https://www.weckglaeser.com/shop/weck-komplettglaeser/weck-35ml-mini-sturzglas.php
here they even offer various lids. Glass, wood, plastic.

Is there a UV-block painting that could be applied to the containers?

Sick Vape,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Thanks for the heads up un the shoulderless jars, I have only used silicon and did not even think of the inside shoulder being a problem.
I am thinking those small glass containers (from a seller that will post to Oz) in a mason jar without the plastic lids, vacuum sealed with a couple of oxy absorb packs then into the freezer for a few years or however long until needed.:)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
These look familiar and shoulderless,
DSC07286.jpg

https://ineedhemp.com/product/qty-1...r-wax-rosin-terpenes-container-not-chilproof/
A 10 pack for US$15 does not sound too bad, I bet postage to outside of the US will be nasty though!

Been playing with some portable rosin toys with some nice blonde rosin made by low temp, time and pressure on some 4-month cured buds.
img_20190926_165535-jpg.13318

This is a Motar atty with some other rosin being added to...:haw:

LongDraw

With those black jars, i had bought some that had a lip. The other thing i didn't like was that it could be hard to see the concentrate if it was a darker rosin or concentrate.

I ended up buying a 30 pack of clear glass ones that are perfect for me. The jars are in a desk anyways so i don't worry about light. Got them off amazon, they work really well and should be set forever.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Did a 10g BottleTech squish(40mm), 2 presses, 77C, 2,5 mins total(1 min preheat as pressure is taken up slowly on puck) 2500psi(gauge) for 1.48g.:)
2nd press, 105c, 2 mins total, 3000psi(gauge) for 0.56g more for a total of 2.04g or 20.4% return.
The buds were jarred in June last year so I am pretty happy with the result, 1st press top, repress bottom,
img_20190928_180937-jpg.13399

Top Bottom