Dabpress Rosin Plates

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The reason for no direct uploading is to allow users photos to remain untrackable
First time I have heard that excuse, I thought it was mainly to do with the tight arsed owner that is never here.
Other vape websites let you upload directly, just don't put your name on the picture title/file name.
I find lower temps and slower application of pressure can avoid shattery rosin.
I agree, almost, my rosin stays blonde even with 3000psi on a 2.5" 10g puck,
77c(170f) 3000psi (don't mind the pube),
img_20190903_132422-jpg.12767

105c (221f) 2750 psi, same type of buds from the same plant(same time too),
img_20190810_130219-jpg.12768

This was very shatter like, I think the lower temp stuff tastes a bit better but the yield was only 16% for the low temp and 19.6% with the higher temp.
I just preheat my dabber when dealing with it, seems to stop bits flying.:tup:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Hey @psychonaut , I had someone in another forum ask me if there are any discount codes or sales coming up. He specifically mentioned he was interested in the dp-rp557.

Anything I can pass on to him?

Thanks

We will have a Black Friday sale for sure in November.

Presently we are promoting the "Bundle for Savings" discount where we have paired our presses with our popular molds and filters, discount varies between 7-15% depending on the product.

If they only want the caged plate kit, right now our dp-rp557 is on sale for $369 free shipping, normal price is $469. It would be a good time to buy if they are ready =)

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
The pucks were mostly dry this morning, I washed them in 190 proof alcohol, and while I meant to do a much quicker wash and ended up forgetting it for hours, the wash is very green in color. Perhaps it may be time I rethink repressing pucks. If the point is to use the oil for edibles, it may end up giving me good enough yields, and ditch the step of washing/purging.

DogBoy

know fear
...my new pump should arrive momentarily and then I can sell my press...!!!...(NOT)

...even with my limited experience and limited access to weed I have been able to realize the value of this thing...I even bought some new hardware behind how well the squish form the Dabpress dp-hr10t35v press vapes compared to the commercial concentrates I have been getting at the dispensary...

...some one suggested it was the quality of my material that was the problem when I complained aboot harshenss in the V Rod and I though " wtf can one do aboot that ? "...

...the "bundle" I bought did not really save me all that much per se but I did not receive anything I did not need and I got some stuff I needed they didn't even spec...

...and $60 is better than a poke in the eye...in my case aboot a 1/4 oz better , eh...

Last edited:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
The pucks were mostly dry this morning, I washed them in 190 proof alcohol, and while I meant to do a much quicker wash and ended up forgetting it for hours, the wash is very green in color. Perhaps it may be time I rethink repressing pucks. If the point is to use the oil for edibles, it may end up giving me good enough yields, and ditch the step of washing/purging.
I am following with interest, but somewhat deterred by the amount of work/babysitting/time that you are having to invest with washing. IMO that is the beauty of rosin- it is FAST.

I am really curious about your final product, but I am thinking that for edibles, you may as well just repress and up the pressure and temps... out of convenience.

I am still following with interest. Mainly about soaking the pucks first. I have never done that. The only reason I never thought of it is because it looks like all the oil that's left is on the surface of the puck. My pucks are so fucking flat, it's hard to believe there's anything inside. LOL Albeit, I don't use filters and it looks like your pucks are all in bags.

Was the water wash primarily to puff up the pucks to get what's inside? Or, just to wash off whatever chlorophyll and debris was on them?

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
First time I have heard that excuse, I thought it was mainly to do with the tight arsed owner that is never here.
Other vape websites let you upload directly, just don't put your name on the picture title/file name.

I agree, almost, my rosin stays blonde even with 3000psi on a 2.5" 10g puck,
77c(170f) 3000psi (don't mind the pube),
img_20190903_132422-jpg.12767

105c (221f) 2750 psi, same type of buds from the same plant(same time too),
img_20190810_130219-jpg.12768

This was very shatter like, I think the lower temp stuff tastes a bit better but the yield was only 16% for the low temp and 19.6% with the higher temp.
I just preheat my dabber when dealing with it, seems to stop bits flying.:tup:

So if you wanted to make a lighter rosin of a different consistency, you could first press at a lower temp around 190F or so. Collect that rosin at a lower yield. Then turn up the plates to 220F and do a second press to get a darker rosin with a different consistency and pick up the remaining yield you didn't get on the first run?

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I am still following with interest. Mainly about soaking the pucks first. I have never done that. The only reason I never thought of it is because it looks like all the oil that's left is on the surface of the puck. My pucks are so fucking flat, it's hard to believe there's anything inside. LOL Albeit, I don't use filters and it looks like your pucks are all in bags.

Was the water wash primarily to puff up the pucks to get what's inside? Or, just to wash off whatever chlorophyll and debris was on them?

That was my hope, try and clean up the green as much as I could, it didn't seem to affect it much. The water that washed off the pucks was tea tinted, think earl gray lol

JCat

Accessory Maker
That was my hope, try and clean up the green as much as I could, it didn't seem to affect it much. The water that washed off the pucks was tea tinted, think earl gray lol
QWET might be the way to go if the above theory that most of the good stuff is on the outside is correct :)

(Or straight re-pressing the pucks together and using that direct for edibles after decarbing as also suggested above)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
soak'em in hot butter n shit
Will impart an interesting flavor.:haw:

Then turn up the plates to 220F and do a second press to get a darker rosin with a different consistency and pick up the remaining yield you didn't get on the first run?
Yep, it does not taste quite as good as the first press but still medicates just fine.:nod:
I got another 0.37g with 221f on the repress for 19.7% all up return from the 10g puck.:tup:

ZedsFiction

So, I have a couple of grams of bubble hash sitting around from my harvest. I was thinking I will most likely make rosin from it.

As I understand it, you need 25-37micron filters to press it. However, is it possible to press bubble hash without a filter? I actually prefer pressing my flower rosin without a filter, so I was just wondering.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Happy weekend FC!

Our 12-ton heat press machine is almost ready for sale. We had been stress testing this unit for the past couple of months, pictures are finished, just waiting on final packing inserts to finish.

Our 12-ton unit will work with our 10-ton hydraulic hand pump, as both units operate on 10000 PSI equipment, the fluid capacity in our 10-ton hydraulic hand pump is more than enough to power this 12-ton cylinder.

As always, this product is only available in the CN warehouse until we determine popularity then we will stock the warehouses across the world accordingly. Thanks for your patience.

$599 - https://www.dabpress.com/products/12-ton-complete-rosin-press-machine

12-ton-complete-hydraulic-rosin-heat-press-machine-4x7-heated-platens-dabpress-1_1024x1024.jpg

dabpress-professional-4x7-12-ton-rosin-press-machine_1024x1024.jpg

Additionally our cooling plate is almost ready as well, still waiting for packaging to complete.

$19.99 - https://www.dabpress.com/products/6...for-wax-collection-food-grade-working-surface

6x7-Cooling-Plate-for-Wax-Collection_-Food-Grade-Working-Surface-Aluminum-Made-collecting-rosin_1024x1024.jpg

6x7-Inches-Cooling-Plate-Wax-Collection-Food-_Grade-Working-Surface-Anodized-6061-Aluminum-Covering-A-Fabric-Bag_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:

LongDraw

nice cooling plate, including price. for that price will pick on up when they are on the u.s. amazon store. was just using a glass container flipped upside down that was in the freezer, but this seems a nice additional for the price.

MegaMan2k

Impressed with the quality on my new plates- Feels like a brand new press now :D
Seems like im going to need som sort of work table now? Any suggestions?

Press cames with worktable but i lost it during a move, dont seem to be able to find any stand alone tables on amazon etc. Maybe im just blind, btw im in europe.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Impressed with the quality on my new plates- Feels like a brand new press now :D
Seems like im going to need som sort of work table now? Any suggestions?

Press cames with worktable but i lost it during a move, dont seem to be able to find any stand alone tables on amazon etc. Maybe im just blind, btw im in europe.

:tup:

If you can find them, they are commonly called "Arbor plates" or "Shop bed press plates" here in the US. Be sure it's rated to at least the tonnage of your press and the dimensions fit across your worktable.

MegaMan2k

Yes exactly, thanks

Still not able to find any tho, ive sent a message to the storefront that sold me my press if they would happen to have any that fits

Guess im in no rush if its acceptable to use them the way they are fitted in the picture?

Did a single test press without any trouble- but there was a very loud clicking sound when i got to around 9-10 tons, made me kinda scared- Just the springs? Normal?

:-)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I hope this is on thread topic enough,
If you are like me, the sight of rosin left behind on the edge of a pressed puck glistening in the light makes me feel like I have missed a bit, even with over a 20% yield.
I just watched @ohmygodimsohigh (Troy) video on cleaning the new Boundless Terp Pen ($30 worth, how can they make stuff that cheap?) Almost at the end he describes how he likes to use the pen to bab straight off the edge of the bag, great idea, but I would say to do the little preheat to pick up the rosin so you do not get the nylon too hot. (handy for people like me that cannot be bothered with processing pucks):tup:
https://bndlstech.com/product/terp-pen/
These were on sale last week for $25, so shop around.:myday:

Edit; I really like mine, wish I had got 2 as @Hackerman says, pretty short battery life (long enough run times to do the job) but so convenient and hits hard.

Last edited:
You didn't ask me but I totally love mine. And, yes, as you said, it loads like a nectar collector, which is the best feature to me. No messy dab tools and stringy mess. Just dip and sip. I love mine.

The only down side is battery life. I am a chain vaper so mine only lasts a few hours. However, they charge VERY fast and I am going to get another one so I can rotate them.

Top Bottom