Dabpress Rosin Plates

JohnnyMauser

Glass > everything. Some people worry about loss, but the jars are re-used so there is no loss. It's okay if a little sour diesel gets on that tangie... sour tangie is better anyway :brow:

Agree on glass over everything... thats why i go for the herborizer instead of the sublimator. 1 1/2 years ago...

So you got me. I have already glass for concentrates. I just got used to the oil slick paper, because its so easy to get the right amount of it. I will go for my glass containers in the future.

I tried @JCat 's Method. Had a hard time, pressing so much on the material let you get sticky fingers. And it looked like Cancer in a bag, maybe its because im a clumsy guy. One Big Prob i had was the unravling of the bag on both sides. If you cut them away, theyre like static loaded hair, cant get rid of it. I was so :hmm::bang::goon::rant:I put all out and in for 3 times and i really needed medication after that whole process. :science:

New Idea:
I think about pressing about 1g with the pre press mold for a base, and put about 3g on top? So the base is more even and i dont have to shape the important part with my hands.

JohnnyMauser,

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
commercial SHO labs
Dude, can you please dumb it down a little? :D What is this ^ you speak of? :clap: Thanks! Not that I’ll ever need to know in my uncivilised land, but I’m still very interested in the processing side. It’s absolutely crazy to me that a huge industry has developed and is thriving in a country that classifies the base material as Schedule 1 drug.

I think it’s pretty obvious that glass > anything, just look at any chemistry/scientific laboratory. Borosilicate is a superior inert material in every way, except that it breaks if you’re not careful. :disgust:

Is there anybody out there?
Hey you, out there all alone...
Can anybody tell me about what company name appears on the bank statement/cc/PayPal? This question hit me today as I was thinking about everything I’ll need to order. If it is dabpress, I gotta to come up with some other way to pay. It’s not a high priority issue but I’ll want to have it sorted well before Black Friday rolls around. :brow:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Can anybody tell me about what company name appears on the bank statement/cc/PayPal? This question hit me today as I was thinking about everything I’ll need to order. If it is dabpress, I gotta to come up with some other way to pay. It’s not a high priority issue but I’ll want to have it sorted well before Black Friday rolls around. :brow:

Your PayPal account will show a transaction with "Dabpress Technologies".

PayPal can be used as a guest with a credit card as well :tup:

LongDraw

Interested to hear final results pyschonaut with how the water wash helps with getting the rest of the rosin from the pucks prior to the alcohol wash.

One question. Did you use regular tap water, filtered water or distilled? Was wondering if distilled would be best, or if no concern with tap and/or filtered.

Haven't posted in awhile, still pressing as needed and loving the dab press.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Interested to hear final results pyschonaut with how the water wash helps with getting the rest of the rosin from the pucks prior to the alcohol wash.

One question. Did you use regular tap water, filtered water or distilled? Was wondering if distilled would be best, or if no concern with tap and/or filtered.

Haven't posted in awhile, still pressing as needed and loving the dab press.

I am using well water actually, so it's fairly hard, around 330 ppm. Distilled would be a great choice but in my scenario I'm using this oil for edibles so I dont mind the residual calcium or magnesium =)

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Heya @psychonaut when you say “drying”, do you actually dry the pucks until they’re totally dry? I just wonder why you choose that path? If the next step is a 190-proof alcohol soak, wouldn’t damp pucks be okay? You know how much I know about this, lol, so you know it’s genuine curiosity and not being a Mister Sassy Smarty Pants.
At least, this time...:D

I know you’re breathing that high mountain air, your corner of the world makes my nose bleed almost instantly. Those pucks are probably bone dry in 20-30 minutes!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Heya @psychonaut when you say “drying”, do you actually dry the pucks until they’re totally dry? I just wonder why you choose that path? If the next step is a 190-proof alcohol soak, wouldn’t damp pucks be okay? You know how much I know about this, lol, so you know it’s genuine curiosity and not being a Mister Sassy Smarty Pants.
At least, this time...:D

I know you’re breathing that high mountain air, your corner of the world makes my nose bleed almost instantly. Those pucks are probably bone dry in 20-30 minutes!

Yes, hoping to get them totally dry. I want to avoid having water in there to dilute the proof of the alcohol. They are actually still soaking wet, fan is on high and blowing on them in a box, the room is 32% RH. I think it may take a couple days?

ZedsFiction

My 3t AIO showed up today! Time to unpack and learn this little beast!!

EDIT: I have learned 3 things. 1) I friggin' love squishin' my own buds! 2) Minor temp changes can be the difference between 5% yield and 20% yield 3) Do not ever reuse parchment paper, hah

Last edited:

ZedsFiction

I thought I was tight! I never even contemplated re-using parchment paper.:tup:

In your experience, what are these temperatures?
You will have fun with your new press for sure, what were you using before?

Hah! It was when I re-pressed a nug... I just decided to reuse the same parchment because it looked perfectly fine. It ended up breaking through and bleeding a tiny bit to my plate. No big loss, but lesson learned.

As for the temps, it varies based on strain. I'm using 3 homegrown strains, and two I can get pretty nice rosin from at lowish temps (170-180f). However, another one of my strains won't really start to produce until 205f, it was almost bone dry until that temp. It really is quite interesting how each plant will have different needs and requirements just like when you're growing them!

I had never made rosin before today, haha. I started growing since it became legal in Canada and only just recently found myself in a surplus of (free) flower from harvests, which got me really researching producing concentrates and finally ended up here.

I can already tell I'm going to spend maaany hours squishing from this day forward.

r5ATjye.jpg

2dzTsrr.jpg

EDIT: Running with no filters and no pre-press mold right now, hence the little bit of debris in the bottom left Lemon Kush rosin

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I find lower temps and slower application of pressure can avoid shattery rosin.

CR~ The reason for no direct uploading is to allow users photos to remain untrackable and somewhat anonymous. Most use picture sharing sites then post the link.

ZedsFiction

Has anyone noticed a change in flavour when pressing with a filter vs without a filter? I pressed at the same temp and for same time as my previous run, just added a 120 micron filter, and the flavour seems less... terpy? Smoother, I think, but less smack in the face of flavour.

Could just be a placebo effect, so figured I'd ask!

Top Bottom