Da Buddha

Hey Cluffy if you don't mind me asking what kinda bowl are you using at the end of your wand? Seems a bit different from the stock one.

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for any attachments or accessories that greatly enhance your vaping experience? I got a bong adapter a while back and I used my budda a whole bunch back then with my SGW waffle tube but lately I haven't really been using my budda too much and I would love to start using it more with some new exciting accessories! I've heard some good stuff about dome arizer screens, but I was wondering what else you guys could recommend, as it seems you guys clearly use your buddas more than I do :p.

GeneralGreens,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Nice stuff dorkus!..
You got yourself one fancy rig!!!
I posted bong vids over on the SSV thread just now.

Vitolo,

dorkus_molorkus

Thankyou Vito, best $90 i ever spent on that set up.
I just checked out your vids on the SSV thread, I swear I love your vids. always very informative.

The wand manipulation vid was great, I was waiting for you start swinging it around your head like a lasso. lol
The music was a great too.

cheers

dorkus_molorkus,

cluffy

Vaker
Nice vid dorkus, glad to see I'm not the only one who coughs!

@General Greens: It's a Vapor Bother's mini wand that works best with a standard SSV heater cover (has to be custom made shorter for the DBV) but will work with the DBV's original ground glass. HEY! Just looked and they are BACK IN STOCK!!

mini whip!!!!

cluffy,
Just wanted to Thank everyone for all their tips & knowledge, this board played a big part in the purchase of my first vaporizer, Da Buddha. Should receive by the weekend and am really looking forward to it, do you think this is a good choice for a newbie?

coldmountain,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Da Buddha is a great choice for a newbie.
My suggestion is to get used to it and get to vaping by yourself first.
Do this and get good at it and comfortable, before you invite friends, who will all have their own suggestions...
You become good first.. then share! :)

Vitolo,

dorkus_molorkus

coldmountain said:
Just wanted to Thank everyone for all their tips & knowledge, this board played a big part in the purchase of my first vaporizer, Da Buddha. Should receive by the weekend and am really looking forward to it, do you think this is a good choice for a newbie?

You have made an excellent choice my friend!

A whole new world is about to open up to you. I hope you enjoy it & all it brings.

God knows I am- :D

dorkus_molorkus,
coldmountain said:
great choice! I myself was a newbie and started with my Da Buddha. I seem to get things quickly so there was little to no learning curve for me. But, the Da Buddha is pretty easy anyways.

VapeNStone,
Hey fellas, i am pretty new to vaping and recently purchased myself a DBV and I am really enjoying using it, however i humbly come before you asking for some tips that may allow me to further enjoy using it

I am trying to find that "sweet spot" where it is perfectly vapor, but i also like to see nice clouds. watching the vids that you post it seems like you all have it down to a perfect science to achieve beautiful looking clouds. My problem is that i am really concerned with the combustion of the material because I will be using this in my dorm room and i cannot allow any smoke.

Generally I turn it on and let it heat up for a few minutes at about the 3 o clock position then i turn it down to about noon and test it out. Usually there is not any visible vapor and i find it pretty hard to tell if i am getting anything. Thus, i slowly turn up the dial and eventually end up around the 2 oclock position. I do not see any vapor travelling through the whip but when i exhale i do see a little bit.

Is this what it is supposed to look like or should i be able to see the vapor travelling up the whip?

Im almost positive the response will be for me to just keep on testing and trying different pulling speeds and temperatures and i will definitely do that, I was just looking for any tips you pros could give me :D

THANKS!

Jollyrancherz,

Vitolo

Vaporist
With the Buddha, you don't always see vapor in the whip.. but when you stop drawing, you will often see the vapor "freeze up" in it's motion in the wand and tube. Unless very thick, it is not always easy to see moving vapor in the tube.
Keep finding your way... This part is half the voyage, and a good deal of the fun...
different strains produce different densities of visible vapor also.. take your time.. you only get to be new and explore once! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Vitolo,

cluffy

Vaker
@Jollyrancherz:
Sounds like you are doing it right. Big clouds are not necessary, though they're cool. If you can taste it and feel the effects, it's working. But always experiment, it's half the fun!

Vape on!

cluffy,
Has anyone here tried the new DBV wands that require new screens sized at 0.583in/14.8mm down from 0.625in/15mm? They have removed the glass pinch that resided directly below the screen. I recently received mine in the mail yesterday and I have to admit I am thoroughly impressed with it. I love the minimal and simplistic look that features a "straight shooter" design which lowers resistance/drag by maximizing airflow through the wand. Grab one of these, they hit amazing compared to the old design!

dbvwand-2.jpg

Sublimation,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
SSV Chris said:
max said:
If you like the gg, one hand free setup on the Buddha, the SSV really isn't an upgrade.

:(

Sorry, but Max kind of does have a point. Especially with the angle of the SSV, if you like the GG connection then you will probably not enjoy the angle of the SSV.

aesthyrian,

Beezleb

I preferred the old wand. This one is harder for me to change the screen and it holds less. For newer users this will be a better thing but I wish they had the old wands available still. The old wands delivered more fuller draw like the SSV in my view. The new wand changed the draw and personality of the DBV for me but I still enjoy it very much but I no longer say I want for no other. With that said, in the same price range the DBV is my highest quality choice followed by the vapor bros.

The SSV I consider a bit a better which brings to me regarding the DBV to SSV aspects. For hands free I would consider the DBV but, if your willing to accept that you may have to replace your wand for the SSV every year or so. Which I have seen no reports or issues with. Than the SSV may be more appealing. The issue is many people view the down angle of the SSV an issue with ground glass because it is at a downward angle with nothing but ground glass holding it in place. The concern is how long until that ground glass gets worn and is no longer effective at holding it in place.

Now the SSV is like a sports car in the vaporizer market in my view. It is the corvette or what car you like and thus due to that aspect and the fact it truly can deliver power draws will appeal to many right their. It has the fancy body and glass but I chose my DBV due to economic reasons when they released and have loved it since.

Though the Zephyr takes more of my vaping time. I used to speak on vaporizers and would lend the DBV out from time to time to sick people who were ill to see if it would help them. For a high quality vaporizer at a nice price point as far as vaporizers go, the DBV is generically my first recommendation but that must be tailored to what the vapists needs and wants are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beezleb,

max

Out to lunch
aesthyrian said:
SSV Chris said:
max said:
If you like the gg, one hand free setup on the Buddha, the SSV really isn't an upgrade.

:(

Sorry, but Max kind of does have a point. Especially with the angle of the SSV, if you like the GG connection then you will probably not enjoy the angle of the SSV.
I know some prefer the SSV with the hands free setup, but you don't really get any upgrade in functional terms. You have to be willing to pay more for the slight difference in ergonomics and more glass/color than you get with the DBV. But you can add custom glass to the DBV too. That's the nice thing about vapes like these. You can get basic or fully pimped, or anywhere in between.

max,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I own the DBV and SSV.. and have both with both setups.
While the "ergonomics" of the SSV was definitely worth paying more for (for those preferring standard hand held setup), I have found that when you go hands free it no longer matters, as the air flow dynamics change with a hands free heater cover, and seem to neutralize any difference in performance due to the SSV downward angle.

Vitolo,
Sublimation said:
Has anyone here tried the new DBV wands that require new screens sized at 0.583in/14.8mm down from 0.625in/15mm? They have removed the glass pinch that resided directly below the screen. I recently received mine in the mail yesterday and I have to admit I am thoroughly impressed with it. I love the minimal and simplistic look that features a "straight shooter" design which lowers resistance/drag by maximizing airflow through the wand. Grab one of these, they hit amazing compared to the old design!

http://dabuddhavaporizer.com/media/...eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/d/b/dbvwand-2.jpg
I have that same one too. kind of liked the original better IMHO. It had DBV actually in the glass versus just on it. It also seemed to lock into the Da Buddha better as well. Don't get me wrong I get banging ass hits out of either of them but this just seems so much plainer then my original that came with it.

VapeNStone,
Top Bottom