Da Buddha

dorkus_molorkus said:
well this is how it went. i put about .06-.08 of herb in the wand & the dial just on about 9oclock(at 830 its off)
pull 3 nice ripps, stir pull 2more both thinner than the 1st 3.

remove wand, crank up to 1230ish, stir.
pull 2 really, really thin ripps.

turn dial to 3oclock-, stir, pull twice, nuthin.
stir, pull again, nuthin.

reset back to 9oclock go away for 30mins.

after 30 mins-load on top of the ABV now in the wand some QWISO'd ABV & kief hashy type stuff.(about
2 pinheads worth)
and pull at 9oclock twice. nuthin.
stir, pull again, nuthin

move dial to 12oclock, wait a min or 2.
pull about 3 wispy, thin looking ripps, then nuthin.
stir, pull, nuthin.

turn up to 3oclock & wait
stir, pull, a small amount of vapor, barely anything to mention.
pull, nuthin, stir , pull , nuthin

set the dial back to 9oclock & wait 30 mins.
empty out the ABV from the wand & the hashy stuff looks barely touched, so I reload it with about .1 of fresh herb & another small piece of hashy stuff (about the head of a match worth)

I then pull 3 nice ripps at the 9oclock setting, then 2 a bit thinner.
removed the wand, moved the dial to 1230ish, stir, then pull another 3 nice ripps.

remove the wand, turn the dial to 3oclock
wait 2 mins, stir, then pull another 3-4 ripps & another 2 pretty goods ones, stiring every 2nd hit.
2 more wispy one & its all over. the popcorn taste is quite strong, but I dont taste burning or smoke.

I tip out the wand & the ABV is very nearly black, if I didnt know any better I'd say i'd combusted.
But as i said, no smoke or burning taste, just a pretty strong popcorn tatste & smell, but again not unpleasant.

here I was patting myself on the back for getting the learning curve sorted quick. but surely, having it so hot at its lowest setting is not how it should be.

It seems to be perfectly functionable for my purposes of vapebonging, I guess as long thats all its doing, I can live with it.
yea if its getting almost black you cooking it for a little too long IMHO. I vape at high temps as well and when i'm done with a bowl(probably .08 or so, doesn't even register on my scale which starts at .1) it is tanish almost brown in color and I get 3-4 fat rips and 2-3 smaller ones. Usually I just take 3 fat rips and I'm high as shit then I wait and save the rest for later.

EDIT: lets see if I can get a good picture of the two side by side. Well I'm going to go vape a little and I'll take a pic of it then.

SUPER DUPER EDIT: Ok here is the pic. This is a little darker looking stuff due to it coming from blueberry kush and not this no name(what is the green stuff on the right). I see if I can get an actual comparison of the EXACT same bud side by side. But my stuff is never black, now it is really really brown. Some strains don't even get that brown at all. I guess it depends.

bcb4f77e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
VapeNStone,

mraya

Hi Guys,

I love my DBV but it would be nice to add some moisture to the hits. I am seriously considering purchasing a "Water Filter/Moisturizer Cooler" from 7th Floor. I was wondering if anyone owns one of these and how you like or dislike it?

Also, do you know if there is an advantage/disadvantage with the sprial VS straight percolators?

And is there an advantage/disadvantage as to whether or not there are 2, 3, 6, etc. (straight) percolators?

Lastly, how do I figure out if I need to go 14mm or 19mm?

Thanks for your input. Much appreciated!

mraya,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I wont address percolators, as I am ignorant on the topics involving advaced glassware.
Just my vote of confidence in the 7th Floor LLC "Water Filter/Moisturizer Cooler".
It has been my experience that if these guys designed it it will do exactly as it says it will do! :2c:

Vitolo,
Well, a nice package was left at my front door this afternoon. Well what could it be?

Opened it up like a little kid on Christmas morning, and let it warm up then set the temp to about 12 o'clock.

Packed about a 1/2 - 3/4 of the bowl full and started taking some long thick pulls off of it.

The taste is simply anything I've ever had, it was wonderful!
Stirred the bowl every few rips and ended up at about 2 o'clock, with everything pretty cooked through.

And BAM, 10 minutes later.. My tolerance has been semi- up there (since my past couple week joint cravings).
I don't think I've been this high in since I started smoking... on such a little bit as well!

Overall, very satisfied customer and am looking forward to posting more on my vaping journey :brow:

Iofthehurricane,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Iofthehurricane said:
...... looking forward to posting more on my vaping journey
And in one more home....
vapor rises.....
and Iofthehurricane learns what it's all about...
When he hears the words.........

DA BUDDHA'S in da house
s962buddhastatues.png

Iofthehurricane,
Wow that puppy is huge!! Like a mini illy coil :ninja:

Where'd you get that sleve at? Anyway you can post another picture of your rig and just how big that sucker is in comparison to the buddha body?

biojuggernaut,

Vitolo

Vaporist
cluffy said:
Hey Vito (et al), here's the Vapor Tamer on a bong! morning break
Well my man.... you sure did beat me with the Bong/vapor tamer theme,....and you did it in a new different way than I imagined. I was going to do some involved juggling.. you figured out how to cut right to the chase! You da man! :)

Vitolo,

cluffy

Vaker
Got the sleeve from work, it comes in long lengths. You'll have to google silicon tubing or sleeving.
ilhfg6.jpg

There ya go!

cluffy,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Is it hard to put on... is it heat shrink.. or stretch.
You just snuck in a new Vaporist AND "glass head" tool on us. I am sure many will like this tubing!

Vitolo,

cluffy

Vaker
It's silicon, same stuff that a lot of ipod protectors are made from. It stretches a little bit. This is 1-1/4" ID. Thin stuff. I'll do some more google searchging...

cluffy,
Nice vid. But why do you keep moving the wand around like that? Also what are we supposed to be looking at? Is it the attachment for the bong? Did you make it yourself or something? I had my Da Buddha hooked up to my acrylic bong for a bit, but I believe I get just as nice of hits by cranking it and hitting it really hard. I'll make a vid later to show you want exactly I am talking about. Here is a pic of what it looked like attached to the bong. I just took the rubber tubing and it fit perfect right on the outside of the bong piece(you'll see). Then when I want to clear it all I do is just slide the tubing right off.
Vapesetup001.jpg

VapeNStone,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I move the wand around using a DBV also sometimes, depending on the load.
It is a habit developed from using hand held.. but it assists hands free users in "getting the last drop".
What we are looking at is cluffy's Faty Vaper Tamer, and how he used a sleeve to connect this frozen device to the mouth end of his bong, before using his DBV.....
Water filtration, and then a frozen pathway!

Vitolo,

cluffy

Vaker
Hey, finally found a place to get tubing. I've gotten free samples of vinyl end caps from them before. They're mostly commercial but they do have a retail website somewhere... alliance

Thanks for answering questions for me Vito, I was busy googling. (and vaping)

Notice in the pic that I am using a Standard SSV hand held HC and not the Hands free GG DBV HC.

cluffy,

Vitolo

Vaporist
AAAAh,... I knew that about your setup, cluffy.. I let it slip my mind... so....
as for my last comment to VapenStone... "he does it because he has a standard HC!"
Your stuff lokks great cluffy! Good research too. :)

Vitolo,

cluffy

Vaker
Thanks Vito, I scrubbed up the bong real good this morning... :-) Maybe after work tonight I'll go with a virgin mini-wand!!! :brow:

cluffy,
cluffy said:
Hey, finally found a place to get tubing. I've gotten free samples of vinyl end caps from them before. They're mostly commercial but they do have a retail website somewhere... alliance

Thanks for answering questions for me Vito, I was busy googling. (and vaping)

Notice in the pic that I am using a Standard SSV hand held HC and not the Hands free GG DBV HC.

!

I buy my tubing at menards. I just get normal plumbing tubing and just cut it to the length I want.

Well here is the vid of me hitting my Da Buddha. Enjoy

EDIT: sorry lol
Your link text

double edit: Its shitty quality and you can't see the vapor. I'll take a better one with my camera most likely tomorrow. Sorry for the teaser lol.

VapeNStone,

Vitolo

Vaporist
This is fantastic! All you directors are busting out with the cameras, and entertaining the masses!
Ohhh and cluffy... You better keep that glass sparking... Deez (NYC Deisel) will be watching! :cool:

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
About tubing. I have bought bulk food grade tubing that is the purest for 1.51 per foot, at US PlasticsTygon Food/Bevrage Tubing...
But I must say this about the SSV/DBV tubing.. that many may not know.
7th Floor had a manufacturer make food beverage grade tubing, that is designed to be much softer, therefore makes a great seal. In order to get this extra soft tubing made.. they had to order enough to go around the earth something like 9 times!
I do use other tubing, to help folks out with free parts.... but I like the SSV/DBV stock best(it forms to the inside of wands best and seems to adhere due to the softness.
When it comes down to saving money though... the bottom line is all of the safe food grade tubes will work as long as it is the right size (3/8" I.D. 1/2" O.D.)!

Last edited by a moderator:
Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

Vitolo said:
This is fantastic! All you directors are busting out with the cameras, and entertaining the masses!
Ohhh and cluffy... You better keep that glass sparking... Deez (NYC Deisel) will be watching! :cool:

:cool:

:ninja:

Nycdeisel,

cluffy

Vaker
@VapeNStone.... That was the Blair Witch Project of vaping videos! KUDOS!

Too lATE to make a vid, suffice it to say I shared my virgin mini wand with a friend thru the bong and vapor tamer and we were both happily satisfied! VAPE ON!
:ko:

cluffy,
cluffy said:
OK, so it wasn't too late. Bear in mind that I stopped at the bar after work and drank more than a few beers and shots, and as I mention in the video, "smoked way too many cigarettes." drunken vaping, pro style till the cough!
lol. I did that last night as well. Isn't it great how big of tokes you can take when your drunk. But was just a little to tipsy to make a vid. I'll get my real camera and try again today.

VapeNStone,
Top Bottom