Da Buddha

The Hammer

Thanks guys for the links and Info on how to put it in.. I will give it a try...

Defiantly don't recommend trying this while you are stoned as it gets REALLY frustrating after about 10 seconds of trying... :brow:

The Hammer,

Vitolo

Vaporist
You can work from the top of wand with a dental tool (remove and replace etc)
Photoon2011-05-13at1435.jpg

or from below the long way, using the handle end of a cheap wood paint brush from a childs watercolor set.
P.S. the tool you see here is not an actual dental pick.. which you can find cheaper in a supermarket.
what you see here is a 5 dollar wand pick from Half baked Goods

Vitolo,

dorkus_molorkus

High fellow vapor dudes,

well I just got my new DBV yesterday along with a shitload of glass. I bought a HA 2 months ago & a nice little perc bong to go with it a month later. I figured beating the HA as a robust VAPEBONGING MONSTER was going to be a tall order. a couple of small mods on the HA will have it pulling top milky vapor in a really effiecient manner.

nice, right??

well, I got a DBV yesterday. My mate has a SSV, I have a HA2.1, I figured a dbv would give me quite a broad perspective of 3 of the more popular vapes available where I live. (I think we cant get any of the woodbox vapes here due to quarrantine laws., pls dont quote me as the gospel)

Bought some glass from grasscity, spent the day (Yesterday) vaping with the new glass & the HA.
Tried to use the DBV, and it was just too hard while I was sporting a massive hard-on testdriving all the new glass bits.

Well, I spent some time today with the latest addition to the family (the DBV)
OMG- I aint calling the DBV the winner between it & the HA just yet.
But I was on the lets get shitefaced while doing the testdive POV. So, my normal sized load for the HA goes in the DBV, just a bit of kief on top (for fun).

set the badboy at 1oclockish, put the adapter on the little ashcatcher perc attached to my new nautalis layback inline bong & pulled nice & even.
cloud, after cloud, of the nicest, thick vapor. 5-6 rips

stir, 3-4 rips.
jack it up to 2-3oclock & holy shit batman, another 2 or 3 nice tasty ripps!

tip out the ABV & it looks just like the abv from the HA! nice, dark & brown, very even.

I think I might have dialled in my new DBV in just 2 loads! no learning curve here to try ones patience,
-cool!
I reckon I going to blaze thru a bit of weed in the next few days.
Research & development is a bitch.

Very happy DBV owner, thankyou to all the contributers of this great site, you have changed my life for the better.
all my mates think I'm crazy, and/ or drug fucked. I just cant get them to see this is not only the future,
but totally superior to combusting on so many levels.

They wont get to see my glass etc, but if someone can tell me how to post pics here, I would love to show some like minded souls my new stuff.

back to the testing, its tough, but its very important work.

peace:peace:

Last edited by a moderator:
dorkus_molorkus,

Vitolo

Vaporist
We want to see also! :)
go to imageshack or photobucket.
upload photos
get direct link.
here wjile posting touch image icon
paste in the image link!

Vitolo,

dorkus_molorkus

woops maybe this is it....

thefamilyc.jpg

olfaithful.jpg

octosherlock2.jpg

octosherlock1.jpg

nauti2.jpg

nauti1k.jpg

woohoo!! theres the kids!

you cant see the ashcatcher/perc on the nautilis very well. shoulda turned it sideways

Last edited by a moderator:
dorkus_molorkus,
Reactions: vorrange
After a few weeks of reading and tossing the ssv and dbv back and forth, decided to put my order in for a dbv today.

Being a cheap college student, I couldn't really justify the extra money for the ssv.

May upgrade to an ssv or something else in the future so I'm perfectly fine with this bullet proof vape as a begginner unit, very excited to get it sometime next week :D

Iofthehurricane,

max

Out to lunch
I'm perfectly fine with this bullet proof vape as a begginner unit
For many vaporists, the DBV is all they need or want. The SSV isn't necessarily better. If you like the gg, one hand free setup on the Buddha, the SSV really isn't an upgrade.

max said:
I'm perfectly fine with this bullet proof vape as a begginner unit
For many vaporists, the DBV is all they need or want. The SSV isn't necessarily better. If you like the gg, one hand free setup on the Buddha, the SSV really isn't an upgrade.

That's pretty much the way I had to look at it to make up my mind.

It was hard, but you're right. It fits my needs, and I'm soon to be (hopefully I can make the transition from combustion) to vapor user :)

Iofthehurricane,

EricNY

I just received my replacement heater cover and I'm having trouble getting the metal base and shim to slide all the way up to its stock position. I don't want to hammer at the metal base fearing I'd fracture the glass. Does anyone have light to shed on my problem?

EricNY,

dorkus_molorkus

cluffy said:
Damn Dorkus, you must be OCD, look how CLEAN everything is!!!!!

LOL cluffy- its only that clean cause its all brand new! 2days old.
the desk is only clean cause i only set that up an hour before the pic was taken.
so no OCD here, I'm just as big of a slob as many other stoners.

dorkus_molorkus,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I Take offense in the name of Da Buddah (keeping it pertinent to this thread)
I am a BIG stoner.. and I am as OCD as they come! ;)

dorkus_molorkus

Vitolo said:
I Take offense in the name of Da Buddah (keeping it pertinent to this thread)
I am a BIG stoner.. and I am as OCD as they come! ;)

LOL- no offence intended uncle Vito.
vive la difference!

dorkus_molorkus,

max

Out to lunch
Iofthehurricane said:
hopefully I can make the transition from combustion
Since you say "hopefully", I assume you're motivated, for one or more reasons. It was easy for me, and didn't even take a quality vape to sell me. I had had it with smoke, and sucking on a crappy dome vape (conduction) gave me a headache, but got me a buzz and didn't hurt my lungs.

The nice thing about a vape like the DBV, which can get very hot, is that you can get close to combustion, if you like. And it'll still be much better for you than smoke. I'd start low and move up in temp when you stop getting good vapor at a particular dial setting. That way you get a lot more out of your bowl. Set it high to begin with and your herb will be done quick. Moving up in temp as you vape will also give you a better idea of the effects of different temp settings. Don't forget that draw speed also affects the temp. I'm sure you'll enjoy the DBV. It may well be the most popular home vape on the market.

max,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
EricNY said:
I just received my replacement heater cover and I'm having trouble getting the metal base and shim to slide all the way up to its stock position. I don't want to hammer at the metal base fearing I'd fracture the glass. Does anyone have light to shed on my problem?

Eric, I faced a similar dilemma with my SSV that was sent for repair; when I got it back the glass cover seemed to require undue force to get it back in place properly. It would have broken the glass. So of course I did just that and broke the glass cover. I phoned 7th Floor, I sent it back to them and they replaced the cover gratis. If you're pretty sure you'll end up breaking the glass I'd send it back to them; it's worth the $10 for shipping and the week's wait to have things right.

jeffp,

dorkus_molorkus

ok, is it normal for the DBV to be hot & be able to vape straight from the on position??

I thought I would leave it on for most of today & just turn it right, right down, but not off. just before off tho
Its quite hot and the ceramic piece is glowing just if it was at 12 oclock or more. i can just plug the wand in and start pulling good vapor & the dial is at 9oclock(just before off). I cant really tell the difference between 9&1pm on the dial. it seems to pull the same.

when I crank it up to 3oclock I can tell its hotter than 12-1pm.

is that normal?? I hope I dont have to ship it back to the US, might be weeks before I see it again.

cheers

dorkus_molorkus,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
^^ You can pull the knob out and reposition it. You should NOT be able to vape from the ON position. Perhaps it got that hot because you left it on for too long...

Vaporisateur,
yea maybe adjust the knob or something. I never turn mine off. I just turn it all the way down and when I need it I just turn it up. I usually have to grind some buds up anyways and that is all the time I need for it to warm. Takes about 30 second to fully warm from leaving it on.

VapeNStone,

max

Out to lunch
If it's at vaping temp as soon as it clicks on, something's wrong. And repositioning the knob won't help. If the temp is OK though, you may just want to live with it, as is, if you have to ship it overseas for repair.

max,

dorkus_molorkus

thanks Max that was the answer I was looking for.

Its usable & doesnt seem to cause any troubles. But I thought it strange that it would vape from this setting. i will experiment a bit more today.

dorkus_molorkus,

Egzoset

Banned
It sounds like the temperature scale isn't linear, any potential buyer might find that's good to know!

:peace:

Egzoset,

dorkus_molorkus

well this is how it went. i put about .06-.08 of herb in the wand & the dial just on about 9oclock(at 830 its off)
pull 3 nice ripps, stir pull 2more both thinner than the 1st 3.

remove wand, crank up to 1230ish, stir.
pull 2 really, really thin ripps.

turn dial to 3oclock-, stir, pull twice, nuthin.
stir, pull again, nuthin.

reset back to 9oclock go away for 30mins.

after 30 mins-load on top of the ABV now in the wand some QWISO'd ABV & kief hashy type stuff.(about
2 pinheads worth)
and pull at 9oclock twice. nuthin.
stir, pull again, nuthin

move dial to 12oclock, wait a min or 2.
pull about 3 wispy, thin looking ripps, then nuthin.
stir, pull, nuthin.

turn up to 3oclock & wait
stir, pull, a small amount of vapor, barely anything to mention.
pull, nuthin, stir , pull , nuthin

set the dial back to 9oclock & wait 30 mins.
empty out the ABV from the wand & the hashy stuff looks barely touched, so I reload it with about .1 of fresh herb & another small piece of hashy stuff (about the head of a match worth)

I then pull 3 nice ripps at the 9oclock setting, then 2 a bit thinner.
removed the wand, moved the dial to 1230ish, stir, then pull another 3 nice ripps.

remove the wand, turn the dial to 3oclock
wait 2 mins, stir, then pull another 3-4 ripps & another 2 pretty goods ones, stiring every 2nd hit.
2 more wispy one & its all over. the popcorn taste is quite strong, but I dont taste burning or smoke.

I tip out the wand & the ABV is very nearly black, if I didnt know any better I'd say i'd combusted.
But as i said, no smoke or burning taste, just a pretty strong popcorn tatste & smell, but again not unpleasant.

here I was patting myself on the back for getting the learning curve sorted quick. but surely, having it so hot at its lowest setting is not how it should be.

It seems to be perfectly functionable for my purposes of vapebonging, I guess as long thats all its doing, I can live with it.

dorkus_molorkus,
Top Bottom