Da Buddha

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I pull my wand out after every hit. Because I have found it vape's more evenly when stirred.

I agree 1000% - my method is 3 hits then stir! I made a tool that IMO every vaporist will like and ill take pics when I get home but what I did was take a typical stir tool - I used the one that came free with my LSV, I cut the glass ball off the end and wrapped the blunt side in plumbers tape - then I inserted the taped end into an empty x-acto blade handle and tightened! Its now a stir tool with a handle!

mvapes,
Hello all,

I'm a new member considering buying my first vaporizer, and the DBV is high on my list for its price to performance ratio. I've seen some complaints, though, about herb falling into the heater element and getting burned. Can anyone comment on how much of a problem this is?

Thanks a lot for your help!

JackHerer0803,

Wisdom_Karp

How does everyone deal with the problem of grit getting through the screen? Am I grinding my weed too fine?

Wisdom_Karp,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Some put pieces of stocking on the mouthpiece before attaching to the tube.
Some use screen pieces (like from the NO2)
I just eat the grit.. It is just vaped weed... very digestable!
You can grind less fine, but with each stir the meds just get finer~

Vitolo,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
How does everyone deal with the problem of grit getting through the screen? Am I grinding my weed too fine?

If your using the standard .625 screens for the Buddha you shouldn't have the issue - I only get grit in my mouth when I try to use cheap or other size screens.

mvapes,

Wisdom_Karp

Some put pieces of stocking on the mouthpiece before attaching to the tube.
Some use screen pieces (like from the NO2)
I just eat the grit.. It is just vaped weed... very digestable!
You can grind less fine, but with each stir the meds just get finer~
I do eat the grit, but it's an uncomfortable feeling *shrugs*, I dunno, I'd just rather vaped normally and stopped trying to be special mouth-weed.

Wisdom_Karp,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Hey wisdom - are you using your DBV in conjunction with a water pipe or are you just straight whipping? The reason I ask is because if you are using through water just screen your wpa. I actually use the water adapter (elbow Adapter)from the Arizer Vtower and their screens are perfect for a WPA with the rim built in so their a nice tight fit. But either way - you can screen the DBV adapters too, I just always break the ones made by 7th Floor - I feel like the Arizer ones are a bit more sturdy. :2c:

Vitolo

Vaporist
good point. There are a number of small discreet water devices.. including some at 7th floor that will fit the bill!

Vitolo,

Wisdom_Karp

I use my dbv both ways, but I only get grit through when using it without, since otherwise the grit just goes into the water.

Wisdom_Karp,

babaganush

Well, I received my vape in yesterday and after all this excitement, what I got was an expensive paper weight. This device does not seem to get hot enough to produce vapor. Even after I turned the dial to max heat and inhaled slowly through the wand, there was still no vapor, and the substance didn't even get hot enough to darken after about 15-20 hits. After reading comments about people burning their weed to the point of combustion with this thing, there definitely seems to be something wrong with this device. I emailed 7th floor about this, so hopefully I can get this fixed soon. Very disappointed.

babaganush,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Chris always emails me back quickly - their a great company and they stick by their products. Don't lose faith baba - I for one use my Buddha everyday and its yet to disappoint. Good luck - it'll work out.

mvapes,

babaganush

Yep, the device most certainly does get hot (glows orange), but it doesn't produce enough heat to vaporize anything. The dial starts at around 8 when it's on, and the hottest possible setting is clocked at ~5.

babaganush,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Make certain (when the thing is off) that the HC (heater cover) is firmly down in place over the element... so that there is no space down under it....
then inspect the cover for obvious breaks (besides that one "breather" intake)
Then look at the way the hose is inserted into the wand to be sure there are no crimped spots that could indicate leakage.
NEXT
do you feel any warmth in the mouth when you inhale??
This could also be a question of strain quality... is the herb old?.... dry? Is there another vape you can try>?

Vitolo,
Yep, the device most certainly does get hot (glows orange), but it doesn't produce enough heat to vaporize anything. The dial starts at around 8 when it's on, and the hottest possible setting is clocked at ~5.
Are you pounding the hell out of it and telling us that your hitting it lightly?

VapeNStone,

mwahle1

A little introduction:

I smoked cigarettes heavily for about 25 years, but quit using an electronic cigarette (the SB) about 2.5 years ago. I introduced my smoking friends and family to them which resulted in many of them quitting smoking cigarettes. A while after introducing my best friend to the electronic cigarette, he bought himself a VG, and he loved it. He then bought me one. Of course, I wanted the “highest quality VG” and decided on the stainless steel bat. My first impression was that the cannabis tasted great; however, the bat got way too hot and the bowl was too big (I have been mainly doing one-hits for the last 30 years). My friend loved his VG and decided to purchase the Arizer Solo; which he now cherishes. I decided to upgrade my vaporizing device.

After weeks of research (I am a scientist) and a tremendous amount of reading (Thanks to everyone on this forum for providing me with a vast amount of data), I narrowed my choices down to the Extreme Q and Da Buddha. I finally decided on Da Buddha and I am ecstatic with my purchase. I have had the DBV for about 3 weeks and I am loving it.

I will admit, the high is clearly different compared to combusting. After about 30 years of combusting my body is adjusting to the “different high”. I have not combusted since I received my DBV; however, I have been temped on more than one occasion.

So far, I am vaping a bit more than I combusted. I attribute this to my low consumption when I was combusting. I would generally do just 2-4 one-hits out of a metal-bat twice a day. With the DBV, I have to pack about 1/3 of a bowl or more for it to vape to my satisfaction—I need big hits as of now. I am really interested in having a smaller wand (one or two hit wand) specially made. I am also interested in getting the SSV’s heating cover (made for the DBV) and a mini whip as described in earlier posts.

Overall, the transition from combusting to vaping has been relatively smooth. I have only combusted one-hit in my DBV as of now, and have not had herb fall onto the heating element. I am not sure why people make an issue of this; don’t blow or cough into the whip, plain and simple.

Thanks to everyone for all their valuable information and opinions.

Hey mwahle1 do what that guy above did and just get the elbow pack screen from the Extreme Q and put that in your da buddha bowl. It will bring the herb closer to the front so that you don't have to pack as much. I usually get like 3 solid bowls out of my da buddha on only one pack or .2 or so.

VapeNStone,

mwahle1

Thanks Vitolo! You and a few other members provided exceptionally invaluable information in regards to my decision.

Hey mwahle1 do what that guy above did and just get the elbow pack screen from the Extreme Q and put that in your da buddha bowl. It will bring the herb closer to the front so that you don't have to pack as much. I usually get like 3 solid bowls out of my da buddha on only one pack or .2 or so.
This was on my list of things to try, thanks!

Soon I will have to research the best thing to do with all my ABV.

mwahle1,

Clive

I love my da Buddha when you hook yours up to a bong do you find you have to suck faster or else your weed burns. My keeps turning black unless I suck harder. Cheers

Clive,
Thanks Vitolo! You and a few other members provided exceptionally invaluable information in regards to my decision.

This was on my list of things to try, thanks!

Soon I will have to research the best thing to do with all my ABV.
I save mine and cook it into oil then make brownies :)

VapeNStone,

Wisdom_Karp

Also, question, I've got some kief, is there any way I could vapourise just that? Or should I put in a bed of ABV?

Wisdom_Karp,
Top Bottom