Vaporist
a bed of ABV would be wise......
or a bed of some nice bud too....
I use ABV for an oil and hash nest...
When I use kief I mostly use a bed of herb..... so I can see the beautiful
layer..... dissolve into the herb.... which I then vape with
great pleasure!
DSC01493.jpg

I am sure a bed of ABV will be wonderful!... (just don't throw straight kief in there)
(Standard SSV wand used for visual clarity- DBV wand is ground glass)

You could just vape it alone but it would easily get sucked through the screen so you would almost always want a blocker, ie ABV weed or green weed.

VapeNStone,
Hey just wanted to show off my new water mouthpiece for my Da Buddha. I think it's way better than the aquavape. Cools and bubbles nicely.

VapeNStone,

GR

Also, question, I've got some kief, is there any way I could vapourise just that? Or should I put in a bed of ABV?
I use a small bed of ABV to limit airflow and to keep the Kiev from getting through the screen.

I recently been adding BHO oil to ABV and it works great, the ABV act like a candle wick with the oil and it is the most flavorful way I have found so far to vape the oil.

GR,
Reactions: Vitolo

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Also, question, I've got some kief, is there any way I could vapourise just that? Or should I put in a bed of ABV?

I've literally rolled nuggs in kief and vaped - works great! I also use a pollen press and compress the heck out of my kief - then throw it in with some mj and shortly my ability to recite the alphabet fades... ;)

mvapes,
Its just a showerhead dealy. I just found it at my headshop down the street. They thought it was an ashcatcher.

VapeNStone,

cMe

really quick question. swim is new to the whole glass game but the wand for da buddha, it is a 14mm or 18mm grounded glass connection ?

cMe,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
SWIM = Someone Who Isn't Me

Its a rather ineffective way of trying to pretend your not talking about yourself.

thanks for the info. i actually just opened an order from you guys minutes ago. it was a DBV heater cover and the arizer screen kit. im going to try to use the arizer elbow screen in the tip of the DBV wand to make for a "mini wand" if you will... as suggested by someone on this forum. anyway, great experience with first order from VK.

and honestly if the SSV GG wand is heavier than the DBV wands, then ill stick with the DBV wands. IMO they do not need to be any heavier. if anything id like to see a shorter / lighter wand available for my DBV.

thanks again!
You can do that, or elbow pack the extreme q wand and it will slip into dbv for a perfect fit

mumbaihead12,

cluffy

Vaker
Well, after a nice, long, torrid love affair with the HI, I decided to clean her glass nipple. Since I was in cleaning mode I grabbed the mini-wand, hose, and mouthpiece from the DBV and gave them all a good scrubbing.Then I took a too-long-away rip from her and finished the small load. She still kicks ass.
:rockon:
IMG_03941.jpg

Techmob

Hi

I have just had a brand new da Buddha delivered today, followed the instructions and had the unit on for 10 minutes

There was a power light on the back of the unit but the heating element did not light up or become hot.

I take it I have received a faulty unit?

I have searched google but it doesn't seem to be a common fault, looks like I got u lucky...

Techmob,

Techmob

i am getting a replacement and it is arriving tomorrow....

few questions to the more experienced please, i will give a bit of background so you have a better understanding of me

i used to combust weed years ago, probably 15 years ago. i smoked it everyway possible and smoked some good but some rotten crap in my time. the uk used to have nasty stuff mixed in their weed which would of had all sorts of chemicals. i probably smoked for about 8 or 9 years.

i have always been a fan of cannabis, more so than booze. i always wanted cannabis to be legalized and with the currect laws coming into play in Amsterdam (always wanted to go there) i want to get there before the end of the year..

i have also quit smoking cigarettes which was probably about 6 years ago, and i have tried some mixed combustion and i cannot take it, i do not enjoy it and i have had to leave it. i am thinking it is because of the smoking aspect

ok, so i have bored you giving you a little insight about me...

i have now purchased a Da Buddha vaporizer (after a fair bit of research) because i want the cleanest hit possible and want to give this a go in hope that i can enjoy my long lost friend....

my partner who is a none smoker (quit similar time to me) has never really had cannabis is also interested in trying it for medicinal purposes.

with the above said i am trying to work out the best setting to start off with, i don't want anything to harsh on the throat, chest or affects to start off with really. i know we need to be ourselves in but i want this to work out well from the get go..

cheers

Techmob,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
i am getting a replacement and it is arriving tomorrow....

few questions to the more experienced please, i will give a bit of background so you have a better understanding of me

i used to combust weed years ago, probably 15 years ago. i smoked it everyway possible and smoked some good but some rotten crap in my time. the uk used to have nasty stuff mixed in their weed which would of had all sorts of chemicals. i probably smoked for about 8 or 9 years.

i have always been a fan of cannabis, more so than booze. i always wanted cannabis to be legalized and with the currect laws coming into play in Amsterdam (always wanted to go there) i want to get there before the end of the year..

i have also quit smoking cigarettes which was probably about 6 years ago, and i have tried some mixed combustion and i cannot take it, i do not enjoy it and i have had to leave it. i am thinking it is because of the smoking aspect

ok, so i have bored you giving you a little insight about me...

i have now purchased a Da Buddha vaporizer (after a fair bit of research) because i want the cleanest hit possible and want to give this a go in hope that i can enjoy my long lost friend....

my partner who is a none smoker (quit similar time to me) has never really had cannabis is also interested in trying it for medicinal purposes.

with the above said i am trying to work out the best setting to start off with, i don't want anything to harsh on the throat, chest or affects to start off with really. i know we need to be ourselves in but i want this to work out well from the get go..

cheers

Techmob, just fill the wand about 1/3 of maximum capacity. Since you don't smoke weed for quite a long time, i think it will be more than enough to get you where you want, maybe even too much. ;)

Then, start at 9pm (on the knob) and wait a few seconds and start pulling slowly at first and then harder at the end.

First hits will be the most flavourfull, then it evens out.

Try holding it in between each hit for about 5 seconds, unlike smoke there is no problem with CO so it is better to do this for better absorption of the actives.

Stir between each 2-3 hits and i take the wand out between hits unless i am vaporizing with my gf then i only take it out every 2 hits.

When the vapour starts to decrease, raise the temp 1 hour (on the knob) and repeat steps above.

I stop when i don't get vapour, independently of how high the temp is. I rarelly combust with it and the herb is usually light brown/greenish.

The higher temps give you more of the couch lock, and the lower temps give more the thc high.

Keep in mind that slower draw speeds increase temp and higher draw speeds decrease it, at least with the DBV. Other vapes have slight differences sometimes.

Also, it is good to put the whip in warm water for like 20min to clean it before using it for the first time, it also helps with the new smell of silicone. And, do a little burn in of the unit at low temps before using it so the smells inside the unit can evaporate as well.

vorrange,
Reactions: Techmob

Techmob

Well I finally had a go....

Not sure how much i put on but it was plenty for my gf and I

I probable had about 6 slow pulls on it and she had a couple less

There was still green left, some brown, and dark brown

I started at 9pm position and I was getting a good vapour off it, turned the dial to 12 and then eventually 3pm

I started to feel trippy and then I was giggly.

Best part was when I sat on my new coach and I actually felt how nice the material was, as if I have never noticed the feel before, senses were heightened.

Finally felt a little stoned

Was a weird feeling vaporizing, as if I was smoking but without the harshness.

I feel like I smell of smoke but I don't it's weird lol

bleak

Stoner Gear Peddler
Accessory Maker
im going to try to use the arizer elbow screen in the tip of the DBV wand to make for a "mini wand" if you will...

That works well, I do that pretty often. When the Arizer elbow bowl is pointed upwards, it extends just above the top edge of the Buddha. Enough to get your lips around :) It reminds me of using the Magic Flight without a mouthpiece... 'direct to the source' hehe

bleak,

Techmob

hey guys...

if i want to get a more of a coach lock hit do i turn the heat up more on the da buddha?

Techmob,
Top Bottom