Da Buddha

TheDudeAbides

Ordained Dudeist Minister
Hello all!,
First time posting on this bad ass forum! Im 28 have been a daily user for about 4 years (I know! It took catching my fianc toking to say hey :opass that! Not to mention my parents have been users for 30 plus years and I was too stupid to notice:rolleyes:). Since then I cant believe I never did the research on vaporizers. Dont get me wrong I am all up in the culture with making apparatuses out of everything. So I never owned a GonG, always acrylic and a few glass pipes. This past Christmas I decided to order an Ehle 500ml with a 5 tree ash catcher percolator. After waiting a month it finally arrived and blew my socks off. Very well made top notch joints and craftsmanship. The few draw backs was they sent me the wrong 500ml so I still decided to keep it. Just to keep from waiting any longer. Plus no glass gauze accompanied it. If any Ehle users knows the opening in the glass bowl is HUGE. So a metal screen was used (blah). After about a month I realized I was using way too much herb and was waking up with shortness of breath, headaches etc. Granted I was ripping the hell out of this thing back to back. My friends took interest in my GonG and decided they wanted to buy it.
So, after about twenty-four hours of collectively researching for vaporizers over the week, which many of those hours were on FC (THANKS!). I decided to go with Da Buddha Vaporizer. Ordered through Ebay, 2 days later and $169 bucks, I was a happy camper. Right out the box, plugged in and cooked off the oils, and packed my first wand. I read that it usually takes a week on the learning curve. With meno curve needed!( I thought). I instantly got great vapor and AMAZING taste off mids! Two hits ranging 10-15 seconds and I was no longer a combustor. Thats all I needed! I wanted more but it was crazy! I adjusted the knob after taking it off and resetting it at the 6 oclock (with it turned off). I was setting it around the 1-2 oclock area for a few days and using very little herb (just enough to cover the screen). I was getting somewhat good vapor and great taste but my loads were not lasting past 3 or 4 hits. So I fine tweaked it by turning it down to around 11-12 oclock. Loaded more in the whip than usual and WOW:o, I thought I knew what I was doing right out the box. One massive vapor cloud put me out for HOURS.
So needless to say I was just so ecstatic with my new purchase. Not to mention all the benefits of vaporizing from the vapor brownies, the wand hash, no headaches, amazing high, AND THE TASTE! I had a friend get a hold of one gram of a Sour Diesel strain(smelled just like froot loops dipped in diesel). I very lightly trimmed the outside some and had just enough to cover the screen. So much flavor with the Diesel I was sneezing from the lemon turpentines! I just have a few questions concerning Da Buddha if anyone can help. I was looking to get the Fat daddy wand but I havent read any reviews about it. I figured using the amount that I am now, using with the fat daddy wand would allow more air to circulate in the wand. I also figured it would go through a bowl a lot quicker because of this. Also has anyone used the Sherlock ash catcher percolator attachment that they sell at 7th floor? It looks awesome but cumbersome. Id just use a GonG or in my case I just bought an acrylic tube with a 6 inch diffused 14mm glass stem that I had lying around to do bong/vape rips. Again thanks for all the info. I though I would share my wall o text to let all the people knowDa Buddha gives the karma.:)

TheDudeAbides,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Haha, I was just wondering about that myself.

Is it the dude from ECF, or just another dude? There are so many dudes out there, dude.

:rolleyes:

Great first post anyways, I enjoyed the read over here.

I better go check my local resources for a taste of that Sour Diesel you mention :brow:

OhTheAgony,
Reactions: vorrange

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
Another SSV user lurking... See you've been talking about the mini-whip. I was turned on to it a few months after getting my SSV and I've barely used my standard wand since, at least not for solo sessions.
You get a greater amount of thicker hits off small amounts than you do with the standard (which certainly has the ability to deliver bigger overall hits, but not if you're only using a little bit) and the whole session seems to last longer. I always get too vaked to remember to count the hits or how long its been though :ko:

Edit: As mentioned above I think a lot of it has to do with your starting temperature. When I began using the mini-whip I noticed I could get nice, visibly thick hits from around 9 o'clock onwards, whereas it wasn't until about 12 o'clock that you get the same from the standard wand.

Last edited by a moderator:
wilf789,
Reactions: vorrange

TheDudeAbides

Nah just a newcomer to the board. No clue about EFC. Don't know who or what site that is. I just found that this site is awesome. You mods have a life time member here!

FC for life :)

yeah still working on that 1 g of diesel...got about .5 left. After vaping on it for about 3 or 4 days. :o

Thanks again guys and gals

Anybody know about that fat daddy wand or the ash catcher percolator sherlock set up?

TheDudeAbides,

cluffy

Vaker
wilf789 said:
Another SSV user lurking... See you've been talking about the mini-whip. I was turned on to it a few months after getting my SSV and I've barely used my standard wand since, at least not for solo sessions.
You get a greater amount of thicker hits off small amounts than you do with the standard (which certainly has the ability to deliver bigger overall hits, but not if you're only using a little bit) and the whole session seems to last longer. I always get too vaked to remember to count the hits or how long its been though :ko:

Edit: As mentioned above I think a lot of it has to do with your starting temperature. When I began using the mini-whip I noticed I could get nice, visibly thick hits from around 9 o'clock onwards, whereas it wasn't until about 12 o'clock that you get the same from the standard wand.

Nicely stated. I couldn't agree more. And I still use the mini whip for groups. I like having a fresh wand more often. I think the 2nd or 3rd hit from a wandfull is the tastiest, so everybody gets to have a freshy!!!!

cluffy,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
cluffy said:
wilf789 said:
Another SSV user lurking... See you've been talking about the mini-whip.

Nicely stated. I couldn't agree more. And I still use the mini whip for groups. I like having a fresh wand more often. I think the 2nd or 3rd hit from a wandfull is the tastiest, so everybody gets to have a freshy!!!!

Having said that - my broken mini-whip has forced a return to the standard wand and I was worried at first about efficiency. But instead of loading a small amount in I loaded double, almost to the top of the wand, and the standard was literally hitting the same bowl all day, barely ever needing to raise the temperature above the 12 o'clock point.
Maybe with the standard more is more, and the mini-whip less is more... if that makes sense :/

wilf789,

shane15

Hey Da Buddha users, I was just wondering if any of you have looked into possibly making or using something to prop up the DBV to put it on an angle like the SSV?

shane15,

max

Out to lunch
^ Are you having problems keeping your herb in the wand while connected? I can't imagine another reason for wanting to change the angle. It would make the GG connection more likely to let go and drop your wand out of the HC.

max,

shane15

I find that when I prop something under the back of the DB the herb get more evenly vaped. When the DB wasnt being proped up it would all fall to the bottom of the wand due to gravity. I have read about starting your inhale before you insert the wand. Would this be a preffered method of starting your draw?

Maybe there is a possiblity that you could switch out the standard base and attach some sort of block to give it some kind of angle.
Ill try and post a pic of my current DBV setup with my "customized" downward angle. :lol:

shane15,

mitchelli

I just got a Da Buddha today and after running it 10 minutes was ready...screwed ground glass wand into heater into the heater cover, tried it out before smoking and could not remove it from the cover...I tried googling and read try wiggling very carefully in every direction till it pops out...use latex gloves to get a better grip on it. I tried both and it just won't come out and I am really afraid I will break it...any help out there???? thanks ps I didn't screw it in that tight either....honest

mitchelli,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
I have read about starting your inhale before you insert the wand. Would this be a preffered method of starting your draw?
Yup, that works perfectly. You only need to start inhaling first the first time you insert the wand..after the 1st hit the bowl tends to stay in place (until you stir it ofcourse ;) )

TwztedVaper,

TheDudeAbides

I find that mine stuck the first couple of times of uses. I felt the same way about breaking mine but grasping the elbow bowl cover (while cold) I have heard of somehow freezing or getting that elbow heater cover cold. While firmly holding twist the wand WITHOUT BENDING IN ANY DIRECTION! You just want to twist. Bending will break or weaken the integrity of your glass. You also might be vaping at too high of a temperature. The glass will expand under high heat, thus sticking harder even if you just nudged it a little left or right to "hold" it in place. If you have air duster in a can try spraying the connection for a few seconds at full blast to quick freeze it wait a second then try to twist it off. Always ALWAYS wash your glass if you do this method because of any chemicals or oils that collected on your glass. Hope this helps.

TheDudeAbides,

majorpayne66

Colorado MMJ Patient
There was some talk about putting it at a angle around this post #689. I use to hang my buddah on the wall in my workbench and It did seem like it worked better. I have since gone back to just sitting it on the bench for some unknown reason.

steiner666 said:
the electrician said:
heres an idea, how about putting a 19 to 14mm reducing adapter into the heating cover and using a 14mm wand? you could pack a lot less in and get a much more rewarding hit im sure, thanks to the more restricted airflow increasing the vapor:air ratio...
If i still had my dbv i would def give that i try, since the heater cover opening being too big was one of my main gripes with the dbv. Although, i think i would try to replace it with a standard silversurfer heatercover and bowl set first, since the ground glass connection just made it a bother to stir IMO.

I think someone should make a dbv upgrade kit, have it include a ssv hc and wand along with a replacement base that gives the dbv the ssv'd downward angle... something like this

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk265/steiner666/dbvbase.jpg
(pick and wand holders on the side were an afterthought)

This would pretty much turn the dbv into a ssv. I'm not sure what the price diff is now days... I'm sure unless this "upgrade kit" was priced really low that a lot of ppl would just buy a ssv instead of a dbv and save themselves the bother, but a lot of dbv owners (self included) dont come to appreciate the advantages to the ssv's design until after using the dbv for a while after they buy it.

majorpayne66,

TheDudeAbides

^^^^ :rolleyes: ^^^^

I myself have been thinking of getting together with my Pops and putting our HEADS to the grindstone on something like this. I have been trying to think of ways of making a whip holder/stand for for both ends. I usually hold my wand anyway to turn and roast the goodies. Having it hanging like what your talking about is great, I do worry about my goodies falling down the elbow. Problem is I am constantly putting mine up. In a apartment living the American Dream with my family. So The Dude keeps things wrapped up...

TheDudeAbides,

cluffy

Vaker
Here's my set-up, once again I was lucky to get the ssv type HC before 7th Floor wised up and quit making them for Da Buddha. (Thanks Daddygreenjeans and Darth_Vapor!!)
2h3oqau.jpg

The pick holder is just a neodynium magnet hot glued to the side. Works GREAT!
I made the wand holder myself on a Bridgeport.
Oh, and the pick is a blowgun dart.

TheDudeAbides

Brilliant Wand holder! I would want a separate unit. I am thinking of making a very small item like this
images

It almost looks as if the DBV could fit on the stand!

To some how move or bend the sprin g holder to accomplish this effect
sideways_iron.jpg

to hold the wand and mouth piece. The only problem...is to support or have something hold the DBV at the angle as to imitate the SSV. Kind of have a nice all in one handmade desk DBV angled "paperweight" with spring tension wand holder.

I'm going to be rich

edit: Dude my Pops uses a blow dart! that is too funny.

TheDudeAbides,
So I just bought a used Da buddha for a great price! Only problem is came with a broken whip.

So after glancing at this thread it seems there are multiple whips people seem to favor, and I'm curious which I should get.

If I'm going to get one whip for Da Buddha which should it be? What if I were going to get two and want more versatility, which two then?

Also, my DBV has a weird resistance on the dial when I try to turn it all the way down, is that normal? Do you have to unplug the unit period to turn it off or is it "off" when that's turned all the way down?

charliedontsurf,

TheDudeAbides

charliedontsurf said:
So I just bought a used Da buddha for a great price! Only problem is came with a broken whip.

So after glancing at this thread it seems there are multiple whips people seem to favor, and I'm curious which I should get.

If I'm going to get one whip for Da Buddha which should it be? What if I were going to get two and want more versatility, which two then?

Also, my DBV has a weird resistance on the dial when I try to turn it all the way down, is that normal? Do you have to unplug the unit period to turn it off or is it "off" when that's turned all the way down?

Congrats on the new "used?" DBV. Sorry about the wand...that sucks. I stay with the standard whip and mouth piece. I am a utilitarian and minimalist all in one. I have no one to impress with fancy colored glass. Hell I purchased an EHLE sandblasted strip 500ml tube just for its simplicity and pure beauty. I have yet to get an answer about the Fat daddy wand 7th floor makes. I figured it would disperse the air uniformly around the bowl for a good hit. Again I am a minimalist I sold the EHLE for the DBV and never looked back. Only maybe to buy a smaller 250ml EHLE for "water pipe" vape hits. The Fat daddy wand might use up more stock. So look at that angle. The Standard whip is super easy to clean. No nooks and crannies for YOUR wand hash.

TheDudeAbides,

Brenard420

Creepin in the shadows!
So im Pretty pissed off. I have the worst luck in the world so when I bought my da buddha I pretty much expected it to be broken on delivery. To my surprise it wasnt. But three weeks have past and NOW its broken. A thin little strip of metal broke off from the metal cylinder that the heater cover slides over. Now the heater cover is loose as a hooker and the cover just spins around and lets air through.

Brenard420,

Brenard420

Creepin in the shadows!
So uppon further investigation i discover that the whole pice that the heater cover slides over is cover by a thin Aluminum cylinder (im sure its not aluminum just feels cheap and im pissed). Im sure that this is what the strip broke off of. i tured the cylinder around 180degrees and it seems to be a bit tighter now. not what it used to be though

Brenard420,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Brenard, before you accidentally cause any further damage to your DBV, I would e-mail 7th Floor customer service and see what they can do. They really are helpful and who knows, maybe that warranty will come in handy ;)

aesthyrian,
Top Bottom