Da Buddha

stuartambient

nuvap said:
Hi guys. I'm hoping for a little advice from the experts here. I've read thread after thread about the best vapes and I decided to buy a DBV as it was such a good vape and not a bad price. It arrived at the weekend and I set about trying to get used to it (used a couple of other vapes before but this was my first whip-style). I love the hit you get from a loaded bowl but the BIG problem I have is that I seem to be using huge amounts of herb with this DBV and no matter what I do I can't seem to reduce the quantity and get a good vape.

I was wondering if there was anyway to buy a smaller bowl or if anyone had tips on how to get the best from small amounts of herb. As it stands at the moment, I can see this DBV being replaced with something a little bit more efficient very soon (such as a PD. Is there anything else as efficient as the PD? because I am struggling to find a PD in the UK) which I really don't want to do because I really like the DBV because it is a quality product.... but it is going to increase my herb costs massively.

Please help! ;)

a 1/4 fill on the wand with some decently ground material should be enough though it won't get you a lot of foggy exhalations. Don't be fooled though, if you have it at 11 and you get no vapor on expulsion you are still getting a vapor generally provided you are tasting the med. I have mind a year now while it has taken me some time to get used too it also depends on my mood on how much I'm going to turn it up.

Make sure you keep stirring after hits and also more grinding is good, if you do that along with perhaps cranking the heat up (I generally don't go passed 1 to 1:30) along the way you should be enjoying it. I think the tendency though is to just spill it out and fill with fresh.

The other thing is save your ABV (already been vaped material), it has value , for vaping during tough times or edibles. I melted some of my wand hash into some milk and wound up tripping for a day. It's a nice treat and good reuse of medicine.

Good luck, you made a good choice.

Stuart

stuartambient,

nuvap

85% Sativa / 15% Indica
Thanks for the replys. I really am struggling to use the DBV with small amounts of herb. I just can't seem to get any vapor unless I stick about 0.2g in... which is costing me a fortune. I'll give it another go tonight and see if I can get the hang of it but seems I am wasting so much herb by putting in small amounts and not getting any hit from it that it does seem that I have to use more to get anywhere.

The sad thing is I know the DBV is a excellent vape but because it uses so much herb (or at least does in my hands) I have spent all morning trying to find someone who sells a PD or MZ to the UK to replace the DBV. However, finding one of these in the Uk is like looking for moon rocks on mars so it seems I will have to see if I can improve my DBV efficiency or look for a different vape.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

nuvap,

sunsett70

your herb cost can be lowered if you go thru this thread cause you'll find tips on how to improve efficiency and 'customise' your dbv. the dbv is great for small, big or mixed bowl :brow:

sunsett70,

sirprancelot

@Nuvap... why don't you consider a magic flight launchbox instead of the PD. Keep the DB and add to your collection the MFL. I am a UK user and they're easy to pick up here. Use the MFL to hit on your weed (you won't blow clouds) to get high. Take the vaped MFL weed and collect for use in your DB to get twice the mileage. That's what I do. The MFL is not as good at completely vaping the bud and it keeps my weed going loads longer like this. Also... personally speaking... I find that the SSV (same as DB basically) floors me and is not good for daytime usage as it properly fucks me up. The MFL gives me the perfect high but it does take a little getting used to if you're coming from a smoking background. It's subtle but deadly and the most incredible little portable. My only complaint is it does not do hash. Oh well... There's another portable vap I've seen that does :).

PS yeah and don't forget to collect the wand hash if you have a glass wand. It's some of the best hash ever and is an amazing reward for cleaning. I let mine clog up and then scrape off the hash. Normally enough for 2 sessions. If you only have the tubing and no wand like on SSV... the tubing collects hash as well. Simply squeeze the tube between thumb and finger and work from one end to the other. At end... blow from one end and use tissue to collect form the other. You'll get a sessions worth if lucky just from the piping. Oh and for keeping you piping going longer I have an excellent trick. I use Roor bong cleaner... dribble a bit down the pipe and then hit with hot water. It'll clean the piping through like almost new the first times. After a while the piping will stain too bad but it keeps those pipes going a LOT longer and is worth it. I use red Eye citrus cleaner for the wand (after scraping most the hash off) and that gets my wand looking like brand new :). So you can be quite efficient... if you're smart :). Hope this helps!

sirprancelot,

Nycdeisel

nuvap said:
Thanks for the replys. I really am struggling to use the DBV with small amounts of herb. I just can't seem to get any vapor unless I stick about 0.2g in... which is costing me a fortune. I'll give it another go tonight and see if I can get the hang of it but seems I am wasting so much herb by putting in small amounts and not getting any hit from it that it does seem that I have to use more to get anywhere.

The sad thing is I know the DBV is a excellent vape but because it uses so much herb (or at least does in my hands) I have spent all morning trying to find someone who sells a PD or MZ to the UK to replace the DBV. However, finding one of these in the Uk is like looking for moon rocks on mars so it seems I will have to see if I can improve my DBV efficiency or look for a different vape.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

See post #1236 on this page, and dont forget to hold your hits in for a while, at least 10 seconds minimum.

Nycdeisel,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
@Nuvap: what quality bud are you using? i pack like 0.05g in my DBV and i get atleast 15 nice hits off it, starting at 1030-11ish and ending at 2. the key is starting low.

Here is a tip if you find that when loading small amounts it's hard to keep the bud on the screen: start inhaling through the whip right before you put the wand into the heater cover so that it sucks the bud up to the screen and keeps it there while you take your hit. after 1-2 hits the bud doesn't fall out of place.

TwztedVaper,

UncleJunior

Just got a new wand but this one has a black DBV logo on it. Was wondering if anyone else liked the plain ones better and tried to get that writing off. Anyone try that?

UncleJunior,

Nycdeisel

Try cleaning it with iso and salt, of course it may not come off because I dont know what the black material that you are referring to is. I like the all clear wands, havent seen the ones your speaking of though.

Nycdeisel,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
it's probably the same thing they do to the SSV wands. I personally don't mind it one bit, but if you're careful with a razor blade maybe you can scrape it off.

Personally I wouldn't risk damaging my glass wand to remove such a minor detail.

aesthyrian,
Hey guys, looking to purchase my da buddha in the next couple of days since vapeworld got a new shipment :)

I've been trying to enter the Promo code for the FC community- FC2010, it's not working.
Can someone help me out? Did the Promo code change?

stayhungry,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
well, it is 2011 so yeah it's probably expired. Try e-mailing Chris or check the retailers discounts thread.

aesthyrian,

SSVRichard

Richard
Company Rep
aesthyrian said:
well, it is 2011 so yeah it's probably expired. Try e-mailing Chris or check the retailers discounts thread.

This is correct; the code has expired. Unfortunately, there isn't an active code at the moment. We will keep you posted though.

SSVRichard,

SmokingElectricity

My custom DBV wand came with SSV in black and red painted on it. Wore off over time. The wand i use for vapor bongs has SSV actually imprinted into the glass. It's no big deal. At least you know it's official.

@Destructo

No way is someone putting a .05 into a DBV and getting 15 nice hits.

SmokingElectricity,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
uhh, just coz you don't, doesn't mean i don't. i pack tiny amounts in my DBV every day (just about enough to cover the screen) and i can EASILY pull off 10 nice hits, with visible vapour upon exhaling even after holding for 10-15 seconds. try using lower temperatures and better weed and then talk.

TwztedVaper,

UncleJunior

I pack very small bowls. I have a scale and the bowls are too light to even weight. It is well under .1 grams and I get about 5 great tasting, heavy hits. After that, you can keep stirring and vaping on a lower temp for about another 5 hits but the vape will be lighter. Turn up the heat for thicker hits, but the taste rapidly declines. You can get at least 10 hits off of less than .1 grams.

UncleJunior,

fudpucker

I use a coffee grinder to grind my stuff for the MFLB, as it appears finer=better for that magic little box. But what is the proper grind for Da Buddha? Should it not be as fine a grind?

fudpucker,

Nycdeisel

No where near as fine as what you would need for a MFLB, a lot more coarse actually. Dont grind too fine, a normal consistency

Nycdeisel,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
fudpucker said:
I use a coffee grinder to grind my stuff for the MFLB, as it appears finer=better for that magic little box. But what is the proper grind for Da Buddha? Should it not be as fine a grind?
It's not recommended to grind that fine for the DB, if you own a regular grinder I would use that or invest in one. I have used ground bud for my MFLB with my DB before and almost burnt it after the second hit.

AgentofChaos,

lwien

UncleJunior said:
You can get at least 10 hits off of less than .1 grams.

Yeah, but he's talking about getting, "at least" 15 "tasty" hits from half as much. This is the first that I've ever heard of anyone getting 15 "tasty hits" from 0.05gr. in a Buddha. I sure as hell wasn't able to do that and I have access to some of the best bud around.

TW, I'm not implying that you're making all this up. I'm just sayin' that I've never been able to mirror your experience and I can't fathom how it's done. Hell, that would make the DBV more efficient than a PD.

Considering the size of the bowl (as compared to the PD), the increased surface area of the screen (as compared to the PD) along with the increased surface area on the inside of the whip and wand for condensation to build up, as compared to the PD, I just don't see how this is possible.

lwien,

blackbur

TwztedElegance said:
uhh, just coz you don't, doesn't mean i don't. i pack tiny amounts in my DBV every day (just about enough to cover the screen) and i can EASILY pull off 10 nice hits, with visible vapour upon exhaling even after holding for 10-15 seconds. try using lower temperatures and better weed and then talk.

can you take a picture of dbv wand loaded?
can you take a picture of your better weed?
are you using a scale to measure out your bud?

blackbur,

Earths Essence

lwien said:
UncleJunior said:
You can get at least 10 hits off of less than .1 grams.

Yeah, but he's talking about getting, "at least" 15 "tasty" hits from half as much. This is the first that I've ever heard of anyone getting 15 "tasty hits" from 0.05gr. in a Buddha. I sure as hell wasn't able to do that and I have access to some of the best bud around.

TW, I'm not implying that you're making all this up. I'm just sayin' that I've never been able to mirror your experience and I can't fathom how it's done. Hell, that would make the DBV more efficient than a PD.

Considering the size of the bowl (as compared to the PD), the increased surface area of the screen (as compared to the PD) along with the increased surface area on the inside of the whip and wand for condensation to build up, as compared to the PD, I just don't see how this is possible.

Your obsessiveness with efficiency always amuses me.

Think of it like this: .1 in the DBV/SSV/LSV is MUCH better than 4 stems in the PD (which would equal .1). Also, the PD stem .025 bowl is on the very LIGHT end of the packing spectrum, meaning, if you put a little more in than would go in one inhale, you're packing more than .025. The PD is efficient. We know that. But, if a person is just willing to pack .1 instead, you'll get a PROPORTIONATE amount of vapor, if not better, compared to the PD's .025 bowl.

Earths Essence,
Top Bottom