Da Buddha

Glasgow Mega-Snake

rubber soul
I bought my Da Buddha from a MMJ dispensary in Boulder back in mid-2008. It's first generation; the logo is the letters DBD surrounded by a swirl rather than the image of a buddha. Daily use. There were a few years there were it was on all the time.

Cleaning it the other day, I removed the glass heater cover and noticed little piles of white dust and a larger white flake (little bigger than pinhead size) of what resembled the heating element material sitting on the round metal housing surrounding it. It's clearly from where and when the heating element rubs against the metal housing. The element has its share of little black streaks from years of use and infrequent cleanings. The element below the metal seat (I can pull it up and push it down a little because it's springy) is streaked with black even more so.

Didn't think any of it, it's ceramic rubbing against metal; dust, a flake, and black steaks all seem to make sense as I bang it around moving it on my coffee table. But I ended googling the symptoms and came up with the big psychedelic freakout of that thread from reddit that claims alumina ceramic is dangerous to inhale, especially particles of it.

Whatever. My heating element has shed a little ceramic. I should have taken pictures but it didn't occur to me until after I made the mistake of googling.

Is my Da Buddha dangerous? Is it time to retire it to a shelf? Ship it down to the Springs for a refurb? What am I going to do without a vaporizer for two weeks? Smoke?!

Is it time to buy a new one for $142 with seasonal coupon from a well known online distributor?

I've respected this community for years. Saw me through the weird and wild year and a half (early 2010 to 2011) of my first and last MFLB. Being turned on to Eneloops was worth the ride and MFLB has some of the best customer service I've ever experienced.

Thoughts? I'd love to hear from someone who has had a Da Buddha as long as I've had.

Happy Holidays, Fuck Combustion.

fuzzybunny

I wanted to use my Buddha without the whip, so I picked up a 18mm male/18/mm female gong piece to use with my bubbler.
hlYnfq0.jpg

I circled where the screen is, not sure why. It is in the same place as the wand's screen
RB6hkYD.jpg

as

I wanted to use my Buddha without the whip, so I picked up a 18mm male/18/mm female gong piece to use with my bubbler.
I circled where the screen is, not sure why. It is in the same place as the wand's screen
That's sick what I'm going to do but with a pnwt in top

as,

Burnttoast22

Eats your cake in front of you
Hi Guys,

I've been reading quite a bit of this thread and I've come to the conclusion that I must be doing something wrong with my first Vaporizer.

I've had my DBV for nearly a week now and from what I've read I'm just not finding the sweet spot. With the dial set to about 12:30 I can get a reasonable vapor cloud when I exhale but I don't get very stoned at all compared to smoking a spliff with the same amount of weed.

I have tried raising/lowering the temp and inhaling at a slow constant rate and then jacking it up bit each time I hit and it seems to make no difference.

I've found out from this thread that you should hold the vapor as long as you can before exhaling which has had a slightly better effect.

I'll go through my routine and I hope someone can point out where I'm going wrong as I've had three bowls in a row and I've been nowhere near falling over.

Turn DBV to full for 5 mins
Turn back down to between 12 & 1
Pack wand with 0.2g of ground weed
Insert wand
Take slow and constant 10-15 second hits and then hold vapor for as long as possible probably another 20 seconds or so.

With this method I can get four or five good hits from one wand. I notice that the vapor I exhale tastes very watery and has a mild taste of weed.

After one bowl I have a slight buzz on, after three bowls I fairly baked but, like I said, nothing compared to smoking the same amount in a couple of joints.

I did manage one hit on my first night with it where it felt like I was inhaling a well packed pipe but without the nasty coughing fit afterwards. I assume this was a proper hit as I was floating for a good half an hour I just don't know how to replicate it :(

I watched a few tutorials on youtube and one guy says that you need to suck hard enough to get that sort of slight hum from the air passing through the opening and another said you have to suck quite slowly.

I thought that maybe I could have broken it somehow as even if I turn it up all the way and suck slow I can't get the weed to ignite.

Anyway sorry the wall of text I just hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Thank you for your time.

Burnttoast22,
Is it browning your weed? Does the load look spent when it's done? Vaporizing is a completely different high then smoking is so you can't be lol looking for the same effects because it won't happen. Also noticed you put spliff? Well smoking weed and Tabacco mixed will give a waaaaaay different effect. Are you grinding up your weed throughly? How do you fill the wand? Your not supposed to pack it down just loosely let it fill it up Maybe a little press but not pack. We need more details to fully help you. Could you make a video of your session?

Burnttoast22

I'll try and get a vid up tomorrow. In the meantime,

Yes the weed is brown and very crumbly after use.

I generally smoke spliffs but also have a pipe which is only ever used with pure weed.

I have a space case grinder (proper one) and give it a thorough grinding.

I do pack the wand as I was told that if the wand is more than half full you can ignite the weed by accident. 0.2g of the weed I have right now would fill the wand to the top if I didn't pack it.

Its also a tad on the moist side (which could make a difference?) not wet at all but could certainly use a few days or so in an airing cupboard to properly dry it.

Thanks for your help :)

Burnttoast22,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Didn't the heating element fall lower in some of them causing it to be too low in temp?

Did you buy it new? Picture?

Magic9,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Looks alright to me. I would get some pretty massive hits at about 12-1 after it warmed up. I'm not sure what the problem is. I just used my pinky to push it in a little. Never "packed" it. Someone will know though.

Magic9,

Burnttoast22

Are you just not noticing tha vapor high? It will not get you baked like a joint or bowl. That's what my combusting friends just dont comprehend.. Yuck

What do you mean exactly? After hitting the vape a few times I feel a bit lighter but none of the furry eye/glowy feeling stuff I get when I've been hitting the pipe with pure weed.

I certainly don't feel anywhere near as high* from using a vape than smoking pure weed/solids.

*not that body throbbing brain interference you get with alcohol/tobacco mix but the high fuzzy/furry/giggly/floaty feeling.

Burnttoast22,

Burnttoast22

Hi guys, just wanted to say thanks for the pointers and stuff. After a bit of fiddling I think I've got it sorted!

I think it was partly a combination of it being a somewhat different high to what I'm used to and it's taken a week or so for me to differentiate and running it to hot. I turned the DBV down a bit to 12 O' Clock and have just run a small bowel through it for about 8 tokes, seems to get more out of it at a lower temp, and then turned it up to 2 O'clock to finish it off.

ten minutes later and I am feeling nice and fuzzy :ko:

Herr_Dampf

My Buddha is off to a bad start :(
7th Floor charged me twice for the same order, different ammounts each time and as far as I can tell, to much (like 30 bucks on the first and 10 on the second charge). All the while, my order is still Processing.
Sent them a message about it allready, hope to hear from them soon.
To make matters worse, my CC is now out of funds and I can't buy the last few christmas gifts :(

Sorry if thats the wrong thread to post this in, I just had to moan and cry a bit.

F-in CC companies, 7th Floor was totaly blameless.

Last edited:
Herr_Dampf,
Top Bottom