Da Buddha

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Hey everybody. I'm trying to see if there's a way to make an anti-blowback feature for the dbv. I've done the thing putting a grinder cover under the base to get the ssv tilt, which is good for spillage when taking the wand in or out. But I want something to catch the bowl from blasting into the heater when someone takes a massive hit and blows back into the whip.

Putting a screen in the heater cover makes the most sense, since it won't prevent stirring between hits. But it looks to me like there's not many places to put a screen, that aren't blocked/covered by the wand's GonG fitting. Has anyone found a solution to this? I'm tempted to look into getting a custom heater cover made, with a built-in glass screen maybe...

syrupy,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
Hey everybody. I'm trying to see if there's a way to make an anti-blowback feature for the dbv. I've done the thing putting a grinder cover under the base to get the ssv tilt, which is good for spillage when taking the wand in or out. But I want something to catch the bowl from blasting into the heater when someone takes a massive hit and blows back into the whip....

Definitely try the GG adapter that syrupy and as mentioned on the page before...or more economically, putting a screen inside the heater cover will be quite a challenge, they just aren't made to accept it. Another option is to use these: (on the left)
screens_1.png

They are a bit of a hassle to get out when hot, but they work REALLY well. If you have a duff tray where you can mount a cork or superball in the middle, then you can tap the end to stir. I need to stir often so I know the pain. Use them only with novices?

Last edited:

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
Hey everybody. I'm trying to see if there's a way to make an anti-blowback feature for the dbv. I've done the thing putting a grinder cover under the base to get the ssv tilt, which is good for spillage when taking the wand in or out. But I want something to catch the bowl from blasting into the heater when someone takes a massive hit and blows back into the whip.

Putting a screen in the heater cover makes the most sense, since it won't prevent stirring between hits. But it looks to me like there's not many places to put a screen, that aren't blocked/covered by the wand's GonG fitting. Has anyone found a solution to this? I'm tempted to look into getting a custom heater cover made, with a built-in glass screen maybe...
I posted a few options one page back. 7th floor says they're open to custom glass orders so next time I order something I'm going to see if they'll make me a heater cover with a crease for a pipe screen right inside joint ... think this will be the cleanest looking way to do this

MileHighLife

They are made of some sort of dense plastic or maybe Teflon that doesn't melt at these temps.

MileHighLife,
Reactions: syrupy

ludwig

I've been split between the DBV and SSV..

I am leaning towards the DBV but I have one question. The consensus seems to favor SSV with the vapor quality mainly because of the differences in the heater cover. I am wondering if I got the DBV and wanted to improve the vapor quality, would I be able to switch out the DBV glass heater cover and pop in a SSV heater cover to get the vapor quality but using a DBV unit since the guts are pretty much the same?

ludwig,

Ezzie Koffer

Unfortunately that won't work well. The SSV is designed without a top surface so to allow the wand to swivel around the heat cover easily. On the DBV, the path leading to the heat cover is a hole, kind of like a tunnel, and the roof of the tunnel will impede the swivel motion required to use the SSV HC.

You could cut the top of the DBV and widen the hole with a power tool but then that's a lot of effort to save some $ when you can just get a SSV.

Personally, I really like having a hand free when using the DBV and find the vapor quality to be very satisfying.

ludwig

Unfortunately that won't work well. The SSV is designed without a top surface so to allow the wand to swivel around the heat cover easily. On the DBV, the path leading to the heat cover is a hole, kind of like a tunnel, and the roof of the tunnel will impede the swivel motion required to use the SSV HC.

You could cut the top of the DBV and widen the hole with a power tool but then that's a lot of effort to save some $ when you can just get a SSV.

Personally, I really like having a hand free when using the DBV and find the vapor quality to be very satisfying.

Are you talking about the standard cover? I was thinking about SSV's hands free cover replacing DBV's hands free? But it seems the same problem might arise there...

One of features I really like abotu DBV/SSV is the aromatherapy, my girlfriend enjoys aromatherapy, it helps her with her anxiety. I plan on using essential oil along with the aromatherapy top on DBV, any clue of how it performs? I intend to leave it on most of the time and hopefully it would be powerful enough to fill the room with the essential oil I choose that day..

MileHighLife

I use wax melts for the most part but in one of my aroma therapy tops for my UD I use cedarwood oil and bees wax. The bees wax solidifies when I'm not using it in case I bump it or something the oil won't go everywhere ... it's not essential just insurance. I've never tried adding water but straight essential oils work well ime

MileHighLife,
Reactions: ludwig

Vitolo

Vaporist
I've been split between the DBV and SSV..

I am leaning towards the DBV but I have one question. The consensus seems to favor SSV with the vapor quality mainly because of the differences in the heater cover. I am wondering if I got the DBV and wanted to improve the vapor quality, would I be able to switch out the DBV glass heater cover and pop in a SSV heater cover to get the vapor quality but using a DBV unit since the guts are pretty much the same?
YES!
This is done by many people.
Go back through posts, and you will see member cluffy doing just this.
The DBV with standard SSV Heater Cover, and wand (in fact cluffy uses the mini wand)
is cluffy's vape of choice!

See his reply in the thread Da Buddha Vs SSV and you can see his unit in his signature.

ludwig

YES!
This is done by many people.
Go back through posts, and you will see member cluffy doing just this.
The DBV with standard SSV Heater Cover, and wand (in fact cluffy uses the mini wand)
is cluffy's vape of choice!

See his reply in the thread Da Buddha Vs SSV and you can see his unit in his signature.

Oh wow. This just cemented my decision of buying a DBV and going from there... I would probably give the DBV's hands free glass cover a run first so I can use the money on a custom glass knob, oil kit, and aromatherapy kit before ugprading my glass cover If i feel I could maximize the vapor production a bit more...

I love the customizability of 7th Floor products :) People turning DBVs into SSVs, SSVs into LSVs, and LSVs into whatever the hell this is. I'll never need another brand for my desktop vaping needs :D

I'm starting to see that! Making the decision of grabbing a 7th floor product more easier!

Jahannum

(。´∀`)ノ
I have found I love the heating element used by 7th Floor in the DBV and SSV.

To add to my earlier comments on the DBV, now that I got close to a couple weeks of use with the vaporizer. The sheer simplicity of the DBV with use is the real prize to me. No annoying digital interfaces, just a simple turn of the knob.

I have not used enough vaporizers to say the DBV is better than (insert name here), however I can still tell it is a high quality item.

Now I need to get a glass water kit for it and hook up a bong, then I can truly give my full opinion on this wonderful device.

Also I like the vapor/air ratio using the whip with my draw.

Top Bottom