Da Buddha

as

Sorry I'm confused do you want the domed screen at the end of the wand be for the whip or where the normal screen is

as,

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Sorry I'm confused do you want the domed screen at the end of the wand be for the whip or where the normal screen is

im sorry for confusing you ha, dome screen. and how much (how little) can you load

KidFated.,

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
So I found an option for those of you concerned with "blow back" in your Da Buddhas. The glass adapter I'm using is available on iOffer through GreenBuddha for $8.99 shipped. I don't know if the blower was trying to but he made a seat between the male and female connections that's perfect for a 1" pipe screen.

Option 1 is place a 1" pipe screen in the adapter and attach it to the heater cover using a 19/22 keck clip. Be careful when installing and removing the keck clip as you don't want to break the heater cover!

Kind of awkward looking but blow back is impossible.

Option 2 I'm calling the "Party Bowl" because you can fill the bowl to the very top then clip the adapter on to the whip. If you have the adapter clipped on it's practically impossible for herb to overflow when stirring which is really nice. This is the method that I've been using because I use a stemless water pipe which causes minor blow back on occasion after a hit but never enough for the herb to clear the added adapter. I wouldn't suggest using this method if you're worried friends are going to be coughing straight into the whip or something like that ... option 1 is best used there. I use a quick connect keck clip available through 7th floor on this one with no screen.

I found I need to turn up the heat the equivalent of 2 hours (from 11;00 to 1:00) to compensate for the added distance between the heating element and the herb.

JSteez4205

aka Gordon NugzB
Eeee @VapeNStone!! just looking back through this thread and saw this pic with your Penguin Pick in the Pic lol.. I have that same exact pick(have had for years now!) that I use on the daily as my dabber.. Wish they had a Panda one though!!

On Topic: Hope all New DBV owners are enjoying their investments.. As others have stated I too enjoy tilting my DBV so the HC has a more downward angle to it. Heck I've had my DBV for over 2 years now, owned a SSV for many years before it fried and had to be replaced with cheaper option, and still Love the Shit out of it!! I use a technique most probably can't/won't be able to apply, but would still like to share with everyone. It may have been shared before(long thread & I admit I haven't read it all) but what I like to do is sit on my couch with a TV tray holding my bubbler, I put my 7thfloor WPA connected to my hose into the bubbler after filling my wand, I then leave the bubbler in place as it is usually right at my mouth level, and pick up my DBV with right hand and place down on-top of the wand that I am holding in my left hand vertically.. I know some say their units get hot on the outside, I've never had an issue with mine doing this (I have the Black Matte finish not Stainless Steel)so this practice is what I have found best for me and My DBV. It provides a more even heating IMO and the herb def stays in place as opposed to jostling around as it tends to do if you have your DBV standing normally with the HC at it's 90*right angle..
Anyways that's all i have.. Just thought I'd share my :2c: and reiterate what Someone May have already said way back in this thread.

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
Eeee @VapeNStone!! just looking back through this thread and saw this pic with your Penguin Pick in the Pic lol.. I have that same exact pick(have had for years now!) that I use on the daily as my dabber.. Wish they had a Panda one though!!

On Topic: Hope all New DBV owners are enjoying their investments.. As others have stated I too enjoy tilting my DBV so the HC has a more downward angle to it. Heck I've had my DBV for over 2 years now, owned a SSV for many years before it fried and had to be replaced with cheaper option, and still Love the Shit out of it!! I use a technique most probably can't/won't be able to apply, but would still like to share with everyone. It may have been shared before(long thread & I admit I haven't read it all) but what I like to do is sit on my couch with a TV tray holding my bubbler, I put my 7thfloor WPA connected to my hose into the bubbler after filling my wand, I then leave the bubbler in place as it is usually right at my mouth level, and pick up my DBV with right hand and place down on-top of the wand that I am holding in my left hand vertically.. I know some say their units get hot on the outside, I've never had an issue with mine doing this (I have the Black Matte finish not Stainless Steel)so this practice is what I have found best for me and My DBV. It provides a more even heating IMO and the herb def stays in place as opposed to jostling around as it tends to do if you have your DBV standing normally with the HC at it's 90*right angle..
Anyways that's all i have.. Just thought I'd share my :2c: and reiterate what Someone May have already said way back in this thread.
Nice ... been rockin my da Buddha close to 3 years now and still use quite a bit but the underdog has been getting most of the use recently.

For a similar effect to what you are describing I like to start my draw while i have the wand out of the heater cover and vertical ... while drawing i place the wand into the heater cover take my desired amount of vapor and then while still drawing I pull the wand out of the heater cover and invert it again. The suction keeps the bowl in place while I move the wand around.

MileHighLife,
Reactions: JSteez4205

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
Like Ned429 stated couldn't we just place the correct sized screens into the heater cover to prevent future flare ups. They may have to fit snug or be pressed in to stay in Da Buddha HC

But im thinking with the Standard HC on the SSV thanks to the its design (narrowing hole/connection) & the SSV's angle, we could just drop a basic fitting screen in there which should stay in place

Many requests have been made for them to create HC's that can handle Screens. To date...nothing. Odd considering what they have a full glass shop, and claim to make you anything you want. They would probably do a one off?

Vapetologist,

KidFated.

Unknown Member

Jahannum

(。´∀`)ノ
My DBV Black Hole model is here! Like the look too! Gonna break her in nice and good later tonight(Still quite high from edibles right now). The carrying bag that came with it was well constructed and is also tame in colors with a sleek design(I like it). Glad I got the Black Hole, the design scheme is right down my alley. Will post results of the first "Session" when I break her in later tonight.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
My DBV Black Hole model is here! Like the look too! Gonna break her in nice and good later tonight(Still quite high from edibles right now). The carrying bag that came with it was well constructed and is also tame in colors with a sleek design(I like it). Glad I got the Black Hole, the design scheme is right down my alley. Will post results of the first "Session" when I break her in later tonight.
mine will be here tomorrow! im so jealous of tha blacked out vape though..

KidFated.

Unknown Member
i dont know if anyone remembers those one way valves that somebody suggest to prevent "blowback". well, i looked it up and operating temp was around 380F. sketchy.

KidFated.,

Jahannum

(。´∀`)ノ
Just used my DBV BH for the first time, and I got to say, it was even better than I was expecting. At first when I looked at how small the wand is(was a little surprised expecting it to be bigger), and then when I was loading the herb, I used very little and it still filled a third of the bowl(Maximum recommended load size, I know some load more).

When I was preparing the whip I had turned the DBV BH all the way up for a minute then twisted it down to highnoon. When the whip was loaded, I docked it in the HC and started off with a slow tug. I accelerated my breathing as soon as the vapors began to get a little more visible so that by the time there was a rich vapor stream, I was able to get a good fast draw while keeping the temperature/vapor the same(4-6 seconds). I stirred the bowl every 1-2 hits.

7 of these hits and I am already good, but decide to finish the load none the less. 12 hits in and I am already higher than I have been in about 2 years. 16 hits and I decide I am done and cash the wand tip onto a folder and inspect the ABV. It still had alot of green, I would say it could of gotten 5 more hits and still of been fine for a few more if you like to cook your flowers at the higher temperatures(Not my preferance).

Needless to say next time I will load half the flowers I did this session. This is going to do wonders on how fast I go through flowers.

@KidFated. You will like this vaporizer! :tup:

Also love the marble pick it comes with(such a useful tool).

Cheers to 7th Floor for making such a quality product. :cheers:

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
@Jahannum any pics of this "black hole" unit?? i have had a Black DBV for 4 or 5 years now... was curious to what change there is

mmenzie,

KidFated.

Unknown Member
@Jahannum you were SO right.. i have two strains one tastes like homemade riceKrispy treats gramma used to make me, one tastes piney, lemony, i LOVE this huge flavorful hitting vape.. my da vinci has been cleaned and is having a time out ;)

and a 14mm adapter is a perfect mouthpiece

Top Bottom