Da buddha dab kit (nail ? )

1337Dude

d9x2.jpg

Broke my oil heater cover while trying to take it off. The fit was extremely snug (using a tension clip), and I just kept pulling up on it with a slight twisting motion. The joint on the glass snapped and it broke off the top half of my heating element too. Perhaps the reason is that I didn't wait for the glass to cool down 100%, I tried to remove it while the glass was still warm (I'm assuming that made the difference to break it). I've taken off my heater covers while they were warm in the past so I assume it wasn't going to make that big of a difference this time around. I emailed 7th Floor asking if there's anything they could do to help me feel better about the situation, but I didn't buy my Da Buddah directly from 7th Floor's site and the glass warranty is only 30 days, so they weren't feeling too obligated to help me in any way.

1337Dude,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Never pull and twist at the same time. You can try to twist and then pull or you can try to pull directly up, but If you pull and twist at the same time you are asking for bad things to happen. It's just like never pulling and twisting a seized GonG joint.

That really sucks, man. I'm sorry that happened to you DB.

Deadshort480,

Vitolo

Vaporist
It helps to reach in the front hole with a finger first and hold the clip open before I remove or install an HC.

Vitolo,

1337Dude

Thanks, that will be my new strategy of removing the cover. I'm sending my DBV to 7th Floor for repairs ($25), and purchased a new heater cover ($36). I've got much hash that needs to be dabbed. I can't argue with the efficiency that this setup provides (efficient in terms of saving money and in terms of speed of medicine intake).

1337Dude,
Reactions: Vitolo
Ok I want one of these!!! Where can I get one? I tried to contact that email address I saw in the beginning, but from the sounds of it 7th floor is making these? Should I just contact them directly?

VapeNStone,

1337Dude

Hey Vitolo, on my spare DBV (yes, I have two), the tension clip is so tight that it's impossible for me to pull it back with heater cover in place. I suspect that it's the same case with my other DBV (the broken one). I'm afraid to put my new oil heater cover on this one because I'm afraid it's just going to break like my other DBV. I wish I had the old styled DBV's, because at this point I can't really testify to the design and durability of the ones I owned. A tension clip is just extremely tight and the grip is not even (only grips the glass by one side).

1337Dude,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Yes.. the tension clip is very tight.
My suggestion... just get in there with a fingertip ready for "tight".. and pull that thing back.
They pulled it back by hand to install it.
You can do it!

Vitolo,
see I have the old da buddha with the shims and spacers. Lets hope it's easy to change because I have never changed the heater cover ever on my da buddha.

VapeNStone,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
see I have the old da buddha with the shims and spacers. Lets hope it's easy to change because I have never changed the heater cover ever on my da buddha.

i had the shims and spacers model till i sent it in for repairs. when i got it back i now have the tension clip. as much of a pain the shims and spacers is... i liked it better than the tension clip. Thats my opinion.

mmenzie,

1337Dude

Yes.. the tension clip is very tight.
My suggestion... just get in there with a fingertip ready for "tight".. and pull that thing back.
They pulled it back by hand to install it.
You can do it!
I'm not being stubborn, I simply can't do it Vitolo. You would have to have midget hands and then some to be able to reach the tension clip with a heater cover in place. I received my new oil heater cover and just as I suspected, it's practically impossible to fit into my DBV. It simply doesn't fit all the way on. I'd pretty much have to put glass-breaking pressure on heater cover to fit into the DBV. It fits mostly on, but not all the way on.

Is there any way to loosen the pressure on the clip? That would be the only way I can fathomably fit this on. This is the 2nd oil heater cover I received that doesn't fit properly into the DBV. The oil heater covers are just too tall. I can't even fit my wand into it.

1337Dude,

Vitolo

Vaporist
an idea...
can you get in there with screwdriver and remove the clips?(replace the screws when done)
then you can move to using shims for snugness.
I am willing to send you shims that I have if you pay postage.
PM me for this option.

Vitolo,
Got my DBV nail kit today!!! Popped off my old heater cover with ease and put on the new one(going to have to add some shims but they were included with the package so I'll do that eventually, I just wanted to try it lol. Works great! I just turned my DBV all the way up and took it and it was just like a normal dab, not seeing any residue left behind so all is good. My stopper ball thing for the top was broken(just the tip lol) but it still serves it's purpose and I'll contact 7th floor but I doubt I'll get anywhere. Well anyways here is the video, enjoy :)

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am betting you WILL get somewhere.
I am thinking they will ask for a picture of the broken ball, and will send you a new one~

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
d9x2.jpg

Broke my oil heater cover while trying to take it off. The fit was extremely snug (using a tension clip), and I just kept pulling up on it with a slight twisting motion. The joint on the glass snapped and it broke off the top half of my heating element too. Perhaps the reason is that I didn't wait for the glass to cool down 100%, I tried to remove it while the glass was still warm (I'm assuming that made the difference to break it). I've taken off my heater covers while they were warm in the past so I assume it wasn't going to make that big of a difference this time around. I emailed 7th Floor asking if there's anything they could do to help me feel better about the situation, but I didn't buy my Da Buddah directly from 7th Floor's site and the glass warranty is only 30 days, so they weren't feeling too obligated to help me in any way.

same thing just happened to me but i was putting mine on and not taking it off. the Buddha was cold so heat was not the issue. my issue was the tension bar is too tight. a tension bar that i did NOT have when i bought my beloved buddha. my buddha heater died so i sent it in for repair. when i got it back i had the new tension bar installed. from that day forward my love for my buddha went from 100% to 85%. and what happened to me today WOULD NOT have happened if i had not had to send it in for repair and them adding the tension bar.

i sent them an email but i doubt they will do anything to remedy the issue as it is easily blamable on me for the break, but i can assure you... i had the flavor oil heater cover and other heater covers and would switch them all the time prior to the tension bar installed, without any issue.

mmenzie,
mmenzie that sucks. I still have the old one and taking it on and off is a breeze. I do need some extra shims for the nail HC but really it doesn't need to be tight at all lol it works fine

VapeNStone,

1337Dude

Sucks to hear that your glass broke. I sort of posted my anecdote here hoping people would be as careful as possible with their kits. :p I'm still a little uncomfortable changing the heater covers on either of my DBV's with the kit installed.

Anyways, what do you guys figure is the potency of the reclamation oil?

1337Dude,

Busta

I broke two heater covers for my ssv until I had to send it in to get the tension clip upgrade. My heater cover comes off pretty easily.
It works very well and my reclaim bump is almost full :)

Did anyone else notice a little screen in their flavor wand? If so do you know what size it is?

Busta,
I broke two heater covers for my ssv until I had to send it in to get the tension clip upgrade. My heater cover comes off pretty easily.
It works very well and my reclaim bump is almost full :)

Did anyone else notice a little screen in their flavor wand? If so do you know what size it is?
yea I broke the Nail one already :( I called to see what could have been done but basically I would have to send it in to be retrofitted to the new heater cover. I have heard good and bad about this so I don't know what to think. I think I will do it but I can't now as I'm still waiting for my Cloud to get here next month and I can't be without a home unit for that long.

VapeNStone,

Busta

Thanks for the screen size Vitolo. I was thinking of using the wand for flowers as well but I'm thinking ill just use my old heater cover back and wand since my flavor oil kit doesn't seal as well as I'd like.

Busta,
Top Bottom