Gear D-nail thread

I THOUGHT THIS THREAD COULD USE SOME LOVE!! CUSTOM DNAIL1.3, POWERPUFF THEME! ARTWORK BY BROOKLYN YANKE
A3tmH1Z.jpg

ORIYunw.jpg

ORIYunw.jpg

DNAIL WITH VB2.0 DOUBLE DABBING!
szJEsEW.jpg

SMODomite

I have been looking at the analog D Nail for $250 along with some other cheaper options like the Terpz enail...Any advice is appreciated, These are still very new to me and I was hoping to get one for around the $250 range with a nail if possible, rather then spending nearly 600 for some of the other digital models.

Thanks for any help you can give I appreciate it, btw my current setup is a 14 mm rig with a HE DualTi Domless Nail, I am aware that nail cannot be used for an e nail, but am willing to get a new nail in order to not have to worry about the torch anymore.

Monsoon

Personally I'd go for the Auber RDK-200 instead, it's actually cheaper and it will let you set and see your exact temp. Price breakdown is as follows:

Auber RDK-200+flat coil: $135
D-Nail SiC Halo with base: $120

The SiC Halo is out of stock but I was told it should be back within the next couple weeks. You can also use the "staymelty" coupon to save an extra 10% from D-Nail.

SMODomite

Personally I'd go for the Auber RDK-200 instead, it's actually cheaper and it will let you set and see your exact temp. Price breakdown is as follows:

Auber RDK-200+flat coil: $135
D-Nail SiC Halo with base: $120

The SiC Halo is out of stock but I was told it should be back within the next couple weeks. You can also use the "staymelty" coupon to save an extra 10% from D-Nail.

Thanks for the reply...So with the Auber I would need to get a nail to go with that setup correct? and with the D Nail Sic Halo with base, I would need to buy the heating coil separately. Again, very new to this but trying to learn

Monsoon

Thanks for the reply...So with the Auber I would need to get a nail to go with that setup correct? and with the D Nail Sic Halo with base, I would need to buy the heating coil separately. Again, very new to this but trying to learn
The heating coil is available as an option when you buy the Auber, you could also get it from D-nail but it will cost more. They also offer a cheap nail as an option but the SiC will be much better and is still in your price range.

I would also check out these threads too before buying:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/next-generation-e-nails.11713/
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/auber-instruments-rdk200-e-nail.16812/

SMODomite

harmless healing

Just wandering what the benefits of getting all dnail components might be over buying an enail like this one available in the uk https://www.vapefiend.co.uk/gimido-pro-e-nail.html and just buying the dnail surfaces and caps I want. Does having the official dnail coil run the HALO nails better? Is the price difference really warranted for the PID?

All questions I'm asking myself. This is a big purchase. I can get a package deal on an errlectric but always been drawn to the sic and Quartz halo.

Cheers

harmless healing,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Monsoon

Just wandering what the benefits of getting all dnail components might be over buying an enail like this one available in the uk https://www.vapefiend.co.uk/gimido-pro-e-nail.html and just buying the dnail surfaces and caps I want. Does having the official dnail coil run the HALO nails better? Is the price difference really warranted for the PID?

All questions I'm asking myself. This is a big purchase. I can get a package deal on an errlectric but always been drawn to the sic and Quartz halo.

Cheers
I have that unit and love it, very accurate and it's easy to change temps quickly. Their flat coild will work fine with the Halos too.

harmless healing

I have that unit and love it, very accurate and it's easy to change temps quickly. Their flat coild will work fine with the Halos too.

The gimodo or the errlectric? I thought the gimodo Looked like a cheap Chinese version but from talking to the guys at Vapefiend and reading a little deeper on PID controllers. There seems to be little to no difference with this and the full setup. Although having it all match is tempting to me for some reason even with the gulf in price.

Cheers

harmless healing,

Monsoon

The gimodo or the errlectric? I thought the gimodo Looked like a cheap Chinese version but from talking to the guys at Vapefiend and reading a little deeper on PID controllers. There seems to be little to no difference with this and the full setup. Although having it all match is tempting to me for some reason even with the gulf in price.

Cheers
I have the Gimido. The Omron PID by itself costs $70 wholesale so it's not cheap quality and personally I like the look of it compared to the others. That unit will also work with D-Nail coils and most others on the market too. If you go with the Errlectric, keep in mind it's a closed ecosystem so all upgrades and replacement parts will have to come from them and not a third party.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Heya all,

I have a Vapecode Enail from Dhgate, nice find @Monsoon on that Auber, as mine runs on some wonky pin setup, probably will snag one of those since its XTAR.

Anyways, I ordered a slim series and asked for the 10mm coil head, thinking that was for Flat Heaters. I was mistaken, so I shipped it back. I also had ordered a Sapphire insert and wanted a TI head that would fit the insert and the slim series.

So I had to wait a month, but they hooked me up with the first TI Halo. Not sure when they'll be released in wild. The Sapphire sits on top though like a convection shelf. Was a bit miffed at first, but then tried it and really really like it. Ordered a carb cap so I can properly cap it, but it's working pretty great right now. (My cap pseudo fits) I have a pic I'll link in a few.

The HALO is a tight fit on my heater, definitely gonna snag an Auber or a Ninja Nail if I get some xtra cash

9yNDDjk.jpg

Last edited:

SMODomite

Hey everyone, I am getting ready to purchase my first enail setup:clap:

I have it pretty much narrowed down to these options.

For the nail, I will be going with the HE DualiTi Enail Adapter: http://aqualabtechnologies.com/highly-educated-dualiti-enail-adapter.html - $90

and for my heater/coil I was looking at these two options:

Auber: http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=45&products_id=484 - $190 with coil (it says 15.8 mm Coil, would this be the same as 16 mm other companies offer?)
High 5 - http://www.highfivevape.com/online-shop/enails/HIGH5_Galaxy_Enail $105

So the above setup would cost me between $195 - $280 which is totally fine with me, I just want to make sure A) These are compatible with the HE nail I was going to purchase, I was going to get the 16 mm ID coil. and B) Which, if either, of these do any of you have experience with and how well do they work?

Thanks everyonE! Looking forward to ditching the torch!

SMODomite,

grokit

well-worn member
Hey everyone, I am getting ready to purchase my first enail setup:clap:

I have it pretty much narrowed down to these options.

For the nail, I will be going with the HE DualiTi Enail Adapter: http://aqualabtechnologies.com/highly-educated-dualiti-enail-adapter.html - $90

and for my heater/coil I was looking at these two options:

Auber: http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=45&products_id=484 - $190 with coil (it says 15.8 mm Coil, would this be the same as 16 mm other companies offer?)
High 5 - http://www.highfivevape.com/online-shop/enails/HIGH5_Galaxy_Enail $105

So the above setup would cost me between $195 - $280 which is totally fine with me, I just want to make sure A) These are compatible with the HE nail I was going to purchase, I was going to get the 16 mm ID coil. and B) Which, if either, of these do any of you have experience with and how well do they work?

Thanks everyonE! Looking forward to ditching the torch!
Those last two links offer complete packages;
I would go with one of them to make sure it all works together :tup:

SMODomite

Those last two links offer complete packages;
I would go with one of them to make sure it all works together :tup:

I was thinking about it, although I do not know the quality of titanium Auber or High 5 sell and I am confident that HE makes grade 2 Titanium nails so I would rather make sure I am getting a quality nail.

SMODomite,

Captain crunch

Anyone know where I can get the dnail slim series base? I know they're sold out online but it looks like the best option for a 14mm female joint

Last edited:
Captain crunch,

Monsoon

Anyone know where I can get the dnail slim series base? I know they're sold out online but it looks like the best option for a 14mm female joint
I think 1sourceprod.com has the old style of D-Nail bases that fit female joints for $30 I believe. You need to call them to place the order.

mv7

i got my order from 1sourceprod friday. they dont give you the base just the heat sink and heat retainer, still a good deal for $30. duty however was not very friendly, $50!!!

Monsoon

i got my order from 1sourceprod friday. they dont give you the base just the heat sink and heat retainer, still a good deal for $30. duty however was not very friendly, $50!!!
They didn't charge shipping so it balances out a bit. Might have been cheaper with USPS shipping.

Captain crunch

Thanks for the reply! Just called and ordered a SiC halo but they didn't have any bases. Looks like I'll have to buy separate HE infinity nail parts for the 14F. Will that still keep enough heat off the joint?

Captain crunch,

Monsoon

Thanks for the reply! Just called and ordered a SiC halo but they didn't have any bases. Looks like I'll have to buy separate HE infinity nail parts for the 14F. Will that still keep enough heat off the joint?
I would buy a dropdown if possible and use that with it. I've yet to break any joints due to heat but I have a few bases permanently stuck to the dropdown. Much easier to deal with that on a dropdown which can also break if needed versus a rig.

Apparently it could be 3-4 weeks until they restock on Slim Series bases.

Top Bottom