Gear D-nail thread

PoopMachine

Quiet thread for the leader in concentrates vaporization!

I'm here to get some feedback about their flower attachment: the Lotus by D-Nail...any inputs, please?

Nice piece but I prefer the NewVape FlowerPot.. a little more pricey but can do both.

I will say that Dnails customer service seems to have improved so thats awesome.

Vapodudule

So i reordered a SiC halo after i broke mine form too much torching, the correct SiC nail for torching is the HIVE based one.

I also took a deep dish V1.4 for 20mm coil and i should say that the Sapphire insert rest very well on the outer side of the dish and very little space to the central rod. another solution from halo-resting insert which lead the errll on the nut IME. I heard it from @herbivore21

Another info is for their squish pouches seamless, you have to know they are weldered on two sudes. need to use it to judge.

Gn0sis

Just saw this post pop up on facebook in the D-nail official group. Not sure what to make of it. Real or no?:

Link to original post

QgrX8ky.png

Monsoon

Just saw this post pop up on facebook in the D-nail official group. Not sure what to make of it. Real or no?:

Link to original post

QgrX8ky.png
Just saw that too. I think as long as they do proper QA and the quality doesn't drop I'm okay with it. I remember last year they had a lot of problems keeping product in stock when they were using American suppliers so maybe this was the solution.

herbivore21

From watching the conversation on the FB group, looks more like internal company drama spilling out into the open than anything else.
Looking at the original post, this was the obvious first thought for me. Someone shares information about a former employer on social media? You can bet your bottom dollar you've got a jilted former employee airing dirty laundry. The amount of shit that can go wrong in a workplace means that the employee could be jilted for reasons that we do not care about.

At the time when I purchased my sapphire and quartz halos, they were produced in Germany IIRC.

What I will say is if the product is legitimate SiC, Quartz and Sapphire and is produced to the same quality (like Monsoon says, with the same QC), then I don't care at all about where it was manufactured.

HE were persona non grata as far as d-nail were concerned long, long ago because of other shit. They would not have been a realistic option for this manufacturing.

PoopMachine

Looking at the original post, this was the obvious first thought for me. Someone shares information about a former employer on social media? You can bet your bottom dollar you've got a jilted former employee airing dirty laundry. The amount of shit that can go wrong in a workplace means that the employee could be jilted for reasons that we do not care about.

At the time when I purchased my sapphire and quartz halos, they were produced in Germany IIRC.

What I will say is if the product is legitimate SiC, Quartz and Sapphire and is produced to the same quality (like Monsoon says, with the same QC), then I don't care at all about where it was manufactured.

HE were persona non grata as far as d-nail were concerned long, long ago because of other shit. They would not have been a realistic option for this manufacturing.

Since they tout where everything comes from in the About Us section, perhaps they should be forthcoming about these being Chinese made, assuming they are.

PoopMachine,

herbivore21

Since they tout where everything comes from in the About Us section, perhaps they should be forthcoming about these being Chinese made, assuming they are.
I agree, if true as you say. This is strictly for truth in advertising reasons only though.

herbivore21,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
New ninja user here, love the whole tight package... though i do wish i went with the bigger version. The case is sized just to small to comfortably fit my heater,coil,nail, cap, etc. Definitely not fitting a nice travel bubb in there as well.

I am curious how much do all your numbers drop during use?
With relatively small bits of material, I can drop 20-35* during a pull. Is that as big a variance as I think it is, or is it standard? I do love this system but perhaps it is underperforming? I thought it would be able to stay within 5-10* of the set temp. It was a 4/20 purchase so still relatively new. Thoughts?

The SiC Halo is awesome. Love the way it easily and quickly wicks material all the way around the dish vapes beautifully. Cap brings it to another level.

I do wish the halo dish was a little wider all the way around to avoid mishitting into the retainer nut or the walls. IMO this requires some accuracy compared to the bangars I am used to. Compared to my quartz bangars and quartz cap, I miss being able to watch my material vaporize. Watching on quartz is very informative if you listen and watch. It is just so easy to visually read if you are too hot or too cool, I liked that but an enail's accuracy kinda makes that moot anyway.

Only other challenge I am having is the forked dabber and cap get fucking hot after a long pull. Have any of you tried wrapping the handle with another material for insulation? I have burned my fingers several times; my quartz cap never got that damn hot.

shredder

New ninja user here, love the whole tight package... though i do wish i went with the bigger version. The case is sized just to small to comfortably fit my heater,coil,nail, cap, etc. Definitely not fitting a nice travel bubb in there as well.

With relatively small bits of material, I can drop 20-35* during a pull. Is that as big a variance as I think it is, or is it standard? I do love this system but perhaps it is underperforming? I thought it would be able to stay within 5-10* of the set temp. It was a 4/20 purchase so still relatively new. Thoughts?

The SiC Halo is awesome. Love the way it easily and quickly wicks material all the way around the dish vapes beautifully. Cap brings it to another level.

I do wish the halo dish was a little wider all the way around to avoid mishitting into the retainer nut or the walls. IMO this requires some accuracy compared to the bangars I am used to. Compared to my quartz bangars and quartz cap, I miss being able to watch my material vaporize. Watching on quartz is very informative if you listen and watch. It is just so easy to visually read if you are too hot or too cool, I liked that but an enail's accuracy kinda makes that moot anyway.

Only other challenge I am having is the forked dabber and cap get fucking hot after a long pull. Have any of you tried wrapping the handle with another material for insulation? I have burned my fingers several times; my quartz cap never got that damn hot.

Temp drops of 35° does not sound normal. Is your nail on tight? Is your heater right under the dish?

When I tried the washer under the dish mine moved more than the dish sitting on the heater.

I agree the carb cap could use a silicone sleeve, because they do get hot. Especially with multiple users.

I haven't had any issues with hitting a dab on the dish, but some of my pipes allow better vision than others. Drop downs can help.

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
@FlyingLow

Try and make sure to grab the fork after the tapered bit, along the narrow neck towards the fork. The taper seems to be a good heat sink and the neck dissipates heat faster than it can build up so it just stays warm. (imo)

Can leave it on as long as I like as long as I grab from that narrow neck.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Does the wider heat retaining washer go between my flat coil and slim series adapter or between the SIC Halo and the flat coil? I saw for the quartz Halo it is suggested to do the latter and was windering if it matters on the SIC Halo.

nosmoking,
Reactions: FlyingLow

shredder

Does the wider heat retaining washer go between my flat coil and slim series adapter or between the SIC Halo and the flat coil? I saw for the quartz Halo it is suggested to do the latter and was windering if it matters on the SIC Halo.

On my sic halo I like the dish sitting on the heater coil. When my dish sat on the washer, the heater would over/under shoot the set temp more. But I'm not sure what dnail recommends for sic dishes.

shredder,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Temp drops of 35° does not sound normal. Is your nail on tight? Is your heater right under the dish?

When I tried the washer under the dish mine moved more than the dish sitting on the heater.

I agree the carb cap could use a silicone sleeve, because they do get hot. Especially with multiple users.

I haven't had any issues with hitting a dab on the dish, but some of my pipes allow better vision than others. Drop downs can help.

Nail is on real tight, in this order:

Retainer nut
Dish
Heater
Heat retaining washer (large washer)
Slim threaded adapter
Small washer
14/18m base

All parts are tight and secure, but the dramatic temp drops are not good. I am waiting for it to get back to operating temps while just to complete a pull. 30+ degrees is just too much.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: shredder

cptchronic

Nail is on real tight, in this order:

Retainer nut
Dish
Heater
Heat retaining washer (large washer)
Slim threaded adapter
Small washer
14/18m base

All parts are tight and secure, but the dramatic temp drops are not good. I am waiting for it to get back to operating temps while just to complete a pull. 30+ degrees is just too much.

You'll want to get rid of the large washer. I forgot exactly the use for them. But all u want to do is have the retaining nut, dish, heater, then base and the small washer to increase the length of your base if needed. May be other uses for the washers but I just use mine in that order at about 620 and only see maybe a 5-10 degree variance with globs.

I'm pretty sure the dish won't sit properly with the large washer between the base and heater or between the heater and dish.

cptchronic,
Reactions: FlyingLow

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
THANK YOU! I will give it a try.

... I also sent an inquiry to dnail before you responded. I wonder if their response is similar.

Also, the nail dramatically overheats on startup. From cold, set to 680 and heats up to 822 before beginning to come back down.

Last edited:
FlyingLow,
Reactions: shredder

damm

... I also sent an inquiry to dnail before you responded. I wonder if their response is similar.

Also, the nail dramatically overheats on startup. From cold, set to 680 and heats up to 822 before beginning to come back down.

What did they respond with? I've noticed the D-Nail flat coils to be thinner and when using them on my RDK they seem to overheat more than my Auber Flat coil makes me think it's something with the K type thermocouple ...

Edit: I suspect the thin-ness is part of my problem with the flat coils. I have a few fans going typically so my SiC gets a little breeze which makes it overheat and underheat pretty well.

I should pickup a D-Nail controller someday and test these coils on their controller to see how it behaves...

Last edited:
damm,

shredder

Wow! It will be interesting what dnail says. Im thinking it's a faulty heater, with those kind of numbers.

shredder,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Not expecting to hear anything till Monday, but I will certainly share. Their CS and communications have been outstanding up to this point.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum

I have the sic halo and if i do not pre heat the cap i see drops of ~30o every time. When i do preheat the cap by having it sit on the sic until the ~30o drop happens and it rises back to within ~5o of my set temp and dab away and its usually pretty solid regardless of how much material i dump on it. I think this is related to the sic itself and the low overall mass of the nail....which is a good thing imo. My handle gets extremely hot too but if you look at the physics of it, the heat has to go somewhere and ti is more conductive than quartz for sure. I swapped the cap to a happy daddy glob father shovel and it lasts a bit longer before its too hot.

at any rate give it a shot and see what you think, oh and don't have the nut on the dish be very tight at all, many a story of cracked sic

ensabbahnur,

damm

V2i0ptj.png

I really like their products; if they are made in Germany or China or India it would be just nice to know. I buy products from China for the other half (E Cig Vaping) so I can't say It doesn't make me squeamish but we have a real problem with R&D in the USA (it's left the country) and we need more talent that can help drive that.

I mean you can blame these companies for being in China so much; but as we strengthened our laws cracking down on certain abuses. Companies looked for opportunities to cut corners all the time. We need more silicone built in the US; more steel... etc

Just don't expect Trump to fix it.

damm,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
They said the unit is operating as it should and is not underperforming... I do wish it maintained temp better but it does medicate.

"the TI cap is going to pull some of the heat away from the dish. WE have been able to get TI on TI to drop 75 degrees in about 10 seconds with a hard pull

Because you are going so slow the heat is able to transfer to the cap over that period of time"

With the Halo shaped bowl and retaining nut on top, are there any other carb caps people have found success with, or do all user just use the D-Nail cap?

FlyingLow,
Top Bottom