Customized vape setups

gvape

Tstat said:
I cruised around the city today and hit 4 shops. I was looking for clear glass with nice diffusion. I was hoping to find a standup inline tube, or a straight tube with some diffusion. I had a budget of $200. Not happening. I saw one that I liked but it was $300 (inline tube) and they could not tell me who made it.

I can't believe that out of all the shops around here, none carry what I am looking for. Everything is either worked, colors, big labels, or just way too expensive.

Does anyone have any insights as to where I might get something that is clear, straight, and diffused? I check ALT all the time, but they are expensive- that's where I got my bubbler. I guess Etsy no longer carries bongs and tubes. I had emailed a blower through Etsy a while back, but I can't remember who it was, and I can't find the emails... :rolleyes:

www.headyglass.com has some nice stuff. A friend of mine got a mobius for 250 shipped during the 420 sale. Maybe soul shine could make something for a bit less? Other than that I would try ioffer or craigslist. I have gotten glass off of both.

gvape,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
Tstat said:
I can't believe that out of all the shops around here, none carry what I am looking for. Everything is either worked, colors, big labels, or just way too expensive.

I don't know in which area you are, but that doesn't matter because it's the exact same thing here. I've done all the LHS with the same results. Ended up finding and buying what I was looking for on ALT.

I found that inline's are pretty expensive to start with anyway.

I don't know if he's the one you were looking for, but there is a FC member called 'Clear_Dome' here that has a glass shop called "Revolverre" that use to be on Etsy. You can also find him on Facebook: Alex 'clear dome glass'

Vaporisateur,

Pappy

shmaporist
Tstat said:
I cruised around the city today and hit 4 shops. I was looking for clear glass with nice diffusion. I was hoping to find a standup inline tube, or a straight tube with some diffusion. I had a budget of $200. Not happening. I saw one that I liked but it was $300 (inline tube) and they could not tell me who made it.

Does anyone have any insights as to where I might get something that is clear, straight, and diffused? I check ALT all the time, but they are expensive- that's where I got my bubbler. I guess Etsy no longer carries bongs and tubes. I had emailed a blower through Etsy a while back, but I can't remember who it was, and I can't find the emails... :rolleyes:
Ray from SSFG is back in biz and he'll make you a nice inline for 200 or less. Tell him Pappy sent you!
Here's a stock for $200...
http://ssfgglass.com/shop/shop/product/show/cid-21/name-inline-tube/category_pathway-11

Pappy,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Ok, yea it was SSFG I contacted last time. Ok, what I like is this: http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scientific-glass/b-wilson-clear-mini-inline-tube-12.html

It's a B Wilson inline for $250, but it has an 18 mm joint, and all my stuff is 14. I guess I could get an adaptor.

Anyway, the SSFG photos suck so bad it's hard to tell how nice they are. Would his inline be anywhere near as nice as the BW? I mean, I know LW makes great stuff since I have a bubbler from him, so I assume BW makes nice, quality stuff as well.

Tstat,

NorCalSivart

Tstat said:

You should check our n3rd glass, he great to work with and blows some nice glass. I have an inline he made for that I absolutely love.

NorCalSivart,

gvape

NorCalSivart said:
You should check our n3rd glass, he great to work with and blows some nice glass. I have an inline he made for that I absolutely love.

n3rd has some really nice stuff, but isnt it a bit more on the expensive end? I know bitfreakglass use to have some n3rd but doesnt anymore. Might be able to find something nice on bitfreak. www.bitfreakglass.com

ALSO to finally post pictures of my itza upon request of hereatlast...
First few are with the slide it came with... Second few are with a Health Stone Glass... Third is Epic Vape hooked up to it.

gvape,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Ok, it was actually glasstafarian who I emailed last year about an inline...

Anyway...damn- take a look at this! The company is called NuggLife and it's a "Flared 32mm Inline Tube" Anyone here of them? ****Nevermind, most of what is on the site is out of stock- including this inline****

http://www.rxindustries.com/scienti...ypage.tpl/product_id/565/category_id/132.html

$189.99 free shipping

Here is the description:

KILLER DEAL!

These are the best quality inlines at any prices.

Approx 18" tall, 25mm german tubing, 18mm german ground joint and reinforced inline diffusor.

Made in CA 2010.

FREE bowl stand with purchase!

Tstat,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Tstat said:
Ok, yea it was SSFG I contacted last time. Ok, what I like is this: http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scientific-glass/b-wilson-clear-mini-inline-tube-12.html

It's a B Wilson inline for $250, but it has an 18 mm joint, and all my stuff is 14. I guess I could get an adaptor.

Anyway, the SSFG photos suck so bad it's hard to tell how nice they are. Would his inline be anywhere near as nice as the BW? I mean, I know LW makes great stuff since I have a bubbler from him, so I assume BW makes nice, quality stuff as well.

That piece looks vaguely familiar.... :cool:

Stu,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Sure does! Do you love it? I also have a LW Bub =) And an EQ, MFLB, and PD! Maybe I just go with the BW, LOL.

Tstat,

Pappy

shmaporist
Stu said:
Tstat said:

That piece looks vaguely familiar.... :cool:
ALT is so lazy (wonder why?) they haven't bothered to change the pic of your piece since they shot it when it first came in.

Pappy,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Tstat said:
Sure does! Do you love it? I also have a LW Bub =) And an EQ, MFLB, and PD! Maybe I just go with the BW, LOL.
Yeah, I absolutely love it. It is just really "classy" looking and performs like a working piece of art. I don't really care for colors or worked pieces, I prefer the clean look of high-quality glass. It's funny that we have the same vapes and glass.... You have very good taste! If you pick up a MW you'll have my exact setup! Are you waiting on the Cloud, too? :lol:
:peace:

edit: Hey Pappy, what happened to that BW slide I see in those pictures??? :rolleyes:

Stu,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Yea, waiting on the Cloud. And I only like clean, clear glass myself. I don't have any worked pieces. I am also impatient, so I need a glass fix between now and when the Cloud finally comes out.

So would you say the BW is on par with your LW Bub as far as workmanship and quality?

Tstat,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
The workmanship on both pieces is excellent, so yes, they would definitely be on par. However the similarities end there. With the LW bub I can play around with different water levels and this effects the amount of drag considerably. This is perfect for when I want less drag for using with my PD for example. The BW has only one water level really, so you can't play around with the amount of drag it has (almost none, by the way). I highly recommend both pieces for vapor.

Stu,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Yea, I ended up using the bubbler exclusively with the PD. It works great with the LB also.
I am looking again on rxindustries.com and they have a Ben Wilson Triple D Inline Tube. It's 18 inches and is selling for $250 with free shipping. Not sure what a Triple D Inline is, or how it differs from the ones on ALT. Is RX Industries in the US?anyone buy from them?

Tstat,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
Tstat said:
Is RX Industries in the US?anyone buy from them?

They are in North Carolina and have a brick & mortar store in South Carolina. Been in the business 10 years.

Vaporisateur,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Mine is also a triple "D" (donut) inline, so it sounds similar. Other than the height, it's probably pretty much the same.

The triple donut acts as a splashguard. It's pretty cool to stare at when you're vaped. :ko:

Stu,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Hmmm... So if I went with ALT, it would come all the way from Cali and I would have to pay shipping. If I go with RX, it comes from NC (I'm in New England) and it ships free. Plus it is taller- but do I really want one that tall? I drive myself crazy over this shit!

Tstat,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
I bought from ALT because they were the only one to carry a short beaker like I wanted... Everyone else seems to carry only large or long tubes.

My gut says buy what you really want or else you will regret it later. 20$ shipping on a 200-300$ piece is nothing if that's the one you really want... My :2c:

Vaporisateur,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Well, it's just a difference in height. The ones at ALT are 13 inches and the RX tubes are 18. I'll have to sleep on it I guess.

Tstat,

2clicker

Observer
i have always found that the local places are marked up more so than the web stores.

i think ALT is great. they always have a nice selection of new stuff and ive never paid more than 10 bux for shipping from them.

RX Industries looks like a promising establishment.

2clicker,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
My BW is only 11" as it was a prototype. I was looking for a shorter piece, so it worked out perfectly.

I'd go with the 13" if I were you. Your tastes seem to be similar to mine, and I think the excessive height is not necessary so I'd pick the one from ALT.

:2c:

Stu,

Nycdeisel

I will also vote for the shorter one, 18" is way too tall, personally. Especially with vapor, theres no need for such a large piece. it will be cumbersome and more difficult to clean, store, etc

Nycdeisel,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I agree. When I woke up this morning, I grabbed a tape measure. And yea, 18 is too tall!

Tstat,
Top Bottom