Customized vape setups

Shiz

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you all like the pieces I got. I have a problem with the mini not functioning properly and right away Drew offered to replace it so if that works out I recommend them 100%. If anyone hits them up on etsy please tell them I sent you.

I still have another custom they are making very soon if all goes well with the replacement for the mini. If anyone remembers, I was talking about that ultra rare Luke Wilson 15 arm/5arm dubb a while back. Drew is going to make me a 18/5. I can have it made any way I want so I'm open to suggestions that may improve that design. Should be pretty sick.

Shiz,

DaProfessor

@Shiz: DWB is looking more awesome. I am putting them on my list for my next glass purchase (or 3). Thanks for showing me another artist to waste money with :lol:

DaProfessor,

EonBlue

Soul Rebel
Thanks I really enjoy it, I have been using my VHW with it lately & they are quite the pairing! :)

EonBlue,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Well, my beaker was really lonely downstairs so I had to head to my favorite LHS and grab it's companion piece. Here it is with the Q:
img2904v.jpg

And here it is with the PD:
img2905m.jpg

It works well with both vapes. I had to lower the water quite a bit to get it right, but it works nicely.

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Thanks, I could not pass it up at that price. Eventually I'll get an inline, but my next purchase will be something for oil. Probably an Essential H20...

Tstat,

PhishCactus

Lvl. 420 Vaporist
VaporBrothers > Pear Juice Container > RooR Little Sista' Rasta (with ice catcher and diffused downstem) > Mouth > Lungs > Brain :lol:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I usually just go right through the roor, although yesterday after making this contraption and filling both containers with ice, I got the coolest vapor hit of my life, and finally realized why people spend so much money on glass to get a better hit, any goon can slap together a simple bubbler device out of basically any container, but a bong offers much more, hit wise, and aesthetically. This bong was given to me by my brother when he went to college, otherwise I would still be making make shift bubblers, which really are so simple i don't get why everyone doesn't use water filtration. You can even zip tie three Poland spring water bottles together, poke two holes in each cap, and with the right combo of tube based down stems have a triple vape bubbler in 10 minutes. Sorry to ramble... Im a bit vaked, but I often feel that people don't realize just how easy make shift VAPE water pipes are, I emphasize vape because its much easier than smoke as once you add combustion you need to worry more about off gassing, and plastic bottles are not a possibility for the health conscious.

PhishCactus,

rabican

I currently have a Ehle 250ml, i like it but would like to buy something new with worked glass.

I recently stumbled onto these bubblers and I'm impressed with the looks/price, does anyone have any experience with these?:

Headford or Robin hood
http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scie...ss/headford-worked-inline-bubbler-blue-5.html
http://aqualabtechnologies.com/heady-glass/robin-hood/robin-hood-worked-inline-bubbler-3.html

Also the Headford said it has a 18mm slide, and the robin hood has a 14mm slide.

I currently have a 14mm slide adapter for use with my SSV/Ehle.
I don't mind buying a new one but SSV website says it only comes in 14mm and 19mm (http://silversurfervap.com/accessories/ground-glass-water-pipe-adapter.html)

Will a 19mm work with the 18mm headford?...Does anyone do this setup: 19 on a 18?
or will i have to buy the robin hood just because of the size mismatch?
I'm torn i like them evenly but 100$ less is def a plus for a pretty even lineup...

Thanks!

rabican,

Nycdeisel

the 18 and 19 are the same in that case, I believe the most accurate measurement is 18.8. Some people like to abbreviate, and say 18, while others round up. Its all the same in this case.

Anyway I didnt see the exact pieces your talking about but Headford is good stuff I was about to get one of their inline bubs, Robin Hood does good work too!

edit: Cant see those links

Nycdeisel,

rabican

Nycdeisel said:
edit: Cant see those links

Fixed, sorry!
Cool! thanks for confirmation on slide adapter size.
I may wait till 4/20 *day* and get 10% off sale (if they do the same thing they did last 4/20).

Think Robin Hoods worth the 100$? Quality better? Stronger? or just the volumn bigger?

alt-10-09-07-225.jpg

vs
alt-2010-08-22-280.jpg

rabican,

Nycdeisel

well the Robin Hood is a different design, so its hard to compare.
They both look like high quality pieces though, I think you will be happy with either!

I will say that, since the headford inline has no splashguard, you are more likely to get some splash back with that one. I may be wrong though, I dont know the sizes of each :/

Nycdeisel,

Pappy

shmaporist
Pappy,

DaProfessor

The Zap keeps amazing me. Efficiency, ease of use and dense hits in one package. I've been using it as my daily vape since I got it. First I used the tooty tip, all was good but the hits were still a little rough. Then I switched to whip mode and was even better. Now I've started using it with my WS TT. It's amazing! I love using small tubes with the Zap! Completely milks it and I get the ultimate bong experience without breaking out the big setups.

I love doing it so much I contacted DWB about making a micro. Well, hopefully more like some sort of mega-micro :lol: I'm new to color work and don't know what to ask for decoration wise. Maybe someone can suggest something? Still want it to look clean, so probably will just get some work on the percs or the base/mouthpiece.

DaProfessor,

rabican

Robin hood = 9'', headford = 8''.
I was also concerned about the splash with the headford...
True the robin hood is prob nicer piece but im not sure if i can justify 100$ for a slightly better piece. Quality though might make me consider it. Most peoples reviews don't mention quality being bad though.

i also stumbled upon jake wilsons bubblers: http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scientific-glass/jake-wilson.html

They are even cheaper 225$...but dont stand on there own tho...
file_98.jpg

thoughts on these 3 bubblers now, haha ;(

decisions, decisions...

rabican,

Nycdeisel

the bubbler and the new ssfg tube make a good couple, so do the myrtle pd and porta-billy
DSC036292.jpg

Nycdeisel,

jimbo

winterize
Nice vids Twzted and Nyc, looks like you guys enjoy your ssfg's :)
Gonna have to get a vid of the VG inline in action at some point...

jimbo,
Top Bottom