Customized vape setups

rabican

rabican said:
This is my current setup, i want to spend 400$ or less on a new piece, but im torn between getting a new bong maybe SYN like so: http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scie...s/syn-worked-mini-shower-head-platinum-3.html or a smaller piece sherlock style like so: http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scie...n-glass/luke-wilson-glass-15-arm-bubbler.html

I prefer a piece with color like the SYN...heady glass is nice. I def like diffusion... Any thoughts? i would mainly be using it with my SSV...

Thanks.

rabican,

B.

War Criminal
Jivex5k said:
Here's the point of this whole rant:
This combustion hit tasted like ASH. Completely and utterly unlike any combustion hit I've ever taken in my entire life!
So after only 2 weeks of vaping, and over a month of not smoking, I can no longer stand the taste of combustion! I can't believe how bad it tasted and I've been doing it like that for the past 4 years almost every day.
I am blown away.

yup! :)

B.,

Pappy

shmaporist
jimbo said:
Pappy, will you be running concentrates thru the SGW piece?
Honestly, jimbo, I haven't played that much with concentrates. I'm interested in experimenting though. You think the SGW is well suited?

Pappy,

DaProfessor

I want to dabble (haha, pun intended in retrospect) in concentrates too. I have a friend who has the equipment to do a cannabis extraction, old school o-chem style. Too bad finding shake or trim around my area is impossible. I'm too poor to do it with all buds :o

DaProfessor,

hereatlast

It seems to me that those micros (first Toro then SGW and SG and whoever else is doing them now) are aimed at preserving taste for flower combustion as well as being designed as dedicated 'oilers.' FWIW I think that'd be a great oiler though I've found that taking dabs isn't my preference.

I was definitely lucky to try a very nice dab out of a friend's Dosa unit a month or two back and was thoroughly impressed. The dedicated 'oiler scene' seems to have progressed to smaller and less diffused pieces and rigs (the Dosa in question was nice and small with a four-hole diffy, not much diffusion going on comparative to many of the trees/stemlines/waffles/inlines/etc). The more diffusion an 'oiler' has the more opportunity the 'vapor' has to condense, while vaping flowers we may not be quite as concerned with the condensate we're losing (just wash it off! :nod:), those BHO supplies are pretty precious and worthy of reclaiming on the other hand.

In any case I think your SGW would provide a nice canvas/vehicle for concentrates. FWIW, it seems going down the oil path often results in never looking back. For my own part, I love the flower itself (taste and smell); while a properly blasted oil can certainly maintain some amazing taste, the popular methodology of taking dabs off red-hot titanium/glass/etc. seems problematic to me. The dab was surely fun but it put me in a place that I don't always want to be and the high lasted quite a while, part of my affinity for vaping includes the process itself, I like to continually 'taste-test' ( :love: ) my flowers, using concentrates doesn't seem particularly well-suited for my habits.

Let us know how it goes if you take that path.

hereatlast,

jimbo

winterize
Pappy said:
jimbo said:
Pappy, will you be running concentrates thru the SGW piece?
Honestly, jimbo, I haven't played that much with concentrates. I'm interested in experimenting though. You think the SGW is well suited?

I think the SGW would be great for concentrates, you should definitely
give it a try! Are you thinking of grabbing a dome or skillet/curve?

jimbo,

Pappy

shmaporist
@ hereatlast & jimbo > Considered getting oil rig but haven't pursued it thus far. I also like flowers and the vaping ritual, though I once felt the same about combusting. I vaped for the first time in months without a water tool last night and am trying to gauge how much if anything water diffusion subtracts from actually getting high. Almost forgot how good a DBV is straight. :D

At any rate here's the SGW micro in action for your viewing pleasure... http://www.stoneglassworks.com/2011/01/sgw-micros/
BTW/it's obviously a circ, not a waffle. ;)

Pappy,

Kindler

The SGW circ is ideal for oil. I'd try to get my hands on a ti curve or a dome and a titanium nail myself. I find bho far more recreational than herb.

Kindler,

Shiz

Trashcatcher/bubbler

DSC03543.jpg

DSC03540.jpg

DSC03539.jpg

Shiz,

Theo

That Trashcatcher/bubbler is SICK! Who did that for you? Any links to them? That thing is insanely awesome man.

Theo,

Shiz

Yea I had some issues too but the head blower Drew seems to be the type of guy who's passionate about glass and ultra proud of his work. I was afraid he would be angry when I pointed out my problems with the pieces but he was so cool and understanding that I decided to post pics and show off his work before he corrected my problems and replaced the mini tube. I fully support and recommend DWB. Only bad part is how backed up they are now...it's at least a couple months wait on new orders.

-NYC- Those bubs start at like $100 or so clean but not sure how much for one worked like that. Mine was part of a sick deal I got for waiting so long so can't really give a fair price.

Shiz,

Pappy

shmaporist
Shiz said:
I had some issues too but the head blower Drew seems to be the type of guy who's passionate about glass and ultra proud of his work.
I think it's very heady glass! I've yet to see a piece without flaws regardless of the brand (my Toro and Swanee were close!) and my take is the glass snobs see DWB pieces and have snit fits. :lol: Cool glass!

Pappy,

Shiz

Thanks bro. I don't know why people hate on them so much but that was part of the reason I chose them. It's easy to go to a lhs or online and get production pieces but customs are sicker. With that said I'm still gonna buy a SG production piece sooner or later but what I want is a SG mini pillar bub and I don't think I have the stomach to pay that much for a bong so I might have to settle for a stemline. ;)

Shiz,

Pappy

shmaporist
Shiz said:
I might have to settle for a stemline
LOL! Everyone deserves a Stemline and all glassblowers should be accountable. ;) I was fully prepared to go to Luke Wilson if necessary during my recent mishap but fortunately ALT took care of it.

Pappy,

Shiz

What the hell..not much else goin on in here so here's a few more for good measure.

DSC03566.jpg

DSC03555.jpg

DSC03553.jpg

DSC03575.jpg

Shiz,

DaProfessor

That DWB stuff is awesome! It's a little scientific-meets heady. I could really dig that style. Imagine a clean straight stemless, where the only heady part was the stemless arm into the diffuser.

DaProfessor,
Top Bottom