Customized vape setups

2clicker

Observer
Pappy said:
2clicker said:
So I have my SG Mini on the way and a cosmetic defective BW just because of Pappys experience and what he had written. Then of coarse he added his new piece and sold his baby. Wow that affair didn't last all that long!!
Did you buy the warped BW? Helluva deal! I'm sure the pipe is fine. The inline isn't reinforced like Stu's but no big thing.

hey i never said that!

puttin words in my mouth pappy? :cool:

2clicker,

Pappy

shmaporist
2clicker said:
Pappy said:
2clicker said:
So I have my SG Mini on the way and a cosmetic defective BW just because of Pappys experience and what he had written. Then of coarse he added his new piece and sold his baby. Wow that affair didn't last all that long!!
Did you buy the warped BW? Helluva deal! I'm sure the pipe is fine. The inline isn't reinforced like Stu's but no big thing.

hey i never said that!

puttin words in my mouth pappy? :cool:
Sorry, I cross-posted... BigBud got the warped BW.

Pappy,

Pappy

shmaporist
It took two weeks but my replacement Luke Wilson 15 is in da house! :D
REPLACEMENT
5437730934_8e6e23889e_z.jpg

REJECT
5397180696_ddd6de9bf6_z.jpg

IMO they're two completely different specimens! Note the boxy shape and flat foot on the reject and symmetrical shape of the replacement. Also note the shape of the trees and their relationship to the arm. Note the long neck and flat shoulder of the reject compared to short neck and rounded bell shoulder on the replacement. :o

But the proof is in the puddin'! I clean drew the reject and it sounded like a '89 Ford Fiesta. Replacement hits like LW-15 -- Hallelujah! :lol: Not that it doesn't have a few minor bubbles and flame stains, but its handblown glass by stoned hippies peeps! :cool:

The flame stains on the tree of the replacement are nothing compared to the reject. :uhoh:
5434660741_19baf380d9_z.jpg

Longs story short no harm no foul. Wish I got replacement in first place but considering how rare LW-15s are ALT came through in the end. :2c: :peace:

Pappy,

Jivex5k

I've been a smoker for 10 years, I quit a little over a month ago. Mostly because I came down with a sickness and had an extreme sore throat for a while. After my throat healed I just didn't take it back up, and now I'm truly at a point in my life where I believe I am done with cigarettes.
I've noticed my taste and sense of smell have improved and I'd have to guess quitting cigs had a lot to do with it.

In the way of thinking healthy I did some research on vapes.
I used to have a Volcano Classic a couple years back. I bought it on a whim and ended up selling it a few months later. I just didn't like the bag method for vaping. The vapor tasted stale and flavorless. Perhaps I was using it wrong or just really used to combustion. This is not the case with my Extreme Q and perhaps it's because I am more knowledgeable about vapes at this point or because I had quit smoking for 2 weeks already when it arrived.
My EQ I absolutely love. I enjoy the whip system much more than bags, the hits are even tasty! I was pretty satisfied with my EQ until I found out about the elbow pack method. Then I was EXTREMELY satisfied, the hits were much milkier and got me extremely vaped.

Well I noticed my poor old bong sitting in the corner not being used. It's a classic style bong, no GonG or anything, just a slide and rubber grommet. I felt bad that it hadn't been used but I've always wanted a GonG bong so I went ahead and got one that would work with my EQ.

Any bong with an 18.8mm down-stem joint will work, you don't even have to get any adapters. You can use the elbow attachment meant for the bag, just slip the tube over the mouthpiece of the whip and you have an airtight 18.8 male to 18.8 male GonG tube.

Hitting my vape through this bong has made a huge difference! I didn't expect it to be this much better but in my opinion I get much more vapor and much larger hits. They taste better too, especially when using ice in the chamber.

I noticed the bowl that came with my bong and...well I had to christen it.
Here's the point of this whole rant:
This combustion hit tasted like ASH. Completely and utterly unlike any combustion hit I've ever taken in my entire life!
So after only 2 weeks of vaping, and over a month of not smoking, I can no longer stand the taste of combustion! I can't believe how bad it tasted and I've been doing it like that for the past 4 years almost every day.
I am blown away.

Jivex5k,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I haven't combusted herb in over 6 months. On Superbowl Sunday I decided to smoke this Pure Kush joint that was given to me by my dispensary. No reason, really. I just thought I'd celebrate the Superbowl with a nice J-bird and I was tired of looking at the joint in my stash drawer. So anywhoo.... I lit the joint just as Christina Aguilera was butchering our national anthem and I couldn't believe how it tasted like ass!! I took a few hits and just gave up and put it out.

So I'm now looking at an almost full joint of Pure Kush and I figure "hell, I'll just vape the rest". Bad idea!! I cut the joint in half, threw away the combusted half (with quite a bit of green still, but I wanted to make sure I didn't get any combusted herb in my vaporizer). I then ran the remainder through my 4 pc grinder, and loaded an elbow pack into my Q. I couldn't believe that it STILL tasted like ass!! Absolutely horrible. I chucked the herb in the trash, threw all my glass and grinder in a jar of iso for a long bath, and brushed my teeth.

Moral of the story: Don't try to vape anything that has been in contact with smoke or it will taste like shit (unless you are used to the taste of combustion, still).

Stu,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
:clap: Welcome the vapor side of things. Your story almost makes me wonder if people convince themselves they like to smoke, and then it becomes a habit. Because I know when I first smoked I thought it tasted and burnt like shit and I still think that. I was never a regular smoker though so I was not desensitized to any of it I guess?

aesthyrian,

Pappy

shmaporist
Just gave new home to brand new SGW waffle micro. # 1 is mine. :) Will arrive upon my return. BM rocks!
2mr7hur.jpg

Pappy,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Is there clearance for the VXC to mate to the downstem, Pappy? It looks like it might be a tight fit. I guess you could use your tubing from the other vapes in your arsenal, though.

Stu,

Pappy

shmaporist
Stu said:
Is there clearance for the VXC to mate to the downstem, Pappy? It looks like it might be a tight fit. I guess you could use your tubing from the other vapes in your arsenal, though.
My Stemline is even tighter but a 45 degree adaptor should do the trick. The SGW is a 14mm like Toro Micro so I'll need a 14 to 18 + 45.

Pappy,

djonkoman

I still ocassionally smoke, but for me vaping did the opposite of ruining smoking
before I never tasted weed with combustion, but since I'm primarly vaping, I can also notice the weedtaste with combustion sometimes
it's just so much disguised and taken over by the combustiontaste that before I never noticed it, but now I know the taste of weed trugh vaping I can also distinguish it with combustion(altough the combustiontaste, wich is probably the same as the ashtaste you describe, overpowers it, but on the first hits if I light my pipe very gently it's still delicious, but if I smoke with a friend the weedtaste is usually completely gone after they have hit it once since they light the entire bowl, I just light a little bit very gently)

have to add btw, my sense of smell isn't that good so often I don't even taste anything while vaping, but if I taste it it's heavenly, I love the taste of weed I just hate that I can't taste it that often

djonkoman,

DaProfessor

Here's my latest pickup, WS mini beaker w/ LW 6-arm downstem. I really like it's compact size. Will be my daily tube for a bit. It's all setup for it's virst VHW hit. I'll be vaked in a few minutes :D
hsjs44.jpg

DaProfessor,

OC513

Dabaholic
Pappy said:
Just gave new home to brand new SGW waffle micro. # 1 is mine. :) Will arrive upon my return. BM rocks!
2mr7hur.jpg

Damn those are sweet......micros are taking over

OC513,
Top Bottom