Customized vape setups

DaProfessor

Jimbo, nice inline. You're lucky to have such great access to Vertigo glass. His stuff is clean. And he's not putting ice catches or splash guards too much anymore, which I think is awesome. Reminds of a shorter Hops Peashooter.

DaProfessor,

jimbo

winterize
Thanks Professor! The lack of ice catches just seems to make a tube a lot more appealing to me :2c: Did you ever
get your triple disc repaired?

jimbo,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
NYCD- I never did order that inline. I was thinking of waiting until the Cloud is ready and spending my money on that instead. I may go back to my LHS and grab the straight tube HVY for $55 to hold me over.

Money is tight right now and I need to rein in my addiction for a while. I will have an inline at some point- probably a B. WIlson to keep it in the family. :)

Tstat,

DaProfessor

jimbo said:
Did you ever get your triple disc repaired?

I'm actually mailing it out to SSFG today. Took a while because I've been so busy with my new vapes! Haha, nah not really. Just been way to busy to pack it up properly and only got around to it last night. Pretty confident that it can be rescued.

DaProfessor,

jimbo

winterize
^Good stuff! At least you've got plenty of glass to keep you occupied til you get the triple disc back :D

jimbo,

Pappy

shmaporist
DaProfessor said:
jimbo said:
Did you ever get your triple disc repaired?

I'm actually mailing it out to SSFG today. Took a while because I've been so busy with my new vapes! Haha, nah not really. Just been way to busy to pack it up properly and only got around to it last night. Pretty confident that it can be rescued.
I'm hooking up with Ray in Florida next week.

Pappy,

hereatlast

Good luck with the repair DaProfessor.

Tstat, believe me I know how you feel. I had to stop myself from looking at glass a couple times in the past month. :lol:

hereatlast,

Nycdeisel

Im always telling myself I dont need more glass. But I cant stop myself from looking at it.

Nycdeisel,

2clicker

Observer
hakko adjustable V2 w/ custom wand/bowl to left coast beaker
-4-2.jpg

-5.jpg

2clicker,
Oh no it is Pappy's fault....Wondering how many others are following in his foots steps.... :D of coarse!!:

I got the BorrMarket itch just catching up to all everyone has said and done in here. I saw Papy and how quickly he moved in on his collection which gave me another :D . I am an old time collector of glass for a different sport. Some strange reason when getting Divorced my ex had to have the glass...hmmm she never liked it that much when we were married. Wondering out loud why in the world she had to have it? :lol:

So I have my SG Mini on the way and a cosmetic defective BW just because of Pappys experience and what he had written. Then of coarse he added his new piece and sold his baby. Wow that affair didn't last all that long!!

Here is where I could use some solid advice. I took the DWB plunge and ordered a custom piece a couple of days ago. From what I read it seems the recommendation would be a waffle to inverted tree and somewhere in the 16-18" range. I would greatly appreciate the advice of the community, what would you personally choose and why?

Thanks to everyone here, without your comments and advice I dont think I would own DBV. Now by adding this one last piece of glass I am hoping to be a happy camper for years to come. So thanks to everyone here for any advice you have!!

bigbud_n_chill,
Nycdeisel said:
Im always telling myself I dont need more glass. But I cant stop myself from looking at it.

Be careful looking leads right into the next ISSUE....ugh I found that out in just a couple of days. Is there a glass-a-holics meeting somewhere. Don't tell me it is here because I believe I caught the bug the minute I stopped in here!!

bigbud_n_chill,
Hey nyc....Support group this is the addiction creation group.... I am thinking next week I will join the Shop-a-holics support group. Wondering if I can use a credit card to pay for the meeting?

haha. Well nycd what would be your recommendation on the DWB custom I ordered? I know you been around a while and definitely respect your advice.

bigbud_n_chill,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
bigbud_n_chill said:
So I have my SG Mini on the way and a cosmetic defective BW just because of Pappys experience and what he had written. Then of coarse he added his new piece and sold his baby. Wow that affair didn't last all that long!!

At least Pappy's BW found a good home. :brow:

Stu,

Pappy

shmaporist
2clicker said:
Did you buy the warped BW? Helluva deal! I'm sure the pipe is fine. The inline isn't reinforced like Stu's but no big thing.

Pappy,
Yeah that was what I picked up, the warped one. :o I got a pretty amazing deal so I figured it should function the same it was worth picking up. So no comments/recommendation on best set up for the custom piece :(

bigbud_n_chill,

EonBlue

Soul Rebel
I would go for a smaller bore tube around 12"-16", the smaller bore helps to concentrate the vapor. But it really comes down to what you would feel comfortable with and that comes with trying lots of different glass. :)

EonBlue,

Nycdeisel

Theres a lot of good artists out there today who are willing to do some fine custom work(for a premium and a wait), and it depends on what you want. For instance, if you wanted a custom inline tube like tstat WAS going to get, go to GF(glasstafarian)

Honestly, I have not been around nearly as long as some of the veterans around here, I just am fairly knowledgable(and I like glass more then the average vaporist :rolleyes:)

EonBlue^ gave you a good start, look for a shorter tube with a smaller bore, thats what I and some others here really prefer(not everyone knows just what they like though, since how can you know if you like something if you havent tried it out?)

Nycdeisel,
Thanks guys. I initially committed to the custom with DWB because price was decent and I thought the work was worth it. At this point I am going this direction, $$ already spent. I just want to make sure I have a decent shot at getting the configuration right. I am sure down the road I will really know what I like. But I love custom glass and there wasn't a whole lot of help I was finding on what to get for Vaping with glass until I came in here. Not sure how I missed this custom vap section. I went every where looking but missed this site, although I was here to get my Vap of choice!!

OK so the shorter isn't a problem. Is the general feeling that Waffle and inverted tree part is correct. That was where I was struggling the most. Again I really do appreciate any feedback. I am also stuck as I have to be on a break for the next few months and I am gathering what I think gives me the best shot of being happy prior to enjoying my hobby. So my savings is going into glass. Plus I was concerned about making the transition to Vap and figured by adding glass it would have the punch I wanted!! Old school type and always loved a nice glass piece :peace:

Thanks again for the advice given and to come, I really appreciate it!!

bigbud_n_chill,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Good luck, Bud. I'm sure you'll find a nice setup that suits you.

:peace:

Stu,

Pappy

shmaporist
bigbud_n_chill said:
eah that was what I picked up, the warped one.I got a pretty amazing deal so I figured it should function the same it was worth picking up.
You gotta great pipe and a great deal! Ben is a friend and a warped Ben isn't that unusual. Gonna remind him about that pipe. :D
Replacement LW 15 on way. My latest addition...
5432844468_7b32c84172_z.jpg

Pappy,
Top Bottom