Custom Glass Ideas/Designs Thread

DabDiva

I was iffy on the recycler hydratube but after seeing the function video i will be giving it a try

Im right there with you Shit Snack. A month to wait to order. Then another month to wait to receive. Also will be my 1st recycler. I am looking forward to seeing if the constant recycle motion of water provides a pull that is easy to inhale for longer amounts of time. This angle of mouthpiece is also going to be something new to try!

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
If any of you have open communication channels going on with Chinese glass makers, could you let them know that FC will no longer allow for links to items with labels of brand names on them? We have not been as diligent as we should've been in the past, but we will be looking out for them more closely going forward. :nope:

Thanks in advance!

:peace:

srama21

Monotonous Botanist
I'll definitely be picking one up. Using this with the Zion won't void the warranty if I understand things correctly. Hoping SSS does the other pieces as well.

Likes2vape

Why in the hell is the mouthpiece facing that direction on the Sunshine Store Hydratube?
I would like to see it turned 180 degrees too, as I really like to watch the action in the tube. I think with the way the mouthpiece position is now it'll be more like a straight tube or bent neck where you just see the top of the tube and not really the action going on in the tube. I'll still be ordering one of these when they are listed though.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Why in the hell is the mouthpiece facing that direction on the Sunshine Store Hydratube?
Stability - if the mouthpiece was turned the other way, it would never stand upright on it's stand (or it would tip over very easily).

By rotating the mouthpiece, the center of gravity stays in the middle of the piece

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I don't know why it bothers so much, I like it compact personally...

I don't see any benefit of it facing the other way, its still not a side car so I don't think much is more visible with that angle either. If it came out on the left or right side, then I'd agree.

But I like @Bongologist's idea, let Steven or someone else make it the other way and let Sunshine's be like this.

Can't wait to see what they do with the non recycler tubes too, that mouthpiece just on the can would be great (I guess an overflow chamber would be good too with out the recycler there anymore? Does that matter?)

Likes2vape

Yeah I don't know why it bothers so much, I like it compact personally...

I don't see any benefit of it facing the other way, its still not a side car so I don't think much is more visible with that angle either. If it came out on the left or right side, then I'd agree.

But I like @Bongologist's idea, let Steven or someone else make it the other way and let Sunshine's be like this.

Can't wait to see what they do with the non recycler tubes too, that mouthpiece just on the can would be great (I guess an overflow chamber would be good too with out the recycler there anymore? Does that matter?)
I'm buying this one when it comes out for sure. I don't care who makes it with the mouthpiece the other way I still want one. Different strokes for different folks.

wildything

I just thought of double functioning glass bubblers, regular top 18mm and bottom 18mm for usage as a hydratube. I was thinking of having the bottom 18mm in the middle of a perc that is welded to the can, removing the traditional base and using a stand as a plug/ base as well as using a plug on the top 18mm when in use as a hydratube. Would anyone be interested in this or am I wasting time?

wildything,

Their reasoning is stated below but I'm more or less with you, the current design looks like it may not work with my fc 278. I may find out first hand, for science.

Worst comes to worst I'd still have a nice tube, just not so good MP.

nondarb,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Their reasoning is stated below but I'm more or less with you, the current design looks like it may not work with my fc 278. I may find out first hand, for science.

Worst comes to worst I'd still have a nice tube, just not so good MP.
The FC 278 I like a lot.
The FC MOUTHPIECE I added to the FC 278.
I fill the top chamber and leave the bottom empty of water.

Fun set up.

The SUN SHINE STORE I get as well.

My biggest gripe is why do these business insist on adding a mouthpiece?

Shipping would be easier.

Sun Shine Store even makes JHOOKS?

The FC 278 I like a lot.
The FC MOUTHPIECE I added to the FC 278.
I fill the top chamber and leave the bottom empty of water.

Fun set up.

The SUN SHINE STORE I get as well.

My biggest gripe is why do these business insist on adding a mouthpiece?

Shipping would be easier.

Sun Shine Store even makes JHOOKS?

I may have to procure the FC-MP. I've got me some of those SSS j-hooks as well! Can't beat em' for the price.

Does your 278 feel "tippy" with the FC-MP? I'm pretty sure we may be the only 278 for now, I've got mine with a nice brown J-hook for now. I also fancy it with the whip, standard MP is in the parts bin.

nondarb,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I may have to procure the FC-MP. I've got me some of those SSS j-hooks as well! Can't beat em' for the price.

Does your 278 feel "tippy" with the FC-MP? I'm pretty sure we may be the only 278 for now, I've got mine with a nice brown J-hook for now. I also fancy it with the whip, standard MP is in the parts bin.
Well you do have to becareful.

I have many setups however I am having a wonderful time with it.

Tomorrow I will attach the FC MOUTHPIECE with one of my vaporizers.

Yes I use the FC 278 many different way's!

The FC UFO is a fun piece I would like one with a MALE adapter facing down so I can use a JHOOK. The MOUTH PIECE 18mm male could be made? The Coupler would be fine? Or use a jhook?

ONE DAY?

Let me add this:
GIRL SCOUT COOKIES = EFFECT INSANE + FLAVOR UNREAL = I CAN'T believe it's JANUARY?

Last edited:

Bongologist

JoJo Woodworks
Accessory Maker
New preliminary drawing of the modular hydrotube design. This is the real size as drawn and I would like some input on overall dimensions, height of the main water chamber, mouthpiece size, and anything else you can think of. As before, critique away.
vfaPsPT.jpg

Shit Snacks

New preliminary drawing of the modular hydrotube design. This is the real size as drawn and I would like some input on overall dimensions, height of the main water chamber, mouthpiece size, and anything else you can think of. As before, critique away.
vfaPsPT.jpg

Nice!

I still think we should also have them make regular tubes with mouthpieces attached of these various perc styles...

And the splash back chamber joint shouldn't have those vertical lines? Just two horizontal lines, like the Evolver HydraTree and HydraCirc

And do we care about side car options too?

Bongologist

JoJo Woodworks
Accessory Maker
I agree about attached mouthpieces and will draw that also, I'm just really liking the modular idea too. I have seen a few pics of the vapexhale tubes, but I'm not very familiar and intentionally staying away from looking at their stuff. I don't agree with US IP laws, but I'm not going to directly copy from their pieces either (even if I think it's not "their" piece to begin with). If our designs happen to collide I'm not going to worry about it in the least though.

The slits in the bottom chamber... I was thinking if water ran down to the top of that joint and rolled down over the glass it would be less likely to leak with vertical lines then horizontal. Maybe fewer smaller lines? I was just trying to make sure air flow was solid but I'll change to horizontal on the final drawing if that's most effective. I'm also wondering if the top portion is tall enough to hold water but not let it pull into the joint or above. Thoughts on the height, overall or otherwise?

I am indifferent on the sidecar style. I think we might be making too many options to make them all and if these prove to be decent sellers they could easily add that in the future.

I think we might be making too many options to make them all and if these prove to be decent sellers they could easily add that in the future.

This. I started up a longer comment about what I would like to see in tubes but realized this is proving ground of sorts, we should push for successful deigns on a grander scale so they will be apt to do more pet projects down the line.

Personally if the tubes we'll designed the first time I don't care for optional MP's. A sidecar (can on right) UFO tube excites me.

YungLeaner

@nondarb i completely agree. I would love to see several revisions of any of these drawings before we submit to any makers.
I tried making a revision drawing, but I'm pretty awful with this sort of stuff. If I get a good one today I'll post it. What I was thinking was to ask Steven about a "fat can" hydratube. Maybe 8 centimeter base instead of 5, and only a 10 centimeter height? The UFO perc doesn't need much space anyways--and with the modular idea in mind, it would be very helpful to have a can that was wider and more stable then most of the VXL tubes.

Shit Snacks

I agree about attached mouthpieces and will draw that also, I'm just really liking the modular idea too. I have seen a few pics of the vapexhale tubes, but I'm not very familiar and intentionally staying away from looking at their stuff. I don't agree with US IP laws, but I'm not going to directly copy from their pieces either (even if I think it's not "their" piece to begin with). If our designs happen to collide I'm not going to worry about it in the least though.

The slits in the bottom chamber... I was thinking if water ran down to the top of that joint and rolled down over the glass it would be less likely to leak with vertical lines then horizontal. Maybe fewer smaller lines? I was just trying to make sure air flow was solid but I'll change to horizontal on the final drawing if that's most effective. I'm also wondering if the top portion is tall enough to hold water but not let it pull into the joint or above. Thoughts on the height, overall or otherwise?

I am indifferent on the sidecar style. I think we might be making too many options to make them all and if these prove to be decent sellers they could easily add that in the future.

Yeah it's purely about function, its a spash guard, if water comes down through that hole, it will hit a plain glass guard, then fall to the side of the joint in that chamber. A little water is fine in there, does nothing. If it has verticle slits, then water can go right through those slits and down the female joint no? So functionallly, has to be horizontal I think. Just look at those VXL pieces bc I dono if I can explain it. It doesn't ha e to be the same but that's where the who splashguard idea comes from, need to look to the only example...

And agreed, lets take it slow. I say let em make a regular circ tube like the recycler without the recycler first. Then it's easy to start talking swapped percs and mouthpieces...

And for can size, make it taller why not? Couldn't hurt, extra precaution.

Bongologist

JoJo Woodworks
Accessory Maker
Ok, let's try this as the "base" design and go from here. I made the water chamber taller, horizontal slits in the bottom joint, attached mouthpiece. My questions now: angle of mouthpiece? Is 16cm a good distance from the can or should it be longer, shorter, or taller? Is the mouthpiece too big, it's 3cm, should it be 2cm? Is the globe for the perc to big?
vrPB95D.jpg

Last edited:
Bongologist,
Top Bottom