Custom Glass Ideas/Designs Thread

blankrider

@Stu @Ratchett and any other lefties, I know that this batch is in production right now. If it is not too late I will ask if he can make like ten of them lefty.

I told him about making the mouthpiece slightly more narrow for a better fit. I also told him that the perc should be 1cm or less from the bottom of the can. I didn't get an actual confirmation of those changes but hopefully they will be made in addition to the improved perc.

and you will know when v2 is coming out because I will post about it. Also I will tell him to put "v2" in the listing

blankrider

I already got approval for 10 left handed 187 to be made for all you ass backward lefties.

I guess the perc is the only change for this batch. Sorry for anyone who had an issue with the mouthpiece, it will be changed on the next run.

The mini peyote pillar are being produced right now and should be available for purchase in about 2 weeks if all goes well. 150 are being made and I'm working on getting a price set up right now

@EverythingsHazy what is the status of the big pillar (FC-186) and whom are you working with that will be selling it

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
I believe that I have an agreement for under $60. So somewhere around $55 which is approximately 8% the cost of the real thing which sells for 700
tumblr_lcl_1528696869.gif

Oglop

I just got my FC-187 and it looks awesome! The perc is perfectly cut and all the slits are the same size and seem to fire equally. I was worried i was gonna receive a piece with crooked and uneven bands in the perc, but the bands are perfectly straight and has a consistent size. The only flaws are a slight dent around the dewar joint on the top of the can and a small bubble where the mouthpiece connects to the can. Totally worth the $80 i spent (Yeah, shipping is $40 to Europe) .

I was number 15 to order. I never checked the tracking and steven even sent me a message on DHgate when my package had been at the postal office for 2 days saying it was ready to pick up.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
just got my FC-187 and it looks awesome! The perc is perfectly cut and all the slits are the same size and seem to fire equally. I was worried i was gonna receive a piece with crooked and uneven bands in the perc, but the bands are perfectly straight and has a consistent size.

Nice! Yeah I was looking at my perc today and I swear the person who cut it was drunk - some horizontal bands are HUGE, and then go really narrow and crooked. Then another huge crooked horizontal cut on the other side of the perc.

From the mixed reports, it sounds like the perc's are not made by the same person/machine. I guess as with all glass from these chinese vendors, it really comes down to luck of the draw as to who made your specific piece. Some of workers have the skill of an artisan, crafting perfect pieces every time (some of my china glass pieces are perfect, not a poor weld or bubble). Others look like it was made by a first year apprentice

I'll probably grab a lefty FC187v2 just for shits and giggles when it's released

Last edited by a moderator:

NickDlow

Log Hog
Nice! Yeah I was looking at my perc today and I swear the person who cut it was drunk - some horizontal bands are HUGE, and then go really narrow and crooked. Then another huge crooked horizontal cut on the other side of the perc.

From the mixed reports, it sounds like the perc's are not made by the same person/machine. I guess as with all glass from these chinese vendors, it really comes down to luck of the draw as to who made your specific piece. Some of workers have the skill of an artisan, crafting perfect pieces every time (some of my china glass pieces are perfect, not a poor weld or bubble).

I'll probably grab a lefty FC187v2 just for shits and giggles when it's released

I think we caught the same employee who did the fucked up bands lol I still like both of mine I may get a third FC-187 with a refined perc n just message Steven to make sure. I'm sure I could sell or gift my other two.

Erwin

Just found Steven's YouTube channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXBgg0U4jTBbniIakA8YM8w

AND SO, FC friends, (daht-dah-dah-dah-dah-dhuuum) I present you (daht-dah-dah-daht-daht-da-DHAAAA!) the long-awaited diffusion pump:

AND, possibly even more exciting (at least to me), this one, four second video. Make of it what you will:

:rockon:

EDIT: Thanks again @blankrider for making our dreams a reality. I, for one, will be the first in line for both of these.

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Didn't even realize the Diffusion pump was 14mm male, ugh. I don't dab.

Guess I'll wait on this one, see how the first batch looks.

Looking forward to the Pillars, :nod:.

Edit: Fixed to 14mm male. Thanks for pointing that out @alltoreup

Last edited:

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
Didn't even realize the Diffusion pump was 18mm male, ugh. I don't dab.

I don't see it in the description in the mobile app but I thought the FC-710 diffusion pump was supposed to be 14mm male. Looks are deceiving but I think it's 14mm. The real one is 14mm and it think @blankrider mentioned the copy was 14mm.

clukx

What's the point of the diffusion pump it doesn't look to diffuse well at all? Also sounds chuggy

clukx,

clukx

Not too chuggy since there's not much water being displaced. Works more like a recycler to cool the vapor instead of diffusing it.
ahh OK I actually have the bear mountain studios x grav labs recycler so I can get an idea of how this works then

clukx,

MuushuPork

Didn't even realize the Diffusion pump was 14mm male, ugh. I don't dab.

Edit: Fixed to 14mm male. Thanks for pointing that out @alltoreup

I think I'm holding out for the pillar as well.

Any opinions on how the pillar would treat concentrates compared to the pump? Im interested in both but figured Id stay with the pump as I stick to concentrates with my nano these days. Will be using my custom 14mm female V&C gong ;)

Cablue

Any opinions on how the pillar would treat concentrates compared to the pump? Im interested in both but figured Id stay with the pump as I stick to concentrates with my nano these days. Will be using my custom 14mm female V&C gong ;)

In my opinion I think larger pieces aren't great at all for dabbing. I've personally continuously gotten smaller and smaller for both combustion and noncombustion and never looked back. If you're looking for ACTUAL diffusion/filtration and smoothness just get a scientific perc of sorts, if you want flavor the "diffusion pump" is the type of style you're looking for. The name can be misleading I think.

I also think the diffusion pump will just be better overall for anyone using a vape as the smoke is pretty clean already, just my 2 cents though :), good luck on your decision!

Anony Moose

I also think the diffusion pump will just be better overall for anyone using a vape as the smoke is pretty clean already, just my 2 cents though
Particulate matter can be a problem depending on how fine of herb you use and what model of vape you're using. I use a V-Tower and do "elbow" packs (not really elbow anymore since I use Vapor Brothers H20 adapters instead of the fragile Arizer elbow joints these days) and before I started running it through water I would occasionally suck in little pieces of herb which snuck through the screen of the elbow joint, get throat irritation and spit out phlegm mixed with tiny particles of herb.

Then I started running it through a low diffusion bong and this helped the throat irritation.

Then I started running it through a GB-186 (fake stereo matrix, high diffusion) and the throat irritation disappeared completely.

tl;dr: High diffusion percs can help filter very small pieces of herb which may slip through the screen of your vaporizer.

Top Bottom