Crafty/Crafty+ by Storz & Bickel

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I want my crafty to die again, but I just keeps ticking...

I know it may sound crazy, but I need some reinforced housing in my life!

In the absence of my mighty, I used the crafty with a friend here with my friend in a legal state as a session vape.

While the crafty is no mighy, it did not fail to impress long term blunt smokers who were skeptical.

biohacker

but I just want a long working Crafty

Does it exist? If so, sign me up. I've been keeping an eye on this thread since I sold my Crafty, and i'm still not convinced.

I want my crafty to die again, but I just keeps ticking...

I know it may sound crazy, but I need some reinforced housing in my life!

LMAO I know EXACTLY how you feel....only for my Mighty, and it just won't die!!

skyvaper

I want my crafty to die again, but I just keeps ticking.

I thought my crafty would keep going too. You are not alone in that. I had a going away party with the crafty. Iso and q tip came by to wish the crafty farewell.
Those flashing red and orange lights are the signal for an upgrade. They forgot that in the manual. @WakeAndVape and @biohacker. <----- I see you pulled that Mighty #2 from the classifieds good move!

Tek

Anyone have a link to the third party apps? Mine isn't communicating but the unit still works.

Tek,

Thcgos

Vape Addict
Anyone have a link to the third party apps? Mine isn't communicating but the unit still works.

As @grokit said re-install the app.
If that doesn't work, try a factory reset on your crafty (I believe by holding down the power button for ~15 seconds).

If that doesn't work, if you have an android device there is a "Vaporizer control craft vcc" app on the google play store, try that. If you have a Mac someone on here developed a program (search through the thread).

I would follow the steps in that order.

Thcgos,

skeletor

I wish it would be that easy for me. :bang:

If I have to escalate this to small claims court, could this all blow up in my face with respect to the types of herbs I Vape?

Hey @perspectionist -- any word from S & B?

Take everything I am about to say with a grain of salt because I am not a lawyer, and this is not legal advice. But, as a legal "hobbyist," your question intrigued me a bit.

I think S & B would have to argue you used some sort of non-approved herb in the device and connect that to the reason for warranty rejection for it to have any bearing in court. The device vaporizes lots of things at 190 degrees C - including three things with medicinal application in the manual: Sage, Thyme, & Chamomile. There isn't any reason for you to disclose what you put in the device and your use is consistent with vaporizing those three herbs.

S & B is probably not wanting to wade into that legal water either. At that point, it raises questions about what they are doing shipping a device they know to have cannabis residue across state lines. (Hint: This is probably why S & B says "Ship us only your Crafty base, and not your cooling unit" on a warranty swap -- because they don't want the liability of being on the receiving end of dirty cooling units full of thc buildup and getting pwned by the US Federal Government for participating in interstate drug trafficking).

Now that I am thinking about it more, though, you might have to appear in court in CA to sue S & B in small claims court -- but you might have some recourse with the California Attorney General's office...

fishwater

Hey guys & gals, I've been lurking here for a while & finally decided to create my account. I bought the Crafty yesterday from my LHS after owning two Atmos Raw pens, the Firefly, the Atmos Boss & Atmos Astra, as well as a SSV for home use. I have to say the Crafty blows them all away although I still love my Boss & Astra for quick rips while driving. I smoke alone, typical married with kids so need some stealthyness & quick heat up for two or three rips & then come back to it later. I have to say I am pretty worried about all the problems with the Crafty that I am reading here, the hits are amazing, best of any portable I've used or owned. My local guy sold me everything else & after commenting on how hot the vapor is on the Astra, how weak the battery is on the Firefly sold me on the Crafty over the Pax 2, which I've also used & found to get a little hot suring a long session with a friend. So it's killer so far but am I waiting on a ticking time bomb here? I know how forums are since I'm on quite a few for my other interests & since this one seems as honest as possible I'm still a little concerned about the quality of construction for my new toy.....BUT I also know forums are a great outlet for enthusiasts to comment on quality or not so we tend to be a little more critical than the general public.

Mr. Me2

Hey guys & gals, I've been lurking here for a while & finally decided to create my account. I bought the Crafty yesterday from my LHS after owning two Atmos Raw pens, the Firefly, the Atmos Boss & Atmos Astra, as well as a SSV for home use. I have to say the Crafty blows them all away although I still love my Boss & Astra for quick rips while driving. I smoke alone, typical married with kids so need some stealthyness & quick heat up for two or three rips & then come back to it later. I have to say I am pretty worried about all the problems with the Crafty that I am reading here, the hits are amazing, best of any portable I've used or owned. My local guy sold me everything else & after commenting on how hot the vapor is on the Astra, how weak the battery is on the Firefly sold me on the Crafty over the Pax 2, which I've also used & found to get a little hot suring a long session with a friend. So it's killer so far but am I waiting on a ticking time bomb here? I know how forums are since I'm on quite a few for my other interests & since this one seems as honest as possible I'm still a little concerned about the quality of construction for my new toy.....BUT I also know forums are a great outlet for enthusiasts to comment on quality or not so we tend to be a little more critical than the general public.
Welcome @fishwater! I have the same reliability concerns as you, but with fingers crossed, I have had no problems with my Crafty. I treat all my toys gently and that likely helps. So here's hoping you have no issues with yours! And I do love this Vape (but still can't wait for my grasshopper).

King_Bob

I have owned my Crafty for almost one year and was never able to use the Crafty app because it was not available for my windows phone. I recently got an android tablet and have installed the Crafty App. Now that I can see the actual temperature I am noticing the temperature does not hold steady at 356. It will keep fluctuating between 356 and 361 without any vaping. Is that normal ?

Mr. Me2

I have owned my Crafty for almost one year and was never able to use the Crafty app because it was not available for my windows phone. I recently got an android tablet and have installed the Crafty App. Now that I can see the actual temperature I am noticing the temperature does not hold steady at 356. It will keep fluctuating between 356 and 361 without any vaping. Is that normal ?
I'd email that question to S&B. Personally, I rarely check the app and don't monitor the temp, other than waiting for it to turn back to green after it turns red during a pull...

fishwater

Welcome @fishwater! I have the same reliability concerns as you, but with fingers crossed, I have had no problems with my Crafty. I treat all my toys gently and that likely helps. So here's hoping you have no issues with yours! And I do love this Vape (but still can't wait for my grasshopper).

Thanks @Mr. Me2, I looked at the grasshopper as well but figured the Crafty would be a better long term investment for my needs. Again, hopefully all of us get the the life out of the product we expect.

I've been reading this thread & still uncertain on the best charging practices, whether it makes sense to charge after every use like some users are doing or whether it makes sense to let the battery deplete first?

Mr Mellish

Thanks @Mr. Me2, I looked at the grasshopper as well but figured the Crafty would be a better long term investment for my needs. Again, hopefully all of us get the the life out of the product we expect.

I've been reading this thread & still uncertain on the best charging practices, whether it makes sense to charge after every use like some users are doing or whether it makes sense to let the battery deplete first?

You don't want the battery to deplete. I generally charge when it gets down to two bars (and NEVER charge when the battery is hot). My Crafty is nearly a year old and still running like a champ (queue the bad luck with that pronouncement...).

biohacker

sounds like it's right on par for the course then! 27 hours in a year? Wow!

I could handle a 2 minute-ish warmup, but anything after that is just too much for me. Mighty does it in a minute though!

Vapor Loop

The heat up on my Air drives me nut's and it's about 2 minute top's on a low battery. I can handle that if the vapor is really good like everyone say's. The non swap battery don't sit well with me tho regardless of price.

I wan't to know what the record is for hour's on Fc? I think the highest i seen was in the 120's, That just sound's too low for me, Has anyone even broken into 300 hour's?

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
The heat up on my Air drives me nut's and it's about 2 minute top's on a low battery. I can handle that if the vapor is really good like everyone say's. The non swap battery don't sit well with me tho regardless of price.

I wan't to know what the record is for hour's on Fc? I think the highest i seen was in the 120's, That just sound's too low for me, Has anyone even broken into 300 hour's?

My second Crafty worked 216 hours!

Astedra

My third crafty at 48 hours and I no longer can get 3 sessions per charge. That was too fast. Cmon crafty 2.0 with replaceable batteries.

Edit: Crafty dead at 48 hour

I wonder how much it costs S&B to make a crafty what the costs are with so many faulty units. Now we know why it's so expensive.

Last edited:

happygolucky

had my crafty about a 1 1/2 weeks now (7 hours of usage, version 2.08) and the only complaint is the battery. The flavor is amazing but it goes away after about 3-4 rips. I use temp 362F with power boost to 388. If you power rip the hell out of it you can get 4 bowls, if you take your time and space out the rips (maybe a 30-60 seconds between rips) then you'll get 2-3 bowls. I cleaned it after the second use and haven't messed with it since. I will do a cleaning sometime this week as it's getting pretty sticky near the screen area.

I have 1 portable power bank (3000mah) and it's almost enough to charge the crafty to a full charge, it stops 1 block before full charge. I ordered a ryot case http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00POAE64W?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 from amazon which will be here within the week. A smell proof case is a must for this vape guys, this thing really smells. If you leave it your room or car prepare to have the area smell like dank weed if not in a smell proof case.

as far as charging, you basically need to always be charging it. So after every 1-2 bowls I'll charge it. If you let it get down too low it won't have enough juice to possibly finish a bowl and it takes 2 hours to re charge so you'll have to wait that long if you're not constantly charging. I do find that my hi speed incase car charger seems to charge this thing pretty fast.

Last edited:

biohacker

I can't wait for the day where technology speeds up to the point where we are not contingent on battery life. I mean common, it's 2016 almost, and we're still tied to a battery technology that only allows a miniscule amount of charge before requiring a lengthy charge? Yet we can land on the moon and land rovers on mars? What the fucking fuck!? 3 measly bowls, and then a 2 hour charge to get the same thing, only to not get the same thing over time resulting in more money out of pocket? I'm not knocking the Crafty, IMHO it's THE best portable (for my needs anyway) for stealth, but I am seriously looking forward to the day the Aliens give up their caramilk secret, so we can have a power source the size of a tiny watch battery, that only requires a charge maybe monthly!

Vape on Crafty muthafuckas!

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I can't wait for the day where technology speeds up to the point where we are not contingent on battery life. I mean common, it's 2016 almost, and we're still tied to a battery technology that only allows a miniscule amount of charge before requiring a lengthy charge? Yet we can land on the moon and land rovers on mars? What the fucking fuck!? 3 measly bowls, and then a 2 hour charge to get the same thing, only to not get the same thing over time resulting in more money out of pocket? I'm not knocking the Crafty, IMHO it's THE best portable (for my needs anyway) for stealth, but I am seriously looking forward to the day the Aliens give up their caramilk secret, so we can have a power source the size of a tiny watch battery, that only requires a charge maybe monthly!

Vape on Crafty muthafuckas!
Lol...but I was silly with fresh state active thc!

Yea once a month charging would be dream like, I would just settle for a swappable battery for when times get tough.

...Once a month would be the shit though

Top Bottom